Start by marking “Rapunzel” as Want to Read:
Rapunzel

Rapunzel

An easy-to-read retelling of the classic tale about the long-haired maiden and the evil witch who kept the long-haired maiden and the evil witch who kept her locked in a tower...until the day a handsome prince came riding through the forest.
Published September 1st 1990 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Rapunzel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rapunzel

Marquise
There's not much positive I can find to say about this rendition of "Rapunzel," because I didn't consider the text all that good as it could've been, and the art isn't much to my liking either and I didn't think it enhanced the text so well.
Megan
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books as a child! I actually found it on my shelf and had my name and the date (1989) scribbled inside. I remember reading this over and over on a long car trip with my grandparents. Such a nice revisit!
Meghan Coffey
Jan 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I gave this three stars for the exact same reason I gave Rumpelstiltskin three stars: nothing jumped out at me. It was exactly like the Rapunzel fairy tale I read for this class and the artwork didn't really impress me. It just seemed....normal. Sure, I love the story of Rapunzel, but it's not one of my favorite fairy tales.
Vanessa Easley
This is the classic story or Rapunzel. I love this story and I feel like I finally got to learn the back story when I read this. I like the idea of her name coming from the plant the pregnant mother ate. This story would be good to read when addressing folklore or fairytales.
Lexie Orme
Jan 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 01-folklore
This has the really wicked witch and the young prince who ends up blind after the witch cuts her braid and lures in the prince. But the prince still finds her in the forest. Different from the Disney, but tis to be expected
Kelsey Scherer
Oct 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: folklore
A classic version of Rapunzel. Although it is they typical version, the live happily ever after, it is a different spin. The illustrations were not the best but it was a cute story. Overall a good book but not my favorite.
Tweety
I read this when I was about six and I loved it so much, my teacher let me bring it home. I have kept it ever since. The pictures are beautiful which I think that's one of the best things about faerie tales, the pictures. Absolutely delightful.
Miss Clark
One of my favorite fairytale retellings as a child!
Liz