Start by marking “Into the Tomorrows” as Want to Read:
Into the Tomorrows

Into the Tomorrows (Bleeding Hearts #1)

But that was so long ago...

Published June 16th 2016 by Whitney Barbetti

Christie«SHBBblogger»
DNF no rating

I have nothing but the utmost respect for this author, but sometimes a book just isn't for you, and this was the case here. I'm sad to say that it didn't work for me this time around.

Whitney Barbetti
Jan 27, 2016 Whitney Barbetti added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
Cover and synopsis coming March 8th.

Sign up for the cover and synopsis reveal as a reader or as a blogger and I'll love you forever.
Talon
Jun 08, 2016 Talon rated it really liked it
Forget the fact that Whitney Barbetti is cool as shit. Forget the fact that Ten Below Zero is one of my my cherished books still to this day. And forget the fact that Whitney Barbetti likes tacos as much as I do. Whitney, as an author and her book Into The Tomorrow portrays some of the best writing I have seen to date. You don't like the characters or plot? I don't care. Whitney's writing is poignant, charismatic, and breathtaking.

"Time means nothing. Time is disposable. Time is the biggest thi
Bianca
Jan 27, 2016 Bianca rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 STARS

“It’s like you’re full of secrets that you can’t speak, but you wear them on your face anyway.”

This is not your usual read. It is not the normal sad girl meets boy and he changes things. No. It’s more than that. Deeper. It’s a slow burn. It’s something that you can’t quite put your finger on, but its there. You feel it. And when things come to the surface? You’re just never the same.

“But in that moment, my indefinites transformed into
Amy
May 17, 2016 Amy rated it it was amazing
“My identity was lost in the in-betweens”

“I can feel your loneliness, Trista.” He was watching me, the moon reflecting off of his face. “It’s in your eyes, that hunger for something that digs past the superficial. You want someone to know you, but you’re afraid too. And you’re consoling yourself with someone who doesn’t want to know you because you know it’s safe.” He let out a breath, like he was absolving himself of some kind of demon. “ And fuck me if it doesn’t make me want to give you what
Lex Martin
Mar 11, 2016 Lex Martin rated it it was amazing
This book was such an intense read for me. Between Whitney's beautiful prose and Trista's heartbreaking journey, I was completely sucked in, from beginning to end. I raged, I cried, and I gripped my Kindle like a life vest. Into the Tomorrows is a story you'll be thinking about long after you turn the last page.
Shannon Moore
Jun 04, 2016 Shannon Moore rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I haven't had such a visceral reaction to a story in a long time. Whitney's style and poise is so poignant, it spoke to me on such a personal level, it's incomprehensible. This is a story that no reader should overlook.

Trista. I don't even know how to start other than saying I wish I could've helped this girl. Just start by reading the blurb, and tell me your heart doesn't hurt for this her. After hearing what she had been through, the problems she faced with her mother and her lack of identity
Kimberly Dodd
Feb 08, 2016 Kimberly Dodd rated it it was amazing
Wow. As I sit here and mourn the end of this book, I'm trying to find the words to adequately portray my feelings.

This book was achingly beautiful in all of the best possible ways. Barbetti always manages to steal my breath with her words but the emotions and feelings I have after this one is everything.

These characters carried parts of my soul around with them. Feelings I know all too well we're there, in black and white, written on a page for everyone to read.

This is hands down one of my ne
Ali *The Black Heart*

I am struggling with my overall rating and thoughts on Into the Tomorrows. Barbetti’s Ten Below Zero was a standout read for me when I read it last year, and I was very much looking forward to this title. I like broken characters and the idea of falling for your partner’s roommate is the right amount of taboo to catch my attention.

So, why the struggle?

Well, there were a couple of things. Let’s start with the bad then move on to the good.

Trista.

Trista has not had a happy life, her childh
Kandi Steiner
I finished this book two days ago and I still don't have the words to explain how much I loved it. It's been a LONG time since I devoured a book the way I did this one. If you don't read the rest of this review, make sure you read and retain this next sentence: BUY THIS BOOK. Buy it right now. Read it and savor it and wrap yourself up like a burrito inside its pages. Whitney Barbetti's Into the Tomorrows is one of my top reads this year!

First let me start this by saying it's been FOREVER since I
Amy
Jun 18, 2016 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Into The Tomorrows (Bleeding Hearts Book 1)
Whitney Barbetti

So I don’t know if Im in a reading funk but the stories just aren’t hitting me right or well the past few days. The preface of this book is just sad. Trista is born from hate almost – not even sadness and it bothered me that her mother was such a worthless piece of shit. There was no strong female lead. We had a child basically verbally abused by her mother which lead to her lacking any self esteem in who she was. Her entire chi
cynthia
Mar 08, 2016 cynthia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: signed-pb, own-pb
Still processing feelings

It's a few months after I've read ITT and I still don't know how to express how much I loved this story but figure I needed to give it a try.

Into the tomorrows is a story about loss, self discovery, and finding love. The female MC Trista has not had an easy life.

Love the poems
Jude is everything
Kristen Johnson
Jan 27, 2016 Kristen Johnson rated it it was amazing
Full Review to Come.

I think this is Whitney Barbetti's best work yet!
Samantha Hanson
Jan 27, 2016 Samantha Hanson rated it it was amazing
Whitney Barbetti has done it again. This woman can write a story that will punch you in the gut and make you do a double take before you even know what hits you.

Oh Jude! I am seriously in love. I think he is my soulmate character. If I could make a mold it would definitely be in the form of Jude… sigh. Poor Trista has had a rough upbringing and her boyfriend Colin really was the kind of guy you want to smack upside the head. He leaves Trista to fend for herself after a move and my boy Jude is t
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
3-3.5 stars

WOW!!

What a story. I'm not gonna lie but I was so not expecting that ending. It was shocking to say the least. I would love the second book like yesterday.

The reason why I gave this book the rating I did was because of the story around the halfway mark. I got quite bored. I honestly thought that the first 15% and the ending were the best part of the story. Had it gone that emotional and evoked some more through the middle, this story would have had a totally different rating.

I also
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
Oh how I love Whitney Barbetti's way with words! She can put so many emotions into them and create these beautiful stories.

So far, the books of hers I've read have the perfect ammount of angst the stories needed and Into the Tomorrows is not different.

I had Colin figured out since the first time he appeared and although my heart broke for Trista I wanted to shake her up and show her what she was missing. I love Jude. He is everything. And I like Mila too.

Now I really like Trista. I like how we c
Melanie
I went back and forth on how to rate this book. The ending was shocking and I enjoyed that the most. I have to say that I went back and forth between loving and hating Colin and Tristan. I am going to start book 2 just to get some closure.
Lia
Mar 08, 2016 Lia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-books
***ARC generously given by Indie Girl Promotions

Some parts of this story contain minor spoilers.

In every book I've read of Whitney's, her male heros reflect her in a way. Jude is insightful and his stories, like Whitney's, make me "think too much." Making me feel a lot like the female lead, uncomfortable, but I can help but want to be embraced by Jude...embraced by the story.

By far, Jude is my favourite male hero (I'm so sorry Everett) that Whitney has written.

Into the Tomorrow's, despite not be
Natalie Bailey (LifeandLoveofaBibliophile)
Okay. I have no idea where to start with this.

I LOVE Whitney Barbettis words, all of them. Her ability to take 26 letters and mix them around to create something so beautiful and consuming stuns me. The way she can start a book and have me dragged in and crying before the second chapter? Amazing.

Ten below Zero was one of my favourite reads by this author and one of my most cherished books ever but lets stop and take a minute because Into the Tomorrows has just fucking topped it!!!! Yes i devour
Book Reading Gals
Oct 23, 2016 Book Reading Gals rated it it was amazing
Title: Into the Tomorrows

Series: Bleeding Hearts #1

Author: Whitney Barbetti

Genre: Romance, New Adult & College

Blurb:

I was born in sadness, which was just the beginning of a solemn and desolate life. I'm no stranger to pain—none of us are. The night I held my best friend's hand as she died, I understood true agony. And I never thought I'd feel happiness again. But that was so long ago... Moving to Colorado to be with Colin, my high school sweetheart, was the perfect way to start over and rek
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Jun 10, 2016 Book Loving Fairy-Blog rated it it was amazing
Star Rating: 5 stars

“Love isn’t worth the heartache it leaves behind. Don’t fall in love. You’ll lose all your happiness.”

This was a gripping read for me, very raw and real.

The emotions that come out when Ellie dies is real and you can feel the pain through Trista’s words.

Trista Kohl, the girl that is swamped with sorrow and doesn’t know how to find her way out of it and simply at this point in her life she doesn’t want to, for anyone. Time passes and Trista still feels trapped in the a very hur
Mary Ruth (TheReadingRuth)

*An e-ARC of the book was given by the author in exchange for an honest review*

There is no doubt that Whitney Barbetti is really one of my literary goddesses. This woman knows how to capture simple emotions and draw depth from them. Into the Tomorrows was a consuming read; something that will keep you thinking, feeling, and anticipating. So addictive and hard to put down!
“You’re not Trista the sad; you’re Trista the unknown.”

Trista never had a clear picture of the kind of woman she was
Tina Lynne
Feb 20, 2016 Tina Lynne rated it it was amazing
I was hesitant to read this one.

I love Whitney Barbetti. Her writing evokes so much emotion and I feel like her words are written for my soul. This book comes after a long pause since her last release and I was rabid for something from Barbetti’s brain. So naturally when this book came about and I heard more about it and saw the lovely cover, I was anxious to read it. Then I read the synopsis… Cheating. I hate it. With a passion. So naturally I was VERY torn about reading this book but I took a
Beauté De Livres  (Vivian Freeman)
It’s been a week since I’ve read this book and every day I sit at my laptop determined to write a review and every day I shut my laptop in defeat. Usually I am good with words and expressing how a book made me feel, but for this one, I come up blank. What I find more peculiar is that I inhaled this book. I took in every word and absorbed every sentence. It weighed heavy on my mind and even heavier on my heart. Through Trista Kohl, Whitney Barbetti has paid attention to detail and depicted sadnes ...more
Sakuranko
I am trying to put my better words for this review. It was annoying finish this book due all my family decided talk me when I was reaching to the last chapters. Wow this was so unexpected in many different ways. First the fact about Ellie wow that was amazing. This book is about sorrow and grief more than a romantic and sexy book that surely is too.

I felt pretty bad about Trista. First because come on that name is not nothing pretty and her mom is a truly bitch. And well Colin is a son of bitch
Chelsea Tollefson
Jun 20, 2016 Chelsea Tollefson rated it liked it
Interesting... I thought I had read a book from this author before, and I just looked after finishing this one. I read He Found Me.

Throughout Into the Tomorrows, I enjoyed the story but there were a couple things that really irked me. It took me a while to figure out what they were. Then I just read my review from He Found Me and my feelings are exactly the same.

I enjoyed the story. The things that rubbed me the wrong way:
-wordiness. It was so repetitive. Yes, I understand that you only know you
Kaitlyn
Nov 29, 2016 Kaitlyn rated it it was amazing
Wow! What is wrong with me and why is this the first book I've read by Whitney Barbetti?!? That was freaking amazing!! I was drawn in instantly from the beginning. Poor freaking Trista! This girl, she's endured a lot and after everything she's gone through she's still one tough chick! Just she blows me away! So once the story gets rolling Trista meets Jude. Oh Jude!! Love him! He's exactly what trista needs.... patient, kind, understanding, and just Jude. Add in Colin and judes sister Mila and w ...more
JJ Jackson
Jun 10, 2016 JJ Jackson rated it really liked it
I read this book with equal parts understanding and frustration. The situation between Trista and Colin broke my heart and made me crazy. But then there was Jude. Sweet, sweet Jude.

And now I have The Beatles going through my head...
"Hey Jude, don't be afraid. You were made to go out and get her. The minute you let her under your skin. Then you begin to make it better."

Jude was the perfect reprieve to the heavy dose of angst this book delivered. He balanced out the assholery of Colin and tamed m
Krista Ricchi
Jan 27, 2016 Krista Ricchi rated it it was amazing
I .......you.....ok so I am a sobbing mess. Yes people this is what Whitney does. She crushes your soul and leaves you on the edge of a cliff debating if you will jump off. Seriously her books are amazing. They will leave you breathless and wanting more. This book was so filled with emotion that you couldn't help but feel it with the characters. The plot was like no other and the cover just makes you swoon. I feel like I am missing part of my soul and I think Whitney carries it around in her pur ...more
Whitney
Jan 27, 2016 Whitney rated it it was amazing
I love the way Whitney writes, and I've been so excited to read this book. It lived up to all of my expectations.
Into the Tomorrows is the story of Trista--a girl who has experienced terrible pain. She's lost, and she's trying to figure out where she belongs and what makes her happy.
Insert beautiful scenery, a fair amount of angst, and one hot tent guy. You now have the recipe for an amazing story--an absolute page-turner. I don't want to go into detail, because I hate spoilers. Just read this
  • Six (Men by Numbers, #2)
  • Twenty to Life
  • Ink and Bone (New York Crime Kings, #5)
  • Kissed by Reality
  • A Veil of Vines
  • Retrieval (The Retrieval Duet, #1)
  • A Beautiful Sin
  • Refrain (Soul, #3)
  • The First Taste
  • Duplicity (Tales from the Dark Side, #2)
  • Thief of Hearts (Hearts, #5)
  • Fault Lines
  • Romantica (The Romantica Trilogy, #1)
  • Witch Wicked Way
  • Death of a Rock Star (The Boy in the Band, #0.5)
  • Welcome to the Cameo Hotel
  • Backfire (Vigilantes, #2)
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
***Please message me via my website - I am almost never on Goodreads! Thank you!***

Join my Facebook fan group (not a street team) for first looks at upcoming books, exclusive cover reveals, and giveaways!

I am the author of new adult romance novels. He Found Me (May 2014) is the first in a two-part series. The sequel, He Saved Me, released in December 2014. Ten Below Zero (August 2014) is a standa
More about Whitney Barbetti...

Bleeding Hearts (2 books)
  • Back To Yesterday

“home is a pair of hands to hold.” 0 likes
“Time means nothing. Time is disposable. Time is the biggest thief of our lives, but only if we let it steal from us.” 0 likes