Start by marking “Dying to Forget (The Station #1)” as Want to Read:
Dying to Forget (The Station #1)

Dying to Forget

(The Station #1)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  2,697 Ratings  ·  395 Reviews
Librarian's note: This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN: B008S2RKAU

For some, the day you die is only the beginning.

The Station books are part of a YA/NA Fantasy series that follow teenage anti-heroine, Piper Willow, after she dies and wakes up in the afterlife at a place called the Station, and is offered redemption – in the form of a job.

After Piper dies, she gets
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 179 pages
Published January 2016 by Trish Marie Dawson (first published August 3rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dying to Forget, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dying to Forget

Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk

This was a quick read about a girl who committed suicide, and then ended up with a new job – trying to stop other people from committing suicide. Sounds weird, and it was a bit, because other than the person’s own morals, there is nothing to stop them from convincing someone else to commit suicide!
Anyway, this was an interesting story, and I’d forgotten the cliff-hanger! Will be interesting to see what happens in book 2!

6.5 out of 10
Mar 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
Read for the 2017 POPSUGAR Challenge prompt 'An Audiobook'

SPOILERS

29/3 - This was not a good book, so I'm pleased that I didn't pay for it (as a Kindle first, then the Audible audiobook edition in order to make it fit for the challenge).

I had so many problems with this book. First, Piper is dreadfully judgemental of all the females in the book. In her eyes they're fake-breasted bimbos (even her BFF (view spoiler)), except
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You ever finish one of those books and as soon as you read that very last word you are curing the author? Like Damn you Damn you for leaving me hanging like this!!! You know, a "Whoa is me" moment? Yep, that was what happened to me as soon as I finished this outstanding book! While I did grab it while it was free on Amazon, I would gladly have paid the $2.99 or even more. So anyways, back to cursing of the author. Well this time, I jumped the gun because surprise surprise book two is available! ...more
Jessica
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!! I felt incredibly sorry for her at first, thinking when is she ever going to catch a break?!?! The fact that she thought suicide was her only option, is sad, as I've dealt with a suicide in my family. It's hard to think they are that desolate.

BUT.... she finds something that she's actually good at! She becomes a volunteer at the Station. She's not sure where it is or how the people that are there have gotten there, but she thrives at what she chooses to do! She becomes the vo
Lisa
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Having recently read I Hope You Find Me I went on Amazon immediately and got this book for my kindle. I was hugely impressed with Trish Dawson's writing, and was really looking forward to starting this series.
At first I wasn't sure if I would like this book. Suicide is a very courageous subject matter to base a book on, and I just wasn't sure it would be for me. However, I'm glad I continued as it was well worth the sadness I felt reading the first few chapters.
When Piper takes her own life, s
Sarah (A Weebish Book Blog)
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA fantasy fans looking for something different
This review was updated on A Weebish Book Blog as part of my TBT Review feature. Review publishes on 12/07/2017.

DYING TO FORGET is a freebie I picked up on a whim while perusing BookBub. I’m so thankful it caught my eye, because it was just as spectacular and mysterious as the synopsis made it sound.

Oh, the life you can live in someone’s else’s mind…

When Piper’s first date goes horribly awry, she looses herself in reckless behavior which winds up leading her to haunting decisions with life alter
Suzuk1girl
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read the book under a few hours. I thought it was cute the ending, major cliffhanger.

I like the book because it takes a negative thing such as suicide and makes something positive out of it.

It was moving and heart warming.

Looking forward to the next book in the series. I wonder which direction it will go next.
Hannah
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Suicide Readers
I promise to be brutally honest with my opinion, but it should not be taken as fact. Any reader should read it for themselves, before they decide if this book has any merit or not. Do not judge this book biased solely on my opinion. If you do, you might miss out on a great read. You never know. It could happen. My review may contain spoilers, but I really strive to be spoiler-free.

1. Strong Main Character/ Female Heroine: Piper is lost soul of a girl, who has been through a lot of trauma. She
Bluereadergal H
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story was quick for me but I enjoyed it a great deal. This lovely gem covered some major issues that teens go through but the main issue that pops up is suicide. This is a tough subject to cover but the author handles it with great care. I did think how or what could drive someone to consider suicide while reading this story but I was mostly focused on the main character Piper and her journey.

Piper is the main character who is quite an a regular teen but with issues. The things she goes thr
K.S. Haigwood
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly one of the best novels I've read in a long time. I can't say enough about this book, but spoilers are not my thing, so I will just say as much as I can without over doing it. Don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I do want to encourage you to read it.

I can only imagine how many people think about commiting suicide in this cruel world every day. Whether it's work, family, lifestyle or something tragic that has happened that one believes they can't possibly go on living with anymore, 'The S
Susan Griscom
What a wonderful surprise!

Five ♥♥♥♥♥ to Trish Marie Dawson

I loved this story. It caught me totally by surprise. I thought it would be about angels or similar to "It's a Wonderful Life" or something, but I was pleasantly surprised to find something completely different. This is not your usual young adult type of book. There is much, much more to this one. I highly recommend this book to anyone, not just young adults. I am on to the next book as I write this and so far, I don't think I'm going to
Jillian
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so different from the stories that I usually read. I didn't expect the real and hard problems that were brought up and how enjoyable Trish Marie Dawson was going to make it. Honestly, I try to avoid books with the heavy issues that this story bears but the plot took a turn for the best and tried to make something good out of a bad situation. Despite the difficult issues that were brought to light I enjoyed Piper's attempt to help the world and especially Sloan. The way things left ...more
Aurora
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ch, terminados, p
Desde que leí la sinopsis me atrapo... el concepto del libro es novedoso y bastante interesante, es entretenido y muy fácil de leer.
Y ese final... ese final! Quiero el segundo libro en mi posesión con locura.
Tracey Cheesman
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a little hesitant about reading this book because it is about suicide, but I am glad I took a chance on it. it was beautiful and haunting and sad all at once. I *have* to read the next one now. There are a few errors here and there but overall it was an extraordinary read.
Genevieve
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I actually really enjoyed this book. It was definitely original and fast paced. The storyline was emotional and the way the author described the characters and their characteristics made them very realistic to me. I certainly grew attached to each of their stories and the ending makes me eager to read the next one!
Roxanne Crouse
Oct 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dying To Forget (The Station) by Trish Marie Dawson is a young adult urban fantasy novelette about a girl named Piper who experiences three tragedies she can’t deal with and unfortunately commits suicide. She ends up at the station, a place in-between living and heaven where people who commit suicide must make a choice. Below is the book description from Amazon.

Piper Willow dies the summer after her high school graduation but she doesn’t make it to Heaven or Hell…instead she finds herself in a s
Sara Elizabeth Huffman

I wasn’t quite sure how I’d like this novel. I got it for free off of Amazon during a promotion of sorts, I suppose. It’s by an indie author and is the first in The Station series. I must say the plot and overall idea of this novel is quite original and fascinating. Piper Willow, the main character whose point of view the story is told from, suffers great losses. Her innocence is stolen from her by the school jock and her best friend dies in an accident that Piper feels was her fault. Due to the
Christine Steendam
Dying to Forget is a YA novel that deals with a really tough subject. Suicide. It’s a terrible and sad thing and it’s real. So many young people suffer from feeling all alone and see no other way out. It’s a dangerous subject to broach, I think, but Trish does it well. She never glorifies it, she makes your heart ache for the character and what she’s going through, and when she makes her decision it is heart wrenching.

But that is only one small part of the story. After death those that commit su
Julia
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I cannot express how much I enjoyed this story. An emotional roller coaster doesn't describe it nearly enough but it's the only way I know how to describe it in short. The characters are well written, the story easy to follow, images play out in my mind as I read this story. I love it when an author can write in a way that allows me to visualize the story playing out before me. The author did wonderfully and had me feeling emotions as the characters went through emotional situations.

The take on
Jeff Dawson
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Next stop....Heaven??

Definitely a teenage female story. That isn't a knock, but a compliment. I've read a few YA books of late to test the waters and pass on suggestions to a couple of teenage girls I know. I will be giving it thumbs-up recommendation.

The story line is interesting. What happens to a teenage girl when she decides life is not worth living and finds herself in kinda of a half-way-house to heaven or hell.

The station isn't for everyone, only those who have decided to end their lives
Liz Cabrejos
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As far away as possible from what I normally read, yet couldn't put it down. I will start out by saying even I was quite depressed and sad by chapter 3 and contemplated not finishing the book. However, being the dedicated reader I am, I refuse to put it down until I see the words "the end". This book touched on a very sensitive subject, suicide. It made you sad for all of the people out there, young or old, who become so lost, so sad, they take their own life. The great twist in this book was th ...more
Nicole Pope
Simply wonderful! The story is unique and well conceived. The character development is spot on...the book is a study of characters and Trish brings them to life. The story is well written and consistent, technically and in content. I read I Hope You Find Me and LOVED it. This novel is just as good. It is a completely different genre and it impresses me how diverse her talent is. Trish handles some very sensitive subjects with grace and respect. That is not always easy to do. I am not speaking on ...more
Teracia
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was AMAZING! The story flows. You will feel the complete gambit of emotion and makes you reconsider the people in your life. As a person who attempted suicide as a teen I can tell you that the emotions are raw and spot on. This book actually leaves the reader knowing there are other ways to deal with that major stress or drama. There is always an alternative. There is nothing worth the damage that a suicide does to the people who know.By taking your own life you indeed add mo ...more
Janie
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book by the author in return for an honest review.
WOW! What a fantastically refreshing story.
An incredible outlook as to what happens when we take our own lives.
In her darkest moment Piper succeeds, an wakes up at the station, a chance for her suicide not to have been in vain.
I felt like I was right there with Piper the entire time especially when she goes to be with her first charge only to be called back before she can finish her job. But the ending was just a shocker I couldn
Lariza
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge
Very interesting book with a different take on death and suicide. I enjoyed reading it. Piper's life was not easy and the choices she made deeply affected her. The station is a very mysterious place and she slowy learns her purpose there. I understood her reluctance and fear being in such a place- it was hard to take in especially the reason everyone was there and the fact that children were there also. I liked the way Piper was with her assignments in that she gave them hope regardless of how h ...more
Tara
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My jaw literally hit my chest with this ending!

Trish wove such an alluring story that I completely lost track of time. Another slightly controversial read as its centered around suicide. But the underlying tone of the story is so hopeful and the MC is nothing short of amazing. Her outlook on her situation is one that if in her shoes, I would hope I'd be able to be as strong and positive as she is.

Read this! You'll love it
Hayley Mcquillan
Loved this book!! Got it because it was free on kindle and sounded interesting and I was not disappointed! The idea behind this story is something really original and I couldn't put it down. When I ended I was extremely pleased to own a kindle and be able to buy the next one straight away! The second one is just as brilliant and I was devastated to find out the third hasn't been published yet. I will be buying it as soon as its relished!
Vicki Scullion
Jan 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This YA novel was interesting and unique. Tastefully presented, Piper's suicide and its consequences to her are imaginative and thought-provoking. The idea that even those people who believe they have nothing left to live for can be helped to see their worth is a powerful message. I can't wait to read the next book in this series! (A minor complaint from an English teacher: please only use apostrophes when a word is possessive. Using apostrophes to make plurals confuses your reader.)
Karli Rush
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is written well and the story seems to understand the trials and tribulations of the young teen world. The lives of the characters in the story are not perfect and a series of events brings the protagonist into an unsuspecting twist to her world. The story moves well, does not drag down and keeps new things coming.
Lindsay
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fantasy
  • At First Touch
  • Wraith (Wraith, #1)
  • Daisy Madigan's Paradise (Morgan Sisters, #1.5)
  • Gravity (Gravity, #1)
  • Just Breathe (Just Breathe Trilogy #1)
  • Breathless (The Blue Fire Saga, #1)
  • The Afterlife Series Box Set
  • Dangerous (Element Preservers, #1)
  • Arcadia's Gift (Arcadia Series #1)
  • The Beast Within (The Elite, #1)
  • Heaven High (East Lake Series #1)
  • Predator Girl
  • Shattered Grace (Fallen from Grace, #1)
  • Talented (Talented Saga, #1)
  • Into the Vampire City (The Human Revolt, #1)
  • Damage Done
  • Beautiful Downfall
  • Running Wide Open (Full Throttle, #1)

The Station (4 books)
  • Dying to Remember (The Station, #2)
  • Dying to Return (The Station #3)
  • Dying to Know (The Station #4)

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Three Times Lucky
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Small Rain: A Novel
    $17.99 $1.99
“For girls, chocolate fixes almost everything.” 2 likes
“Sometimes things go wrong. You need to accept that. You need to know that you will be okay. You're amazing. You can have an amazing life if you choose to live it.” 2 likes