Start by marking “The Goodbye Girl (Red Market, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Goodbye Girl (Red Market, #2)

The Goodbye Girl

(Red Market #2)

The Red Market is where every pound of flesh has a price tag tacked onto it. It is a place where money can buy you everything, even a heart.

Caesar has fallen and a new boss, Mateo, has risen; but he has lost his Lettie Doll and he doesn't know where to find her. She stole his soul and now he must find someone to replace her. Just like her love, his new power is an illusion
Published April 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Goodbye Girl, please sign up.
Fousilly I messaged the author and was told it will be released in digital on April 18th.

Jennifer Kyle
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 SICK Stars

description

This story is graphic, disturbing and nauseating but on the other hand if you can stomach this conclusion, it’s all very well done. However, I must stress that this was a very unpleasant experience for me. These two authors stretched my boundaries of dark reads and though I kept reading to see how this final book of the series ends, I’m still shaking off residual shutters.

”The Red Market isn’t for those with soft hearts or good souls.”

The story is told in several POVS some I can’t
Brandi

I'm a chicken shit. I've tried and I just can't do it. Don't get me wrong - the writing is terrific, and the story is very unique - but the level of depravity found between the pages of this story is too much for me.

description

*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*
'Q' aka CoCo
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
After reading some of the reviews and hearing them mention Caesar, I was intrigued. If you've read book 1, you'll know why... I had to find out how the author pulled that off.

Goodbye Girl is just as dark as the first book the Red Market series, incorporating pretty much every taboo I can think of. It's a gritty (and sometimes nasty) read, but it's also littered with plot holes.

I skimmed The Goodbye Man just to remind myself of everything right before I read this. Some of the details are lost f
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
Make sure you read The Goodbye Man before you read this book as its a continuation of the story and what a story it is.

I'm not going to say much about the storyline in case you haven't read book one. What I will say is I tried to read this in the sunshine yesterday and ended up reading something else instead. I then remembered I did the same with book one. These are in no way a sunshine kinda book. It's so dark you will be wondering what your reading and why your reading it. Having said that I
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
5 Million Stars!

Bold & Captivating! A story that hasn't been told.

Read the warnings. Extreme taboo situations that could make you very uncomfortable.

I'm not going to write a long review, there's too big of a chance I could spoil for you. If you've read The Goodbye Man, then you know these authors don't hold back, they have no lines, there isn't a cage that could hold their words back. The Goodbye Girl will make you question everything you ever thought to be wrong. Is Love defined by societ
*~* Susie
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5/17/19
I’m emotionally drained from reading these two books again. Such a dark twisted story.

I'm giving this one 4.5 stars, only because there were parts that were hard to follow. Characters would be in one place, and then suddenly somewhere else. I had to go back and reread in places.

Anyway, I loved the way Lettie finally got to kick some ass this time. She just keeps going in the face of all that evil. I love Caesar, no matter what!!! Call it whatever you want, I still rooted for them to be
Melissa Mendoza
Blurb:

Meredith
May 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: horror, dnf
I can't deal with the writing style. The first person POVs are not done well. I find Mateo hilarious. He's an emotionally-stunted necrophiliac. I was laughing at the very first line in this book, when Mateo said: (view spoiler) lol at the 4 e's in me. It makes him seem like a 4 year old having a temper-tantrum.

Before reading this series I had never even thought of necrophilia in fiction. It's one of those topics that is so disgusting I don't even think
KRYM
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shiiiiiiiiittt!!! Literally!! xD

Guess this book was the first one that came close to finding my hard limits in reading :o
I'll keep looking ...
Kim Sutton
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an epic conclusion to a very very dark duet! Like Book one this is not for the faint of heart, but if you crave dark reads this duet is for you!
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Love is love - unbiased by caste, class, colour, race, country, gender.........and relationship !!!!!!,
When there is no one to tell you something is wrong you can finally see just how right it is !!
The book makes you question your morality as a reader and as a human being.
Who judges what is wrong and what is right ?
except the Creator himself.
BUT God doesn't exist in Mateo and Svetlana's world, or everything would be perfectly normal . Mateo would meet a pretty girl and marry her.
svetlana would
Sal
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! I loved the first book in this series so much and if I’m honest I’m horrified it took me so long to read this second book but I am so glad I finally have. This book was so much more than the first. My heart was in my throat in places and I smiled possibly more than I should have considering what the book is about. Caesar I love a whole heap, Lettie I adore so much and Hugo was a surprise I really wasn’t expecting. There is so much beauty hidden beneath the blackness of this serie ...more
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog and Reviews
Sick and Twisted. Just the way I like it

First off, this is a Dark read. It has disturbing situations and is not for everyone. On the other hand if you love Dark and Disturbing then sit down, buckle up and hang on for its about to get gruesome.

The Goodbye Girl is the second book in the Red Market Series so if you have not read The Goodbye Man then download it and read it first.
I have spent a day mulling over this review and there is not much to say without giving spoilers and that is something I
Alexa Ayana
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC received from authors for exchange with my honest review.

First make sure you've read the warning from the author before deciding to read this book. Twice!!! Even It has been seven months from the first book and I still couldn't move on from nightmares and tension created by Mary and Ashleigh. So, what will you get from this second book that will surely challenge your limits?

- Multiple POV. This book will give you much more than the first book. The shifting between POV was smooth, continuous
Lynne
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book left me feeling soiled and grubby and not in a fun way – and yet, and yet? I couldn’t put it down and bought the sequel before I had even finished the first book.
It is DARK. More than Dark, this book is twisted and warped and you definitely need to read the disclaimers before you read.

Following on from the first book The Goodbye Man, The Goodbye Girl continues to be focused on Svetlana although it is still told from multiple points of view. Like the first, this book draws you in, maki
Shweta Choudhary
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have no idea what to say except to say- THIS IS THE BEST DARK BOOK ever ! Both authors have managed to push my thinking, my boundaries to a very different level, to a new thinking. I was introduced to lots f stuffs I haven't read before. I was scared of how will I like it but I did like it. My heart went out for Svetlana who have faced so much yet her spirit, her love to life makes her fight. I really liked her. I related to her. After so much hardships, I knew it will not be easy to have a ea ...more
MichelleLuc
Very Dark

I'm not sure what I just read but this book went from a dark read to a gross read. I love dark books and was interested in this very different story but this was just gross. I'm irritated because the writers are good but the story really just became so ridiculous that skimmed most of the 2 book. I had to know how it ended and wish I had stopped at the 1st chapter in the 1st book.
Apr 29, 2016 rated it liked it
I loved the Goodbye Man, however this was too much over the top. The writing was superb, however just how much can a girl go through? The resurrection? I don't buy that, the introduction of the evil mother? I felt this was too much. Lost its magnificence
Michelle
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beta Read ~ Full Review to come
Mamacita wants a Bedtime Story
I HAVE NO WORDS...
Kylie
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as dark.

The Goodbye Girl is getting four stars because there were many errors that shouldn’t have made it beyond the editing stage.
That being said, TGBG is not as dark and twisty as The Goodbye Man, Which is slightly disappointing but the book is still wonderful.
This is again, a very dark and twisted world and not recommended for probably most of the population. But if you’re into the ultra dark and twisty, this is a good duet to embark on.
Jacky Beggs
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite possibly two of the darkest, strangest, cringeworthy, hard to read books I have ever read but I loved them! Sometimes you need to go to the dark side and the goodbye man and the goodbye girl will certainly drag you over to it! Brilliant
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Title: The Goodbye Girl (Red Market #2)
Author: Mary E. Palmerin & A. Giannoccaro
Category: Dark
POV: Multiple POVs
Characters: 5
Plot: 5
HEA: Kidding, right? Not telling.

This series seriously messed with my head! The myriad of emotions had me biting my nails till they hurt. I have never read such a unique book before.
I will tell you now, that this book is NOT for the faint hearted. It is torture, it is raw pain, but I think if you stick
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Goodbye Girl (Red Market #2) by Mary E Palmerin & A Giannoccaro
4 stars!!!

“Torture. Pain. Insanity. They all meet again, and the lamb eats herself, birthing a wolf set to kill.”

Never has a series tested every boundary I never knew I had…until this duet. This book has everything you read about in newspapers but never truly believed existed. It is far from glamourous, far from normal and totally depraved, disgusting and horrific, but I have to admit became an addictive read that I could
Lorrie
This book was so draining! Caesar, Mateo, and Svetlana went through SO much! I don't even know what to think...this was more effed up than book 1. Caesar's mother? What a piece of work. I found myself drawn to Hugo; I can't say he was a good guy but he was the best of the bad guys.
Janneke Wolbers
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First.. This is not for the faint of heart... Listen to the warnings..
With that said! I really enjoyed this! And i cant wait to read more by these authors!!
Misha
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enthralling. A hard read. So many unconventional and uncomfortable subjects. Liked the characters - their flaws. Sad that some couldn’t be saved. A bit appalled but fascinated at the same time. Kept waiting for Mateo to come around but in the end I think all the pieces fit together-such as it was.
Tina tinkerbel Hart
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
well book 1 had my brain all muddled and now ive just sizzled it a whole lot more with book 2, 10/10
don't read if you're squeamish and dont want to have your head totally fecked up.
buzy_reading
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
The Goodbye Girl started where The Goodbye Man ended with Caesar gone, Mateo and Hugo in Mexico City, and Svetlana kidnapped. Mateo continued to find refuge in his cold lifeless dolls. Mateo and Hugo worked together in the red market harvesting organs in Mexico City. The red market was a macabre underground world where organs were harvested from living bodies.

The Goodbye Girl was a dark psychological game of mutilation that empowered your mind with dysfunctional monsters who had unhealthy sexua
Melanie
As much as I loved The Goodbye Man in all its twisted glory I felt a bit let down by The Goodbye Girl. I felt that the authors just grabbed every deviant taboo and pushed them to their limit leaving it a little dull and try hard. In spite of these feelings, I thought that the book was incredibly well written and did keep me turning the pages.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Broken (Voyeur Book 3)
  • Snuff (Snuff #1)
  • The Darkest Descension (Breaking Insanity, #3)
  • Redeeming Rhys
  • Absolution
  • The Salvation of Daniel (Blue Butterfly #2)
  • Rose De Muerte
  • Blue Hill Blood
  • With Ties That Bind (With Ties That Bind: Broken Bonds #1)
  • Wake to Dream
  • Inferno  (Inferno, #1)
  • Desolate (Empathy, #2)
  • Micaden's Madness

Red Market (2 books)
  • The Goodbye Man (Red Market, #1)