Start by marking “Sol Limitis” as Want to Read:
Sol Limitis

Read Book

Sol Limitis

367 AD - A battle-hardened soldier is sent to the frozen north of Britannia on a personal mission from the Emperor. Conducting a desperate investigation from a hostile garrison on the crumbling frontier of Hadrian’s Wall, Atellus must struggle to survive in a wild and lawless land torn apart by the death throes of an over-stretched empire.

Set in Roman Britain in 367 AD – a
Published February 8th 2016 by Ramora Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sol Limitis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sol Limitis

Start your review of Sol Limitis
Jonathan Janssen
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Detailed, brutal, and authentic fictional account of a historical (non-fictional) event. “The Great Conspiracy” Roman Britain in the mid 4th century was the far distant edge of the civilized world, before the Angles and Saxons came en mass, before the Legions were pulled out of the island province and Western Roman Empire crumbled under its own weight, the signs of decay were apparent all throughout Briton.
You can tell the author is a historian and archaeologist from the little things that stic
Sally Rennick
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sol Limitis is not the sort of book that I would normally pick up and read. I’m all for historical fiction but this is definitely what I would categorise as a ‘boy book’, full of action and violence, soldiers and battles, gory, graphic descriptions of scenarios you would certainly never wish to find yourself in. But I thought I would give it a go. And I was most pleasantly surprised.

This is not to say that this novel does not encompass all of the aspects I have just bemoaned above – don’t be put
Jack Scanlon
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Sol Limitis is one of those rare novels that engrosses you while reading and still lingers long after turning the final page. Is it an easy read? Absolutely not. It’s tough and brutal and relentless so that by the end you feel as exhausted as the main characters. But is it worth it? Absolutely.
So Limitis is set in late roman Britain at a time when the country is ravaged by lawlessness and most semblance of roman rule is long since departed. Most of the novel takes place on the frontier (th
Gordon Long
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it
There is a series airing on PBS right now called “Filthy Cities of the World.” After watching a couple of installments and coming away with nothing but a few interesting historical facts and a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach, I stopped watching. But there are some people who enjoy this sort of thing, and Sol Limitis is for them.

This novel is historical fiction. The hero, Atellus, is probably based on the representative the Emperor Valentinian sent to Britain to investigate the Great Cons
Lee Hall
Rachel
Jan 24, 2017
Gemseeker
Sep 29, 2019
James Collins is an author, editor, freelance journalist and recovering archaeologist. Born in Stoke on Trent in 1979, he studied archaeology at the University of Nottingham and went on to work as an archaeologist in the UK and abroad. Tired of wallowing in muddy holes for a living, he survived various unsavoury menial jobs before catching his breath in the construction and renewables industries f ...more

News & Interviews