Start by marking “Storm #1” as Want to Read:
Storm #1

Storm #1

(Storm (2014) #1)

On a mission to foster goodwill and safeguard the mutant race's continued existence in her own way, Storm will travel the globe, confronting man and mutant, god and monster and everything inbetween.
Published July 23rd 2014 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Storm #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm #1

Crystal Starr Light
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Bullet Review:

Color me impressed. I've read no X-men comics at all, but hearing about another prominent female superhero getting her own series made me break down and buy. And this was really good! Good, solid beginning story, didn't lose a n00b like me. But mostly, I LOVED the art, especially the way Storm was drawn - if they ever think to reboot X-Men, the only person they can hire would be Lupita Nyong'o!
Amanda Leon
If you like my reviews, check out my beauty and book blog, ReadsByAmanda.com! Thanks for reading! :)

I'm a huge X-Men fan and I was pretty hyped to read the latest solo spinoff. If I'm not mistaken, this is Storm's first headlining series.

As with any iconic character, such as Storm, you can either expand the character and add symbolic levels to her or completely screw it up. It's really important to keep a balance of entertaining and pleasing new fans who maybe have only seen the movies and long
Simone Hagemann
Nov 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Jeg var ikke vildt begejstret for denne, men jeg hadede den heller ikke, og kunne godt tænke mig at læse lidt videre i serien.

Historien var ret god, og havde en virkelig fin morale. Desuden kunne jeg rigtig godt lide Storm som person - hun virkede meget retfærdig og sød.

Jeg var dog ikke super begejstret for tegnestilen, og det er helt sikkert det, der trækker oplevelsen lidt ned for mig. Jeg har svært ved at forklare hvorfor, men på en eller anden måde virkede den bare lidt for kedelig til min s
April
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've been waiting in my reclusive, dusty-ass tomb for the great Goddess to finally get her own solo series--and here be it!
Sporting a neat story, Storm is beautifully designed and handled excellently within Greg Pak's pages. Her past is explored wonderfully, and the sorrow seeing her fighting the Mutation intolerance in her home country was devastating to read, yet essential towards her character, which I loved. I've been collecting issues #1+, and I can't wait to see more of the Amazon Goddess
Callie Rose Tyler
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, marvel
Look at that bad ass cover, I can assure you that the contents live up to the expectations.

This issue is really well done and I love the characterization, tone, and art style. Looks like they are taking this character in the right direction with a spotlight that is well deserved.

Brent
Aug 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Marvel Comics, the X-Men, and these fine creators
Recommended to Brent by: these fine creators and The Book Nook
Here, in yet another solo X-Men spinoff series, the focus upon Storm promises to further develop this already great super heroine. Created by Len Wein and the late, great Dave Cockrum in 1975 - a credit I miss here - Storm is always fascinating and larger than life. I have, in middle age, never seen the great Halle berry play her in the films, but I have appreciated the great work writer Chris Claremont, in particular, spent developing her these past almost 40 years.
Greg Pak is blessed with a gr
Sharanja
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Storm was always my favorite X-Men. What's not to love about her? Not only is she an extremely powerful Omega-level mutant, but she's the queen of Wakanda as well. She's also one of the few and longest running minority characters in the history of comics, who now has a series of her own.

I jumped on this series as soon as I heard about it. And it doesn't disappoint. Both the writing and art are solid. Now I won't go as far to say that it's spectacular, because there is something lacking about h
Ronnie
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
No se ni siquiera por dónde empezar a decir lo genial que ha sido esto. Storm esta en el grupo de mis mutantes favoritos desde que tengo uso de razón y todo se debe no solo a su poder sino a ella misma.

Esta historia ha empezado de una forma bastante interesante; Ororo siendo ella misma y haciendo lo que debe hacer porque quiere hacerlo. El arte es bastante bueno y la portada es maravillosa. Me gusta el ritmo que esta llevando la trama porque se ve que va a ser una historia con el nombre de Stor
Hillary Bennett
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm relatively new to the Marvel universe, so my knowledge of Storm's character was based primarily on the X-Men movies until I randomly picked up issue #1 of this series. That wonderful random happenstance is the best thing that could have happened to my comic book world.
Storm is a wonderfully complex hero, layered and flawed and utterly endearing. The art is perfect and the story is a great balance of action, humor, and heart. Great start to what looks to be a fantastic series!

Patricia
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
So I really wanted to give this comic 5 stars simply because I love Storm. However, this story is just way to short for me and I was hoping to learn something about her beginnings. This is the first Marvel comic book that I've ever read so I was just expecting more. I'm going to look at some more comics about this character and maybe I'll find a better one. The art in this one is nice. I love her look.
Rlaamjr.
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm giving the issue a perfect score. The introduction was beyond perfect. I actually cried the first time I saw the first few pages because it reminded me of typhoon Haiyan which destroyed our city. If only Storm was real, she could have stopped natural disasters and saved a lot of people's lives.

I also like the part where Storm as the headmistress has to deal with a student who has a different opinion about the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Loving the issue a lot.

A.J. Raven
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is what I'm talking about. It's about time Marvel gave one of the most famous comic book characters her own solo series! I've been a fan of Storm since as far as I can remember. I got to know about her through the 90's animated cartoon series and from there Ororo has been the Queen of my heart. She's truly an awesome fictional character.
Anie
I really enjoyed this as a first introduction to Storm. I'm not particularly well-versed in the X-Men, but I liked this Storm a lot: headstrong, thoughtful, but also a bit reckless; very Gryffindor. I'm looking forward to exploring this series as it develops.
James
Dec 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-graphicn
Its neat seeing a solo story with Ororo, though, as usual with comics, pretty short. It was interesting getting to know her a little better so I may check out more...
Von
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I absolutely LOVE her look and the artwork is great! I'm excited that she FINALLY got her own series!
Tony
Oct 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
An admirable start to a series focusing on Storm. I agree with another reviewer in saying it was almost political,just enough to let you know what where her moral center is.
Rainey
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Excellent, over the top, and just the right amount of political. Pick up this series if you want to see Storm looking like the badass that she is.
Tani
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, comics, male-author
After a string of lackluster one-shots, this one was really good. I liked the depth that the story gave to Storm, and the emotion.
Leonela
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What a powerful and beautiful first issue. I really liked the drawing style! Storm looks more fierce and kickass than ever and the story doesn't dissapoint either. Also, so much diversity!
Diana Simpson
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Excellent read! Marvel did their job, they got me wanting to read number 2. Highly recommend.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I love Storm and what an awesome first issue.
Hector
Jul 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Buen punto de partida, autoconclusivo, pero no mucho que celebrar.
A.B.
Nov 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
A lovely re-introduction to a character I've become overly familiar with. I am still waiting for the day we can be rid of the ever-present boob window, though.
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really, really liked this one.
Mariana
Not too much happened so far. Looking forward to reading the next one though!
AniPendragon
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, ebook, favorites
Absolutely incredible start to the series. Hope to see it continue on for quite some time.
Ayanna
  • Captain Marvel (2014-2015) #2
  • Thor (2014-2015) #1
  • Black Widow #8
  • Saga #21
Greg Pak is an award-winning Korean American comic book writer and filmmaker currently writing "Mech Cadet Yu" for BOOM and “Totally Awesome Hulk" and "Weapon X" for Marvel Comics. Pak wrote the "Princess Who Saved Herself" children's book and the “Code Monkey Save World” graphic novel based on the songs of Jonathan Coulton and co-wrote (with Fred Van Lente) the acclaimed “Make Comics Like the Pro ...more

Storm (2014) (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Storm #2