Start by marking “Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters, #5)” as Want to Read:
Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters, #5)

Safe Harbor

(Drake Sisters #5)

One of seven daughters in a line of extraordinary women, Hannah Drake has been the elusive object of affection for Jonas Harrington for as long as the rugged sheriff can remember. If only the stunning supermodel was driven by a passion other than her career. But Jonas isn t the only one with desires for Hannah.

From the shadows has emerged a vengeful figure who stalks the b
Mass Market Paperback, 350 pages
Published June 26th 2007 by Jove (first published June 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Safe Harbor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safe Harbor

Start your review of Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters, #5)
Azet
" Spend your life with me, Hannah. Grow old with me. We can sit on the porch in our rockers and I swear, baby, at the end of it all, you'll know no one could have loved you more or better. I can give that to you. I swear I can, baby. Love me back, Hannah." -Jonas

***

Seriously,i live my life for books like ”Safe Harbor”, the 5:th instalment in the ”Drake Sisters”-series.It`s a enchanting,stimulating and seductive read about the soulmates we all longed for to end up together.In the former books we
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More)
Feb 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance fans, fans of books with family
Recommended to Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) by: Hms
I was torn on the rating for this book, because it was a little dry in some points, but it really won me over by the end of the book. I loved the connection between Hannah and Jonas. They truly are soulmates. Their lives are enriched by each other and strengthened by the bond that they share.

Both Hannah and Jonas suffered horribly, and yet still believed in their love for each other. In the end, this made the book a winner for me.

I really appreciated the intense bond of sisterhood that the Dra
Susan
Safe Harbor is book 5 in Christine Feehan's Drake Sisters series. The story revolves around beautiful Hannah Drake and Jonas Harrington.

Hannah Drake is an internationally known supermodel. Born the fifth daughter in the magical Drake family, Hannah can command the winds and is a very powerful spell-caster. Despite being forced into the limelight by her impressive career, Hannah has been harboring an enormous secret her whole life long: she is painfully shy can have crippling panic attacks. It is
Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon
I loved the first 3 books in this series, enjoyed book 4 but with this book, book 5, it took me three tries to finish it. Overall I enjoyed it but I felt like i really had to push through the first half. I think its partly because of the pairing. It was obviously from book 1 that Hannah and Jonas are going together so this came as no surprise so think it was partly that i found some of the journey there during the book a little tedious. That being said as it progresses and we get to know Hannah, ...more
Kathleen
Dec 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*********
Paranormal romantic suspense with some disturbingly violent knifing scenes.
********
4.5 stars! Gripping, suspenseful, bittersweet and beautiful. I had almost given up on The Drake Sisters series, but since Freehan is such a popular author I decided to try one more book (I felt books 1 and 2 were enjoyable and sweet, but nothing special).

Based on this book, I can see why Feehan is beloved.

Hannah was violently knifed, and Jonas showed that he loved her regardless of her scars. That's basi
Andrea
May 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Mojca
Hannah Drake’s been in love with Jonas Harrington since...forever. But since the tall, dark and handsome sheriff can’t seem to lay off the insults and his overbearing attitude, she prefers to keep her mouth shut and continue loving him from afar.

Jonas Harrington’s been a part of the Drake family since he was little. And that’s how long he’s known Hannah Drake was the one. But first her elusiveness and then his dangerous lifestyle kept him away...Until now.
After barely escaping the Grim Reaper fo
Jessica
Aug 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
This was even harder to get through than the last book and I despised it. I had to put it down several times to get through it completely. A lot of things bothered me with this and I don't want to overthink it, as these books seem to just drain me of energy and wasted time. Instead, I'm going to do something I normally don't do with reviews and simply list my annoyances with the book straight up without going into full on detail on why it irritated me.

The attack on Hannah was weird to read and u
Paranormal Romance
The hero has been in love with his childhood friend for his entire life. Not just any love but a desperate all consuming love that he's hidden from her. He doesn't believe he's good enough for her and his habit of putting himself in dangerous situations deters him from bringing her into his world. But when he almost dies one night-he finally sees that the tsunami of emotions is held back by a crumbling wall and suddenly everything he's been containing for all these years comes pouring out. But j ...more
Monique
Jul 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christine-feehan
This by far has been my favorite book by: Christine Feehan in the series so far...I mean I still have like five more books to finish, but, for the first time I really felt connected to the character of Hannah and loved Jonas despite his controling nature and cocky banter here and there...I could honestly feel that this man loved Hannah with every single fiber of his being, you know, mind, body, and soul. And that to me is the one of a kind love that I think most of us as humans aspire to have at ...more
In my limited romance reading experience, most romance books are really bad at showing and really good at telling. Especially when it comes to characters. You learn that someone is trusting, not through actions or character development, but because you are told over and over.
There is no worse offender than Safe Harbor. I looked up some appeal terms for this book in NoveList and one of them was 'dramatic'. That is the Understatement of the Year (do you see what I did there?). Another one of the
Chris
Feb 03, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, fantasy
I just don't get all the great reviews about this book. Now, granted, this is the only book in this series I've read. Maybe if you have read all the others, you would be more into it.

I actually read 3 other books while reading this one. I would stop because I was so bored, read another book in a few days, then pick this one up again. Some parts were so bad, I was skimming through the pages and skipping chunks.

The book started pretty action-packed, but once Jonas was back in town, it went down hi
Kathrynn
There was too much bickering between the h/h in this story for my taste. No sexual tension that had been building with the series, either. This book was chalked full of paragraphs that were all one sentence long. WTH?

Extreme amount of repetition which begs me to wonder if anyone even bothered to read through the finished product prior to publication. Very disappointing for This Reader and fan of Christine Feehan.

Where the hell was the mother in this one? Come on: daughter attacked and almost di
Maura
Hannio J
Jan 30, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I demolished this book in a single day.

It was highly enjoyable and I really like the relationship between Jonas and Hannah. Also the foreshadowing of things to come was interesting as well.

Roll on the next book in the series
Jenny Clark
I did like seeing how Hannah gained strength and how Jonas was able to support her. I also like seeing the camaraderie between the sisters and Jonas and Jackson. My main pet peeve is that as the sisters fall in love, they drift away from the next novel. Hannah, Joley and Elle were the only sisters with significant page time. I do also wish the other fiances would come in more. Overall, it was a decent romance, and I could see each book standing on its own, but they also weave together subtly.
Elle
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won't even try to deny my love for this type of relationship. Jonas and Hannah have been fighting from the start. It never quite got to the truly hate each other stage but it definitely supplied me with my favourite trope and I could not wait for this book.

I'll start by saying this was not what I expected. I was expecting a book where they continued to fight and we saw a slow move to something more but it goes a completely different direction which in retrospect makes a lot more sense.

It's on
Aneca
Dec 08, 2007 rated it really liked it
It's been a while since I read the first books in this series, I actually thought I had only read two but once I started the third one I realised I had already read it and jumped for the next one I had (I know I jumped book nº 4 but oh well) and I really enjoyed it.

This is Hannah Drake's story, the supermodel, and the man who has loved her since childhood. Unfortunately they never revealed their feelings to each other because Jonas' feels his profession is too dangerous and he doesn't want to pu
Kandice Dover
May 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is very VERY lucky to get 4 stars. I say this because I have enjoyed this series thus far, but I wanted to throw this book across the room so many fucking times it isn't funny.

Going into this series I was anxious to read Hannah's story. I was so anxious I put Until I Die by Amy Plum down to read this book, and for what, complete and total disappointment. A heatbreak.

The thing I hated was the fact that Hannah was almost killed. Sure every other Drake sister was almost killed in the ot
Deirdre
Nov 20, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: fromlibrary
On the surface this wasn't a bad read. A story about a psychically gifted model (Hannah) who is one of the Drake Sisters, who is in love with Jonas Harrington for a long time but unsure about where their relationship would go. Ends up scarred and chased and unsure of her future. He steps in as her protector and tries to help her.

It's not a bad read on the surface and there are certain shining moments in the story but it shows a lot of what is cliched and bad about romance these days.

She's tiny,
Gina
Apr 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
Part of the 'Drake Sisters' series and another awesome book!

I truly understood Hannah. I understood how she felt, before and after a traumatic event. But she held her own. A strong character, however insecure, she still pushes past it, learning who she is on the inside.

And Jonas... finally the man can admit what he feels! Long time coming, LOL! And it was terrific! You felt the sparks between them all along and it was just a matter of time. And finally they're together!

The action was great! The
Carolyn
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: feehan-christine
This was my favorite book of the series thus far. I loved Hannah and Jonas. I had been waiting for their story and it was great. The scene with Hannah reading the letters from her sisters was the very reason I kept up with this series. The sisters' closeness as a family which brings them together as one makes the series so special. Very good. ...more
Vfc
Emily
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, 2020, romance
I was excited to finally get to Hannah and Jonas’s book because it’s been clear from the beginning of the series that they belong together. I wasn’t sure how much I’d like getting Jonas’s POV because he’s been very bossy and somewhat abrasive in previous books. It was a happy surprise that his POV gave the necessary backstory and look inside his head so I could really root for him. I didn’t need any persuasion to root for Hannah, but it was still eye-opening to get her POV. The sisters may all s ...more
Penny
3.5*

I've being dying to read this book, Hannah and Jonas have the most amazing chemistry but I was not expecting all the mob and violence

19. A book by an author who has more than one book on your TBR

Romanceopoly Magic Row
Cheri
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love love Hannah & Jonas! This series just keeps getting better and better :)
KIM
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a reread for me. I loved the whole Seven Sisters series but this is my favorite to date. I waited eagerly for Hannah and Jonas’ story and C.F. didn’t disappoint. Next up is Joley and Ilya’s story.
Barb Lie
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a big fan of Christine Feehan’s Drake Sisters Series. I really enjoyed reading about each of the 7 sisters, and loved the interaction between them. I was sad to see this series end. However, at least we can get some tidbits about them in Christine’s new Sisters of the Heart series, which also takes place in Sea Haven.

Picking out my favorite of the Drakes wasn’t too difficult, as I had two absolute favorites, so it was just a matter of choosing which of the two I wanted to do. Who do I choo
Dawn
Safe Harbor is the fifth book in the series. The story centers around Hannah and Jonas.

I was really looking forward to this story and the story was good but not great. The good thing was Jonas and Hannah finally figure it out and they go for it. This does not mean they turn sappy and they still get angry with each other and they both have a lot of fear, especially Hannah. This book also seemed centered more on Jonas than Hannah and I liked it, Jonas was full of guilt and turmoil, yet he was need
Jodi
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Is it possible to add? 2 11 Feb 28, 2019 11:04PM
Christine Feehan's Safe Harbor 15 69 Nov 03, 2014 12:04AM

• Guardian's Grace (Dark Protectors, #12)
  • Breaking the Bully
  • The Lost Night (Rainshadow, #1; Ghost Hunters, #9)
  • Her Secret Pleasure (Death Lords MC, #2)
  • His Wild Desire (Death Lords MC, #1)
  • Forbidden Magic (Magic, #1)
  • The Nymph King (Atlantis, #3)
  • Their Private Need (Death Lords MC, #3)
  • Their Fierce Love (Death Lords MC, #4)
  • Wyoming True (Wyoming Men, #10)
  • Immortal Angel (Argeneau, #31)
  • On My Way (Midlife Mulligan #2)
  • Lion Eyes (Shifters Unbound, #7.25)
  • Texture of Intimacy (Psy-Changeling, #10.5)
  • Wild Cat (Shifters Unbound, #3)
  • Flash
  • Wolf Under Fire (STAT #1)
  • Bad Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #7.5)
See top shelves…
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 80 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, the Sisters of the Heart Series, Shadow Riders and Torpedo Ink. All of her series have hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark ...more

Drake Sisters (7 books)
  • Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters, #1)
  • The Twilight Before Christmas (Drake Sisters, #2)
  • Oceans of Fire (Drake Sisters, #3)
  • Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4)
  • Turbulent Sea (Drake Sisters, #6)
  • Hidden Currents (Drake Sisters, #7)