Start by marking “Bubbles Betrothed (Bubbles Yablonsky, #5)” as Want to Read:
Bubbles Betrothed (Bubbles Yablonsky, #5)

Bubbles Betrothed (Bubbles Yablonsky #5)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  1,340 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
Debuting as a full-time reporter, Bubbles lands an interview with a woman accused of murdering a beloved high school principal. When the suspect keels over dead—in mid-revelation—Bubbles’s confidential notes become a life-threatening hot commodity among a romance-obsessed detective, a Polish Mafioso, and a foot fetishist on the lam. If that’s not enough to keep Bubbles on ...more
Published March 7th 2006 by Onyx (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Bubbles Betrothed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bubbles Betrothed

Tiffany
Aug 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chicklit
Oh I loved this storyline, it was inventive and kept you guessing. I really like the way Strohmeyer takes us along to see all the clues, the phone calls etc. I think she's doing with Janet Evanovich can do, but the stories are less linear. I love Bubbles! She is so much fun to read, and just all around cheerful.
Mickey Reed
May 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Bubbles fans, funny mystery fans
Shelves: audio, 2011
Oh Bubbles. Why do you open your big mouth?? Honestly. And a lot of this could have been avoided if they just would have went along with a real engagement. What crazy messes these people get into. And poor, poor Jane. It's so sad when the kids get involved! And DAN. I mean CHIP. What the hell is wrong with him? Goodness. I hope no Thanksgiving in my family ends up like this one, that's for sure. And go Bubbles for sticking to her guns. She is so sarcastic and funny sometimes, but she usually doe ...more
Jenn
Mar 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
These are satisfying mysteries. Bubbles is a bit dim, but with help from her friends and relatives, she does a fair bit of sleuthing and manages to put together things on her own. I like that about this series. A lot of the mystery series with a touch of human and an uncommon "detective" has the main character stumble upon things through no fault of their own. (I'm looking at you Aurora Teagarden.)
Cyndi
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the most exciting Bubbles book so far! Ioved it! Bubbles is my hero!
Lucy
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bubbles books are always a treat....a laugh every time!
Sarah Sammis
Sep 25, 2008 rated it did not like it
Bubbles Betrothed is the fifth of six books in the Bubbles Yablonsky series of books by Sarah Strohmeyer. The book gives the impression of starting right where the last one must have ended. I haven't actually read any of the other books in the series and having wasted my time on this one I have no desire to try any of the others.

The heroine of the book is Bubbles Yablonsky, a former hair dresser turned reporter. She is trying to get the scoop on the murder trial of Jill "Crazy Popeye" Simon. The
Sherri F.
I love me some Bubbles. I like listening to the Audiobooks b/c the voice really is fitting of a Bubbles and it's a good laugh as well as mystery to solve (which I never do) while driving or doing chores around the house.

Of the 6 Bubbles book, this was probably the 2nd or 3rd best, Bubbles found herself in lockup or holding with the alleged killer (Popeye) of the beloved, longtime Principal of Bubbles high school, who tried to explain that she didn't do it as she died in custody. Bubbles who was
Amanda
Aug 28, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: I wouldn't
I think I might have liked this book better if I had read it rather than listened to it. I found myself thinking about other things it just didn't hold my attention that great. Besides that I'm pretty sure that Bubbles gives feminism a pretty good knock back at least two decades. Her 'dumb-blond' act which is probably supposed to be funny just got on my nerves. Yes, the author did try to throw in a little "i don't need a man to be happy" at the end but it didn't help much. I've read here that th ...more
Scott
When we first selected this as one of the books for the libraries' Just Desserts mystery discussion group to read, it was because the Bubbles series has been favorably compared to the extremely popular Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. Not having read any of the Evanovich books, I found Bubbles Betrothed to be a mild, frothy confection of a mystery. The mystery seems fairly simplistic, and is just a framework to showcase Strohmeyer's collection of wacky characters. I think I might have e ...more
Jenn
Dec 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Nortina
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
I thought that this would have been a book that I'd love based on the description and despite the name of the main character. However I found that I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I actually misplaced this book midway through for a few weeks and wasn't bothered at all. I've now finished it (and after I read the book next in the series) and my opinion went up slightly. I started off really disliking everything and left it almost liking it.

The author writes well and there seems to
Sep 27, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: favorite-authors
Bubbles lands herself in a jail cell with a murder suspect who dies mid-interview. The crazy woman was accused of killing the long time high school principal and Bubbles notes may lead to a debt of $50,000. Meanwhile, Stiletto proposes a fake engagement in order to keep a great assignment and Bubbles doesn't want to get too attached. Bubbles finds herself caught in a situation where she is wanted by a Polish mobster, Dan wants to reconcile, and her daughter Jane really wants to go to an Ivy leag ...more
Toni Wulfekuhl
Jan 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Bubbles lands herself in a jail cell with a murder suspect who dies mid-interview. The crazy woman was accused of killing the long time high school principal and Bubbles notes may lead to a debt of $50,000. Meanwhile, Stiletto proposes a fake engagement in order to keep a great assignment and Bubbles doesn't want to get too attached. Bubbles finds herself caught in a situation where she is wanted by a Polish mobster.

Favorite Line .. Polish Mafia .. They make you an offer you can't understand."

Li
Rachel
Sep 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Very tense mystery! I admire how Strohmeyer can give us a completely twisted mystery and unravel it completely and logically. I can sometimes guess at the perp but can never fully see the whole picture like Bubbles does, but not for a lack of clue-hinting. Strohmeyer aptly leads us along with scattered breadcrumbs, and yet I can never fully put the picture (loaf?) together until it clicks for Bubbles. Well done!

I do, however, miss the 'recipes' scattered throughout the book rather than just tack
Mary Newcomb
Bubbles is now a professional reporter. In this book, she manages to get put into a holding tank with an accused murderer (who dies during their interview),then she hears that boyfriend Steve Stiletto is engaged, then things get interesting. I'm sure I'll take the part about college entrance process much better when I don't have an applicant living at my place...

Elle
Nov 22, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, chick-lit, mystery
This was a pretty quick read for me. The murderer wasn't someone I would've guessed. I wasn't thrilled with the engagement storyline....Bubbles deserves better than that. Not sure where the next installment of this series will take Bubbles, but I will read it. I am from the Lehigh Valley and enjoy reading about places that she includes in her stories. Very funny.
Stephanie
Feb 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Robin
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
On her first assignment as a full-time reporter, Bubbles gets an interview with the woman accused of murdering the local high school principal. But when the suspect dies in the middle of the interview, Bubbles finds herself in the middle of another mystery.

This series has great action and humor. I highly recommend. My rating: 4.5 Stars.
Michele
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
somehow, Sarah Strohmeyer manages to portray a total bimbo as likeable...you can't help but cheer for her. She is not the most intellectual person on the planet, she is still stuck in 1987, but you can't help but love her.
Nori
Mar 25, 2010 rated it liked it
I just finished the first five books about Bubbles, a funny hairstylist/reporter and although there is a sixth one, which is supposedly last one in the series - my library does not have it so I will have to find it another way. Anyway, it was light and funny in a "legally blond" way.
Allison
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
LOVED the Bubbles series by Sarah Strohmeyer!! Funny, engaging and so well written, with enough anticipation and surprise to keep the pages turning... the characters drew me in and kept me there. As I finished each book, I couldn't wait to open the next one in the series.
Pat
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nothing could have been more fun to listen to than the Bubbles story I read,with an audio CD. I have been sewing all day and listened to this. It was a happy sewing day and Bubbles is always good for a chuckle!
Aimee
This one pissed me off. Dan/Chip needs to befall an unfortunate accident. Stiletto needs to get this chick to have some damn sense and although I have the last one to hear, I'm not ready to finish up the series.
Babs
Jan 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mysteries
This could be Bubbles big break through in the news business. This was another great book in the series and I am looking forward to the last one to see how it all turns out. Will she go through with her Boyfriends proposal?
Colette
Feb 12, 2012 rated it really liked it

just light silly easy reading fun!!
Tina Viglucci
Sep 12, 2011 rated it liked it
All fun! In audiobook.
Kim
Dec 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As always, a cozy mystery with familiar characters, humor, romance, and mystery.
Susan
Jun 14, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, fiction
I really liked the first two books of this series, but the character quirks get tiresome by the fifth. Bubbles is a hairdresser and a fairly 'dumb' character. Truthfully, I've had my fill of her.
Linda
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved everyone of the Bubbles books.
Stacy Natal
Jan 20, 2012 rated it liked it
It kept me entertained enough to want to read the final one, number six. Love the character of Bubbles and the fact that I never pinpoint the badguy in these mysteries.
  • Ninja Soccer Moms (Samantha Shaw Mystery, #3)
  • Film Strip
  • Nutcase (Crazy, #2)
  • Plum Boxed Set 2 (Stephanie Plum, #4-6)
  • Pushing Up Bluebonnets (A Yellow Rose Mystery, #5)
  • JFK Is Missing! (PI Grace Smith, #2)
  • Dead Ex
  • Some Like it Lethal (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #3)
  • Last Writes (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #2)
  • Designer Knockoff (Crime of Fashion, #2)
  • Madame Mirabou's School of Love
  • Liar, Liar (Cat DeLuca Mysteries, #1)
  • Strawberry Tattoo (Sam Jones, #5)
Sarah Strohmeyer is the award-winning, nationally bestselling author of 17 novels for young adults and adults, including the Bubbles Yablonsky mystery series, SMART GIRLS GET WHAT THEY WANT and THE CINDERELLA PACT, which became the Lifetime Movie, LYING TO BE PERFECT.
Her first mystery, BUBBLES UNBOUND, won the Agatha Award and THE SLEEPING BEAUTY PROPOSAL was nominated for a prestigious RITA™. Her
More about Sarah Strohmeyer...

Bubbles Yablonsky (6 books)
  • Bubbles Unbound (Bubbles Yablonsky, #1)
  • Bubbles In Trouble (Bubbles Yablonsky, #2)
  • Bubbles Ablaze (Bubbles Yablonsky, #3)
  • Bubbles A Broad (Bubbles Yablonsky, #4)
  • Bubbles All The Way (Bubbles Yablonsky, #6)