Start by marking “One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)

One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles #3)

4.5  ·  Rating details ·  13,547 Ratings  ·  1,222 Reviews
Dina DeMille may run the nicest Bed and Breakfast in Red Deer, Texas, but she caters to a very particular kind of guest… the kind that no one on Earth is supposed to know about. Guests like a former intergalactic tyrant with an impressive bounty on her head, the Lord Marshal of a powerful vampire clan, and a displaced-and-superhot werewolf; so don’t stand too close, or you ...more
Published December 20th 2016 by Ilona Andrews

To ask other readers questions about One Fell Sweep, please sign up.
Sandra It's sweet torture only getting a bit each week, but there are advantage to not being able to blow through the entire book in one sitting. I'm doing…moreIt's sweet torture only getting a bit each week, but there are advantage to not being able to blow through the entire book in one sitting. I'm doing both. I'll want hard copy of all the books in the series (I've already reread the other two twice), but I don't want to wait that long to read the new one.(less)
Linzi They always publish the book and audiobook once it's all finished and re-edited

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
*chants* Ilona Andrews . . . Ilona Andrews . . . Ilona Andrews . . .

I always enjoy going back and reading the full installment of the latest edition of INNKEEPER CHRONICLES when it's made available. When you read a serialized novel, you can sometimes forget the key details you pick up along the way. And you can't really appreciate the way things come together when you're reading them piecemeal.

That's one of the remarkable things about this series: it's all made up on the fly. Sure, the Andrews
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Previous rating: 4 stars.
New rating: 7.50 stars. Obviously.

And the moralsssss of this reread are :

I have finally seen the light and given this book an IA-acceptable rating. So go me, hallelujah and stuff.

Begone, disgusting PG-13 stuff! This ain't nuthin' like the online, serial version, my Little Barnacles! Be glad and rejoice!

Forget Dina + Sean, forget Marland, I want my boys Arland and Sean to get it on. Now that would be seriously awesome. Sparks in the bedroom and all that. I'd act
Aisling Zena

I.. can't.. resist...

Chapter 1
Off to a banging start!

Chapter 2
Going off planet! Woohoo!!

Chapter 2 Part 2 and 3

Go Sean!!

C
Anne
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dina & Gang are all back for another fun adventure at the Gertrude Hunt Inn!

description

The beauty of this one is that while Dina is the main character, the ensemble cast is what makes this series worth reading. This time around, Sean, Arland, Orro, Caldenia, and Dina's adorable dog, Beast, are joined by newcomers, Maud & Helen. <--Dina's older sister and niece.

description

Between all of them, they should be able to save the day from a tribe of mercenary aliens on a mission to wipe out some of Dina's guests
Melanie
1.) Clean Sweep ★★★★
2.) Sweep in Peace ★★★★

Everything IA touches turns to gold, and this series is no exception. The Innkeeper Chronicles feel so cozy, yet are so action packed and have so much swoon-worthy romance. IA somehow weaves a story with the perfect balance of mystery, filled with high-tense situations, with all these unique concepts, and makes it feel like home. I can't recommend this series, or this writing duo, enough.

This series is written in weekly installments that IA posts for f
Robin (Bridge Four)
Sale Alert 12/30/17: Amazon Daily Deal $1.99

Welcome to Gertrude Hunt where the walls and floor can move, physics as we know it is just a guideline, the Chef on staff looks like a huge hedgehog, an intergalactic war criminal is taking an extended stay and just about anyone or anything can show up at any time.

description

The Innkeeper Chronicles is the online serial from Ilona Andrews. The best part about the ebook version of this, besides being tortured having to wait for the weekly installments to come in,
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
4.5 stars. Final review, first posted at Fantasy Literature:

description

Note: This review contains some spoilers for the two earlier books in the INNKEEPER CHRONICLES series.

As One Fell Sweep (2016) begins, Dina DeMille, the Innkeeper of the Gertrude Hunt Inn, a secret way-stop on Earth for galactic visitors, is recuperating from the life-and-death peace summit that her inn hosted in Sweep in Peace. She’s also just beginning to pick up her relationship with Sean, the werewolf warrior, when a reptilian visit
Carol.
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the Andrews
First, sincere thanks to the Andrews for making this available for free as an on-line weekly serial. That was very kind and generous, as they could undoubtedly make actual large dollars. It's a full, complicated story, the third installment in the Innkeeper series about a woman who runs an interstellar inn/sanctuary. Opening with a rescue, it quickly moves on to new external conflicts all while protecting the Inn from official notice, particularly the involvement of local Officer Marais.

Think o
Bradley
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the culmination of so much slow burn, the romantic explosion we've all been waiting for in the duo's hybrid SF/Fantasy galactic intrigue Bed and Breakfast series. :)

It's taken so long! Well, two books... to get here! Sigh.

First of all, I have no issues with regurgitated UF themes in this one. In fact, I had a great time following a rather complicated weave of plots that do a lot to dive into the characters, a lot of their histories and, of course, the blowout ending that I very much enjo
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
Ilona Andrews made this available on their website for free in weekly installments until its published on December 20th. I held out until all of it was complete because I'm not a patient person.

In the third book of the series, Gertrude Hunt has to call on a favor with Arland and Sean to go and save her sister and niece on a distant planet. Fortunately this doesn't take up too much of the book, and they are back at the Inn for a new intergalactic war between these weird creatures I already forgot
1st Read - Jan-October 2016 (Read-along with the weekly serial)
2nd Read - December 2016 (finished ebook)
3rd read -November 2017

Full Review

This series just gets better and better, I love reading along with the weekly instalments as they're published on Ilona Andrews' website but what I love even more is getting my hands on the final version and seeing how much extra depth has been added to the story and the relationships between the characters.

Dina and Gertrude Hunt are building a reputation of
Melissa
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to take a minute to appreciate just how FREAKING good this husband and wife author duo are. Seriously, when these two sit in front of their computer or however they get the words down, MAGIC happens. One Fell Sweep is the third instalment of the Innkeeper Chronicles, and in my opinion, the best of the lot. I'm not sure how they manage to keep getting better and better, book after book... But somehow it just happens. After this series and the Kate Daniels series, which I recently re-rea ...more
Phrynne
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading this as an online series for free but that won't stop me buying the book when it comes out! This is such a fun series from a really talented team of authors, and it is one I will certainly reread in the future.
This particular episode takes place almost entirely at the inn which is a magic place of course. The world building is magical itself and very, very entertaining. There's lots of danger, some anxious moments, humour, many very engaging characters and a little romance.
Fafa's Book Corner
Review posted on Fafa's Book Corner!

Beware spoilers ahead!

Trigger Warning: Mention of war, death, and mention of annihilating a species.

Despite being a tad disappointed in Sweep in Peace I was still looking forward to reading One Fell Sweep. I am happy to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it!

It's been a few days since Sean and Dina went to the movies together. Gertrude Hunt has become quite. Sean and Dina are attempting to form a relationship. At night Dina senses a presence. It turns out to be Se
Marianne
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Update: I finally got my hands on the updated and expanded audio version of One Fell Sweep. Renee Raudman did an excellent job, as always. She - and the authorlords - have convinced me to add the missing, fifth star to my rating. I loved the additional material; Lord Soren's sudden interest in genetics and last, but not least; the added scene between Dina and her wolf. If you've read the complete novel you'll know which scene I'm referring to;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~

Epilogue:

I can't believe it's
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed

One Fell Sweep was AMAZING!!!

It was the third novel in the Innkeeper Chronicles.

I should know by now that Ilona Andrews does NOT disappoint. Even so book 1 and 2 were slow in build up, Ilona Andrew books always get BETTER with each additional book. One Fell Sweep was the best example.

I felt a bid like the Inn. The more guests aka characters were introduced the happier I felt.

One Fell Sweep had an amazing cast of characters, old and new. Family, friends, and allies all converged at Gertrude Hunt,
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I love Ilona Andrews and everything that they do, and One Fell Sweep kept me interested with twists, turns, big surprises, and even some heat.

To be honest, I wish I had re-read the previous books before jumping into One Fell Sweep, but I had read a few duds in a row and I wanted a guaranteed winner. I was actually a bit lost for a few chapters, but once I got into it, I was hooked.

Ilona Andrews always means a good time and heavy excitement, and I wasn't disappointed. I'm still completely in aw
Nafeeza
Drop whatever you are reading b*tches, it is IA time! Buddy Reading with my lovelies over @ Ilona Andrews Addict.
Angela
I usually end up having read this story three to four times by the time I finish it on release day - it's because Ilona Andrews publishes these stories as a serialized novel, online, for free, first. And there's something incredibly gratifying about reading a new installment every week. But, for me, it's eminently more satisfying to read it in its entirety, published.

Something that I never consciously noticed before was that Ilona Andrews purposefully writes the online version to be PG rating -
Cathy (cathepsut)
I first read this as an online serial on Ilona Andrews' website, which took most of 2016. This is the first re-read of the finished book, published the usual way.

I had fun reading the weekly bits and agonizing over them with my reading buddies. However, reading a finished book in one go is a more cohesive affair. It runs smoother, you can read as long as you want, no waiting for the next gripping bit. Also more editing and small improvements on various details. Plus a maturer rating.

Good fun, I
Emma
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars..
As a committed Grimdark fan, this book comes as some light relief. It's a story where people pull together, love each other and win the day, all wrapped up in time for Christmas. But as a committed Grimdark fan, this is also what prevents it from getting a higher score!

I really enjoyed it- routed for all the characters, enjoyed the sci Fi vibe and generally had a good time, but got a little bored towards the end...
katwiththehat
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-1
In this conclusion to the Innkeeper Chronicles, we get to meet more of Dinah’s family! Her sister and niece come to stay at the inn because of unfortunate circumstances, and finally we have the trio of Arden, Sean and Dinah together, as the love triangle begins to get off the ground. I loved the character of Dinah’s niece, and Dinah’s sister as well. Ilona Andrews always writes kick butt female characters, and I love the way she is such a great vampire society member, and also innkeeper. This no ...more
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

This book was so much fun to read! I look forward to every new Ilona Andrews book that I can get my hands on. I think it is amazing that this book was written as a serial novel and available to read on their website for free. They don't have to do that but they do just because they really are that nice. I didn't read the book as a serial because I know that I am the kind of reader that wants to sit down and read the whole book at once but I t
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN
I feel like I've been reading this forever. I'm so glad it's over. Unfortunately, I have to say that this was my least favorite IA book. I've said so many things through my status updates while reading it and now there's no much to say. I had imagined the things were going to develop differently. My expectations were high. I didn't like the whole Marland thing, but OK. Sean is good, too.

This book was full of action, which left little to character and relationship development. It didn't grow cont
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
I read this book over time and maybe that's the problem. It was interesting at times, boring the others. But I think what sealed my rating was how rushed the ending was. The last few chapters came out of nowhere and too neatly tied everything up. I may listen to audio when it comes out. That could change my rating.
Maria Dimitrova
Old rating: 5 stars
New rating: A billion stars

New review to come, probably later today.

Original review:

Book by an independent author for the MacHalo Reading Challenge.

What was wrong with me that I put off reading OFS for so long? Apparently I need specialized help because such behaviour is unacceptable. Because THIS IS AWESOME! Just like any other book by IA. But especially because it's an Innkeeper book. After all this was the series that introduced me to this amazing writing duo.

The story is
Obsidian
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I maybe screeched a bit while reading this the other day. It was so ridiculously good I could not keep a hold of myself. You get action, interesting new characters, new information about how the Innkeeepers mete out justice, and oh you get a really nice love scene (finally some of you are saying!) which was great. This whole thing was way too short for me. I needed more and felt really upset when we got the final page. The only thing I wish we had gotten more of was colored photos inserted in th ...more
Layla ✷ Praise the sun ✷
Arland looked at me as if seeing me for the first time. Yes, the princess you were expecting put on her armor and left to kill the dragon. So sorry.

This serial is now finished and can be read for free at http://innkeeper.ilona-andrews.com/on....

While this is not my favorite IA book ever and the ending feels a bit rushed, it still has awesome world building, fantastic character writing, situational comic and a solid plot.

I'm not going to rate this before it is properly edited and published in it

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

Holy second book syndrome, Batman! CLEAN SWEEP was a light-hearted, action-packed adventure with just enough conflict to keep everything steamrolling ahead. SWEEP IN PEACE, on the other hand, was totally different in tone - it was much less like the UF/PNR that CLEAN SWEEP was, instead veering more towards traditional sci-fi territory with its delegations and political intrigues among various alien beings. The pacing was also much s l o w e
  • Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5)
  • Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
  • Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9)
  • Legacy of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #8)
  • Edge of Darkness (Rhiannon's Law, #4)
  • Shadow's Bane (Dorina Basarab, #4)
  • The Blacksmith (Iron Seas #5)
  • Grave Ransom (Alex Craft, #5)
  • Unholy Luck (Downside Ghosts, #6)
  • Blood of the Earth (Soulwood, #1)
  • Dragon Spawn (World of the Lupi, #13)
  • Once Broken Faith (October Daye, #10)
  • The Ippos King (Wraith Kings, #3)
  • Snug Ship
  • Rituals (Cainsville, #5)
  • Fury (Menagerie #3)
  • The Unyielding (Call of Crows, #3)
  • Shadow's Seduction (Immortals After Dark, #17; The Dacians, #2)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a better grade ...more

Innkeeper Chronicles (3 books)
  • Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1)
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • The Birthday of the World and Other Stories
    $11.49 $1.99
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • CyberStorm
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Departure
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
“Yes, the princess you were expecting put on her armor and left to kill the dragon. So sorry.” 15 likes
“Will you take this seriously? The future of an entire species is at stake.”

“Yes, we’re going to save them with a fart gun.”
9 likes