Start by marking “COWBOY (Shadow-Keepers, #3)” as Want to Read:

COWBOY

(Shadow-Keepers #3)

4.66  ·  Rating details ·  38 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Welcome Back to The Grid

Jess William Bailey has a history of being a very bad man. But that was the past—now he’s the most brutal of the bad-asses as leader of the Wires—the toughest and deadliest warriors on The Grid. He makes no excuses, feels no guilt for what he has to do and keeps both at bay with women, drink and violence. But his time is quickly running out and Jes
Published March 22nd 2016 by JTW Publishing

To ask other readers questions about COWBOY, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about COWBOY

Zoe
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"I got this book from eBook Discovery. This is my honest review"
Omg where do I start.. I've never read a book like this before but I've already just bought the rest of the series plus the Companion Novellas (Ebooks Only) I just hope there are more to the series as the ending leaves you wanting more. It can be read as a stand alone but I'm sure once you read it you'll be like me and wanting more.
As I was reading it I just loved the storyline and the romance, the idea of the bad boy (cowboy) turn
Decadent Kane
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I base my star review off how entertained I was with the story. The story is a unique take mixing several paranormal elements with a touch of old west and modern day. Like a banana split.

I enjoyed the authors humor and several great lines presented themselves inside the book. My favorites are:

"And there it is. Bullshit masquerading as charm." ~Beth (leading female)

And another dialogue piece with Beth and Cowboy:

"Did you neuter my truck?"
Beth smirked and put her hands on her hips. "Yes. A man's t
Kim
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love this series and all of the fun characters that the author has created within the stories. Jess is featured in Cowboy and I’m so happy that he got his own story and we get to see this Lothario drop to his knees when it comes to his feelings for Beth. Beth is a bad-ass all in her own right and these two create a combustible combination with their pairing.

It’s difficult to summarize the story without giving away too much, but I can’t stress enough how much I adore the interaction
InD'tale Magazine
From the opening lines readers hearts will break as the author expertly pulls on the strings of one’s heart as she vividly recounts the hero’s childhood filled with abuse and neglect that ultimately shapes Jess’s personality.

Read full review in the 2016 July/August issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Elsie Caba
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow Jas T. Ward you did it again. Mind Blown
Joy
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finally, Jess has his own book! As much as I enjoy reading about our loveable Reno and Bounce (I MISS BOUNCE), I have been looking forward to reading a book where everyone’s favorite Cowboy gets to be center stage of the story.

William Jess Bailey is the most notated warrior working for The Grid and while he shines at his job he has a past littered with lots of heartbreak, pain and darkness. He’s a bad boy with list of bad deeds that could fill a few books up but he has one bright spot in his li
Torie James
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: smexilicious
Cowboy is a wonderful tale, chock full of unique twists and paranormal elements reminiscent of early Sherrilyn Kenyon but peppered with 100% of Ms. Ward's great command of creative ingenuity.
Her characters are chock full of depth and layers that slowly, teasingly strip themselves away in the process of the plot as it unfolds to reveal their true selves. That's always a hit or miss with every author but this author is able to appreciate the finer nuances and gray areas of her character's personal
KS
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This one has it all - the Old West...paranormal...lost love...second chance at love...the devil himself!

All I can say is WOW! This is my first Shadow Keepers book, but it won't be my last.

I have to admit that at first I had no idea what direction this story was going to go. But holy paranormal Batman - that was some twister!! If you've read the series from the beginning - that probably made more sense at first than it did for me, BUT you definitely can start with this one and fall in love with J
Carla
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Carla's Three Star Review

Cowboy is a unique story that takes place in both the present and the past. It is crafted around several elements including the wild west, the paranormal, lost love, and second chance romance.

William "Jess" Bailey is the very epitome of a bad boy. Like most bad boys, he is sexy and has a charm that could bring a nun to her knees. He is a great character-one you will like from the very start. His story is filled with many twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of
Denise Van plew
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First time reading this author with it totally being unexpected the depth the author pulled me in. It has many elements I love when reading with it also being a bit on the dark side. I kinda am disappointed too that this is the third one in this one already of the series. This is also not the norm but a bit twisted which my mind enjoyed. There is also a bit of humor intwined so with that I was surprised too. This was one unique read that had the main character Jess and the other Beth was used to ...more
Carol
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book

Jas writes books that are fast paced, intelligent, intriguing and fascinating. Her characters come alive to me. Her writing style switches characters from one paragraph to the next. So you literally not knowing what or who comes next.
Cowboy storyline started in Madness as Jas writes him as there. How we follow him more in-depth. Learn his history and his future.
Loved it
Rhonda Ziglar
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 COWBOY STARS!! Wow, where do I start this is usually not my genre, but this story was amazing. I enjoyed this story from the start until the last word. Jess is a great character and you love him right away. It was fun seeing his story play out, the author did a phenomenal job. This was my first book by Jas T. Ward and it will not be my last.
Destiny
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing, I loved it . at first I was like man a old western style romance.... but NO ! This book was so well written with twists and turns, and I hope you have a tissue box !
My favorite book this year.
diana piatt
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was great

I love cowboy and Beth story.

Figure he will go back to hell for her.

Reno save his brother.
I love this cowboy
You should read this book!
Vickie
Welcome Back to The Grid…For One Hell of a Wild Ride!

First of all I loved this book…second of all it’s a must read…third of all buy this book! A definite must for fans of romantic suspense reads who enjoy a mix of supernatural elements…oh and did I mention an immortal cowboy that’s sexy as sin itself!

Jess William Bailey has an antiquity for being a very bad man, but that was in the past. He’s now the most fierce and ruthless leader of the Wires, the toughest and deadliest warriors on the Grid.
Rosie Amber
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Cowboy is book #5 in the Shadow-keepers (paranormal) series of books. It opens in The Old West during 1869. We meet William Jess Bailey, and learn about his early years of hardship in a frontier town. Jess is described as having a split personality; an invisible friend lives inside his head, whom he names Sundown.

As a young man, Jess joins a gang of thieves, and a large reward is offered for his capture, which a deadly bounty hunter seeks to collect.

The book then leaps forward 200 years, to mode
Cheri
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved some of the dialogue between the characters and internal conversations and snark. There was a lot of explanation due to this being a third book in the series, however it is a story standing alone. Be prepared for surprises and twists. The opening tells us about Cowboy's beginning—just when you think you know what's going on—you don't. However, the author does catch us up introducing necessary info and characters.

Bad Ass Immortal meet bad ass lady cop—lady might be exaggerating. Everybod
Rachel Russell
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jas-t-ward, favorites
And Jas T Ward has done it again. I have waited eagerly to read Cowboy and as a massive fan of the Shadow Keeper Series; Madness, Lust, Bounce etc. This story does not fail to deliver, William Jess Bailey is unlike any character that I have seen out there, in fact there isn't a character out there that can be compared to him. Just when I think Lust couldn't be topped, then there is Cowboy. Bringing back all the amazing characters from the previous stories, it's the perfect story.

It's a story th
Lori Greis
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Got it, read it, LOVE IT!!! Jas T Ward has done it again, & it just keeps getting better & better with this series. I fell in love with this series from the first page of Candyman, & I'm so glad that Cowboy got his own book. All of Ward's characters are badass - male or female - but Beth really takes the cake. How you ask? You're going to have to read to find out! Though this book is part of a series, it's so well-written & is such a great story that it can stand alone. If you'd ...more
Virginie
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG! Jas T Ward did it again. I love that serie! You can finally discover Jess. His life was so hard, he deserved happiness. I have a question: May I be Beth when I grow up? She kicks ass! And for Beth I forgive Jess past behavior. If you don't understand what I'm saying just read that damn book!
Ileraine Nicholls
Nov 11, 2017
Rachel  G
Apr 22, 2017
Jas Ward
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Reno Sundown
Apr 16, 2016
About the Author

Jas T. Ward has always used writing as a necessary escape. With a past that is marred with a difficult childhood and domestic violence as well as being homeless as an adult, Ward lost her creative voice when she lost her soul mate to suicide.

Finding that creative voice once again in writing in social media via blogs and creative writing groups, it was the fans that encouraged her t

Shadow-Keepers (3 books)
  • Madness (Shadow-Keepers, #1)
  • LUST: Book Two of the Shadow-Keepers Series