Jump to ratings and reviews

Morning Song

A child's cheerful ode to the morning.

Good morning, eyes.
Good morning, nose.
Good morning, fingers.
There you are toes.

A little boy wakes up early one morning and begins to greet all the things in his bedroom, from his teddy bear to his clock. As the sun rises higher and higher, so does the boy's joy, culminating in an exuberant "Good morning, good morning!" As the door slowly opens, he runs into his father's loving arms.

Morning Song's lyrical, simple verse and luminous illustrations will make every child look forward to greeting the new day.

32 pages, Hardcover

First published November 1, 2001

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Elizabeth Sayles

31 books6 followers
I've illustrated more than 20 books for children. My latest books are "Moon Child" by Nadia Krilanovich, and "The Very Little Princess", by Marion Dane Bauer. "The Goldfish Yawned" (Henry Holt) is the first book that I wrote as well as illustrated. It is a winner of the Bank Street College Best Childrens Book, 2005.

I also illustrated "I Already Know I Love You" written by Billy Crystal which was a NY Times #1 best selling picture book.

My work also appears on book jackets, as well as in other projects including for Delta Airlines, Lands’ End, Lord & Taylor, Peaceable Kingdom Press and Sony/BMG Music.

I am an adjunct professor of Illustration at the School of Visual Arts in NYC and of Illustration & Cartooning at SUNY/Rockland.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 reviews
Profile Image for Christina.
92 reviews
October 28, 2009
Another one of Christopher's favorites! He really likes this one because he's a morning person, and loves playing with Daddy first thing in the morning!
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.