Start by marking “Marshal's Destiny, The” as Want to Read:
Marshal's Destiny, The

Marshal's Destiny, The (Irish Western #1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  136 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Irish-born Margaret mary Flaherty leaves New York City for Colorado, carrying the signed proof her brother Seamus needs to keep greedy landowners from stealing his ranch.

Joshua Turner, U.S. Marshal, is headed to Colorado to investigate charges of cattle rustling and land fraud.

Their paths cross in the middle of enemy territory, where Marshal Turner comes to the aid when Ma
Published October 1st 2001 by AmazonEncore

To ask other readers questions about Marshal's Destiny, The, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marshal's Destiny, The

Cheesecake
Maggie and Marshal. Maggie is on her way to bring her copy of her brother's ranch ownership papers to her brother, when her coach is attacked by 'Indians'. She is injured and rescued by Marshal who is a lawman... Found it confusing that a lawman's first name is Marshal. But anyways, there's a local bad guy determined to get her brother's land, and willing to do anything to stop her from delivering those papers. It's all very predictable but still an enjoyable read. Marshal doesn't take long to r ...more
Lilmissmolly
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Marshal's Destiny is a wonderful western romantic story with very believable well-developed characters. The story begins when Irish-born Maggie Flaherty leaves New York City after her mother dies and heads for Colorado to her brother’s ranch. Hostile Indians attack Maggie’s stagecoach and Maggie herself is attached to the inside of the carriage by an arrow. On his way to investigate charges of cattle rustling and land fraud in Colorado, Marshal Joshua Turner assists in removing the arrow fro ...more
Pamela
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great Book!!! Well written, great story line!
Beenee Reads
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book, well written and a wild ride from start to finish!
Eileen
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, own-book
This was a wonderful story that showed you the toughness of the times and how looks and touches can mean so much. Maggie is on her way to the Colorado territory to deliver important papers to her brother and gets shot by an arrow under an Indian attack. The marshall comes to her rescue and gets her to town and medical help. Very good story that introduced interesting characters that was family to one another.
Luli
Cuando leo un libro de romance-suspense me gusta leer cómo interaccionan los personajes, me gusta leer-ver qué sienten y porqué, y sobre todo me gusta entender lo que hacen o no hacen. En este libro no conseguí nada de lo anterior.
La historia tenía buena pinta, y como no he leído mucho romance-western, me pareció original.
Una chica que viaja en una caravana para ver a su hermano, que es la única familia viva que le queda.
Durante el viaje sufre varios contratiempos, primero un ataque por partes d
Theresa Scarangella
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Maggie was on a stagecoach going to meet her brother Seamus in Emerson. She needed to bring a copy of the deed to his ranch that he sent to her in NY or he would lose his ranch. Her stage was attacked by Indians and she got shot with an arrow in her arm which stuck in the seat. They heard gunfire then a man named Joshua Turner who was a marshal was there to help her. He carried her to town and got her help. He had her blood on his hand and had wood stuck in his hand, he pulled it out and his blo ...more
Cyndii Sellers
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Marshal's Destiny

The Marshal's Destiny

Book 1 in the series of 5 is a thrilling account! Fast paced and intriguing, it keeps the reader on the edge of his/her seat. Through the author's artful use of colorful descriptions, set against a believable historical backdrop, the reader is drawn into the action and swept along in the swift current of the story almost as though they are experiencing the events personally. A thrilling tale heightens the anticipation of Book 2!
Lori Meehan
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
This was my first book by author C. H. Admirand and it won't be my last. I went ahead a bought all the other books in this series
Marshal Joshua Turner comes upon a stage coach under attack by Indian and finds a wounded Maggie Flaherty. There is an instant attraction between them. They both sense the loneliness in the other and think, can this be their future destiny?
Maggie must get the papers she's carried from New York to her brother to keep the bank from taking his ranch back and Joshua is s
Nancy Luebke
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this Romantic Western.This is one of two stories in "The Irish Westerns" Volume 1 Book. I received this from the author in return for an honest review. It was funny, fast moving, with plenty of action in it. I fell in love with the Marshal and Maggie right away and I enjoyed the ending as well. I will be reading more of this author's work..
Judy
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Irish Western Series by C H Admirand. I am writing this review late, I actually finished the 3rd book in the series now. I recommend reading the entire series. Each book has you more deeply involved in the characters and story. If you liked the John Wayne western movies, you will love this series.
Brianna Hughes
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I highly enjoyed this book and can't wait to finish the others in this series. C.H. you are a wonderful author and this genre I hadn't like before until now. Thank you for a wonderful series. This is a must read if you haven't already done so.
Kathy
Dec 20, 2013 rated it liked it
An Irish Western - fun
Suzanne
Western romance with lots of flair :)
Eric Green
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

This is a good clean historical romance with plenty of action. It was very well written. I fell in love with the characters immediately. Great read.
Judy
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I have read C. H. Admirand's books and I really enjoyed it very much. I will be buying more of her books. I have this book in a boxed set with 3 others. It was funny and sad.
Marcie Miller
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this Irish western. Maggie is hilarious even under dying circumstances. Had a hard time putting it down. Looking forward to the continuing saga.
Tracy
Marcella
Nov 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Southern born... Northern bred

I was born in Aiken, South Carolina, but alas, my parents moved back to northern New Jersey where I grew up, which if you’ve met me would explain a lot. I’ve always had my nose in a book, have traveled the world over, and even tested the time-space continuum, thanks to the awesome power of the written word.

My love for the written word is a gift from my parents, but th
More about C.H. Admirand...

Irish Western (5 books)
  • The Rancher's Heart
  • Pearl's Redemption (Irish Western, #3)
  • A Gift From Home
  • For Love of Flynn (Irish Western #5)