Start by marking “Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 21” as Want to Read:
Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 21

Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 21 (Kare Kano #21)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  810 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
The final volume of Kare Kano is here! As graduation approaches, Yukino and Soichiro announce their happy news. Plans solidify for the coming years--college and work, family and friends, hopes and dreams, ambition and love. Which path will each relationship take? For this close-knit circle, the future is wide open!
Published January 9th 2007 by TokyoPop (first published August 5th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Kare Kano, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kare Kano

Luisa
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Di sicuro la capacità di comprendere cosa sia la felicità e cosa l'infelicità risiede in un luogo che la mano dell'uomo non può raggiungere.

Dopo Fruits basket (letto il mese scorso), un altro manga che mi ha abbastanza devastato è Karekano... no, non volevo farmi del male a distanza di poco tempo però mi chiamava, ero curiosa di iniziarlo pertanto mi sono buttata nella lettura.
La storia mi ha intrigato fin dai primi volumi: leggeri, spassosi, divertenti quasi. E pian piano ho fatto la conoscenza
Jerjonji
Jun 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
***Spoilers!!!**

The story begins when Yukino begins high school. Yukino has devoted most of her young life to being the best in everything she does. She is the top student at school, perfectly dressed, and her peers adore her. Content to live life with this mask on, Yukino is convinced that she has life under control. Things start to crumble around her when the newest student in school, Soichiro Arima, shows her up in every area. Soichiro has his own problems. Unable to live the life he wants, h
Jasmine Rose
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Hira
Jul 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Second Reread:
The past few days I've read some shoujo manga, and I felt like they were trying too hard to make the stories sound meaningful and I recalled having read Kare Kano, one of the series that I had actually enjoyed. I felt like revisiting Kare Kano's story, so i went back and started reading from Volume 1.

It starts off as a relatively typical comedy series. Some people may have felt like it's all wrapped up in the first volume even and don't bother to read further because of the cliche
Carmen8094
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-e-fumetti
Dopo gli importantissimi eventi narrati negli ultimi numeri, mi sono approcciata al volume 21, l'ultimo de Le situazioni di lui & lei covando grandi aspettative... naturalmente deluse.
In realtà avrei dovuto prevedere un volume più leggero, in cui si potesse tirare il respiro dopo tutte le rivelazioni precedenti. Che facesse da epilogo.
In questo numero, infatti, si cerca di indagare meglio Asaba, rimasto un po' ai margini della storia negli ultimi tempi e poi, dopo una breve incursione della
Carmen
Nov 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I finished my first manga series ever! But seeing as how I've never wrote a review for it, I'll summarize its story a bit. It's about this seemingly perfect girl who only acts perfect because she loves to be flattered. She holds up this facade of hers and is always number one in her class... that is until she gets to high school where she meets this boy.... who is even more perfect than she is and beats her out for the number one position. She starts to panic and works even harder to regain her ...more
Travis
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2006, manga
I liked this series quite a bit, even when it took a turn for the angsty and started focusing on Arima (actually I think I liked his story best of all).
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Good volume.
Lynn
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Today's post is on Kare Kano: his and her circumstances volume 21 by Masami Tsuda. As it is the last in the long running series you need to have read the first twenty volumes to understand the story. It is 186 pages long and is published by Tokyopop. The cover has Yukino and Soichiro on it as adults. The intended reader is someone who likes high school romance, drama and happy endings. The story is told from third person god. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- The final volume of
neeecole
Oct 12, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the anime!
Update (10/12): I finished the entire manga series--my first ever! After being an adoring fan of the anime series, my buddy Tyler finally convinced me (by buying me the first couple for a birthday gift) that I really needed to make the switch to the manga series. Really, I think he just wanted someone to be a little more even with him on the nerd scale. Well I was convinced after reading the first volume post anime (the volume with the play was rad!). The series is completely awesome! One of the ...more
Ivy
Feb 28, 2010 rated it it was ok
Allison
Jul 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series when I saw it as an anime, and because of the cliffhanger ending of the anime series, I decided to continue reading the series where the anime left off.

If you don't know the plot of this story DO NOT SKIP AHEAD! Missing all of the little bumps and curves just to get to the ending will ruin the experience. Anyway, this was, hands down my favorite volume of the series because it was absolutely perfect. Although everything ends on a happy note, don't assume everyone gets a perfe
Manga_inamorata
Sep 17, 2014 rated it did not like it

WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!

I loved this manga! I loved it more then anything! I first watched the anime but it ended to soon for me so I went on the hunt for the manga. Everything was going great. I loved how their relationship was growing and getting better when all of a fucking second that ENDING was basically a huge screw you!

Why the hell would you do that? As if Arma hadn't been through hell and back! I can't even get a happy ending? Are you kidding me!

URGH!

I say read from 1-21 but once you s
Izlinda
Mar 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, young-adult
Chibineko
Oct 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
The road to the end has been a long and arduous one. Through many twists and turns, through many dramas the reader has traveled. Not all of them are as satisfying as others, but most have been fun. In this final volume we see the reactions of everyone as the school year ends and we discover what everyone is going to do after they graduate. We also learn how everyone reacts to the young parent's pregnancy (some good, some bad, but all love it in the end).

I really enjoyed this volume. This is one
Jossy
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This series is one my favorites. I first got into it because of the anime, but the anime did not captured the manga as well as it should have. I loved the characters growth, background, personalities, strengths and persistence. At some points i was concerned for Arima, but i liked how everything turned out. His relationship with Yukino made them both stronger. Overall this series taught me a lot about love, friendship, school, life and determination. It was the second manga i ever read, and even ...more
Regine Simon
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this series! I have almost every volume, and each book is pretty worn out after I've read it so many times. I started Kare Kano when I was young and followed through with it for a while and it was a great journey. I liked the character development and comedic moments, as well as the dramatic and sad ones. All of it! I cried when I finished this series, and read the whole thing over and over for years because it's a great work. Really recommended for people looking for comedy, shoujo, roman ...more
Merary
Actual rating: 4.5/5 rating

The final volume was good and I'm glad that everything turned out alright.
(view spoiler)
I'm going to miss Soichiro Arima, Yukino Miyazawa, and the rest of the characters, thou
Crimson_brunette
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2014 rated it liked it
I'd say this was a fairly standard series. I didn't love it and, honestly, I probably would have put it down by vol. 5 if it hadn't been for Arima. His character intrigued me and I was drawn to his inner conflict. However, he was really the only character I was fully invested in. The rest of them were interesting enough and I grew to care for them as well, but I had a hard time identifying with them personally. All in all, I'm still glad I read the series.
Stephanie
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I do appreciate the writer doing a wrap up to show what happened to everyone in the end. It is nice to finally see what happened to everyone in a story. The overall story had a lot of really good parts and whole books that I did not care for. I would give the overall series a 3.5, 4. Decent story, maybe it would be better for middle school or highschool kids, not someone in their 20's like me.
Caroline
Aug 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, young-adult, series
"Kare Kano" has developed the relations and personalities of Yukino, Soichiro, Asaba, Kano, Tsukino, Rika, Aya, Maho, and all the rest of the gang. In this final volume the gang reunites years after high school, and they are both similar and different.
Kristina
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I liked this series very much. It had a great plot, the right amount of suspense and romance. :)
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada bulan Agustus 2006.
Nikki Kelly
Aug 28, 2007 rated it it was amazing
A love story that revolves around highschool students but remains interesting to span 20+ volumes. The art is unique and comical.
A.M.G.
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Actual Rating : 2.2 / 5

Simple: let this just be the rating for the entire series. Not all bad, but mostly bad, keep that in mind. The End.
India Stoker
Un tomo final muy "Y fueron felices y comieron perdices", que a pesar de no haberme terminado de convencer en algunos aspectos, es un buen final para esta serie.
Angie
Oct 15, 2008
Marzaa
Apr 30, 2017
  • Mars, Volume 07
  • Marmalade Boy, Vol. 8 (Marmalade Boy, #8)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 36 (Boys Over Flowers, #36)
  • Wish, Vol. 03 (Wish, #3)
  • Kodocha: Sana's Stage, Vol. 10
See also 津田雅美.

Tsuda is a tea-loving, crazy manga-ka who lives in Japan. Her most famous work that has been translated into several languages is Kare Kano (or His and Her Circumstances).

Tsuda likes operas, historical sites, and classic children's tales.
More about Masami Tsuda

Kare Kano (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 1
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 8
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 9
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 10

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Chained Up (Devil's Rock #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
  • Visibly Broken
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • With This Ring (Vanza, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Hell Breaks Loose
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) [Kindle in Motion]
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Barbecue and Bad News (Adams Grove, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Mint Juleps and Justice (Adams Grove #5)
  • 99 Days
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy #2)
    $6.49 $1.99