Start by marking “Double Knot (Davis Way Crime Caper, #5)” as Want to Read:
Double Knot (Davis Way Crime Caper, #5)

Double Knot

(Davis Way Crime Caper #5)

USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR

"Powerfully heartfelt and knock-your-socks-off hilarious. I'm a fan!" - Janet Evanovich

Super Spy Davis Way sets sail on a Caribbean cruise aboard the MS Probability with fifty billionaires, a boatload of Louis Vuitton luggage, Anderson Cooper, and her mother. (Her mother?) The weather is perfect, the seas are calm, and Suite 704 is spectacular
Published April 12th 2016 by Henery Press

To ask other readers questions about Double Knot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Knot

Larissa Reinhart
Phoebe Fox
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gretchen Archer could read a direct marketing call list to me and I think it would be funny as hell. In the latest Davis Way Crime Caper she's at her absolute best--not only sharp, snarky, and hilarious, but this time we get to see more depth to Davis--love seeing her grow in this surprise-twist plot. A fast-paced, original mystery on board a glamorous ship--Ten Little Indians at sea.
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fans of Davis Way will be delighted and worried about her latest adventure. Both Davis and Bianc are pregnant, Davis with twins. They have set sail on the Casino's newest endeavour, a gambling ship called the MS Probability. This is not really a vacation as Davis has two jobs; the casino's security spy watching over the operations of the debut cruise and to once again serve as casino queen Bianca Sanders's body double. In the beautiful suite, she has Fantasy, her mother, a butler and suite atten ...more
Debbie
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Davis Way is back!! And I, for one, have missed her. She is undoubtedly one of my favorite characters. Her antics are hilarious and she is always finding herself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I do have to say that this one was my least favorite though. I guess since Davis is carrying twins, it's kind of hard of her to get into too many precarious situations, so I can let that slide. That being said, it was still pretty funny just not as outrageously as funny as the others.

However, that
Tamara
Cute. Davis Way is the Southern answer to Stephanie Plum :)

What could go wrong? A week spent on a boat (err, ship), Davis's mom with the gang and Bianaca's typical hijinxs being left behind while Davis spends the time keeping the ship running smoothly- it'll be a fun time. Right?

You'll have to read Double Knot to find out :)
HENERY PRESS PUBLISHING
“Powerfully heartfelt and knock-your-socks-off hilarious. I’m a fan!” – Janet Evanovich
Kristi | Hidden Staircase |
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: caper, cozy-mystery, humor
You don’t want to miss Double Knot, what a fun read! This is the second Davis Way Crime Caper that I’ve read, but the fifth in the series. It was so much fun to be back with Davis and company.

In this outing, a pregnant Davis finds herself aboard a luxury boat (ship! it’s a ship!) to spend a week with fifty billionaire gamblers while posing as her (pregnant) boss, Bianca Sanders. Davis has invited her mother along for the week, as her father insists it’s just what her mother needs. Things are loo
Andrea Stoeckel
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
[ I received this book free from the publisher through NetGalley. I thank them for their generousity. In exchange, I was simply asked to write an honest review, and post it. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising]

"What do you do when someone has a gun on you? Whatever they say."

Davis Way Cole, six months pregnant with twins, is on h
Larissa Reinhart
Fans of Davis Way will be delighted with her latest casino caper. The casino's moved from land to sea and Davis has two jobs as the casino's security spy: watch over the debut cruise of the MS Probability and (once again) serve as casino queen Bianca Sanders's (pregnant) body double. She's got a beautiful suite, a gorgeous wardrobe, a fully stocked kitchen and bar, and two attendants to wait on her. She also has her coworker Fantasia, her cat (Anderson Cooper), (twins on the way), and (unfortuna ...more
Julie Mulhern
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read Double Knot before it even had a cover. Davis in-a-family Way is back with the usual cast of zany characters. Like all of Archer's books, Double Knot is laugh-out-loud funny. It also has a heart--a big, squishy, about-to-have-a-baby heart. Archer fans will not be disappointed! New readers will be thrilled to find a caper series guaranteed to bring a smile to their faces.
Susan Boyer
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-humorous
Hilarious and touching. A treat for all of Davis Way's fans, and I am surely one.
Victoria Sturlini
WHAT AN EXCITING, ENDEARING AND ENJOYABLE BOOK!!!!!!

This story was absolutely riveting!!! Like I already said.... It was very exciting, endearing, and so, so, so, enjoyable! The mystery and suspense of it kept me turning those Kindle pages fast! What a fascinating concept this story had.... I have so enjoyed getting to know all the ins and outs of so many different things through reading this series. Gretchen explains the intricacies of the casino operations, the dark web, banking, etc., So succ
Pwild
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extremely Hilarious

If you love to laugh, love to think, love an intelligent author and main character, love a heart warming though fast-moving story, love well developed characters & don't mind a bit of mildly slang language, you must read this series. (especially if you were raised in, or know someone from the South!) I adored Double Knot, just like all the rest of Gretchen Archer's books. I cannot wait to read the next one! They're SO worth the money!!!!
Dolly
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captured me

I was captured right away by these intriguing characters. The setting is fun for we who cannot imagine the life of the very wealthy. And to have our main character so very pregnant gave it new twist. No super spy antics from her in this one. LOL. The ending was excellent. Action coming at you from all sides! A book to remember.
Flewts
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As always, a fun read. Davis gets locked in a luxurious stateroom on a yacht with Fantasy, and Davis's mom and various staff. Not to be let out for 7 days while something goes on. No Hair is imprisoned elsewhere on the yacht. Her husband is on his way to China, they have no way to reach anyone... did I mention she is pregnant with twins?

Read it in one day because I couldn't stop.
Harry_ATL
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have thoroughly enjoyed this series, binge reading 5 in a row. I've never done that in my life!
Funny, touching, sincere, a tad over the top but not enough to make me stop reading. Gretchen Archer has a great turn of phrase and deep understanding of relationships.

A winner for sure. I'm not usually a mystery reader, but this cosy series gets top marks from me.
Linda Sims
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won this book on a goodreads giveaway for my honest opinion. Double Knot had an interesting plot. The character's are a little off the wall. Davis is a body double for a singer that ends up locked in suite on a luxury boat. The plot is well thought out and will leave you turning the pages wanting to find out how they get out of the mess they are in.
🐥Erica Lundstrom🐥
I enjoyed this, overall, but I thought the disposal of the dishes and the Louis Vuitton luggage, was asinine. Perhaps this was the author’s way of showing disdain for the ridiculously over priced baggage, but it struck me as absurd. The wrap up at the end was also very weak.
Su
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm amazed at how each subsequent book in this series is as interesting and downright hilarious as the previous one! Double Knot has its best funny moments, more on Davis and less of Bradley (sad) and Bianca..worth the read!
Liana
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite so far from series. Made me laugh so much.....unfortunately it ended too soon. Can’t wait to read next one in series.
Amanda Kelley
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining
Lauren
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 funny, but also felt like trying hard
Nancy Kennedy
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m a sucker for casino capers. This one takes place on a mega yacht casino out of Biloxi. Fun caper!
Mary Z : )
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story was full of cleverness and surprises throughout. Delightful!
Kathie Gallagher
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-read
This series is a fun read. It makes me laugh and cry.
Corinne
Ridiculous!
Linda
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had to start #6 immediately to find out...well, to find out the cliffhanger to this book! Gretchen Archer always leaves you wanting more Davis Way Cole!
Patti Fenili
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Double Knot

A really enjoyable mystery with lots of funny parts to break up the suspense. I enjoy reading this series of books! On to the next one!
Vicki
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one is my favorite so far in the series.
JoAnne McMaster (Any Good Book)
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mysteries
Goodreads Librari...: consolidate the 2 covers of Double Knot 2 17 Feb 07, 2016 08:43PM
  • Hijack in Abstract (A Cherry Tucker Mystery, #3)
  • Heartache Motel
  • Small Town Spin (A Nichelle Clarke Crime Thriller #3)
  • That Touch of Ink (Mad for Mod Mystery, #2)
  • Cropped to Death (Faith Hunter Scrap This Mystery, #1)
  • Fixin' To Die (Kenni Lowry #1)
  • Lowcountry Book Club (Liz Talbot Mystery #5)
  • Other People's Baggage (Three Interconnected Mystery Novellas)
  • Killer Image (Allison Campbell Mystery #1)
  • The Dangerous Edge of Things
Gretchen Archer is a Tennessee housewife, mom of three, grocery-list and mystery writer. She's the author of the Davis Way Crime Caper series.

Davis Way Crime Caper (8 books)
  • Double Whammy (Davis Way Crime Caper, #1)
  • Double Dip (Davis Way Crime Caper, #2)
  • Double Strike (Davis Way Crime Caper, #3)
  • Double Mint (Davis Way Crime Caper, #4)
  • Double Up (Davis Way Crime Caper, #6)
  • Double Deck the Halls (A Bellissimo Casino Crime Caper, #6.5)
  • Double Dog Dare (A Davis Way Crime Caper, #7)