Start by marking “Hatred Day (Hatred Day, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hatred Day (Hatred Day, #1)

Hatred Day

(Hatred Day #1)

In the year 2052, it's not love but hate that unites the world.

Humanity is unified against the Inborns, an extraterrestrial species with godlike intelligence and abilities whose arrival on earth caused an environmental and biological crisis.

Enslaved and despised even by her own Inbornkind, 18-year-old Snofrid Yagami reawakens to the world after having her memories stolen
Published January 23rd 2016 by Chrysanthalix Press

To ask other readers questions about Hatred Day, please sign up.
Susan Morgan This is the most non-racist book I have ever read with a part Japanese character who is not only beautiful and with extraordinary powers, but who also…moreThis is the most non-racist book I have ever read with a part Japanese character who is not only beautiful and with extraordinary powers, but who also has a totally Christian worldview who can't see any reason to hate anyone--esp. because of race or alienness. Snofried is like MLK and judges by the individual character (not by "group (non) think" Marxist, Socialist standards which destroy individual identity).

It is not even one of the usual "hate whitey" books since Cid, another super cool, bad-ass character is ginger-haired. Imagine! And another "half-breed inborn" is black, trustworthy, lovable and brave to the core.

So, does TS Pettibone's Christian worldview (love everyone--even half-breeds)) shine? Absolutely, for if they are not true Christians, they write like ones. (less)

Kassidy
Feb 28, 2016 rated it liked it
*3.5*

A very interesting and different book, unlike anything I've read!
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Chrysanthalix Press and NetGalley.)

This was an okay YA dystopian, but I lost interest as it went along.

This was a story about a world where aliens called ‘inborns’ had taken over the planet Earth after having to leave their own planet. There was some slave trading going on, and a bit of a rebellion of the humans verses the inborns. The day the aliens had landed was dubbed ‘hatred day’ and things general
Amanda
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2016
Thank you to Chrysanthalix Press and T.S. Pettibone for my copy of the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Sadly this book wasn't for me, it did have some interesting parts but then it would go off into something completely different and I would lose interest in it. This happened over and over and now I'm cursing myself for reading on hoping at some point it would keep me gripped.

The story follows how aliens come to take over planet earth (or live as one with us? I'm not sure) as they have left
JenacideByBibliophile
Disclaimer: This book was sent to me by the publisher, Chrysanthalix Press, via NetGalley for an honest review.

Opinion: First, take a moment to appreciate that cover. It's damn swoon-worthy. The dark side of me that has a pitch black soul is tingling guys, tingling.

As I write this, I am literally having a side conversation with a fellow book nerd on Bookstagram about how incredibly disheartening and frustrating it is to fall in love with a book, finish said book, and then realize that there is
T.S. Pettibone
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
"The pleasingly complex plot moves its large cast of memorable characters through a carefully controlled escalation of dangers, with Snofrid and her comrades at the heart. This confident and captivating novel should leave readers eagerly anticipating future volumes." - Kirkus Reviews, (starred review)

CHARACTER PORTRAITS

Snofrid & Jazara

Lycidius & Hadrian

Rhode & Coyote

Lucian

Cassidy Sharples
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'll make this short and sweet, since I plan on reviewing the book on YouTube very soon.

I read a lot of young adult fiction. I've come to be well acquainted with the average "first novel" that makes it to the shelf, usually based on its perceived profitability from an overeager publisher. This does not always equate to subpar books--even some seriously obvious cash-grabs are still well-written, after all--but more often than not, these stories reek of vapidity and desperateness for movie studio
Carrie
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
In the year 2052 Earth has what is known as Hatred Day. A day marking the day that an alien race known as Inborns came to Earth and whose arrival on earth caused an environmental and biological crisis. Snofrid Yagami has been enslaved and hated even by her own Inborn kind and finds herself awakening to find that part of her memory has been stolen.

Sno is determined to do whatever she can to ensure her freedom and find out what happened to her memory. When an interspecies war breaks out after the
Anne
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is about an inter-species war between humans and inborns, the extraterrestrials who opened a portal to earth, and in doing so, permanently destroyed the environment.
Everyone -- humans and inborns -- must wear gas masks.

The bigger issues of war are not as important as the small war raging in Hollowstone.
Our protagonist is 18 year old Snofrid, an inborn whose memories have been stolen.
She and her family have been posing as humans and living peacefully in Hollowstone for several years.
B
Shrimalya
Review: This review can also be found here at my blog.
The thing that really caught my attention about this book(other than the cover) was the blurb.It was really fascinating and sounded unlike any other book I'd read before.And let me tell you it is completely different from all the other dystopian books out there!!

The book starts off with a slave auction where Snofrid an 18-year old Mystish Inborn who can heal herself is going to be sold off.Her adopted brother Des and their friend Neko make
Andy
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hatred Day is a breath of fresh air in the sci-fi/fantasy book market that seems to have become saturated with predictable and frankly boring tropes. The classic "young protagonist of unknown origins goes on a quest to save the world" seems to have been replaced with a somehow more popular alternative of a protagonist, often a young girl, who leads angsty teens in a rebellion against the evil adults/corporation/society, all set in some dystopian future (I'm looking at you, Hunger Games and Diver ...more
Erika Maki (Maniacal Reader)
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-dystopian
I really liked this book a lot. The world the authors created is so complex and crazy intriguing. It was touching to see how Sno cared about keeping the people she loves safe. Not telling them about the hunt she was involved in with the Commander, was a wise choice considering the timing of events. I enjoyed reading about the past and what it was like for her and Lycidius growing up. It was important to see how Lycidius really loved her in childhood. The authors portrayed Lycidius' behaviour in ...more
Clay Harmon
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of action. Unique premise. Original mythos.

Hatred Day is a story about a girl named Snofrid, a member of an alien race trying to coexist with humans, set in a world that has been distorted and evolved by their arrival. It's set in the future, inhabited by a society that has degenerated to savagery. Magic has found its way onto Earth, and technology has advanced by half a century to when the story takes place, in the year 2052.

I was in the middle of reading a book by Raymond Chandler when I
Fruitcakeemma
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
First of all, I'd like to thank Chrysanthalix Press or whoever it is who approves netgalley requests. They were the only company that accepted my request.
Anywho, the book. I wasn't even able to finish it. I truly tried, but it was just so hard! I was always lost as to what was going on, and I had SO many questions. What's with the gas mask? How old are they? Where are they? America? Japan? I'm sure some of these were answered later in the book, but I didn't feel the need to continue if I didn't
Tayla Robichaud
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I received a free copy for an honest review.

This book was pretty good! I thought the plot was pretty original and interesting.

Some parts got a little boring but there was also a lot of intense and high action parts. And moments I didn't see coming.

(view spoiler)
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Snofrid is a young woman of eighteen years who has lost some of her memories. She doesn’t remember her family or friends but she remembers her education. She also remembers that she once went to the University and hopes to return one day to further her career. Her brother and her best friend both hover over in the beginning making sure she doesn’t do or say anything in public that could get her in a lot of trouble and behind bars.

Snofrid is an Inborn an alien from another planet. Her ancestors
Edit~A
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free for an honest review. Thanks to NetGalley, Chrysanthalix Press and T.S. Pettibone.)

This certainly was a unique experience. Unfortunately we didn't get too much into Inborns' nature. We only found out how they came there, a bit about why the did, and what they will do, we will have to find out in the next book. I don't like when the book ends in a cliffhanger and this one did.

“Love is why we’re a weak species. People should hurt what they
Brit
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hatred Day by The Pettibone Twins who write under the name T.S. Pettibone throws you immediately into the action of a brutal world strife with racial and political agendas. Snofrid Yagami, also known as Sno, is an inborn and she must stay undercover as she navigates this racially tense world but it is increasingly harder and harder since certain memories of hers were stolen and she doesn't know who she knew or who to trust. As the racial tension builds, Snofrid must trust her instincts and make ...more
Javeria
Feb 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs

Hatred Day is a YA dystopian; the world has united but not through love…through hate. Snofrid Yagami, an Inbornkind, reawakens with her memories stolen, she is willing to do anything to ensure her freedom. However, that becomes difficult when the son of a high ranking human official is murdered and her home city becomes the centre of the interspecies war. With not many options Snofrid is forced to make a deal with the Inborn Commander, Hadrian – she has to be bait.

It took me longer tha
AuntieJ
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As you lift the front cover of Hatred Day you are thrust, directly in to action. A brotherhood searching for a lost member. There is a heart wrenching need to complete the family unit and return everyone to safety. Yet once you have reclaimed your people, the real journey begins.
We meet our main character lost in her own life having to rediscover who she is, not just in the world, but within her family and most startling with in her own mind. She knows the rules of society, but she doesn’t know
Marisa
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This book had a very unique premise that I found to be a breath of fresh air. The book is definitely a slow build with a lot of different things going on that can be a bit hard to keep up with initially. Once we get a little more information about the historical details and background, a lot of that initial build snaps into place and the characters reveal themselves to be deeply developed and intriguing. Snofrid’s memory loss can be frustrating as it causes her to make a series of mistakes, but ...more
Nadine
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When the opportunity came to review the book, I was really attracted to the title. It’s not really a name that I can disregard and at the same time I was really curious about the cover. Gotta admit, the whole combo is very intriguing and that is before even reading the blurb.

I was not sure what to expect, but as I read along I really started to like it, we can say that it grew on me and it took its sweet time to build up at least for me. Little by little the plot unveils and we meet Sno, Dez and
Melissa
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was an absolute joy to read and I cannot wait for the sequel to come out! TS Pettibone masterfully developed the plot, characters, background, and villains in such a way that you could not put the book down. It was also quite refreshing to read as there really is no other book like it - definitely an original story/world. Hatred Day takes you on many delightful twists and turns that keep you guessing. I highly recommend this series!
Jim Karagkounis
Sep 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
Guuuuys, about Brittany: SHE'S TOTALLY NOT A NAZI. She just believes in Nazi conspiracy theories, is the Barbie of the Alt Right, repeats Nazi talking points, is friends with Nazis and constantly uses Nazi and antisemetic dog whistles. Such a non-Nazi, nothing to see here
Jarmila Kurucova
I knew this book would give me nightmares. It delivered. Deliciously creepy, filled with intense magical elements, Hatred Day is a page turner.
Tia Tormen
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
Aric Nichols
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is an EPIC wild adventure!
I just had to say that, because it's true! And I take my hat off to the Pettibone sisters who dedicate their time and effort to write such a splendid story!
It's a sci fi fantasy, which means a writer can do anything! A story can go from earth to the far corners of space! Well in this case the space came to earth. The story takes place in 2052 on a desolate earth that has been under a biological crises. Now why 2052? And what has happened between now and then one
Lori
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Overall really good story. Great concept. Creative, complex, interesting and an extremely enjoyable listen.

Finally a series that doesn't end in a huge cliffhanger. Yes, there is going to be at least one more book. Yes, there are many questions that are left unanswered, but there is no "huge" cliffhanger. Can't say any more that that and not spoil the story for those who haven't read it.

It would have been nice to have a prologue to set the stage and explain the history of the alien and human wo
Macy Klingerman
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from NetGalley.

I loved this book so much that I ordered a physical copy while I was still halfway through the eARC I received. The second book's release is so far away, and I'm DYING for it.

Nearly every blogger runs into what I'm dealing with in regards to this book: I loved it so much, that I honestly can't organize my thoughts. Should I talk about the high speed action and danger that kept the characters (and me!) on their toes? Or should I talk about how I fell hopelessly
Lit A.
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Pettibone sisters without doubt are skilled writers. The premise and the mythos of the Inborns are original. However, it took me awhile to familiarize myself with the world building and the direction of the plot (which made the pace slow in the beginning). That said, the world building and the storyline are well-developed and gritty. If you’re familiar (or a big fan of Game of Thrones) expect some surprising GOT style twists. There’s no easy way in every conflict in Hatred Day, instead the P ...more
Candice
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, the artwork on the front of the book is striking and it grabbed my attention. The simple composition and the color choices were stunning.
When I started the book I was a little lost with the characters and the world they inhabited that I had to go back and catch the names and match them to the characters. However, I kept reading and the reality of the book became my own. I kept reading page after page and before I knew it, I was half way through.
The storyline was unique and intere
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
YA Buddy Readers'...: Hatred Day By T.S. Pettibone - Starting July 2nd 2016 18 24 Aug 03, 2016 05:46PM
  • Holly Jolly Summer
  • The Girl Who Wouldn?t Die
  • Adela Arthur and the Creator's Clock (The Chronicles of A, #1)
  • Kathleen Hale Is a Crazy Stalker
  • Amulet of Elusion (The Lost Amulet Chronicles, #1)
  • American Heart
  • The Apartment (The Apartment Novels, #1)
  • The Harper Effect
  • Midnight Hunter
  • Find Me Where the Water Ends (So Close to You, #3)
  • Knotted Roots (Knotted Roots, #1)
  • Project 17
  • Waterfall (The Water Crisis Chronicles)
  • Book of Enlightenment (Generations Saga, #1)
  • Montfort: The Early Years -  1229 to 1243 (Monfort, #1)
  • Creation
  • Moon Hunt (North American's Forgotten Past #24; People of Cahokia #3)
  • Apocalypse: An Anthology by Authors and Readers
T.S. Pettibone are the authors of The Hatred Day Series. Hatred Day, book one, is available now on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Expected publication for Verdict Day, book two, is 2017.

T.S. Pettibone is the pen name of identical twins, Brittany and Nicole Pettibone. They were born in California, grew up in Kansas, and these days, live and write in California. On the rare occasion that they break

Hatred Day (2 books)
  • Verdict Day (Hatred Day, #2)
“They were like lightning and rain, existing together but clashing at their very natures.” 8 likes
“I am War. I am Death. I am the Unloved God.” 1 likes