Start by marking “The Bridesmaid's Hero (Snowgum Creek #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Bridesmaid's Hero (Snowgum Creek #1.5)

The Bridesmaid's Hero (Snowgum Creek #1.5)

Pastry chef Serena Blaxland isn’t staying in the small Australian town of Snowgum Creek. She’s there for her sister’s wedding, and to help out at the family B&B until her mother’s arm heals. Sparks fly when the handsome driver of their bridal car saves Serena from disrupting her sister’s perfect wedding day.

Harry Westmore’s dream of becoming an equine vet was put on h
Published January 26th 2016 by Narelle Atkins

To ask other readers questions about The Bridesmaid's Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bridesmaid's Hero

-Hope By the Book Reading Challenge: Flowers on cover
-Popsugar Reading Challenge: A book that includes a wedding
Ian
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely romance based on two strong characters: Serena Blaxland and Harry Westmore who meet on the day of her sister's wedding. He happens to be the driver of the wedding car Serena is assigned to. There is a family connection already through his mother working for her parents and it's not long before the two mums are planning a wedding between the two.

However, there are some very practical matters that need to be resolved before any romance can truly develop between the two smitten lo
June
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Narelle Atkins stories. And this one was no exception. Love reconnecting with characters from previous stories though her books are great as stand alone's. And it's always fun to read about the land down under. Serena and Harry were great main characters. Some comedy, some struggles and some sacrifice to move along the power of love.
Sally
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella by Narelle Atkins. It comes right after Falling for the Farmer in the Snowgum Creek series, but can be read as a standalone. A sigh-worthy hero sweet romance for an afternoon read.

Serena Blaxland is a bridesmaid in her sister's wedding. From the bride's friend causing problems to Serena suffering a wardrobe malfunction, her hero comes to the rescue. But she's just met him. Can he be the man she's been searching for and not knowing it even though they just met?

Harry Westmor
T. Rosado

5 STARS!

(Sigh) What a lovely romance and utterly sigh-worthy. This is a beautifully written novella with the perfect amount of details, conflict and a wonderful HEA. What I really enjoyed was the courtship. It didn't feel rushed or leave me with wanting more. That can be a hard thing to accomplish within the confines of a novella, but Narelle Atkins succeeded and then some. On top of that, we get to visit Australia and get a taste of their life. I'm looking forward to reading more about life and
Susan
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the story of Harry and Serena. I liked the characters and their story. I couldn’t decide whether to laugh at or be frustrated by Harry’s and Serena’s matchmaking mothers. Harry and Serena had to figure out how to make their relationship work when they lived so far from each other. Harry had to decide whether to follow his head or to follow his heart and trust God. I would recommend this book.
I was given an e-copy of this book in the Love Blossoms collection in exchange for my ho
Stacey
Sweet Christian romance set in romantic Australia. A friend's wedding has a few unexpected glitches which introduces bridesmaid, Serena, to chaffeur, Harry. In the weeks following the wedding they grow deeply attached. However, both have dreams that separate them by miles; can their love build the trust needed to bridge the distance and help them cross in faith?

Clean, cozy romance, filled with faith. Events happen quickly in this story , but it is a novella and that should be expected. I read t
Bhriv
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Bridesmaid's Hero, written by Narelle Atkins, is the first book I've read by this author.  I think my favorite character was Harry.  His father died when he was a teenager and left his family in debt, so he was unable to go to college.  He lived with his mom and yet worked multiple jobs just to make ends meet for he and his mom.  Driving as a chauffeur was one of his jobs, that is where he met Serena.  You'll enjoy this read as you read about them going their friendship all because of a brok ...more
Crissy
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Having a family wedding really close the title caught my interest. Loved that this story mentioned the wedding but it was more about what happened to the bridesmaid who was trying to make sure the bride's day was perfect. It then moved to her and all the changes that she was experiencing in her life and how when she wasn't paying attention her hero becomes a much larger hero.
Debbie
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had the honor to review this wonderful book for the author. When Serena comes home for her sisters wedding she never expected to meet someone like Harry. Watching Serena and Harry's relationship grow is truly remarkable. You can feel God working throughout this whole book.
Robin
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful love story. I really enjoyed learning a bit about Australia from this story. The characters were very easy to get to know and their stories, individual and together, kept the story moving along. I highly recommend this story. I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Cathy
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This novella was sweet with a swoon worthy hero. There was a pretty big conflict to resolve between the H and h. Even though it was short, it did move a little slow for me which took it to 3.5 stars. I received an ARC for the anthology this story was a part of in exchange for an honest review.
Wilani Wahl
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Delightful quick read taking place in Australia. I loved this novella. It is well written and I fell in love with the characters.
Nancy
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweet Romance

The Bridesmaid's Hero is a sweet romance set in Australia. I truly enjoyed the setting and reading about a country I've never had the pleasure of visiting.
Carolyn Miller
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great premise, realistic characters, believable romance, set in the picturesque foothills of the Australian Snowy Mountains. What's not to love?
Melody
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. The characters were likable, and it kept my attention. I most definitely will be looking into the rest of the series!
Nicki Edwards
Isamom
rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2016
Odell
rated it did not like it
May 09, 2016
Oct 13, 2016
Sonia
rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2016
A fun loving Aussie girl at heart, Narelle Atkins was born and raised on the beautiful northern beaches in Sydney, Australia. She has settled in Canberra with her husband and children.

A lifelong romance reader, Narelle found the perfect genre to write when she discovered inspirational romance. Her contemporary stories of faith and romance are set in Australia.