Start by marking “Strangely, Incredibly Good (Strangely, Incredibly Good, #1)” as Want to Read:
Strangely, Incredibly Good (Strangely, Incredibly Good, #1)

Strangely, Incredibly Good

(Strangely, Incredibly Good #1)

On the day Cat Glamour decides to start an exercise routine, the last thing she expects is a modern-day Genie to pop out of her Wii machine. Unfortunately for Cat, her Genie is somewhat unreliable in his wish-granting capabilities. In a series of hilarious misadventures, he sends Cat to a castle in France and back in time 20 years in an attempt to solve both Cat's weight ...more
Published January 14th 2016 by Graceful Publications

To ask other readers questions about Strangely, Incredibly Good, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strangely, Incredibly Good

Start your review of Strangely, Incredibly Good (Strangely, Incredibly Good, #1)
Tracy
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If there is just one book you read this Summer, make it "Strangely, Incredibly Good".

"Strangely, Incredibly Good" is one of those fun reads you can't put down. From beginning to end, this story is a delightful read that had me giggling out loud more times than I can count! Full of adventure, heart and humor, you can tell Heather had a great time writing this.

The main character, Cat Glamour is a woman we can all relate to on some level. She has had her ups and downs throughout her life but she
Elisa
Jun 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the interest of full disclosure, I have known Heather Grace Stewart for five years and consider her a good friend. I’m also a fan of her poetry books. So I was excited when I learned she was writing a novel, and nervous when she asked me to review it. It’s difficult enough to be critical of a fellow author’s work, but even more difficult when that author is also a friend. I already knew the novel’s premise (and loved it), and we had discussed it occasionally during her writing process. Thus, ...more
Angela
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance, magic

When I heard thatHeather Grace Stewart was writing a novel, I was eager to read the result. I have been a fan of her poetry for several years and wondered if I would like her change of genre.

Strangely, Incredibly Good is a light, fun read; in fact, the ideal holiday book! With its mixture of magic, romance and reality, there is plenty to keep most readers turning the pages avidly. This short novel introduces us to the character of Cat Glamour. She is in her late 30s and has several problems in
Danny Brown
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Theoretically speaking, I shouldn't have enjoyed this book since I'm a guy, and we all know guys don't read "chick-lit". Yet to call "Strangely, Incredibly Good" chick-lit would be limiting its scope and appeal - it's much more.

The main character Cat is one of these people you immediately connect with - her fears, paranoias, past mistakes and pessimistic outlook on a life that's been so hard on her. Then she meets a genie from inside her Nintendo Wii, and life will never be the same again...

Kennyc
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished Heather Grace Stewart's Strangely, Incredibly Good and wanted to share what a great read I found it to be.

If you like a main character with plenty of depth, Cat is your girl. She's been through a lot and now finds herself single and lonely. Her weight is rising and her self-esteem plummeting. Too embarrassed to go to the gym, she works out using her WII gaming console until something strange and incredible happens. Maybe that's where the title of the book comes from. Who knows.

I
Kristen
May 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately this book was not good. I was not a fan at all. First off: talking shit about someone because they are skinny and you are not, does not make you skinny (I know, shocker). Assuming everyone in a gym is there for fun or chit chat and must have no idea what it's like to be overweight is ridiculous. Saying thin people don't have to work hard or don't understand is preposterous. Guess what, once you lose weight, you look just like the skinny people you were making fun of, and then what? ...more
Melissa
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the way this book took reality and fantasy and mixed them together into a really fun light read. Just the type of book I love and just when you think there will be a predictable ending, in sneaks a little unexpected twist...great summer read for relaxing at the beach but I couldn't wait that long to finish it...
Georgia
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it from beginning to end

Who doesn't love to cheer on the under dog? From the tragic beginning s thru life's twists. This was a page Turner. I loved the thought put into how to turn this path around. Funny!
J. Dorner
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The main character calls herself fat throughout the book. (In fiction, that is a diverse body type.) "The problem was, I just couldn't hop out of bed. That would require energy, and a sense of hope." That line speaks to the chronically ill, the depressed, the overweight, etc -- it works on so many levels. Later, however, she's able to do physical activities just by changing her attitude. Increasing her strength and dexterity just by believing in herself. (If only that worked in tabletop RPG... ...more
Kerry Sharp
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reccomended

Well thought out. The characters are alive and vibrant they drive the narrative which otherwise could have been boring but is nobly carried.
The social commentary never overwhelms it supports the story arc.
Part of a series but even though open ended it has a satisfactory conclusion.
A good and reccomend read.
OhWell
A contemporary version of a genie granting wishes, although my favourite story on the topic remains Neil Gaiman's in A Calendar of Tales.
I guess most people can relate to some aspects of Cat's experience, with being overweight at the top of the list:) Grandma ended up being my favourite character.
Sandee
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ereader
I enjoyed this book. I liked the hero Cat who hides from life. I liked the story and the characters were all well-developed. What I didn't like was after Cat's life started changing. There were places where she seemed to forget her children which was very out of character. After that point the story was a bit uneven. But overall, I enjoyed it and will read the next in series.
Carol
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, all my dreams come true. a genie in a bottle who can do magic things LOL
Ahh, but the real life intervenes.. boo hoo..

Really enjoyed this story and look forward to the finale in the next book :)
Ben Wolfe
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I forwarded it on to a producer in the movie industry. I felt it could make an interesting made for tv movie.
Judy Christiana
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book that I have read by Heather Grace Stewart. I love her writing style. The story flows so smoothly. Her characters are very well developed and after the first chapter I was totally engrossed in the story and I was so interested in the main character's life. (I can tell you I have read books that by the end I did not care what happened!)

This book has an element of fantasy and time travel, which I am totally okay with. (One of my favorite books is A Knight in Shining Armor.
Annabel Krantz
This quirky, modern twist on a genie-in-a-bottle fairytale surprised me. I wasn’t sure what to expect from a story about a man popping out of a Wii machine, but was pleased to find an unexpected story unfold throughout this short but sweet novel.

At first, I was a little worried about Cat throwing her wishes away on material things, and that the book was perpetuating the myth that skinny is successful. However, I soon realised that Strangely, Incredibly Good was curve-positive – enforcing the
Carole Davey
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quirky

Silly but cute. It's a quick read that will make you smile. I like a book that leaves me in a good mood.
L.M. Justus
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
Highly entertaining, packed with humour and a dash of deeply moving moments, Strangely, Incredibly Good is a fun and refreshing read.

The premise of the book is hilarious - I mean seriously, a genie coming out of a Wii? Brilliant! I love Heather Grace Stewart's sense of humour, and she did such a great job of making the main character relatable. You'll laugh at Cat's escapades and cry with her too. The grandmother is a hoot and I absolutely loved her; she's so supportive of Cat, but also just...
Julie Clark
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure whether I'd enjoy a modern day fairy tale involving a genie, but I'm so glad I gave this book a shot! Heather brilliantly manages to draw you into Cats life and I quickly found myself rooting for her to find her happily ever after. I'm so pleased the book ended as it did. Fantastic, fun, easy read and I'll be downloading book 2 immediately!
Arianna Merritt
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel is just as the name describes: “Strangely, Incredibly Good!” It was a perfect summer beach read that I couldn’t put down. Absolutely LOVED it! I’ve described it to friends as part Bridget Jones, part Aladdin with a Canadian Twist. Can’t wait for the sequel to keep following Cat on her path to self-discovery. Congrats Heather on an empowering first novel!
Linzi
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-authors
The first book I've read from this author. I borrowed it on my amazon prime library for free and it was hilarious.
Easy, fun, light very funny and with a heart. Recommend it if you're looking for something to make you smile.
Amanda Walker
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun read!

Cat is depressed. Her life isn't the way she imagined it to be, and she still carries guilt from an accident 20 years before. In an attempt to get in shape, she plugs in a Wii and turns it on. The trainer that shows up is actually a genie who has been locked inside the machine. Her adventures with this new man change her view of herself and where her life is heading.

Mary
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I light quick, humorous read.

This book allows all of us who have or magnify our faults to have hope that we Can improve. She gets an inept genie to help her, so she really is doing it for herself. It also reminds of of how huge problems in high school really weren't easily overcome and we should have more faith in ourselves.
Jo Forrester
Apr 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Sweet but had sad moments

I love a funny lighthearted romance. But this story also had a lot of heartache. Katherine has survived the death of a sweetheart, a disastrous marriage and obesity. If there's anyone who deserves a genie it's her. This wasn't a typical story but it was still a good one.
Helen Carey
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading a few predictable books, I decided to give this book a chance because it sounded different. I am SO glad I did! It was funny and different - who knew genies could be romantic? Looking forward to reading the next book in the series!
Marty Rutherford
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this book, it was such a fun read I could not put it down. I definitely recommend this book
Jerriann Burgess
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
A genius novel

I loved this book and couldn't put it down. It's all about correcting mistakes in life. We would all do that if we could, I am sure. Cannot wait for the next book.
Carlin
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
I thought this book was "Strangely, Incredibly Good"! It was more than I expected, LOL funny, poignant and redeeming. This is the author's first novel but I hope not her last.
Nerieth
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Catchy

I just enjoyed since the beginning to the end. I think the necessity of reading a next part. And damn, I need a Gene for myself.
Sheila fitzhugh
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's A Goodread!

Took awhile to get in the groove but soon I couldn't put it down. Kinda strange but really very good and funny!

• The Tycoon Murderer (Remington Mansion Mystery Book 1)
  • A Honeybun and Coffee (Honeybun Heat #1)
  • City of Masks (The Bone Mask Cycle #1)
  • Gladly Beyond (Brothers Maledetti #1)
  • Broomsticks and Burials (Magic & Mystery #1)
  • My Kind of Perfect (Friends Like These, #3)
  • Demon Child (Clem Starr: Demon Fighter #1)
  • Arsenic in the Azaleas (Lovely Lethal Gardens #1)
  • The Dark Rift: The Supernatural Grail Quest Zombie Apocalypse (The Last Artifact Trilogy Book 1)
  • Rose Petal Graves (The Lost Clan #1)
  • The Inventor (Penny Green #4)
  • Ink Witch (Kat Dubois Chronicles, #1)
  • The Captain's Bluestocking Mistress (The Dukes of War #3)
  • Camp Lake (Carson Chronicles, #5)
  • Yesterday's Gold, Complete Series (Yesterday's Gold, #1-5; Now and Forever Western Time Travel, #2)
  • Eleos
  • The End of the World as We Knew It
Heather Grace Stewart is a Canadian author, poet and journalist who writes fast-paced, humorous and touching romance novels. "The Ticket," a romantic comedy inspired by a true story, became an International Kindle bestseller and is garnering attention from film and TV producers, along with Strangely, Incredibly Good, a Finalist in the TaleFlick Discovery Book to Film Contest. All of her novels are ...more

Strangely, Incredibly Good (2 books)
  • Remarkably Great (Strangely, Incredibly Good, #2)