Start by marking “How to Trap a Leprechaun” as Want to Read:
How to Trap a Leprechaun

How to Trap a Leprechaun

The perfect storybook for boys and girls of the parents to capture the spirit of the Irish or make St. Patricks Day special.

Legend has it that if you catch a leprechaun, hell grant you a wish. But, be careful! Leprechauns are full of trickery. To catch one, youll need to be clever in crafting your trap. Grab some glitter and glue and get prepared for your wily holiday
Published February 7th 2017 by Sky Pony

To ask other readers questions about How to Trap a Leprechaun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Trap a Leprechaun

Start your review of How to Trap a Leprechaun
La Coccinelle
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
This is the only St. Patrick's Day-themed e-book at our local library that I could find. I was hoping for a little more substance. As it is, this book assumes the reader will have some previous knowledge of leprechaun lore. (The note at the end suggests teaching kids a bit about Irish folklore ahead of time, which is probably a good idea. I just wish this book had done that!)

Rhyming text is set off by cute and colourful pictures depicting a group of children trying to catch a leprechaun. This
Lindsay
Ooh, a not horrible holiday book!!
Ashley
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great candidate for a storytime close to St Patrick's Day. It rhymes, and it has ideas for activities about creating your own leprechaun trap in the back. Nice resource for teachers, and a fun, imaginative story. Pre-K to grade 2.
Monique
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, children
Cute holiday book with nice illustrations. Instructions for a leprechaun trap are included in the back. ...more
Peacegal
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Hip, cute, and colorful story. It wasn't formatted very well in e-book, but I think the paper edition will make for much more enjoyable reading.
Casandria
The illustrations in this are adorable! And I love the idea behind it--letting kids' imaginations run a bit wild. The author's note at the end encourages parents to let their children build their own "leprechaun traps".
Kathryn (Nine Pages)
Review first published on my blog, Nine Pages .

This book has only one kind of trap that it suggests setting for a leprechaun who will grant wishes and give you his gold: a cardboard box with gold-painted rocks as a lure, a rainbow slide to mark the gold, and glue on the rocks to keep the leprechaun from escaping the lure. This leprechaun, Liam, tells the kids, a diverse group, not to fret that he escaped but to go enjoy St. Patricks Day and to try to catch a leprechaun again next year. The text
Ami
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
My boys loved this book. We've set a number of Leprechaun traps over the years and our only disappointment in this book was that there weren't really new ideas on how we can improve our traps, but they loved that our experiences were so similar - gold painted rocks, boxes and sticky floors, even a shoe and a note left behind!

We also loved the fun, colorful illustrations, although I will admit that the biggest giggles came from the fact it looked like the leprechauns were farting rainbows. :-)
Mary Uhles
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book to read for a holiday that often just passes by... unless you remember to wear green. The rhyme is sharp and spot on and the gloriously colorful illustrations are fun to explore. My favorites were the dark spreads when the leprechaun makes an appearance. This is a delightful read that will make a fun St. Patrick's Day bedtime romp.
Anthony
Step by step instructions on how to trap a leprechaun and remove him of his treasure. Leprechauns can be tricky, but according to this book, if you follow theses steps to the letter a leprechaun you will trap.
Steffanie
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
A really cute rhyming Leprechaun picture book! The pictures are gorgeous, the story is great, and there is information about the folklore at the end of the book! I will definitely be able to use it for storytime.
LizzyBerry
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
So hard to find St. Patty's books for storytime so when this one popped up on B&T I had to order it. It didn't disappoint! I'll be using it next week for storytime.
Tracey
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An adorable story.........perfect rhymes, colorful illustrations and a craft activity at the end will engage kids!
Jeannette
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
There are not many St. Patrick's Day picture books around. This one is very cute. I think that every child who reads or hears this book, will want to build a Leprechaun trap!
Joy Lane
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e, holiday
Cute for St. Patrick's Day
Holly Stone
a cute, quick book for kids of all ages Happy St Patrick's Day
Angela
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Really fun book for St. Patrick's day. Good leprechaun activities in the back matter for educators and parents
Jennifer Strong
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg so cute!
Meghan Edwards
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun story, great illustrations, rhyming text is enticing.
John
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like this book because they tried to catch a leprechaun and you'd need a perfect gear, and you'd actually need real gold (not fake), and sometimes they disappear in a wink, if you wink!
Sarah Wiwchar
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: PreK-Grade 1
Shelves: read-with-kids
Read with Kindergarten. It rhymed. It was decent.
Ms Threlkeld
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Fun lead in to making leprechaun traps.
Chelsea
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
*WRITE REVIEW*

Read during school visit (25R) on March 7th, 2019.
Read during school visit (F-PB) on Tuesday, March 12th, 2019.
Read during school visit (4A) on Wednesday, March 13th, 2019.
Read during school visit (4B) on Wednesday, March 13th, 2019.
Read during Preschool Play on Friday, March 15th, 2019.
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: storytime
Yes! A St. Paddy's picture book that will work for storytime.
Rachel
Mar 17, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• How to Catch a Leprechaun
  • Hello, World! Ocean Life
  • Click, Clack, Moo I Love You!
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover!
  • Facts vs. Opinions vs. Robots
  • I Am Not Afraid To Fail (Persistence Project Book 1)
  • Willy the Dinosaur & the Magic Cake: (Children's book about a Dinosaur Who Learns that Sharing is Caring, Bedtime Story, Picture Books, Ages 3-5, Preschool Books, Kids Books, Dinosaur Books)
  • Pete the Cat: The Great Leprechaun Chase
  • Are You Ready to Play Outside? (Elephant & Piggie, #7)
  • Chicken Talk
  • Green
  • I Am Human: A Book of Empathy
  • Cock-a-Doodle-Doo-Bop!
  • Every Color Soup
  • Not Your Nest!
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Frog!
  • Frankencrayon
  • A Crankenstein Valentine
Sue Fliess ("fleece") is the bestselling author of Robots, Robots Everywhere! and How to Trap a Leprechaun, and more than 25 other children's books including Mrs. Claus Takes the Reins, Mary Had a Little Lab, A Fairy Friend, Tons of Trucks, and many Little Golden Books. Her books have sole over 850,000 copies worldwide. Her background is in copywriting and PR/marketing, and her essays have ...more