Start by marking “Bound To Fate (Bound Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Bound To Fate (Bound Series Book 1)

Bound To Fate

(Bound #1)

Lara Johnson is coping with the emotional scars of losing both parents in a tragic incident and facing the challenges of starting a new school. Getting involved in a relationship isn't on her priority list. Certainly not this illicit desire for a man, who demands the best from her, yet leaves her breathless in his presence.

All Ike Thomas wants to do is to keep out of
Published January 24th 2016 by KT Press

To ask other readers questions about Bound To Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound To Fate

Start your review of Bound To Fate (Bound Series Book 1)
Ezinwanyi
I really enjoyed this book because the location and culture resonated within me. The storytelling was vivid and descriptive, that I felt like I was watching a film. I can't say that I considered this story a love story as much as a story about growth, hope, survival and second chances.

Lara Johnson moved to live with her Aunt in Enugu (Nigeria) with her younger sister after a tragic car accident left them orphans. The transition was rough for the introverted Lara, who was still having nightmare
Ebony
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!!! Seeing Lara's progression through loss, love, pain & healing as well as Ike's growth as a man, moving past expectations of others & just learning to do what made him happy, made me really appreciate the character development. I can't wait to see where Book 2 goes!!! Thanks for a great read!!!
Empi Baryeh
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bound to Fate starts out with a forbidden love between Lara and Ike. Their attraction is instant and mutual, and their romance is sweet. I found myself rooting for Lara and Ike from the moment they met even when their relationship was forbidden. I couldn't wait to see how their innocent love progressed to a HEA.

As we all know, young love usually faces some challenges, and this is no different. Lara and Ike are in different spaces in their lives; being together would come at a cost that may be
Chasia Lloyd
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Set in Nigeria, Bound To Fate is a sensual tale of star-crossed lovers with deep wounds falling for each other and struggling to actually get together.

The first half of this book was a bit hard for me to get invested in - a student/teacher relationship where the emotional details of actually falling for each other are glossed over, leaving only the physical, left me uneasy. I didn't really care much for their relationship's resolution since I didn't know either Lara or Ike.

Fastforward to the
Oluwakemi Babalola
Bound to Fate is a bittersweet story about forbidden love found, then crushingly lost in the most brutal way. Without giving too much away, it is the story of Ike and Lara who find love at a point in their lives when they both need each other the most but societal rules and the actions of unsavory characters conspire to keep them apart. This is not your typical Kiru Taye novel of overwhelming passion and hot steamy sex; this book deals with sensitive issues faced by a large number of people in ...more
Becky
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lara is starting over with her sister. After their parents death they moved to their aunts in a new city. Her first day at a new school is terrifying to her and when she meets her teacher, she can't believe how gorgeous, and young, he is.
Ike Thomas is working on a year internship at a high school as a geography teacher. His new student has captured him, everything about her he can't resist. They begin a forbidden romance that he ends abruptly and devastates Lara. That night changes her for the
Nana Prah
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a book that can take me through a range of emotions. The fear elicited by an inappropriate crush (which I secretly wanted to succeed because it was so much more than a crush). Hope for the heroine who had been through so much in her life. A chastisement for the hero who should’ve known better and yet followed his heart anyway. Raw anger at characters who were downright wretched.

Bound to Fate ended up being different from what I’d anticipated, but it a good way. The harsher aspects gave it
Henza R.
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why I love this book?
The story is about hope, survival, forgiveness and moving on. We're all bound to our past and memories. And they have an impact on our present and future lives. It is about embracing our past knowing you can't change it.
This story is about a woman who lets love heal her wounded soul.
This story is about a man willing to fight for his love.
This is a story about an enduring love.
Maria Angie Mendoza
This is not your typical romance novel! It is a heart wrenching, heartfelt story of love, loss and forgiveness. Lara moves to a new town, new school following tragic events and falls for the wrong person. However, societal norms and expectations prove that love is sometimes ugly and complicated.
sjoyce
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: african-american
Disastrous Desriny

The book was a good read. However, it was a slow read. You knew the back stories for all of the characters but they were not as developed as they could have been. The plot was thin. There was no intrigue because you knew who "did it" from the beginning. Being set in Nigeria made it different from other books of this genre. The ending was rushed.

This book was average when it could have been excellent. Even though the couple received the HEA, there were things left unresolved.
Jodee
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful read. It shows you how one decision can affect the rest of your life.

Lara is a very brave and strong young lady. Ike, even though I didn’t like him all the time in the book, he is a very caring man and you can feel his concern for Lara.

I had never read anything by this author before, and honestly I picked it becaus of the cover. I was not disappointed. The author did a wonderful job with the story it caught at the beginning and help me all the way through. I can’t wait to read the
Ebony
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love wins

This was a challenging love story. Sweet, innocent Lara experienced so much loss in her life. When she finally saw some light in her future with Ike...it was forbidden. I enjoyed that this story was based in Africa and different from the typical American surroundings in most books I read. The ups and downs Lara and Ike experienced to finally conquer love were rough, but worth the read.
Isaiah
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Hmm

Don't really know what to say about this one. Nice explicit sex scenes, very nice woven plot, and on occasion funny. However, the story seemed to drag at some places and rush the next. I'll read the sequel because the author can craft a story. I just hope the next book has a steady pace.
Sonya
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Ike was a compassionate man!

I enjoyed the connection shared between Lara and Ike from beginning to end. The dedication between Ike and Henry along with Lara and Ada is to be commended. This is a great novel but the reason I rated it as a three is because of the amount of grammatical errors aligned in the story.
Ruth Foreman
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Bound to Fate. It felt like I was reading about someone who went through this experience and was retelling the story. It was so hard for me to stop reading it because I was so keen on finding what exactly that night. I love how Ike did not give up on her from day one. Great story line
Denise Morrow
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down

It was a great book very descriptive I felt like I was in the story. It was also filled with emotion it also has some suspense about what had happened in their lives. With the help of the Doctor they were both able to over come their fears.
Mildred L.
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The One

Fate has a way of placing us where we need to be when we least expect it. I loved the story. It made me realize that there is someone waiting for each of us whether we yesterday or 10 years ago. LOVE will find its way to you.
Cassandra Yieng
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is powerful and moving. Well worth the time reading.

It reminds me of The Bride Price, another African-themed novel I read in Form 2 while others picked the more popular books during reading class. That "unpopular" book changed my life.
Liza
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it! Great drama, love, and passion.
Dynette M.
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story is just as the author described her writing, however, there are quite a few distracting typographical and grammar errors.
Latoya
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I love reading about ike and lara story, a little sad what happen to Lara, but i am glad Malcom got what he deserved. And Gloria will be getting hers next.
Lady Champ
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bound to fate

I like it because of the love and fate. Fate brought together a love that couldn't be broken. Great work of art!
Radiance Martin
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Romance at its Best

A truly romantic read between two people who are truly in love with each other. Time is on their side.
C
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Forbidden love

Forbidden love leaves to making all the wrong decisions. Great change of location, Nigeria yea! I did feel that the ending was rushed, but good.
Love Africa Book Club
I have to make a confession… I love Kiru Taye’s writing, so from the start I have to say I am a fan.

Until now I have always read her books for pure leisure/pleasure and this time the reading was to review to story so I did have to take a different approach – stand back and see it as a piece of work – pull it apart a little bit to check if it holds together.

This is a story in two parts with time in between. What I did like straight away was that this was not about two people who meet, fall in
Sophia
Feb 23, 2016 marked it as dnf-set-aside-for-later  ·  review of another edition
DNF at Chap 6

I have read wonderful reviews for this author and I wanted to try an African romance to expand my horizons. I picked this one because it was also a new adult story and I wanted to try more of those.

The story is set in Nigeria. Lara and her sister are in high school and have just suffered the loss of their parents in a car crash. They are living with their aunt now and attending a new school. Lara is the serious studious type and her sister is a social butterfly. Lara makes a friend
Red
May 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Disclaimer : I received an ARC of this book in exchange of a review. So here it is!
I don't usually like teacher/student romance. This one was no exception, although it wasn't too bad. The problematic relationship didn't last too long and wasn't really the main aspect of the story although it did affect some aspects of it. Mostly, I just didn't felt the romance between the two lead characters was believable to begin with : it started out as a student crush and I never really bought into Ike's
Chantel DaCosta
I did not like this story. I hope to read other books by Kiru Taye, this was not the best introduction.
Amaka Azie
Sep 19, 2016
Nicole
May 05, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Someone to Watch Over Me (The Thorntons, #5)
  • Love On The Low (secret love series Book 1)
  • Carpool (Milford College, #1)
  • Single Dad's Waitress (Main Street Single Dads #1)
  • Ariel, Always Enough (Iron Orchids #1)
  • Kodiak's Claim (Kodiak Point, #1)
  • Sinful Seduction (Twins of Sin, #1)
  • Studmuffin Santa (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #1)
  • Newly Wed and Slightly Dead (A Touch of Magic Mysteries #1)
  • Love, Lies & Consequences
  • Bound by Secrets (Cauld Ane, #3)
  • Bruised (Bruised #1)
  • Senn (Cocky Cage Fighter #5)
  • Something So Perfect (Something So, #2)
  • Irresistibly Played (Brothers in Revenge, #5)
  • Family Drama boxset: 1-4
  • Mace (Cocky Cage Fighter #4)
  • Getting It On The Down Low
As a lover of romance novels, Kiru wanted to read stories about Africans falling in love. When she couldn’t find those books, she decided to write the stories she wanted to read.

Kiru writes sensual stories featuring African characters whether on the continent or in the Diaspora. When she's not writing you can find her either immersed in a good book or catching up with friends and family. She

Bound (4 books)
  • Bound to Ransom (Bound Series, #2)
  • Bound to Passion (Bound, #3)
  • Bound To Favor