Start by marking “The Keeper (Crossing Realms Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Keeper (Crossing Realms Series, #1)

The Keeper

(Crossing Realms Series #1)

Nick Geary, jaded clan leader of human guardians the Keepers, is doomed to love a human woman who’s forgotten him, time after time, for thirteen years: Libby Klink, a skittish accountant who’s as terrified of her recent and strange intuitions as she is of her mundane existence.

When Nick is ordered by the clan’s guiding force to seek Libby’s help in defending the clan again
Kindle Edition, First, 194 pages
Published April 27th 2016 by Soul Mate Publishing (first published April 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Keeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Keeper

Start your review of The Keeper (Crossing Realms Series, #1)
Lonna | FLYLēF
FLYLēF Book Reviews

Original Post: The Keeper at FLYLēF (www.flylef.com)

The Keeper is an entertaining first installment in Rebecca E. Neely’s Crossing Realms series. From the very first page, I am swept into an intriguing and mysterious realm of ancient magic, fierce warriors, and dark forces, in a fast paced, action-packed paranormal adventure.

For a relatively short novel of less than 200 pages, I am impress that Ms. Neely is still able to create a solid world with carefully constructed details that left me wi
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
The story starts off with Libby wanting more from life. She's living a dull existence and her anxiety prevents her from making any moves to change. However, a bunch of traffic and a hot stranger shake things up for good. She finds out about an entire existence of people and learns that she is much more than meets the eye. With newfound hope and a new lease on life, she finds herself with great purpose and a chance at a love of a lifetime.

Nick and his clan are Keepers, who protect humans and live
Carrie
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Nick Geary is the leader of a clan of Keepers. The Keepers are meant to help out humans whenever they can and often come to the rescue of those in danger when they receive transmissions from the Watchers from another realm. Humans have no memory of a Keeper when coming in contact with one but Nick and his clan are normal hardworking members of society when they are not looking out for humans.

Nick gets a transmission that he needs to find Libby Klink and bring her back to the Keepers, that she wi
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 3.5 Stars *****

I'm a little disappointed. The blurb sounded so intriguing, but things just didn't do it for me.

In the beginning, Libby thinks she's just an average girl with nothing special. She is scared of taking risks and leaving her conform zone. When Nick enters her life, she decides that she is done playing it safe. She will help the war between the Keepers and the Betrayers.

I love stories about strong females, but I couldn't connect with her. Even the fight scenes weren't that gre
Susan Hampson
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the series and it definitely got its foot in the door. I really enjoyed reading this book because it takes place in our present day world. Watchers, Keepers and Betrayers walking among us mere mortals while we go about our lives unaware of the influence and control they can have on us. While Betrayers are sort of like unseen whispers encouraging us to do bad things, the Keepers are the counter balance that encourage good deeds. Betrayers are pretty wicked and can drain ...more
Elaine
This is a definitely different paranormal fantasy adventure. Forget werewolves and vampires, this story has Keepers, Watchers and Betrayers . . . The Keepers are guardians of mankind, endeavouring to protect them from harm, whilst the Betrayers promote vicious, unkind acts, feeding on the negative energy they produce and the Watchers, obviously, keep watch on what’s happening, endeavouring to send the Keepers to protect humans from the Betrayers and evil doers.

Libby Klink was on her way to work,
Jolie
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
A mysterious group of people are meeting on the top of a mountain to discuss certain events that are happening in their realm. Events that could be disastrous to their people if not stopped. The only way to stop/change the events are to set in motion a series of events that could help them or could mean the end of their people.

Meanwhile…..

Libby Klink is stuck in the mother of all traffic jams, late for work and about to have a huge panic attack. She has severe anxiety of driving because of the a
Angala Fox
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. This was a great paranormal romance full of suspense. I loved how the author made these characters fall in love amidst hard times. I can't wait to read the other books in this series.
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This is a great paranormal romance story full of action and suspense and I really enjoyed reading this! Nick is what is known as a keeper and his entire life is dedicated to protecting humans and keeping them safe from a race known as the betrayers who feed off the negative energy they evoke in humans. Nick is the leader of his clan and has a responsibility to his people to put their and humanity’s needs before his own. Nick has always done this without question and has never faltered in his nev ...more
Jo Dawson
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Keeper is a fast and furious paranormal romance that introduces us to the Keepers, Betrayers, and Watchers – all in a role to save or destroy humanity - without humans even aware of this other world around them. Finding herself living a shell of a life without any knowledge of the world around her until Nick steps in to save her – and opens her eyes to the other world around her and love as well!

Full of adventure and some romance, this book is quite the escapade! I thought Libby’s easy acce
Angela Kalnins
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Keeper by Rebecca Neely

Libby Klink is a mess. She suffers from severe anxiety, takes too much crap from her boss, doesn’t have a relationship and appears to be losing her mind. Then along comes Nick, a stranger who hops in her car while she’s stuck in a traffic jam and boom(!) her life changes in an instant.

I liked this story. But, I didn’t love it. There were so many unanswered questions and I finished the book feeling…unsatisfied. For example:

Nick Geary is a Keeper—not quite human but… wha
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

Well written and a “I can’t put it down” type of story. The Keepers live all over the country and keep humans safe from the Betrayers and the mayhem they spread. The Watchers live in another realm, an alternate dimension and keep track of what is happening. They send “compulsions” to the Keepers, telling them where they are needed next.

Libby is just an average human going to work everyday and hating every minute of her job. Today is even worse. She is late and caught in a traffic
Nickole
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
rvcd an advanced reader copy by giving my two cents. we meet libby, a nervous wreck stuck in a traffic jam when a handsome man comes walking down the middle of the street right at her. shes freaking out when he taps on her window but then miraculously she has a vision of her father when he was still alive. she knows this guy is involved and teh next thing she knows hes in her car. nick is a keeper, who was sent a message to get to libby and keep her safe. he tells her that and she doesnt know wh ...more
Kristin
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Exciting new series

This is normally isn't the kind of story I read, but I thought I would try it and I'm so glad I did. I loved the characters and the story. In a way, this as a fall from grace feel to it. There are Keepers, who I saw as guardian angels; Watchers that I saw as God like since they watch and tell the keepers who help ; and then there are the Betrayers, who I saw as fallen Keeper. You also have Nick, who is a Keeper, and Libby...who is a mix of Keeper and Betrayer. They have to wor
BP34
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Libby is a human who holds the key to everything. She is having a panic attack while stuck in traffic. Driving always causes problems as it brings back memories of the wreck where her mother is killed. While stuck in traffic a man taps on her window and later gets in her car. He is a Keeper who is bringing her a message. She then sees a vision of her father. There were three groups of paranormals: the Keepers, the Betrayers, and the Watchers. A romance develops between Libby and Nick. This is th ...more
Marzena
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very good start to the series of paranormal romance that kept me on my toes.This story is about love which bloom in the midst of the battle between good and evil. The characters were both realistic and full of depth. Suspense, love, betrayal and redemption. I'd recommend this! I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book
Karen
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very Good, well-written paranormal/romance/suspense book. The storyline grabs you and keeps you in its grips. I thoroughly enjoyed this story and would like to read more of this series. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Barbara Strickland
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good read
This was easy to enjoy, with lovely characters, a strong world-building and some good action the novel flowed. It is the first in a paranormal series but does not leave us feeling on the edge of a cliff, but has enough intrigue to keep us interested.
Becky Rhoades
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one, it was a different feel of what I'm used to reading with paranormal and supernatural books. A crossover of both clans as well as being human at the same time. A short read but it grips you and makes you want to read more.
Laura Ruetz
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a decent paranormal romance story. I liked the beginning, as somebody with anxiety, I really felt connected with Libby in the beginning of the story. The character of Libby and Nick were nice and the story was good. It is dialogue heavy vs action. I would have liked to have seen more of the story told through actions and plot developments than just straight dialogue. The writing is clear and easy to read, but it felt like it lacked a little development. As the first book in the series, ...more
LuDena
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keeper

An awesome first book to the series . I look forward to reading " Watchers " the next book in the series .
Marielle
May 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: b-arc, a-e-book
3 stars. This keeper is a paranormal romance wrapped into a short neat action package.

This author created a world where humans are protected by Keepers, they in turn are being watched over by … yes, Watchers and they are both being betrayed by… yes, betrayers. The names may not be very original, but I liked the simplicity. And I think that simplicity made room for the romance, the sense of family, the tension building and the action that were the focus of this story.
The story pulled me in from
Ria
My Review
The Keeper was a very unique read. The author introduces two worlds with one gal right in the middle. This story holds the classic good versus evil undertone. I wasn’t too sure about this book at first but the synopsis made me want to give it a shot. I did enjoy it…I had a somewhat difficult time connecting with the characters but I’ve had a full plate in my personal life so I can’t in good conscience dock the author for that. I’m going to have to hold to the classic it’s not you it’s m
Casia Courtier
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
I received an ARC of this book through NetGalley for an honest review. I was not compensated in any way.

I am on the fence about The Keeper. There are parts I liked and there are parts that I wish were done differently.

The Keeper is the first book in a paranormal romance series. Keepers are a group of people (as human as they can be) who Keep humans. I don't mean slavery kind of keeping, I mean these people help humans out. They are your good samaritan guardian angels that you briefly remember o
Gwyn Plummer
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fresh take on the age-old story of fallen angels, good vs. evil, heaven vs. hell, this unique story with it’s flawed, yet lovable, characters was quite intriguing.

Libby demands attention without demanding it. She can barely get to work without her anxiety pills, and what’s worse is she has a job she hates – thanks to her void-of-people-skills boss. She’s suffering the recent loss of her father, and the long ago loss of her mother. She’s pretty much alone, until she meets Nick- again.

Nick’s alw
Jeannie Zelos
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
The Keeper,  (Crossing Realms Series 1),  Rebecca E. Neely

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  Romance, Sci-fi and Fantasy

I really wanted to like this book, it sounded so intriguing. sadly though it was a fail for me, I couldn’t even finish it :-(

Libby – I just couldn’t get over how accepting she was. When she first meets Nick, running late for work and stuck in traffic he’s walking down the middle of the road towards her. Does she think – “ wow what a berk”? No – its “ Libby, let me
Aly
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have not read anything from this author before. This was not a bad start to a series for me. The magic and warriors and dark realms took me on a great adventure. I feel like this book was a face-paced very adventure for me with a lot of action. I think the magical world building was intense and kept me wanting to read more. I was caught up in a good book all the way through. * I received this book from the author ---this is my honest review*
Ryan Summers
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This cover says it all: what is waiting at the end of this dark, mysterious passageway?

Libby Klink and Nick Geary, a very unlikely pair. She’s as human as you and I, he’s a Keeper– as close to human as possible. The Keepers are human helpers, moving among us as needed, lending a hand against the evil forces at work. They sure stay busy with all the craziness in our lives today.

Ms. Neely did a superb job creating alternate realms and deep characters and explaining the paranormal elements. I do wi
Carissa Lynch
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was the first paranormal romance book I've read in a while, and I must say I was impressed by the world building and imagination in the concept behind it.
There were three groups of paranormals: the Keepers, the Betrayers, and the Watchers. The author explained this well; the details just flowing right into the story without seeming like an information session.
I enjoyed the romance between Nick and Libby, but I loved the overall story more. There's a lot of action, and definitely held my in
Llaph
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf, ctr, woo-woo
The story is well built, with the explanations and descriptions interlaced into the story neatly, making it so you learn as Libby does. Ms. Neely created an interesting new world with the Keepers, Watchers, and Betrayers, do not let the plain sounding names fool you; the actual beings are a lot more intriguing. Libby is definitely a character to admire and her strong will she has in spite of her anxiety, disappointments, and being frightened by the unknown. It was heartbreaking to see how Nick a ...more

• TORN: Death Dealers MC
  • The Beginning: Marked and Betrayed (House of Night, #1-2)
  • Untamed (House of Night, #4)
  • Bad Girlfriend (Extended Novella)
  • Undeniably You
  • Raven Series: The Complete Collection
Raised on a down home blend of Johnny Cash, Jack London, Sherlock Holmes, the Steelers, and all things small town, Rebecca feels blessed to have grown up in a close knit, fun loving and artistic family. Her mother, a voracious reader and scratch cook, and her father, an entrepreneur, English teacher and lover of literature, taught Rebecca and her brother to work hard, aim for the stars, and live l ...more

Crossing Realms Series (3 books)
  • The Watcher (Crossing Realms Series, #2)
  • The Betrayer (Crossing Realms Series, #3)

News & Interviews