Start by marking “We Wish for a Monster Christmas” as Want to Read:
We Wish for a Monster Christmas

We Wish for a Monster Christmas

We wish for a furry monster,
A big, hairy, scary monster,
Our own stomping, chomping monster, for Christmas this year!

Dear Santa: please bring us a MONSTER for Christmas! This hilarious parody of the traditional carol stars two siblings who want something just a little more special than the usual toys for their Christmas gift. Mom and Dad refuse—so they appeal to a
Published October 3rd 2017 by Sterling Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about We Wish for a Monster Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Wish for a Monster Christmas

Start your review of We Wish for a Monster Christmas
Alison
Fun. Good end papers. Decent and amusing rhymes.
Tonja Drecker
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This tale takes on an original Christmas wish—a hairy, scary monster—and insures tons of fun.

A brother and sister are ready for Christmas, and this year, they have something special in mind. They want their own monster. Since they were very good children the last year, Santa is more than happy to fulfill their request. The result isn't quite what the kids hoped for, and they have their hands full.

Quirky humor is key in this tale, which follows the familiar Christmas carol, We Wish You a Merry
N.
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of We Wish for a Monster Christmas from Sterling Children's Books. The story of two children who wish for a monster for Christmas and get what they asked for (but find that monsters are troublesome), the book has a rhyming pattern that matches that of the song "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". You'll need to read through it before reading it to children to familiarize yourself with the rhythm because . . . well, at least near as I can tell . . . it's a little unpredictable when ...more
Dena (Batch of Books)
When some kids wish for a monster for Christmas, their parents start to worry. When Santa agrees to give them a monster, the parents have a full-blown panic attack. Monsters are messy. They destroy things. But soon, the family figures out how to take care of their monster and save their sanity too.

My kids always love books about monsters, even when it’s not Halloween. So a monster Christmas book was right up their alley. This book is perfect if you’re looking for a non-traditional Christmas
Jana
This is a fun holiday book that shares with young readers the joy of owning a big, furry monster. Sung to the tune of “We Wish You a Merry Christmas”, two children desperately want a monster for a Christmas, and even write a letter to Santa requesting one. When the monster arrives, chaos ensues. Lively, digital illustrations make this a terrific picture book to share with young readers during the days leading up to Christmas.
Melanie
A hilarious tale of a brother and sister who ask Santa Claus for a pet monster for Christmas. Santa decides it's a good idea and sends one on over. Mom and Dad are having fits, but the kids are loving it. It's a grand old time until the monster just creates too much havoc in the house and is banished to the back yard. The kids get used to this new change but decided they need to ask for 500 monkeys for Christmas the following year.
Story Monsters Ink
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a fun-loving, brightly-colored, and greatly-illustrated story about two siblings who want something just a little more special than the usual toys for their Christmas gift, to the happy tune of “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.” Its lighthearted beat is sure to bring giggles and the lyrics will make this a favorite sing-along for the holiday.
Angie
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the pictures
Ms. Jeane
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Be careful what you wish for!
emyrose8
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute. I kept trying to sing the words to the tune “We Wish You a Merry Christmas”, and it kinda worked sometimes!
Lupine
It's cute enough. The illustrations are great.
Nancy
Guess I'm just not a fan of destruction and mayhem without consequences. The end papers are cute.
Beth
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read aloud to the tune of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas."
Jess El-Zeftawy
Jul 13, 2019
Heather Seely
Jan 03, 2018
Terry
Clever, funny, and sure to stick in your head! Before you even turn to the title page you've got great endpapers to explore. Don't skip them. They get the giggles going early and set the stage for the story.

Keep reading to see why we recommend this as a buy for your home library.
Jgulliks

• Mission Defrostable
  • There's an Elf in Your Book
  • That's What Dinosaurs Do
  • Here Comes Santa Claus
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas (Toot & Puddle)

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Sue Fliess ("fleece") is the bestselling author of Robots, Robots Everywhere! and How to Trap a Leprechaun, and more than 25 other children's books including Mrs. Claus Takes the Reins, Mary Had a Little Lab, A Fairy Friend, Tons of Trucks, and many Little Golden Books. Her books have sole over 850,000 copies worldwide. Her background is in copywriting and PR/marketing, and her essays have ...more