Start by marking “Even Superheroes Have Bad Days” as Want to Read:
Even Superheroes Have Bad Days

Even Superheroes Have Bad Days

When Superheroes don’t get their way,
when they’re sad, when they’re mad, when they’ve had a bad day . . .
. . . they COULD super-tantrum, they COULD but they DON'T,
because REAL Superheroes just WOULDN'T—they WON'T!

All kids have trouble getting a grip on their emotions, sometimes—even young superheroes! But what do they do when they’re having a bad day? Colorful action-packed
Published September 6th 2016 by Sterling Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Even Superheroes Have Bad Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Even Superheroes Have Bad Days

Start your review of Even Superheroes Have Bad Days
Jon(athan) Nakapalau
If superheroes have bad days just think of the tantrums they could throw! Great lesson for little children when they are having a bad day - sure to help mom and dad on days when they are cast as supervillains!
Dena (Batch of Books)
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
My kids love superheroes, so it's no surprise that they enjoyed this book. It's about controlling your emotions and not letting your anger or frustration get the better of you.

When superheroes have bad days do they end up hurting people? No. They could, but they don't. Instead, they channel their frustrations into doing good deeds and helping others. By helping others, the superheroes lift their own spirits as well. You can change your outlook and change your day simply by being kind
Diz
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
This children's book focuses on how to deal with negative emotions. It delivers the message that what is truly heroic about superheroes is that they channel their negative energy in positive ways. The original superhero characters are fun and interesting, and the illustrations are beautiful.
Tonja Drecker
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Packed full of power, this book grabs kids' attention, while showing them how to handle sour emotions without blowing up the entire world in the process.

Superheroes have bad days, but if they throw a tantrum even super villains have to run and hide. Through action packed illustrations, the problems superheroes have to control their bad emotions becomes crystal clear. But they do it (after all, they are superheroes) and this book gives a peek into their emotion controlling secrets. ...more
Jocelin
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Picture that let's us know that "Superheroes" are people too! I think we forget that most of our favorite heroes are human and they have human emotions. This was a picture book that was definitely written with adults in mind.
Abigail
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Superhero-Obsessed Youngsters / Children Who Struggle With Anger & Frustration
Although superheroes have bad days just like the rest of us, they don't use their superpowers in a destructive way, no matter how badly they are feeling. So the narrator of this rhyming picture-book romp assures us, describing all the chaos they could cause, but don't, because superheroes "just wouldn't."

An entertaining look at the negative emotions that accompany a really bad day, from anger to grief, Even Superheroes Have Bad Days offers a positive super-heroic example for young children on
Jamila
Shelves: read-alouds
Pretty cute, my kids rated it a 4
Jillian
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I remember one of my first steady babysitting jobs - a 4-year-old who loved all things Power Rangers, and was bound and determined to grow up to be the Red Ranger someday. And I could get that kid to do *anything* if I told him that it was what the Power Rangers did. "You know, I bet the Red Ranger always eats his breakfast so he's strong enough to fight the monsters." "Power Rangers pick up their toys." "Have you ever seen the Red Ranger yell at someone that way?"
Man oh man, if I'd had th
Marfita
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
They could be pretty destructive if they have a bad day, but superheroes are better behaved than that. The rhyming text is reminiscent of Jane Yolen's dinosaur books with a touch of Dr. Seuss, but that doesn't hurt anything. And the superheroes remind one of The Incredibles - but have neat little touches here and there (the frightened cat on the roof and the police celebrating with donuts - oh, and laser-eye guy toasting a marshmallow with his laser vision - hahahaha!). A good message in a fun f ...more
Deborah Bruss
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is a winner. I'm not usually drawn to picture books that feature superheroes nor cartoon-like illustrations, but this one captured me. I found the rhyming clever and not forced; the illustrations were fun. Though there wasn't a narrative, the action was imaginative enough to keep the reader turning the pages. There was an obvious lesson contained in the story, but it didn't feel didactic because the humor was so fresh and clever.
Becky
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Seriously one of my favorite books! This is one that will go on my children's shelf because when those emotions arise we all have choices to make, and this one gets us thinking about which choice is the best for those around you. The lesson is fantastic. The pictures are great. It's rhyming and cute. Definitely a 5 star book!
Yehudis
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good! Very interesting premise; it's a very important theme that is not given much attention to in other childrens' media. My kids loved the charming rhyme and my son went crazy over the superhero theme!
What a fantastic way to give kids the tools that will enable them to be a real superhero in their own life!
Amy Lafleur Meyers
What do superheroes do when they have a bad day? Shelly Becker shows what they have the power to do if they are miserable, but do they wreak havoc when they're upset? Is there another better option for their behavior? Becker's illustrations of superheroes gone bad are especially hilarious. Fun way to model good behavior for kids.
Allison
Considering we had zero good superhero books a year-and-a-half ago when we had the Collaborative Summer Library Program theme of Superheroes, this is awesome! It's clever and fun, and the kids will love it.
Beckie
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-with-connor
Great book on how to react to your feelings when things don't go your way or someone makes you feel bad. Using Superheroes to show taking the higher ground seemed to hit home with my son. We've used some of the situations in the book in real life when he's having a bad moment. Highly recommended.
Emphasizes that your actions are a result of your choices, not your feelings

Text to text: Tough guys have feelings too

Lesson: Don't do something permanently stupid because you are temporarily upset.
Mary Luzader
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
How fitting that I happened to read this the day after the election. I think everyone could benefit from reading something like this. It's okay to be upset, to frown, to sigh, to cry. But you pick yourself up and get on with your day.
Julia
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My kids and I LOVED this book! Loved the message and theme.
Alexandra Chauran
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended by a child advocate. This opened up an opportunity for me to talk with my daughter about her anger.
Amy!
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Too long for me to ever want to use it in storytime, but I loved the different depictions of the superheroes.
Jenny Fiero
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My elementary school students relate to the story and enjoy drawing the heroes. Great message and artwork.
Jennybeast
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute. Decent anger management philosophy, with some suggestions on how to redirect. Older kid.
Brittany
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great message and diverse illustrations!!
Nanci Booher
Rhyming text and pictures that look like the book is from the 60's, this is a very fun book!
Rachel
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm sure a lot of little boys love this book, but I (a 27 year old female) did not, lol. I mean, it wasn't BAD but I just wasn't fond of it. I didn't really like the superhero names either like "beastie" and "icky", I mean come on what do they even do? I laughed a little when they were all doing yoga but otherwise it's not for meeee.
Clwseattle
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Even Superheroes Have Bad Days is perfect for it's age group. It acknowledges the emotions we have when things go wrong (which is so important for little ones to learn to identify) and it shows how to turn those emotions into positives. The pictures are funny and will capture a young interest, because what kid doesn't love and want to be a superhero? I love that the illustrations are not the 'famous' superheroes but more like the little ones imagine themselves to be when the make their own supe ...more
Tracy Morton
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This superhero book discusses how you have to still be a good person even when your temper is up and suggests some things that you can do. I am using it for a Superhero program but obviously it would be good for teaching a message.
Ashley
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Superheroes can control their temper! My angry 4 year old needs this book!
Penny
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story for all! How to keep those strong bad feelings in check is always helpful. Thank you Shelly for the wonderful story and thank you Eda Kaban for the great illustrations!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Dinosaur vs. Mommy
  • Supertruck
  • This Is Not A Book
  • The Good Little Book
  • Hooray for Today!
  • Fruits in Suits
  • A Busy Creature's Day Eating!
  • The New Small Person
  • Dirty Gert
  • Everyone Loves Bacon
  • Accident!
  • Hap-Pea All Year
  • This Book Will Not Be Fun
  • Duck's Vacation
  • Do Not Bring Your Dragon to the Library
  • Quit Calling Me a Monster!
  • Beep! Beep! Go to Sleep!
  • We're Different, We're the Same