Start by marking “Go Tell It on the Mountains (Sugar Tree, #3)” as Want to Read:
Go Tell It on the Mountains (Sugar Tree, #3)

Go Tell It on the Mountains

(Sugar Tree #3)

Years have gone by since the death of Noah, his special needs son, and Wiley Cantrell realizes it’s time to move on. He and his husband, Jackson Ledbetter, try to adopt little Tony Gorzola, a deaf boy with HIV who is emotionally traumatized.

Difficulties quickly set in. Tony is a sweet boy but very damaged by abuse and neglect. And Tony’s mother, in prison, is unwilling to
Published February 22nd 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Go Tell It on the Mountains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go Tell It on the Mountains

Lena♥Ribka
3,5 stars

The first two books in the series blew me away. I love them both to pieces.

It is why I was delighted to hear that the author decided to write one more book in the series.

Now when I finished it, I can't say that I loved it as much as I loved the previous books. Actually I have very conflicting feelings about it.
There were a lot of moments that reminded me WHY I loved this series so much, and as always I admired this special talent of Nick Wilgus to make readers cry and laugh on the same
Alona
I'll let you in on a little secret-
How do I know I LOVE a book I'm reading?
At night, when I get ready to read in bed, I brush my teeth like every night, but unlike every night- I'm in such a hurry to read, that I do not floss!
It's rare, but it happens.

Last night I did not floss!

The blurb tells you some of the heartache you are about to experience, but there's more, a lot more.
Tony, OMG, I have no words to even start to describe what I felt while reading about this sweet, and so broken little bo
Jenni Lea
Jan 25, 2016 marked it as imma-big-ole-chicken-bawk-bawk

OMG, I put this on my TBR before I ever read the blurb.

What. The fuck.

Noah?????

I may be too chicken to read this one.
Erika
If you know me, you know that the last thing I'd want to do is to read a book with a strong focus on kids. Well, every book in this series has a very strong focus on kids, and families and doing right by your family, no matter the odds, and I loved every minute of them.

I can't really say too much about this book right now except to say that it made me laugh, it made me cry more than once, sad tears and happy tears and sometimes happy/sad tears at the same time (like now).

I'm just a wreck right
Sandra
As usual, I begin my review with my notice to you that this isn't a romance. This is a family drama about an established couple, Wiley Cantrell and Jackson Ledbetter, who've been together for many years, and who've both seen heartbreaking tragedy and loss.

I begged for an early copy, and Nick graciously provided me with one, before the book was even listed on Goodreads, before I had even seen a cover or a proper blurb.

I didn't care. I've been waiting anxiously for this book to arrive, waiting wi
Christy
I'll be honest and admit I was scared to read this third book in Nick Wilgus's 'Sugar Tree' series. Not because I thought it would be bad…oh no! But because Noah is gone, and I loved that little boy so much. I couldn't imagine being back with Wiley and Jackson, and no Noah, since the heart of the first two books really was the love between a father and a son. I knew the author was going to break my heart all over again, so I'll warn you now - bring tissues, you'll need them.

"He taught me how to
Arch Bala
"There is no other love like a father's love for his child."

Storytelling at its best!!!
Becky Condit
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book with a true HEA that leaves you gutted and crying? You might think the two things are incompatible but … well, let me begin at the beginning. I’ll start by saying this is a love story, but it isn’t a romance. There is a difference, as you will discover. And it does have a Happy Ever After ending, or as close to that as it is possible to get without a crystal ball.
Go Tell It on the Mountains is book three in the Sugar Tree series. This series of stunning books tells the
Lala
Jan 25, 2016 marked it as to-read
What the hell?? Noah????

I'm not sure I want to read this...
Susan65
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
By far, one of the most heartbreaking stories I’ve ever read. And what makes it even worse is that we’d gotten to know, and love, these guys through the two previous books, and with all the pain they’ve suffered, it’s just unimaginable that it not only continues, but gets a lot worse. There is no big surprise because the blurb itself is a big neon warning sign. If you go into this unprepared, that’s on you.

But, this is also a story of second chances, unconditional love, moving forward, and creat
justanya

Title: Go Tell It On the Mountains Author: Nick Wilgus Publisher: Dreamspinner Press Reviewer: Anya
Release Date: Feb. 22, 2016 Genre(s): MM Contemporary Romance Heat Level: 2 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5

Absolutely BRILLIANT! Read this series! You won't regret it.
Words cannot express how much I love these characters.
My heart seized when I read the burb. It’s hard reading the words: "Noah’s dead.” Noah, Wiley’s adorable son stole my heart the minute Wilgus described him. There were so
JR
To quote Charles Dickens "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair" .

The years have pasted but Wiley and Jackson are till haunted by the death of their son Noah. Now in Boston visiting, they decide to adopt. There is one little hitch, the boy Wiley want
Ryan
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I read the synopsis for this book, I almost didn't buy it. I, like anyone else who "met" him, fell in love with Noah, and couldn't imagine his father without him.

I just finished the book about ten minutes ago, so this won't be a long review, but I had to put out there that I'm very glad I read the book. Not having Noah around broke my heart, the pain his daddy and papa dealt with was almost too heavy to shoulder, but little Tony, and Amelia, gave me hope for this family.

Tony can't replace
Angela
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love love love
Cheryl
OMG, shouldn't have read that first line. This one is going to hurt, but its been pre-ordered at DS.
Deeze

Well I asked for a really happy HEA and I got it, (I hope.)

I knew going in this was gonna be a tear jerker and that was exactly what I got, but I also got love and humour.

Wiley and Jack never cease to make me smile while making me want to bash their heads together. A more complicated but realistic couple I've yet to meet. They are in love of that there is no doubt, but they don't have smooth sailing all the way. They have troubles and they can sometimes be insensitive to each other. But they don
Suzy
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars-reads
I have absolutely loved every book in this series.

This was such an emotional read but I didn't want it to end. Amazing writing, amazing characters - love Wiley!
Michael Frei
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Just wow!!!!

Great more crying....lol! A sweet touching, heartbreaking story of love,redemption, unconditional acceptance....and this author always makes me cry! No fair!
D
Jan 28, 2016 marked it as to-read
I have to know what happened to Noah. Gotta know, gotta know. :(
K
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
So, I read all three books in this series in a row and this is going to be kind of an amalgamated review.

They are very much family drama rather than m/m romance - though there is a relationship between Wylie and Jackson it's about much more than that.

Wylie is a struggling author, bringing up his son Noah, a meth-baby whose mother abandoned him at birth. Noah is also deaf and has various congenital issues which affect his health - that doesn't stop him though - and in the first book his aim is to
PaperMoon
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I’m writing these thoughts almost 5 days after completing the latest offering in the “Sugar Tree” series - my emotions being more in check and my thoughts more settled. What can I add to the plethora of reviews making almost universal comment on being in tears and wracking with laughter alternately throughout the reading – yup … happened to me too. But then I guess that’s is to be expected since the previous two titles (especially Stones in the Road) had exactly the same effect on me – one could ...more
Kara
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
So I will start of this review by admitting that I have read book #1 in this series and loved it but I did not read book #2 before this one. But I felt like this book Go Tell It On The Mountains caught be up enough with what happened in book #2 that I did not feel lost at all.

Jackson and Wiley are trying to move pass the pain of losing Noah their son. They want to adopt Tony who has health issues and is emotionally traumatized due to things his mother let happen to him. No sooner then being app
Carnell
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Carnell by: PaperMoon
So many things happen in this book that I don't know where to start...I think when I read Noah was dead and Wiley and Jack were thinking about adopting I wondered how the author was going to do not to make me feel like they were trying 'to replace' him. I didn't have to worry though because he handled it perfectly well. Tony and Amelia are adorable AND Wiley and Jackson's grief was so well described, felt so real that I never thought for a second that they were going to forget Noah with their ne ...more
Lucia
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, abuse, disability
I really loved this series!!

Even though there was a lot of humorous banter between Wiley, Jackson, and their families (which I admit, at times I could see how it was a little offensive to some reviewers) it was also a tearjerker with several serious topics: meth addiction, child sexual abuse, HIV, unwanted neglected children, deafness, death, etc.

My heart just hurt for everything Wiley, Jackson, and these poor kids went through but you know a book is great when it makes you cry (quite a few ti
Tina
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have a headache from crying buckets. I don't know if Nick Wilgus has ever experienced the death of child, but he sure got the emotions right in Go Tell It on the Mountains, with heart and gut-wrenching accuracy. A beautiful end to the story of a family I have loved getting to know.
Elci
Feb 01, 2016 marked it as to-read
Read the blurb, started to cry. Just no. Oh Noah... *wails*
Gina
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I loved this book!

Major tissue alert on this book.....
Ricardo
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent book. I didn’t think it was as good as the first two but it was still extremely good. The author has a superb command of writing, with an easy style that manages to mix humor with drama and more serious subjects. The characters are as always very well drawn and they jump from the page, making the readers feel like they are next door neighbours. I thought the plot was a bit too heavy on the emotional string-pulling this time but that’s just my personal opinion. Overall, an excellent, en ...more
Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
REVIEW @Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words

I fell in love with this author’s stories since I read Shaking the Sugar Tree, the first book in the Sugar Tree series by Nick Wilgus. Although all his books left me a mess, they are addictive and I always wanted more. If you haven’t read the series yet and you are planning to do it, please do not go on with my review, you don’t want to know what happens in the third book now.

That said, as you can read from the blurb, this story takes place years after S
Simon
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nick Wilgus has that rare and talented ability to make me cry and laugh out loud whilst on the same page! How does he do that?
I loved this story, but out of the three in this trilogy, it was my least favourite. Was this because Noah is no more and Wiley and Jackson are on a mission to replace him with another challenged child? It's hard to say....I do know that although Noah has died by the time we reach this novel, Wiley's heart is still as big, generous and unconditionally loving as it was and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
The Backlot Gay B...: Skaking The Sugar Tree series by Nick Wilgus 2 14 Mar 11, 2016 03:49PM
  • Fallen Angel
  • Thárros
  • Raining Men (Chaser, #2)
  • Coming Back (Belladonna Arms #3)
  • The Scarlet Tide (Duncan Andrews Thrillers, #3)
  • A Solitary Man
  • The British Devil
  • Stronger In Your Hands (The Making of a Man #3)
  • Hanging by the Moment
  • Violated
  • Billionaire with Benefits (Romancelandia #2)
  • The Invasion of Adam (Tork and Adam, #2)
  • Michael, Reinvented (Delta Restorations, #2)
  • Spring Affair (Seasons of Love, #1)
  • Anthony (Survivor Stories, #4)
  • The Return (The Austin Trilogy, #2)
  • 151 Days (Tales from Foster High, #6)
  • Off the Beaten Path
I sold my first short story to The Horror Show Magazine at the age of seventeen and I've been writing ever since. An award-winning movie was based on my first novel, MINDFULNESS AND MURDER, and I was also nominated for a Lambda Award.

A former newspaper editor and author of more than a dozen novels and two screenplays, I currently live in Tupelo, Mississippi right down the street from the house wh

Sugar Tree (3 books)
  • Shaking the Sugar Tree (Sugar Tree, #1)
  • Stones in the Road (Sugar Tree #2)
“I had to use the blow dryer this morning to unthaw my privates.” 2 likes
“Well, it’s like they say,” Mrs. Ledbetter offered, “if Plan A doesn’t work, the alphabet has twenty-five other letters to choose from.” 1 likes