Start by marking “How to Track a Truck” as Want to Read:
How to Track a Truck

How to Track a Truck

For kids who love trucks, here comes the definitive guide to catching and taming one of your own from the creators of the hit picture book How to Train a Train.

Want a pet truck? Rumble up to this handy guidebook offering everything you need to know. Bone up on habitat: monster trucks like abandoned parking lots; moving trucks live in busy neighborhoods; ice-cream trucks
Published September 27th 2016 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about How to Track a Truck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Track a Truck

Start your review of How to Track a Truck
Candace
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ever wanted a pet truck? This book will guide young readers on how to get their own pet truck. Learn where trucks live (parking lots, busy neighborhoods, construction sites). Discover which trucks travel south and which trucks travel north for the winter. Use orange cones to lure your truck to you. Perform the Universal Truck Signal and wait for your truck to respond. Name your truck and have plenty of room for play time. Soon you'll have your own pet truck to love and to play with.

Similar to
Kellee Moye
Trent gave it 6 stars!
Kristen
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books, trucks
This was actually a pretty cute book about how to catch a truck as a pet. The book was large and therefore so were the illustrations. They really kept my daughter's interest. They were colorful and action oriented.

I thought the length of the book was perfect for a bedtime book. Long enough to have her settle down for bed but not too long that she got bored. The text was really cute: a boy was giving instructions on how to catch a truck as a pet. I especially loved that it described the universal
Lisa D
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cute book! Loved it! Preschool Kids will love it! Highly recommended!
Joanne Roberts
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the original. Absolutely adorable. Author works hard to keep the same feeling, but make the sequel fresh. Clever scenes and energetic illustrations make this a page-turner.
Jeannie
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
My 3YO DS loves this book
Nicola
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Didn't really interest her (neither did their train book).

Miss 4 and I like to explore different books and authors at the library, sometimes around particular topics or themes. We try to get different ones out every week or so; it's fun for both of us to have the variety and to look at a mix of new & favourite authors.
Cassidy Comstock
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
My preschoolers love this book. We have read it multiple times a day since borrowing it from the library. The book has mention of types of trucks, my kids were really more focused on the colors of the trucks. They didn't need a firetruck for example, they just needed a red truck.

I will be looking for How to Track a Train next.
Viviane Elbee
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I love this book, about finding your pet truck.
It's great, and totally reminds me of when my son used to tell me tons of stories about his best friend, named Pick-Up Truck.
Rebecca Gomez
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Kind of silly, but a fun concept for truck lovers.
The Brothers
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: pets, trucks
A very charming rendition of how to get a proper pet, on in this case the "pet" happens to be a truck.

Illustrations are lovely.
Nadina
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books-e
I found this very cute. I think kids who like cars and trucks would enjoy this. The plot was great and I like the way it was executed. The illustrations were lovely. Over all very enjoyable.
Lynn  Davidson
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you ever thought you might want a truck as a pet, first you have to track one and catch it. This book gives you lots of fun tips on how to do that. Great illustrations.
Bonn
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: toddler-approved
My toddler adores these books and the illustrations and format are so endearing for me too!
Angela
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pb
Everything you need to know in order to track, catch, and tame your very own pet truck.
Em
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
My 2-year olds love this book and have read it so many times we may need to add to our personal library.
Emily
Great for a transportation story time. Picture book wonderfully informs and illustrates the care and keeping of your truck. Very nice story
Kate Wilburn
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
My 3.5 year old son and I adored this book. Clever theme and beautiful artwork. Sparked a lively discussion about what truck we would like as a pet.
Lisa
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-kid-in-me
Yet another perfect gift for a car-loving kid - thx JCE! Keep on truckin'
Melanie
A fantastic follow-up to "How To Train a Train."

A young boy explains to readers how to find a pet truck, what kind to look for and how to train them.

Theresa Grissom
If you like How to Train a Train, you'll love this one as well.
Sara
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This is a fresh and fun take on a subject many kids love. Rocco's artwork is warm and vibrant.
Anna Sanders
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kiddie-lit
This boy creates a whole to way to look at pets. Rather a normal animal he suggest a truck. If you are looking for a specific truck this book will help you find it. While most this book takes place in a boy’s imagination it has some very interesting truck facts.
I thought this would be a great books for boy who enjoy trucks and stuff. I particularly enjoy the idea, but wasn't my favorite book.
I would use this in my classroom for the kids who enjoy books about trucks.
Jesse
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
A neat idea, but it didn't really appeal to me, despite the really cool illustrations.
Susan
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Makes much better sense than the earlier "How to Train a Train". (Because, really, trains run on tracks and you can't take them home with you!) John Rocco's witty illustrations make the book
Kid Lit Reviews
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, 2016-reviews
Meet Mike. Mike helps kids find their own pet truck. His style—not his outfit, though it is stylish—is deceptively simple. With a 1, 2, 3 guide, Mike will show kids how they can easily—if they pay attention—track a truck. Along the way, Mike offers tips and hints to help kids have a successful track. The first tip may seem odd. Most kids will go to a pet store for a pet, but not kids who want their own pet truck. Pet stores, curiously, do not offer pet trucks (or, strangely, pet trains).

How to
Becky
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
First sentence: If you want a pet truck--and who doesn't?--you've come to the right person! I've got two dump trucks and a fire engine myself. I think everyone should have one! And that's why I wrote this book. By the time you're done, you'll know everything you need in order to track, catch, and tame your very own pet truck.

Premise/plot: How To Track a Truck is a follow-up to How To Train a Train. This book is all about TRUCKS. The premise is that you--that everyone--really, really wants a
Kate Puleo Unger
Sep 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Based on the book title, I wasn't exactly sure what this book was going to be about. But I loved the smiling kids on the front. And what little boy doesn't love trucks! I know my son did when he was younger. Anyway, this story is adorable. A little boy is talking to the readers and telling them how to track down and catch a truck to keep as a pet.

He talks about all different kinds of trucks with funny personifications, like ice cream trucks traveling south for the winter. This step by step guide
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Eaton, Jason Carter How to Track a Truck, illustrated by John Rocco. PICTURE BOOK. Candlewick, 2016. $17.

Who doesn’t want a giant truck to call their own? The intrepid narrator of the is book takes us step by step for the process of luring and keeping a piece of heavy machinery of your very own.

I don’t know how long Eaton can keep this up, but his second book is just as charming as the first. A must have for any machine loving child.

Pre-K, EL (K-3) – ESSENTIAL. Cindy, Library Teacher
Sheri
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a fun book for boys or girls to find trucks of different kinds. The illustrations are big and colorful. The boy who tracks the trucks is drawn with a lot of personality. All kinds of trucks are pictured from moving trucks to dump trucks, garbage trucks, car transport trucks, snowplows and more. I recommend this to friends with small children or grandchildren.

• If You Ever Want to Bring a Piano to the Beach, Don't!
  • Train
  • Olivia Forms a Band (Olivia, #4)
  • The Tortoise & the Hare
  • There’s a Monster in Your Book
  • I'm Dirty!
  • Lady Pancake & Sir French Toast
  • Sofia Valdez, Future Prez
  • Planting Stories: The Life of Librarian and Storyteller Pura Belpré
  • Good Day, Good Night
  • Who's That Knocking on Christmas Eve?
  • Gaston
  • Just Right: Searching for the Goldilocks Planet
  • Click, Clack, Peep!
  • A Big Mooncake for Little Star
  • How to Babysit a Grandma
  • I Love You Already!
  • The Birds of Bethlehem
Jason Carter Eaton was born in several small towns throughout the United States and one in Ireland. He is the author of numerous children's books, including How to Train a Train, How to Track a Truck, Great, Now We've Got Barbarians!, The Facttracker, The Catawampus Cat, and The Day My Runny Nose Ran Away, which most children thought was a funny story, though it was actually a tragic ...more