Start by marking “Dark Room (Society X, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Room (Society X, #1)

Dark Room (Society X #1)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,034 Ratings  ·  244 Reviews
*~* STANDALONE NOVEL *~*

The rules of Society X are simple . . . break them and you're out.
Rule #1 - No names
It doesn't matter if you want to know, it's forbidden.
Rule #2 - No exchanging numbers
It doesn't matter if you want to call, it's forbidden.
Rule #3 - Everything is to remain strictly anonymous.
It doesn't matter if you want to tell, it's forbidden.
The Dark Room
Published January 23rd 2016 by Books by L.P. Dover LLC

To ask other readers questions about Dark Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Room

The Score by Elle KennedyUndo Me by M.  RobinsonAppealed by Emma ChaseI Pick You by Jettie WoodruffWicked Sexy Liar by Christina Lauren
2016 Romantic Releases (JANUARY to MARCH)
125th out of 286 books — 949 voters
The Exception by Adriana LockeSacrifice by Adriana LockeA Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie ColeBounty by Kristen AshleyWherever It Leads by Adriana Locke
ABWO Readers Favorites
7th out of 20 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Olga therebelreader
4 'X FOR XENA' STARS

This was such a touching and ultra romantic story. It grabbed my attention from the get go and kept me on the edge of my seat. I applaud the authors for giving us the fairytale feeling with the heartstirring use of sex and can say I really enjoyed reading a story that was based on mutual love, respect, trust, friendship. This book really makes you believe in that unconditional, emotional and selfless love that we all want to have at least once in our lives.

About the
Jayme
I had high expectations after fantastic description of the book. Probably it is why I have a quite conflicted feelings at the end.

About the plot: Mia and Parker know each other since years of high school. She had a crush on him ever since, he also felt something for her, but she was the forbidden fruit as the younger sister of his best friend. Their paths spread when Mia met another man. Only after two years when she ended her relationship, she regained the same friendship with Parker.

At the sa
Jen
Feb 07, 2016 Jen rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jen by: Dawn
As soon as I read the blurb for this book I just had to check it out. Then a friend had read it and liked it and I bumped it up immediately..LOL I am glad I did as it was nice to read something a little bit more unique than the same old stories we have been getting lately. I enjoyed "Dark Room" quite a bit, but I four starred it because I expected this to be more "hard core" in the sex aspect than it was. Please don't get me wrong, the sex is hot!; but it most definitely isn't over the top kinky ...more
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
I LOVEEEEE the blurb on this one!! Adding it to my TBR for this week's reading. It's also LIVE on Amazon! http://amzn.to/1nhxnhs <<------ NOW LIVE!! ...more
Jan
Jan 27, 2016 Jan rated it liked it
**2.5 Stars**
Adriana Locke
Jan 24, 2016 Adriana Locke rated it it was amazing
This book hit the spot in oh-so-many ways!
Dark Room is a fun, sexy, twisty read that I devoured. It's a sweet romance set in a sinful spot - the perfect read!
The characters are smart, mature and, most of all, realistic. The pace is fast enough to keep you turning the pages, but unrushed. The plot is engrossing and intriguing and you have no idea how it's going to play out.
And the heat. Good lord, the heat. The sex in this story is hot, but it's the build-up, the anticipation, that will keep you
Jan 24, 2016 Amy rated it it was amazing
There are no words to describe how much I LOVED DARK ROOM. My two favorite authors come together to write an EPIC SEXY story! Parker is off the charts SEXY!! I couldn't get enough of him!
I don't want to say to much without giving spoilers away and that's the last thing I want to do. Everyone needs to have the DARK ROOM experience spoiler free!

DARK ROOM is a MUST READ RIGHT NOW!!
Veronica Laroche
Jan 15, 2016 Veronica Laroche rated it it was amazing
Two of my fav authors coming together writing a book and I was hooked. This is such an amazing book that will have you not wanting to put your kindle down. Parker is so hot that he will become your new BBF. If your looking for a sexy read look no further, this is the book for you.
Tamara
Jan 20, 2016 Tamara rated it it was amazing
Two of the most amazing authors come together to write this hot and steamy story. I didn't know what to expect with Dark Room except that it was kind of like fight club but with sex! I immediately fill in love with Parker and Mia. There is so much to this story but I don't want to give anything away. I need to find my own Society X! I NEED more!!
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Jan 18, 2016 Christine (Shh Moms Reading) rated it really liked it
4 Hot, sexy, and exciting Society X stars!
The Dark Room is captivating and enticing and Parker will make anyone want to break the rules!!
The stories centered around this club are sure to seduce any and all readers..I WANT MORE!
Romance Readers Retreat
Jan 26, 2016 Romance Readers Retreat rated it it was amazing
Firstly this is a standalone, secondly i have to admit this is my first book from either author but definitely won't be my last i will be checking these two authors out.

The plot is based on Parker, Mia and the dark room at Society X club.

I was reading in bed until the early hours as i couldn't put it down, Dark Room is one of the books that draws you in from the first page and has you 100% addicted.

The plot mainly centres on Society X strip club, Mia wants to re discover who she is and Parker is
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Colour me the odd one out. I felt meh about it all.

I didn't find anything to love in this one. There was no cool banter, one liners, loveable characters. It was all just rather bland for me. Even the sex. I was disinterested in the business-world-talk, the added bitch and douchebag ex seemed cliché. I totally didn't get any of the romance, despite them loving each other forever. And the 'forbidden' seemed the mildest form in a story ever.

It was well written, the 'Dark Room' was unique, but seeme
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jan 25, 2016 Beneath The Covers Blog rated it really liked it
Shelves: alison, arcs, 2016-reads
*I received an ARC for my honest review*

Paker - A sexy millionaire who recently went into business with a friend. When his friend offers him a taste of the business there's no way he can refuse. BUT there's a few rules. No names, and no talking can Parker handle the "dark room?"

Mia- Recently single and not looking for a relationship, gets dragged to a friend's bachelorette party at the last place you would ever expect Mia to be at Society X. Will Mia go through with temptations and go to the "Da
Joy
Reviewed for United Indie Book Blog.

This story is incredibly sexy! From the moment we enter Society X the sexual tension is palpable. I loved the hot, sexy, forbidden feel of this story.

This also had one of my very favorite storylines, but it’s played with a twist. Again only adding to the sexiness of this book.

I loved the progress of Parker and Mia’s relationship outside of the club. I appreciated being able to see it grow into what we can clearly see coming but doesn’t take away from the stor
Georgette The "G"
Jan 18, 2016 Georgette The "G" rated it it was amazing
Dark Room...how do I review this one without letting anything about it slip?? That's going to be a hard one.

First of all, the collaboration of Heidi and LP is AMAZING!! You never know in this book who is writing what. They're voices definitely are combined and they bring you to a whole new world for each of them. I cannot wait to see what these two bring us next! They are the perfect combination together!

This book, just wow! Not something you expected. But something you definitely won't put do
Jan 30, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books, 2016
4.5 Society X Stars!

Oh my goodness. This book. As a fan of both L.P. Dover and Heidi McLaughlin, I couldn't have been more excited to hear that the two of them were teaming up to write a book together. I honestly had no idea what to expect, I just knew from the moment I heard about this book, I had to read it. And with each teaser I saw, the more excited I got and the more impatient I got to get this book in my hands. And I gotta tell you, it was worth the wait!!

Told from dual points of view, D
Jill
Jan 20, 2016 Jill rated it it was amazing
*** Society X is a strip club, that offers a little more, if you're chosen, then accepted to become an elite member of Society X. The Dark Room is on of those "little more" Society X offers. Parker Ward, CEO of Ward Enterprises, visits Society X as a possible business traction with it's owner and friend.

Months after leaving a relationship, Mia Hudson wants to find the person she knows she could be. She enters Society X with a friend, for some fun, while hoping to find her old self first. ***

I am
Emmbooks
Jan 28, 2016 Emmbooks rated it it was amazing
I must admit I was pretty hyped to read this. I mean, have you seen that blurb?! I love a bit of mystery in my books. That coupled with Heidi Mclaughlin and LP Dover being authors that I love meant I was buzzed.

Firstly I have to say that the writing here is flawless, you would never guess there are two authors. Certainly not two authors that have kind of different styles. I associate Heidi’s books with more romance and LP with the steamier stuff. They have managed to get the perfect blend of bo
Audrey
Jan 16, 2016 Audrey rated it it was amazing
Hot, steamy, sexy, alluring, yet oh so very sweet! This book reeled me in from the very first page and I was in for the journey of Parker and Mia. I did not stop as I just immersed myself in it and now I can't and won't let go! I am so in love with this story! I don't want to give anything away but you'll want to learn everything there is to know about Society X all the while loving how all the plots and subplots so brilliantly come together. An absolutely amazing, fast-paced, thrilling, sweet r ...more
Erica
Feb 04, 2016 Erica rated it it was amazing
Mia's fresh out of a relationship with a cheating jerk. While attending her friends bachelorette party at Society X she finds there's more to the club than lap dances!
There's a separate club, one where you can go to act on all of your fantasies, even if that fantasy is sex with a stranger in the Dark Room.
Well out of her comfort zone but willing to take a chance, try something new, Mia is chosen to apply for membership. She gets one freebie and then she and her partner will rate each other. If s
Jeanine Walsh palinkas
Jan 16, 2016 Jeanine Walsh palinkas rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just wow. While I always been a huge fan of LP Dover, I'm almost ashamed to admit that this is my first Heidi McLaughlin read! What a great, suspenseful storyline!
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 27, 2016 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
I knew this story was going to be sexy as hell, as licking the cover was my first thought, but it surpassed all of my expectations. Mia has been with her boyfriend for a long time when she discovers he's cheating, and it hurts. Her friends talk her into going to a party at Society X, where there are strict rules to give people a safe place to kink up. She decides to try the darkroom where she can't seen anything, nor is she allowed to speak, and proceeds to have the best sex of her life. Parker ...more
Tash
Jan 28, 2016 Tash rated it really liked it
Reviewed @ Confessions From Romaholics
Review copy kindly provided by author in exchange for a honest review

Dark Room is exactly what you think is about and so much more. Whilst the blurb hints of what the Dark Room is about and who our characters are. There is so much more to this delightful story that made me devouring this book.

Whilst the book centres about the mysterious Dark Room , a room which allows you exhibitions to run wild and be free to succumb to your carnal desires. The story is ab
Emily C
Mar 09, 2016 Emily C rated it it was amazing
Full review to come but what a way to be snowed in!!! Loved it!!!

***WARNING… There are some spoilers in my review but the main one is not too far into the beginning of the story***

Holy Hell!! I just finished Dark Room by Heidi McLaughlin and L.P. Dover and let me tell you I absolutely LOVED it! The premise of this book is something very different than I have read before, making it even so much more enjoyable! I had a hard time figuring out how I could write this review without some spoilers and
Marie- Naughty Moms' Story Time
review logo
Visit My Website | Like Me on Facebook

Rating: 5out of 5 Stars
POV: His & Hers / 1st person
Naughty Factor: 4out of 5

line

I REALLY, REALLY liked this!! The premise of the story was so intriguing that I got sucked into it immediately. The concept of Society X and The Dark Room was so erotic that I was wishing, with each turn of the page, that I could be a member too. I desperately wanted a night of my own in the Dark Room.

The way the story is presented its like we're getting two stories in one. The
Melissa Mendoza
Page Count:
Heat Level: 5 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

The rules of Society X are simple . . . break them and you're out.

Rule #1 - No names
It doesn't matter if you want to know, it's forbidden.

Rule #2 - No exchanging numbers
It doesn't matter if you want to call, it's forbidden.

Rule #3 - Everything is to remain strictly anonymous
It doesn’t
Kim Walker
Jan 24, 2016 Kim Walker rated it it was amazing
I don't know if I should post this review or go and take a cold shower. HOLY MOSES. This book, this is a story I have been waiting for. One that I pick up and cannot put down and cannot stop thinking about it.

I was wrapped up in this story right from the start. These two ladies on their own have written great stories and combining their love of writing together has made one power house of a story. This novel is nothing short of brilliant and it is what I love to see when reading a co-written bo
Jan 20, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
This is gonna be short and sweet so that nothing gets spoiled.

I am already a die hard Heidi fan, but this was my first read from L.P. - gonna have to check her out.

Dark Room was a fun and sexy read. I think part of the fun was not really knowing what to expect going in. The story was unique, and definitely let the opportunity for expansion, which I love.

If you are okay going into a story in the dark then definitely give this one a go.

Jen
Jan 25, 2016 Jen rated it it was amazing
Jen reviewing for KinkyGirlsBookObsessions

I absolutely LOVED everything about this book. I will say that at first I was skeptical about it because it is not something that I would expect to read from Heidi McLaughlin and I have never read anything by L.P. Dover before. But oh man am I glad I read this, I was hooked from the first chapter and couldn't put it down. It was smoking hot with steamy sex scenes, well rounded characters and a stubborn hard headed alph that I LOVE! Bravo! I cant wait for
Debbie
Mar 12, 2016 Debbie rated it it was amazing

Mia and Parker have secretly been in love with each other for years but neither acted on it. Parker because Mia is his best friend's little sister and therefore off limits, and Mia because she never thought Parker saw her that way.

Parker is a wealthy and successful businessman who becomes a silent partner at Society X, an exclusive club where clients can live out their fantasies. After his friend takes him on a tour, he decides he needs to experience the benefits of the club for himsel
  • Hunger (The Seductors Series, #2)
  • Keep It Safe (KIS #2)
  • Playing with Pleasure (The Players Club Book 2)
  • Salvage Her Heart
  • Three Loving Words
  • New Leaves, No Strings (Austin #1)
  • Coletrane (Bad Boys of Retribution MC #4)
  • Her Dom's Lesson (Dominic Powers, #2)
  • Domino Effect (Domino, #1)
  • Unleashed: Volume 3
  • Limits of Destiny (Limits of Destiny, #2)
  • Total Abandonment (Unbearable Passion, #4)
  • Pan's Salvation (Dueling Devils, #5)
  • Ulterior Designs (House of Evans, #1)
  • Love Survives (Love's Suicide, #2)
  • Unblocked - Episode Two (Timber Towers, #2)
  • Possessed: Part Three (Possessed, #3)
  • Broken Until You
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, L.P. Dover, is a southern belle residing in North Carolina along with her husband and two beautiful girls. Before she even began her literary journey she worked in Periodontics enjoying the wonderment of dental surgeries.

Not only does she love to write, but she loves to play tennis, go on mountain hikes, white water rafting, and you can’t forget th
More about L.P. Dover...

Society X (2 books)
  • Viewing Room (Society X, #2)

“I played the game, and now I have to pay the price. I didn’t realize it was going to cost me my heart.” 0 likes
“Does she know you’re in love with her?”
This time I can’t help but smile. If this had been last week, or even two days ago, I would’ve frowned and denied it. Never again. “She knows.”
“And she loves you?” Mrs. Jones asks in a motherly tone.
“She does. We’re going to give us a try and see where it goes.”
“It better go to church for the wedding,” she mumbles as she walks by me with the papers in hand.”
0 likes