Start by marking “Shifting Gears (Crossroads, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shifting Gears (Crossroads, #2)

Shifting Gears (Crossroads #2)

4.03  ·  Rating Details ·  2,374 Ratings  ·  345 Reviews
Rod Nelson is used to being someone’s good time, and that’s fine with him. Spending his days at his adult toy store, Rods-N-Ends, he never knows who he’ll meet. The second Landon Harrison walks in, he has Rod’s full attention. It seems as if Landon wants him too, so why won't the man jump in the sack with him already?

Landon never thought he’d return home to the town where
Published February 10th 2016 (first published February 8th 2016)

Judith
Feb 12, 2016 Judith rated it it was amazing
***5 Stars.......I loved the first book Crossroads and this was even better.....these two are the perfect mixture of sweetness and sexiness

Rod was introduced in book 1 and I just adored him.
He is the owner of sex shop and he's noticed a gorgeous man who seems to be coming into the shop more and more.

Landon has just moved back into the area.He's stuck living at home and is looking for work as a mechanic.With Rod lusting after him big time he asks Bryce ( from book 1 ) if he has any work going as
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

I have mixed feelings about this book. I did not like it as well as Crossroads, but it was undoubtedly a sexy and enjoyable read.

The MCs took turns getting on my last nerve. First it was Landon with his "I like you too much to fuck you" mantra, which I got. Sort of. Then once Landon comes through, Rod (horrible name for an MC) plays the "My daddy didn't love me and so no one will" card. And again, I got it. Mostly.

But these guys aren't teenagers. And there was a point I was over the dual p
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
3.5 Stars!

I have mixed feelings about this one.

I'm torn about whether to round up or down. But ultimately I started skimming some in the end, so down it goes.

My biggest problem with this book....yeah, it was Rod. He annoyed the hell out of me. He was funny at first but then the same joke over and over got old. He had daddy issues, I get it. But at some point you just have to....

...move on with your life, don't let it ruin something good.

Landon wasn't perfect, he annoyed me at times too. More
.Lili.
Jan 23, 2016 .Lili. rated it really liked it

photo lSr4BuRE8Ofn_zps7wcjnnwa.gif

Shifting Gears by Riley Hart is the follow-up book in the Crossroads Series. Rod, whom we met in the first book has now opened his own adult sex toy store- Rods-N-Ends, and it's there he met Landon. Right off the bat, we can feel the chemistry between them, but Landon is hesitant to go beyond friendship afraid it'll mess up the growing friendship between them.

photo image.jpg1_zps9gw9xiv0.jpg

My highlights:

•Rod. He was just as great as I'd remembered. He's sweet and funny. I enjoyed getting to know him better and found myself wa
DW
Jul 19, 2016 DW rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-love
“Are you gay?” “Nope.” Fuck. “Me either. What a coincidence.”

⭐⭐⭐3⭐⭐⭐ for Landon and Rod.

Well.. Where to begin?!?! I liked Landon and Rod but I didn't love them. I just couldn't see them as a couple.

We met Rod in the first book, selling sex toys to Bryce and Nick. He had a crazy fun personality and I immediately knew that I was going to like him. I still like him but I couldn't connect with his character in this book. He was funny and sexy but he has major "daddy abandoning"" issues. Don't get
Dia
5 stars

I read Crossroads months ago and I loved it! Double GFY and friends-to-lovers, just my favorite kind of MM romance.

The second book in this series, Shifting Gears was different: Rod was gay, Landon was bisexual. Rod was very sociable and funny, London was very serious and introverted.

I liked Rod from the first book. I knew I'll laugh while reading his story and I was right.
But this book was so much more than I expected. It was deeper and more heartbreaking than I thought.

The MCs both had
Lyndy Ann ♫
Jan 25, 2016 Lyndy Ann ♫ rated it it was ok
I don't know what it is with me but with some authors when I have read 8-10 of their books I get bored, it happened to me last year with a couple of authors I really enjoyed and I am sad to say this has happened with Riley Hart.

While reading this I did not connect with Rod and Landon I felt nothing for them. I don't even remember Bryce and Nick from book one in this series not like I remember the couples from the Blackcreek series like I only read them last week not years ago.

I feel like each b
BWT (Belen)
Jan 26, 2016 BWT (Belen) rated it really liked it
I love these characters!

Rod Nelson and Landon Harrison both have some pretty deep-seated Daddy issues, with good cause, so this allows for a really well done hurt/comfort/healing arc to the storyline.

daddy issues

I loved getting to see Bryce and Nick (main characters from the first book in the series, Crossroads) living their lives together, still blissfully happy.

There's some humor, some sweet fluffy times, and some really good UST that happens early on, though it doesn't (thankfully) seem to take the guys
Gigi

It's no secret that any book that followed Crossroads had some big shoes to fill. Shifting Gears was a good book and I enjoyed most of it, but the foot was a tad too small.

I'll explain more in my review. I'm off to read Test Drive.
Jaime
5+ Stars!! I F.Loved This Book!!

This is book two in the Crossroads series, and Riley Hart has written a brilliant book! This book has everything, two amazing MC, lots of chemistry, motorcycles, hot as hell sex, dirty talking, comedy, a very hot slow-burn, and supporting characters that we already love! What more could you want? This series is a must read for all! Rod Nelson, he is the life of the party always has a joke and isn't afraid to have a good time, he isn't looking for love only a good
~Kristin~
4 Stars
I'm tired....review to come.

How much longer do we have to wait? You're killing me Riley Hart...and no pre-order, UGH! This is me reverting back to my early teen years!!
R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

Man, do Rod and Landon have some daddy issues - issues that have held them back from forming any kind of attachment, as well as developing nary a relationship. It's quite understandable to see where they're coming from - afraid to hurt or be hurt. Try as they might and despite mostly wanting to be just friends, they can't resist the growing attraction between them.

Thank gawd they finally give into their lusty urges and the results are very, very, nice. I agree with some reviewers - the
Wendy
 photo 801560_zpszhviykcx.gif

Damn...i loved this book !! It was really good ;)

We've met Rod in the first book, he was working at the sex shop that Bryce and Nick visited. He still works at a sex shop...difference is, he is owns it. This is also were he meets Landon. The sexy dude who comes in often to buy lube.

Rod does his very best to seduce the guy, but Landon isn't biting. When he finds out that Landon is in need of a job (he's a mechanic), Rod helps him out by asking Bryce if he knows about a job opening. Bryce is look
Felice Stevens
Jan 23, 2016 Felice Stevens rated it it was amazing
I loved Rod and Landon's story. Sweet and hot but with a touch of heart-rending angst that makes you want to hug them both. A 5star winner!
Denise H.
*** Magnificent romance for two men in need of each other !
Landon's back in town

for his sister's wedding and to stay awhile with his Mom. His Dad walked out and never came back. He goes to Rob's Sex Toy store

for lube and they end up talking. Landon, 30, likes Rod with his tattoo, guyliner and sassy attitude. Rod, 25, tells him where to check for mechanic jobs. He gets the job as motorcycle mechanic at Bryce and Nick's shop. Neither men have had luck with romance, and both have been abandoned.
Vallie
Feb 01, 2016 Vallie rated it it was amazing
5+ stars!

Absolutely loved this! I liked the first book in the series, but this one blew the first one out of the water. Brilliant writing, well developed, flawed characters, dual POV, and hot sex scenes. What more to ask for?

So. Rod is the owner of a sex toy store and Nick and Bryce’s friend from book 1. He is incredibly quirky, full of smart-ass one-liners, an incorrigible flirt, and hilarious guy. But Rod is also very sensitive, insecure, and afraid that he’ll find no one to truly want him fo
Meags
Jan 26, 2016 Meags rated it really liked it
4 Stars

This was an enjoyable addition to the Crossroads series. Rod and Landon made for an intriguing pair. Both men showed a lot sweetness and vulnerability, and both struggled with their own daddy issues, which strongly impacted their growing relationship in poignant and powerful ways. I definitely liked the overall progression and pace of their relationship, from strangers, to friends, to lovers, to everything.

Hopefully, next we get Justin's story (view spoiler)
Debra
May 27, 2016 Debra rated it really liked it
Reading this series backwards and while I didn't like it as much as Test Drive it was still a good read. These two have plenty of daddy and commitment issues, but I enjoyed their friends to lovers story and the hot, hot sex. Now onto book #1 !
Andersón.
Jan 27, 2016 Andersón. rated it it was ok

Oh no...

Definitely this book wasn't for me.

When I find out that this going to be the second book of Crossroad I was so excited, Crossroads it's my favorite book of Riley Hart, and Riley Hart one of my favorite M/M writters.

But god no, I think that was my problem, I read almost everything from this writter, so I couldn't stop feeling disspointed through the book, some scenes was like I was reading a scene from Stay or Broken Pieces and i mean I was expecting something different.

I feel l
Judy
Jan 27, 2016 Judy rated it it was amazing
Must read!!!!
I love Riley Hart and what she does to me!!!

We got a sneak peek at Rod and his quirky humor in Crossroads... well, that was but a taste of what you get here!
He had me laughing out loud quite a bit.

This was not only funny, but a very sweet, friends to lovers story with a touch of sadness added to the mix.

Both men were in uncharted territory. Both unsure and uneasy on how to proceed as 'just friends', but they made it work.

"Just ride it out with me. That's what I'm doing, riding it
Vanessa
Every bit of 5 Stars!!
Jewel
3.5 Stars

While I did enjoy Shifting Gears, I don't think I liked it quite as much as I did Crossroads. I do need to say a couple things, though, kinda bothered me. Things that are way overused in romance novels as reasons one or both MC's insist that relationships aren't for them:

"My parents sucked at marriage, so I obviously will, too" and "my parent(s) hated me, so, obviously, no one else will love me, either".

Every time I see these excuses used in books for the reason MC#1 or 2 doesn't want t
Diana
Jan 26, 2016 Diana rated it really liked it
3.75 NOT QUITE 4 STARS

We met Rod in book 1 as an employee of an adult store that Bryce and Nick frequented. Now proud owner of Rods and Ends, he spends most of his days taking care of his new shop. He has noticed a gorgeous guy that likes to frequent his shop, maybe just a little too much. He strikes up a conversation with Landon and learns that he is just moved back home and is looking for a job. They become fast friends, although Rod is looking for a “friends with benefits” type of deal, Lando
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
I loved the first book in this series, Crossroads, so I was eagerly anticipating this one. While Shifting Gears didn't have that really emotional read, what this did deliver was a little angst, some great humor, some hot man on man and also let us catch up with Bryce and Nick.

Rod was the happy-go-lucky guy that we met in Crossroads, he owned his own sex shop and took life lightly until Landon walks in. Instant attraction and instant chemistry but he is made to work for it.

Both these guys have th
Christina
Feb 03, 2016 Christina rated it it was amazing
OMG!! Rod and Landon were amazing together. I laughed, I swooned, I *died* from the sweltering sexual tension between these two. Rod in particular stole my heart.

LOVE.
Give Me Books
Feb 15, 2016 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
Rod Nelson—who we first, hilariously, met in Crossroads—is an easygoing, feel-good kind of guy. He owns his own sex shop (Rods-n-Ends—which—*snort*) and spends his free time engaging in his favorite hobbies, which mostly consists of sex. Lots of sex. He’s a bit of a horndog, this guy. But in a loveable, goofy, and slightly heartbreaking way.

When Landon Harrison starts making frequent visits to his shop, the two eventually strike up a friendly conversation that sets the course for this entire bo
Santy
May 01, 2016 Santy rated it liked it
Shelves: d-talk, m-m, read-2016
This book was about Rod (from sex-toy store in the first book) and if you remember him, you'd expect it to be hot, and... it was! So so hot. The dirty talk was off the charts. *fans self*

In this story, we got to delve beneath Rod's fun and over the top persona.What we find is a truly scarred man who was hurt deeply and brutally by the one who was supposed to protect him, his Father.

Also, we get to meet Landon, who also got hurt when his dad walked away from his family when he was younger. As a r
Victoria  love books
Jan 31, 2016 Victoria love books rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, audio-mm
Overall book rating: 5 Stars
Audio book: N/A
Book cover: 5 Stars

description

Rod and Landon's story was hot and steamy sometimes sad with a hint of hope and wonder.

description
Trio
So great, I loved these guys - talk about a super fun, relatively low angst, incredibly hot book... well this would be that. Also, I did the audio version and Sean Crisden was fantastic!
  • Out of Nowhere (Middle of Somewhere, #2)
  • Touch the Sky (Free Fall #1)
  • Out of the Blues
  • Retribution (The Protectors, #3)
  • Life, Some Assembly Required (The Rebuilding Year, #2)
  • Strong Signal (Cyberlove, #1)
  • The Half of Us (Family, #4)
  • Promises Part 2 (Bounty Hunters, #2)
  • Us (Him #2)
  • Aced (PresLocke, #1)
  • Full Domain (Nice Guys, #3)
  • Just a Bit Confusing (Straight Guys #5)
  • All These Hidden Scars (Loose Ends, #0.5)
  • Catch a Tiger by the Tail (THIRDS, #6)
  • Broken
  • Strong Side (Eastshore Tigers, #1)
  • Release Me (The Music Within, #2)
  • How to Wish Upon a Star (Howl at the Moon, #3)
Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading.

Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for everyday.
More about Riley Hart...

Crossroads (3 books)
  • Crossroads (Crossroads, #1)
  • Test Drive (Crossroads #3)

“Okay, well now he felt like an ass. “I know. I just…you mentioned the sex and—” “Hey! Don’t blame this on me. I mentioned sex on Friday night. It’s Monday. I’m over you.” Rod crossed his arms, giving him a cocky grin. Landon bit back a smile. “Over me already, huh? That was quick.” “The heart is fleeting.” “Apparently so is the ass.” “Apparently.” Rod” 1 likes
“Sometimes you just had to force yourself to get over shit in your life, or it would rot away inside you until you couldn't be saved.” 1 likes