Start by marking “Right Through Me (The Obsidian Files, #1)” as Want to Read:
Right Through Me (The Obsidian Files, #1)

Right Through Me

(The Obsidian Files #1)

Stranger, speak softly...

Biotech tycoon Noah Gallagher has a deadly secret: his clandestine training as a super-soldier gives him abilities that go far beyond human. Yet he's very much a man. When Caro Bishop shows up at his Seattle headquarters with a dangerous secret agenda, his ordered life is thrown into chaos. Caro is a woman like no other—and her luminously sensual b
Published July 26th 2016

Kathleen
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Release Date: July 26th 2016

Story Rating ~ 4 Stars!
Hero Rating ~ 4.5 Stars!
Heroine Rating ~ 4 Stars!
Villain Rating ~ 4 Stars!
Action Level ~ 4 Stars!
Heat Level ~ 4 Stars!
Ending ~ 5 Stars!
Overall Rating ~ 4, A Great Start To A New Series Stars!

I was SO excited to start on a new series by Shannon McKenna. I’ve been a HUGE fan of hers for a VERY long time. Right Through Me was a really good read for me, I definitely had a hard time putting this book down.

This book was filled with amazing paranorma
Kate's Corner
This blurb sounded amazing…

Genetically modified humans with special abilities. Very cool.

With a somewhat scientific twist to it. Even better.

With a kickarse heroine and an alpha male Hero to die for. Sign me up.

Unfortunately the book frustrated me to no end. There is good frustration when it comes to books but there is frustration that drives you up the wall and where you want to pull your hair out because the characters are just irritating as hell.

I fell into the latter category. This book
Celestine
If you like stories about modified super-humans, you will enjoy this series by Shannon McKenna. Noah leads a contingent of escapees from the Midlands, the innocuous name of a lab that experiments on the less fortunate to build super soldiers. Very Dr. Frankenstein-esque. But that is not where this story is centered. It picks up years later with the mods, who are very successfully leading normal lives - if normal is wealthy beyond imagination and beautiful to the point it hurts your eyes.

There is
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
This series severely needs a .5 novella to explain what in the world is going on. Look, if you have a soft spot for Universal Soldier, like me, you'll be into this. However, with no in the beginning or very great in depth explanation of how the Modified people were enhanced by the Obsidian group (absolutely no introduction or explanation of this mystery group) or who all the Midlands group were, with terms like AVPs, date dumps, and our hero constantly data driving (?!?) into his mind, I felt lo ...more
Zeek
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I’ve been checking up on Shannon Mckenna’s website waiting for Right Through Me’s release for awhile now. The anticipation has been great because a) many of my other favorite authors aren’t putting anything new out right now (which I suspect has something to do with them waiting for contracts to end so they can selfpublish, but it could also be they are just bored with writing anymore, and b) the release of this one got pushed back a couple times I think.

As soon as I saw it was out, I bought and
Jane Stewart
2 stars. Lots of sex scenes. It needed a better story.

I loved some of this author’s early books. But I have not liked her recent books - too much psi-drugs. I decided not to read any more in the McClouds & Friends Series if she continued using psi-drugs. I was pleased to see this book was the first in a new series (The Obsidian Files). But again it was like the psi-drug books. Humans were experimented upon and given enhanced physical powers and mental abilities. Some have robotic implants.

I
Believeit2seeit
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My reaction when I heard there is a new book... Shannon is an auto-buy for me!

happy brad

If you're a fan of Shannon McKenna's McCloud and Friends series, you will love this book too.

All the classic elements of a Shannon McKenna keeper are here: intense but gentle-with-heroine hero, vulnerable yet strong heroine, super bad villains who add to the tension. Of course, the love scenes are sooooo steamy, and not repetitive from her past stories either, actually, they feel even more intense with the hero's sup

Carolyn Reilly
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Right Through Me is the first instalment in Shannon McKenna’s new series The Obsidian Files.
Noah Gallagher is the head of a biotech firm and a super-soldier. The Obsidian Group had plucked him and other teenagers from the street and experimented on them. Obsidian experimented on them and enhanced them, giving them different unique abilities. After leading the rebellion against Obsidian Noah managed to escape with many others from the super-soldier program, including his sister.
Caro Bishop is on
Sylvia
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love Shannon McKenna heroes and I love her writing. The first chapter of this book is f'ing awesome! ;-)
Dawn
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
McKenna always gives us great books to read and this is no exception! Complicated drama with life and death situations and romance to boot, that is what she writes and Noah and Caro's story is no different. I know when I get a book from her it will be fantastic and worth every penny. You must add this to your reading list immediately if you like a little soldier enhancement and rebellion along with romance.

Noah is the self imposed leader of a group of men and women like him. His leadership is n
100sweet
Apr 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shannon McKenna is my favorite author and I love her books. She writes heroes that are possessive, obsessive, and protective of the heroine. Plus, she writes smoking love scenes. I was super excited when this book was announced. Unfortunately, I had trouble getting into this one and almost lost interest in the beginning. I think starting the book without an explanation of the H's enhancements left me lost. I didn't understand if I was reading a sci-fi book taking place in a dystopian future. I f ...more
Yvonne
Feb 15, 2016 marked it as to-read
McKenna is a go to author for me and I love her mix of steam with creepy suspense, but this one is just frustrating. DNF for now.
Christine
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
If you are a fan of Shannon McKenna, here's one way to look at this: take the McCloud series, throw in some shadowy sci-fi shenanigans, and turn up the dial all the way up to hyperdrive. 3.5 what the heck did I just read? stars.

To be honest, I always have a hard time with the first in a series when there's massive world-building. It didn't help that I was simply dropped into a world of modified supersoldiers and their supersonic skills with not one word of explanation.
His brain had been forged
Sportochick
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
The stunning book cover with it mesmerizing eyes emphasizes one of Noah's biotech features which play a critical part of the story. For me this book had the feeling of a time from the future. I guess it is because of the all the biotech referencing throughout. It was interesting with detailed descriptions given by the author explaining the abilities of the super-soldiers and how they came to exist.

This book is fast-paced, suspenseful with a few scenes that could of become gruesome but the author
Lynn
May 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Right Through Me is the first book of the Obsidian Files series. In this book, Noah Gallagher becomes obsessed with the girl that his sister, Hannah, hires to perform a belly dance as a birthday present. Caro has been doing whatever she can to make money while on the run from Mark Olund. Little does Caro know, but she has been thrown into the world of bio enhancements that both Noah and Mark share. Her attraction to Noah is as volatile as his is to her, making it easy for her to fall into bed wi ...more
Julz
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was potentially a good story but the heroine spoilt it all for me. Soon as she opened her mouth or actions ruined any kind of romance or chemistry. Especially in all the wed scenes. She was very lame.
Lis
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
To me, Shannon McKenna's books are perfect.
Trina
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
3.5**
Elaine
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 stars but I'll round it to 3 because Shannon McKenna is a damn good author.

As I previously stated I'm a huge fan of Shannon McKenna. I've reread her McCloud series atleast five times. I worship at her alter as a writer of thriller romances and to this day I struggle to find another author of the same genre I can enjoy half as much. Which is why it pains me to write this review.

What a mess!!! I'm going to have to brag a moment to get my point across. I read a lot and I read a pretty wide vari
Elaine
This is a gripping sci-fi, suspense romance with a group of clandestine technologically and genetically advanced super soldiers endeavouring to live life away from the people who used their bodies like guinea pigs to be tested and discarded. Their bodies and perceptions, skills and abilities have been modified to make them into killing machines but they want none of it. They call themselves and others like them mods. They've managed to escape, take on new identities and make lives for themselves ...more
Mignon Mykel
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 / 5 stars

I first fell in love with Shannon McKenna with her McClouds & Friends; that very series is THE reason why I hate the library. I read the books, I loved the books...

And I had to give them back.

Oh, the horror.

I just love her brand of contemporary meets suspense meets a little out-worldly. It works, and it's believable (I do love me a well written werewolf though so...). Needless to say, I was pretty excited about this new series.

Like with those McClouds, Ms. McKenna's ability to w
Fiona Cole
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was so excited by this new series! I'm a huge fan of Shannon McKenna and was sad to see the McCloud series go, but this one does not disappoint. It opens up opportunities for so many amazing stories and the side characters have me excited for whatever she comes out with next. I love the sci-fi feel to this books. I loved the team and hints about what happened to the past.

As always Shannon McKenna paints the most amazing vibrant picture with her words. I can truly see what she explains from No
Kim Page
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I love it and this unique plot is only one of the reasons I love Shannon McKenna!!
She always has the BEST covers as well!!
Besides the uniqueness of the plot it is also non-stop excitement, captivating and as always hot as hell!! It is so easy to get lost in the excitement and danger along with each character. Shannon has this amazing ability to develop new and extraordinary characters that you want to know and get lost in. This is what sets her apart from the rest...she is in a class all
Scandal (Scandalicious Book Reviews)
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
Come to momma!!!!!

This makes me irrationally happy!!

Solid storytelling and compelling characters...here's my complete review:

Ira
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

Donna Repsher
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been reading Shannon McKenna for years and absolutely loved her McCloud series, but when I saw a notice that book #2 of The Obsidian Files, entitled My Next Breath, was soon to be released, I realized that I had somehow missed Right Through Me, #1, and bought a copy immediately. Shannon McKenna seldom disappoints, and in the end, that's true of Right Through Me, but it's the beginning of the novel that had me confused and made me feel as if I'd somehow missed a prequel, which is the reason ...more
Malkhai
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Original review: https://myshelfbooks.wordpress.com/20...

Not so long ago I won an e-book copy of this book in a giveaway. I guess I would have never picked something like this otherwise. I’m not a big fan of books with cyborgs, because they tend to be a bunch of nonsense sex and little story. Luckily, this one is the exception. Due to life, it has taken me ages to finish it; but it’s a really nice book. Much better than expected.

We met Noah, an enhanced soldier that several years ago escaped fro
 ~V~
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Omg I can't remember the last time a book dragged on so long for me!! Oh yes I remember now, it was a Kristen Ashley book but at least with her books I have the excuse of those books being extremely long... at least two or three times the length of a regular sized book. My only excuse this time is the fact that this book was just not engaging at all and I had to force myself to finish it which is so sad for me because I LOVED her McCloud & Friends series!

I felt no connection between the her
Peggy
It has been years since I finished my last McCloud book. So it was nice to read Ms. McKenna again, for starters. Then, I was also reminded why I no longer followed the "friends" of McClouds--her mix of suspense and paranormal just isn't my cuppa.

Thus, because of all the techno-talks, jargons, abbreviations and acronyms (it seemed a bit presumptuous to expect a reader to grasp what's going on at the outset), I really struggled with the first quarter of the book and even considered throwing the to
Mellena
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my very first book by Shannon McKenna and I am completely hooked. Right Through me was steeped in suspense, action, and romance. Once I got through the barrage of needed information and explanations in the first chapter this book took off. I loved the characters, they were incredibly vivid and I felt a part of the group while reading. The descriptions were precise and had me become part of the action. I just couldn't love it more.

This was a fantastic concept and was executed brilliantly
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Mirror Me (Mirror, #1)
  • Gambling on Love (Travis Series #1)
  • Dangerous Kisses
  • Hot Pursuit (Romantic Suspense, #4.5)
  • Last Hero Standing
  • Someone To Watch Over Me
  • Breaking the Bad Boy
  • Dreamveil (Kyndred, #2)
  • Viking Warrior Rising (Viking Warriors, #1)
  • Danger Close (Shadow Warriors, #1)
  • Collateral Damage (Bagram Special Ops #5)
  • The Merzetti Effect
  • Under the Moon's Shadow (Shadows Collection/Leroy's Sins, #2)
  • Deadly Obsession (Deadly, #3)
  • Dead Again
  • Hidden Prey (Deadly Intent, #1)
  • Dangerous Race (Adrenaline Highs, #1)
  • Bad Girl
Also wrote five category romances under the penname Shannon Anderson

::From The Author's Website::

HOW IT ALL BEGAN

I started writing my first romance novel in secret. I was working a temp job in an insurance office in Manhattan at the time, and the office manager had made it clear that even if there was nothing to do, I still had to look busy-- never one of my big talents. I felt bad about the waste

The Obsidian Files (4 books)
  • My Next Breath (The Obsidian Files, #2)
  • In My Skin (The Obsidian Files, #3)
  • Light Me Up (The Obsidian Files #3.5)