Start by marking “Color Me Rich” as Want to Read:
Color Me Rich

Read Book

Color Me Rich

A sensitive love story of a handsome and talented struggling painter Akash Saigal. What happens when he marries an extremely rich and beautiful artist and art investor Zenobia Taraporevala?
Paperback, First, 189 pages
Published January 16th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Color Me Rich, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Color Me Rich

Dhivya Balaji
Mar 29, 2016 rated it liked it
FIRST IMPRESSION:

The author sent me a review copy with an attached letter. The first thing I noticed was the cover. A girl with a dreamy expression dominated what was otherwise a simplistic cover. The book was small, and had less number of pages. The summary, short and lacking details, was an indication of how the story was going to be.

This was the first book of the author I am reading. The book had a bigger than usual font and that when combined with more than a quarter of the paragraphs indent
Shree
Mar 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Note : This review has been published in my blog. To read more such reviews please do visit Book and Ink

Color Me Rich by Mohan Deep is story a typical story of a struggling artist. The protagonist, Akash, is a talented yet struggling artist.

The art market in India is strictly for the elitists. If you have the money, you might as well sell your paintings and make more money. Talent of course, is a primitive requirement only. This sad state of affairs does offer a huge scope to be fictionalized i
Shilpa Garg
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Despite opposition from his parents, Akash Saigal comes to Mumbai to follow his passion and that’s painting. But it’s not an easy road and is the one that’s filled with struggles and challenges. As he tries to paint and barely manages to make ends meet, he finds friends in Pran, a struggling actor, Suma, an aspiring singer and Rani Aunty who runs Bollywood Aunty’s Dhaaba.

Sharing a flame as they light their cigarettes in an art gallery while discussing his painting, Akash fell in love with out-of
Vasudha Rao
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it

This is a story of Akash Saigal , a talented & prolific painter.It is also the tale of a rich art investor ,Zenobia. Zenobia & Akash meet & fall in love.It is love at first sight. Akash loves the luxurious lifestyle bequeathed to him courtesy marriage.Akash is in the spotlight always : sometimes for his work & at other times because he is being projected like the best painter of the decade. The honeymoon has begun.

Akash has a good friend in Suma.Zenobia gets increasingly possess
Rubina
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Akash Saigal, the protagonist of the story had it all. The struggles, that mark the beginning of a great artist; and the rise to the glory that often finishes the most brilliant artist. What made him different is his way of looking at life. In his poverty, he revelled and in his richness, he embraced all that he had ever dreamed of achieving. Like a man who willed God to send him a rich heiress and when God granted him his wish, he could have basked under his new found rich lifestyle but instead ...more
Debraj Moulick
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Inderpreet Uppal
Feb 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Akash and Zanobia, two beautiful people from opposite side of the spectrum fall in love and get married. He is a wannabe painter; she is a spoilt rich brat. Is it really love or just money talking? With a name like color me rich, one would think it is all about the money but it is money and a lot more. There is the Suma, the friend, muse and ghazal singer. You have characters like Pran who is Akash friend and man Friday. Bollywood aunty, the kind-hearted lady who supports the artists all add up ...more
Shalini
Mar 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Review:
Plot:
The story is about an artist, a painter- Akash Saigal who dreams of making it big. He has pursued a course in art from JJ School of Arts, Mumbai. He has got company with a struggling actor, Pran and together they try to make both ends meet. Suma lives in the same area as Akash and is in love with him though he hasn’t got a clue. She is an aspiring Ghazal singer. Akash meets Zenobia Taraporevala, another artist and socialite and within no time they find themselves in love. Suma is hea
Floryie
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy from the author via The Book Club for an honest review.

This is the first time I am reading this author's work and so I didn't know what to expect from the book. When I signed up for the blog tour, the first thing which caught my attention was the blurb which was short and sweet. And I was looking forward to a nice love story. What I didn't know was that I was going to read a romance mystery novella.

The starting of the book was sort of slow but it did lay the right outlin
Ruchi Singh
‘Color Me Rich’ is a story about the perils of mis-placed love, undeserving ambitions, jealousy and self-preservation. Its a fast paced novella with narration which switches between past and present.

Akash Saigal is a painter trying to get a foot-hold in the extremely competitive world of creative field. He lives in Mumbai, amongst affectionate neighbors and creative friends; Pran who is an aspiring actor and Suma who is an upcoming ghazal singer.

He comes across beautiful Zenobia who is also a b
Bhavya
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indian, own-a-copy, tbc
Akash Saigal is the typical bollywood hero – his story has all the elements and it is a proper rags to riches story. All the milestones in his life are clearly laid out before the reader – initial days of struggle as an artist waiting to be discovered, his sudden rise to fame and his entry to the elite club by way of his marriage to Zen. Akash chased his passion tirelessly to get everything in life, but it was also the very reason he lost everything. The common man envies the life of celebrities ...more
Aparna
Apr 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Color Me Rich by Mohan Deep is mixture of suspense and romance, art and music.
It's a story of a small time artist Akash who like every other budding artist is struggling in Mumbai to make his two ends meet. He catches eye of rich, art collector Zenobia, who is attracted towards him for his charisma and his talent. Akash’s neighbor in locality Suma, who sings and writes ghazals have a crush on Akash but has never let him know about her true feelings.
Color Me Rich is basically their story of
Madhuri
Apr 03, 2016 rated it liked it
The novel is a racy montage and would appeal to those looking for a quick thrill. A few pauses and ponderings, though, would have connected the reader effectively to the passion that fuels the action of all the characters. Color Me Rich is the seed of a full blown contemporary tragedy.
It must be said, however, that its current avatar totally matches the pace of the city of Mumbai, which is actually the hero of this book.

Find the complete review here -
Jasleen Kaur
Mar 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Color me Rich had enough places that needed double reading to know the real sense behind it. Though it was a quick read but still it had troughs and crests. The story was a perfect blend of emotions, desires and psychological advancements. The writing of Mohan sir was simple and to the point which enhances the beauty of the book. His hard work in making a spicy story can be seen throughout. All in all, a worthy read.

You can read the complete review here -
thesubtlebraiding.blogspot.in/2016/04...
Romila
Apr 11, 2016 added it
I read his work (at length and full) for the first time, though I have read and heard about his earlier & only book – Eurekha. I am a big fan of Hindi films (who is not, I am sure everyone is). Through Colour Me Rich, we enter the world of artist Akash Saigal and the narration being racy- pacy, makes it an interesting read over a hot cup of tea or coffee.
Surbhi Sareen
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Color Me Rich by Mohandeep is a captivating saga of a struggling painter, Akash Saigal and the turmoils he face during the course of the journey. A perfect blend of romace, thrill, mystery with variety of themes can be noticed. For detailed review read :
Nilima
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it

Book Review: Color me Rich by Mohan Deep

Here is a late review of the book. Sorry to keep you waiting.Was it suicide or murder by Akash ? Its more than what the story gist tells you.
Madhuri Varma
A light and quick interesting sneak peak into the world of glamour (3.5/5)
Full review- http://wp.me/p2vbKI-lK
DALIP SHANDIL
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
If sources are to be taken at face value then Mohan Deep's 10th Novel could well be the first official bestseller of 2016 in less than a month after it's official launch in Mumbai at the hands of Mahesh Bhatt & Kunika while simultaneously the kindle edition was flagged of by Shirish Kunder.
Mohan Deep has always had a flair with words and his command over the expression is smooth and flows effortlrssly keeping the readers on the edge of excitement.
When this book reviewer had predicted on @Ama
Subhajit Das
Kanishka
Jan 27, 2017
Kavita
Sep 18, 2017
Mohan Deep, is an Indian author, painter and Feng Shui Master. Mohan Deep is the author of ‘The Mystery and Mystique of Madhubala’ (1996), ‘It’s My Life’ (Novel) (1997), ‘Simply Scandalous: Meena Kumari’ (1998), ‘Eurekha!’ – an unauthorized biography of Rekha. (1999), ‘Four Options’ (2000), ‘Feng Shui for the Bold & Beautiful, the Rich and Famous’ (2001) and ‘Nehru and the Tantrik Woman’ (2002 ...more