Start by marking “Totally Starcross'd” as Want to Read:
Totally Starcross'd

Totally Starcross'd

"Why does she have to be Romilly Montague? Any other name on the planet. She’d be just as pretty and cute and clever—just as perfect—but she wouldn’t be Romilly Montague. Then I’d have a chance with her.”

Romilly longs for the freedom to live her own life ... but her dad is Alan Montague, hot contender for the job of Governor. And the bigger he gets, the more protective of
ebook
Published February 11th 2016 (first published February 9th 2016)

Start your review of Totally Starcross'd
Clare O'Beara
This is a nice modern Romeo and Juliet retelling. I like that the author decided the R character was to be female and the J character male. So Romilly and Julian meet in a museum / gallery when their parents are on opposite sides of business development in Verona. As they don't know each other they get along but once they do know who the other is, life becomes tricky and they start lying to get out and see the other. Of course problems arise and with recognisable characters from the play popping ...more
Alana
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great modern take on the classic Romeo and Juliet. Great for a young reader or your daily commute, I had a lot of fun reading this. I had my own game of "spot the reference" happening so loved the ready reckoner at the end that let me know how I went.
Margaret Fisk
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Originally posted on Tales to Tide You Over

This is a delightfully modern look at Romeo and Juliet. Romilly and Julian meet as strangers at a political debate. They discover much in common, including their political outlooks, but she doesn’t know he’s the son of the conservative candidate she tears down in front of Julian, and he has no idea Romilly’s much more than a simple supporter of the progressive candidate. This ignorance doesn’t last long, but it’s enough for them to feel a connection str
Deanna
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, own
This book would be liked by anyone that honestly thought Romeo and Juliet was a love story. It wasn't. It was a tragedy. It was about a love-sick Romeo who gets sucked in the drama of life and the romance of the opposite sex, and young Juliet that doesn't want to be forced into a marriage, so instead she marries Romeo on her own terms. It's not a love story.

Totall Starcross'd is a sappy love story about two whiny teens. If you read this book as a stand alone (knowing nothing of Romeo and Juliet)
Sam Spencer
Oct 04, 2016 rated it liked it
This is cute
Gender roles being reversed from the actual Shakespearean play was actually a pretty clever idea.
While this story didn't sing to me the way I expected, I appreciate it.
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Betty Finch
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love how S.D. Wasley used the influence of Romeo and Juliet to inspire her characters in "Totally Starcross'd".

Romilly Montaque a.k.a. 'Girl Who', is the daughter of a candidate for Governor of Verona. Julien Capulet a.k.a. "Guy Who", is the son of Romilly's father's opponent. They are supposed to be sworn enemies but both are star struck by the other since the first time they saw each other.

Follow the bloom of first love and the heartache of the path it takes. Pressures from parents to perfo
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
I LOVED this modern retelling of Romeo and Juliet. It pulled me in from the moment that Romilly and Julian met and kept me glued until the bitter end. A beautiful and well written story line and you could feel the love and heartache oozing from the story. The author did an amazing job with this retelling and I highly recommend this to everyone!!!

- See more at: https://www.yainsider.com/b/totally-s...

{I received an eARC via YA Insider. I made no guarantee of a favorable review and the opinions ex
Cate McKinnon Alexander
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
A gorgeous easy read. I read it one cruisy sitting.

A 21st century re-telling of the classic love story, with an emphasis not so much on the angst of teen love, but on the difficulties of establishing your own identity and the problems that arise when your moral stance is incompatible with your parents' views.

A story of love, family, and making a stand for what you believe in, I highly recommend this story for anyone who enjoys a love story, any lovers of Shakespearean adaptations, and for anyo
Amber  Christiansen
Wow

I am a big fan of Shakespeare and I love the story of Romeo and Juliet. S.D. Wasley takes the well-known tale and adds two twists that are readily apparent at the start of the story. First, is that there is a gender reversal. Second is that the setting is similar to modern day, though it is a fictional place. The story retains many of the elements that are known and loved in the original while still adding in several surprises and unique twists. Unlike Romeo and Juliet, whose story is not a r
Anna Hub
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful novella! Totally Starcross'd was a perfect combination of something old and something new. A modern retelling of Romeo and Juliet that mixes the classic tale with some loveable new characters and somehow manages to create an entirely new story. This was a nice easy read and I found myself smiling at all the hidden references from the original, there's even a cheat sheet at the end in case you miss any! Definitely 5 star worthy!
Kristin
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story, it immersed me from the first page. It is a very well-balanced piece, and a fascinating take on a classic love story. It is true to the original play, without being predictable; it equally reads as a stand-a-lone tale of love. I would highly recommend it, S.D. Wasley is definitely on my watch list!
Natarsha
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a very clever modern adaptation of one of the most well known stories ever written. I think people who know the play well will get a kick out of all the references that are slipped in there. Great work!!!
Ranee Babu
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a cute, hot, sexy, amazing, beautiful, modern take on Romeo and Juliet. I loved it so much, I couldn't help but smile.
M.T. DeSantis
A fun and sweet modern retelling of Romeo and Juliet. Wasley does a great job of bringing the story forward in time. The political arena is the perfect backdrop for this story of starcrossed love.
LaTasha Gay
Ivana
Jun 08, 2016
Josie
Sep 24, 2017
S.D. Wasley was born and raised in Perth, Western Australia.

She has been composing literary works since before she could write – at five years of age she announced her first poem in the kitchen, improv-style. Today, she lives in the Swan Valley wine region with her two daughters, surrounded by dogs, cats and chickens.

S.D. Wasley writes crossover, adult and young adult fiction in the genres of myst