Start by marking “Be Still My Beading Heart, A Glass Bead Mini-Mystery” as Want to Read:
Be Still My Beading Heart, A Glass Bead Mini-Mystery

Be Still My Beading Heart, A Glass Bead Mini-Mystery

(Glass Bead Mystery)

It's Valentine's Day and Jax O'Connell's red VW bug is missing. Did she forget where she parked the Ladybug as she rushed to deliver her handmade glass beads, or has the beloved car been stolen? Searching the streets of Seattle, Jax and her best friend, Tessa, face some unsavory characters. Jax regrets not having a date on the most romantic day of the year after spotting R ...more
Published January 22nd 2016 by Booktrope Editions

Be the first to ask a question about Be Still My Beading Heart, A Glass Bead Mini-Mystery

Lisa Ks Book Reviews
I love when authors know we need a small fix into the worlds they have created for us. Author Janice Peacock does just that in BE STILL MY BEADING HEART.

What happened to protagonist Jax’s car, and will she have a date for Valentine’s Day are the biggest questions in this delightful mini read. Set between, book one, HIGH STRUNG, and book two, A BEAD IN THE HAND, you won’t find a dead body in this mini tale in the Glass Bead Mystery series, but you will find a little mayhem, action, and romance.

W
Linda
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A mini-cozy mystery. Jax (Jacquelyn), a glassbead artist, deals with a stolen car--her precious Ladybug--a red convertible VW. She and bestie, Tessa, go on an adventure searching for the car. Two of Jax's love interests make appearances--Ryan and Zachary. Who will be her Valentine? It's a fun story! I look forward to future books in this series.
LORI CASWELL
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Dollycas’s Thoughts

When I looked at my calendar for this week I knew I overbooked my reading schedule. That meant my Flashback Friday book had to be a quick read. So I pulled up my TBR list and chose this book. The read was even quicker than I imagined. The first 36% of the book is the short story – Be Still My Beading Heart, the remainder of the 65 pages is Sample Chapters from the first two books in the series. The great news is that the book is FREE an Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and kobo.

I hav
Teresa Kander
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
A quick easy read, this is a Valentine's Day-themed short story to accompany the Glass Bead series. It takes place approximately four months after the book A Bead In The Hand. It can be read as a stand-alone story, but reading the other two books first will give you more of a sense of all the characters.

This story is Jax's adventure on Valentine's Day, which includes running errands, having her car stolen (or possibly towed by hunky Ryan, the newest member of the police force and one of her prob
Nada Sobhi
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery

Be Still My Beading Heart is a short mini-mystery novella that is part of Janice Peacock's Glass Bead Mystery Series.

Bead maker Jax O'Connell goes to drop off a bead order and returns to find her car missing on Valentine's Day. She sees a tow truck moving away along with the new-on-the-job cute cop.

The short mystery does not involve a murder, making it extra cozy and light, but the mystery is of where Jax's car has disappeared to and whether or not she can get it back.

Jax is also lacking in the
RO G'ma
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“Be Still My Beading Heart” is the first installment in Janice Peacock’s Glass Beads Mini-Mystery series and is a delightfully sweet romantic mystery. The storyline is well thought out and written with the right combination of romance, mystery, and humor. There is no graphic violence, sexually explicit scenes, or inappropriate language.

Valentine’s Day has arrived and Jax finds herself without a date even though she’s recently met two interesting men, Ryan, Seattle’s police officer, and Zachary,
Terri Crossley
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Jax is out delivering beads her precious VW bug has been stolen. She will do everything she can to get her car back. With the help of her best friend Tessa and two of Seattle's finest looking officers this adventure is sure to get her in a fine mess! This was a short read but it was filled with a lot of twists and turns! This can be read as a standalone but I highly recommend checking out the whole series!
Janis Hill
I bought this short story for myself with my own money so technically don’t have to thank anyone… but will thank the author for the tip off. ;-)

What can I say, I know it was a short story, sold as a short story and I am obviously a selfishly greedy fan of the ‘Glass Bead Mystery’ series – but I found it too short! :-D

I got to the end and went: wait, what? No! That can’t be all of it!

Sadly it was, but it was worth it all the same.

A lovely little mini mystery to sate we fans until the next book co
Nadine Keels
Jax is in a rush to deliver some of her handmade glass beads to a glass gallery, but afterwards, she can't find her car. She either forgot where she parked, or her precious Ladybug has been stolen. Not to mention it's Valentine's Day, so Jax hopes to track down her missing wheels and maybe get something together to scoot her love life along in Be Still My Beading Heart: A Glass Bead Mini-Mystery by author Janice Peacock.

Well! It turns out this ebook is mostly comprised of all the Bonus Material
Karen Blackburn
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A delightful short story set on At. Valentine's Day in which Jax, a glass blower who makes glass beads and jewellery, goes from having no date and a boring outlook for the day through having her car stolen to saving her beloved VW Beetle and closing down a childhood to having an exciting date, all in the course of a day. A great feel good short story for those few spare moments when you just want to curl up with a book and lose yourself in another world.
Monica
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short but sweet

Cutsie short story featuring my favorite bead buddies from the 3 previous mysteries. I actually laughed out loud while drinking my Diet Coke to the point of choking. I've grown really fond of Jax and her gal pals. I love that she's also got a cat and there are elements of the beading world which is all right up my creative alley since I make handmade jewelry. Looking forward to more mysteries with these sparkly characters.
Mary
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Jacqueline has recently moved from Florida to Seattle to further explore her creative side. While delivering glass bead jewelry to a gallery, her car came up missing. Was it stolen? Did it get towed? In the meantime, she is dodging her boyfriend Ryan, while dating another officer.

The story was very very short and felt quite a bit unfinished. I would have loved more chapters and depth to the story.
Goth Gone Grey
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, 2017
It was fun to visit the glass-loving crew from the Glass Bead Mystery series again! A brief Valentine's Day tale of love, loss, and love found again... And a date, too! As ever, the beading information is sprinkled among the story like murrini in a bead, excellent for glass lovers.
Paula Shreckhise
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little novella about a beadmaker, Jax O'Connell and her antics when her car gets stolen and she has to choose between two hunky cops that are interested in her. One of a series. I'm a header, so this is interesting.
Yvonne Meyer
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good short story.

I enjoyed this short story. I will looking forward to trying other books in this series. A good light short read.
Shirley Worley
Cute story, but very short. About 30 pages short. The remainder of the book contains sample chapters of the author's two other books.
Lynn
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super short cute mystery who done it.. Adorable. Well written..
Amber Frechette
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short but sweet

Another day another adventure. Only this time it's personal... And Valentines Day. This story has shady characters and hunky admirers.
Krystyna
Jul 02, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The missing car

A silly story about a missing car. Please bear in mind that this is only 32% of the page count. Frankly it was disappointing.
Estelle Richards
Very fun!
Sally Hannoush
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute short story. A mystery without a murder is refreshing sometimes. Perfect Valentines Day read.
Andrea Stoeckel
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those freebies you pick up and stick on the "shelf" and when you need a litte something...you read it.

It was good enough that I'm connecting with the author
United Indie Book Blog
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great short read. When Jax is out delivering the beads and jewelry she has lovingly created, her well-loved VW Bug has come up missing. Inside the trunk is a tray of her hand blown glass beads and jewelry she has yet to deliver. Trying to figure out if the car was towed or if it’s been stolen, runs into a couple of Seattle’s finest police officers whom she has dealt with before. Solving this case takes skill, smarts, and just a little bit of luck.

I truly enjoyed this short story, the c
Crystal
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I truly enjoyed this short story, the
JoAn
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Be Still My Beading Heart by Janice Peacock is a very short mystery that was fun to read. It's Valentine's Day and Jax doesn't have a date but she's got a lot of things to do and it's still early yet. Jax's cute little VW Beetle is stolen while she is making a delivery. She calls her best friend Tessa to come and get her and they are off to solve the case. A fun little mystery with a small touch of romance.
Georganne
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and light

Jax is a glass bead maker. She has just delivered some of her work and then discovers her dearly loved VW bug, Lady bug has been stolen. This is her adventure. If you want something light, this is it!
Lisa Morin
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute Valentine's mystery

This is a cute mystery just in time for Valentine's Day. When Jax discovers her beloved car, a red vw bug, known as the Ladybug, is stolen, she embarks on an adventure to get it back.
This is a fun series and I hope to read more in this series.
Shannon Binegar-Foster
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute story

I enjoyed this story. I read it before the other two in the series. I bought the other two right away. I do wish this one was just a bit longer.
Stephanie
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fun, quick read if you want to escape for a few minutes. I liked the short, and will be looking for others in this series.
Cheryl
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This turned out to be a bunch of sample chapters for her book. I enjoyed what was there and will look for the full version.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Janice Peacock decided to write her first mystery novel after working in a glass studio full of colorful artists who didn’t always get along. They reminded her of the odd, and often humorous, characters in the murder mystery books she loved to read. Inspired by that experience, she combined her two passions and wrote High Strung: A Glass Bead Mystery, launching a new cozy mystery series featuring ...more

Glass Bead Mystery (4 books)
  • High Strung (Glass Bead Mystery, #1)
  • A Bead in the Hand (Glass Bead Mystery, #2)
  • Off the Beadin' Path (Glass Bead Mystery, #3)
  • To Bead or Not to Bead (Glass Bead Mystery Series Book 4)