Start by marking “Finding Home with the Beatles, Bob Dylan, and Billy Graham: A Memoir of Growing Up Inside the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association” as Want to Read:

"

One was the greatest rock band of all time, another was a misunderstood poet and Christian convert, and the latter is called, “America’s Pastor.” The Beatles, Bob Dylan, and Billy Graham were the three forces of artistic and spiritual expression in Archer’s childhood, and the trio of figures in her father’s conversion to Christianity and life’s work.

Finding Home with Th

Published December 31st 2015 by WestBow Press

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Home with the Beatles, Bob Dylan, and Billy Graham

Start your review of Finding Home with the Beatles, Bob Dylan, and Billy Graham: A Memoir of Growing Up Inside the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
Sparkleypenguin
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. Her writing style, as I have said, is beautiful. Her story is really amazing. I want to buy this book. That's all really.
Mary Havens
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3rd-kindle, book-club
A tidy and sweeping story of a girl growing up all over the world, traveling as part of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. I connected with her feelings of praying and witnessing to the lost. It was comforting to hear that even a girl growing up surrounded by the most famous preacher in the world has doubts and feels lost at times in her faith. I appreciated the efforts that Mr. Graham and his organization did and do to reach the lost and it gives me hope that there is change and light a ...more
Samantha
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Growing up in a family that moved around a lot, myself, I felt like I could really relate with the author's experiences. She wrote with the vulnerability of childhood mixed with the wisdom of adulthood and beautifully explored the experiences that both scar us but also make us who we are. My main critique is that this book seemed almost too short, like it was just beginning to tell the story of this woman's life and alluded to many deep places where the writer was just starting to scratch the su ...more
Elizabeth
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-club, faith
A friend of a friend wrote this memoir and it is a great read about her life and growing up.
I love stories of people coming to faith and how it impacts them. I love that her family didn't kick out all 'secular' influences while working for Billy Graham.
This book would especially be good for those who struggle with anxiety or grew up moving a lot.
I am excited to get to meet the author because the book does leave me with some questions!
Natalie Mays
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This memoire is an incredibly refreshing and insightful read for those of us who are afraid of change. Archer opens the door into her own personal and unique journey through childhood while simultaneously compelling her readers to challenge the comfort of their complacent definitions of the word "home."
Deborah
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book it was based on three icons that I adore. I met the author and was intrigued, so I read the book. It was easy reading, yet captivating.
Brenda Millage
Jun 05, 2017
Karen Aguilar
Mar 23, 2018

• Let There Be Clothes: 40,000 Years of Fashion
  • Treachery at Lancaster Gate (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #31)
  • The Future of Fashion: Understanding Sustainability in the Fashion Industry
  • Gio_Graphy: Fun in the Wild World of Fashion
  • Living in Style: Inspiration and Advice for Everyday Glamour
  • Jackie and Cassini: A Fashion Love Affair
  • Vogue on Gianni Versace
  • Elsie and Mairi Go to War: Two Extraordinary Women on the Western Front
  • The Conscious Closet: The Revolutionary Guide to Looking Good While Doing Good
  • Our Rainbow Queen
  • Fearless Living
  • Our Revolution: A Future to Believe In
  • Being Heumann: An Unrepentant Memoir of a Disability Rights Activist
  • The Widow Clicquot: The Story of a Champagne Empire and the Woman Who Ruled It
  • The Woman in Cabin 10