Start by marking “Loverboy (Dartmoor, #5)” as Want to Read:
Loverboy (Dartmoor, #5)

Loverboy (Dartmoor #5)

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  1,126 Ratings  ·  153 Reviews

But some o

To ask other readers questions about Loverboy, please sign up.
Tracey The Lean Dogs MC has long been a haven for the outlaws, the rebels, the ill-adjusted, and the outright monsters of Knoxville, Tennessee. They are a…moreThe Lean Dogs MC has long been a haven for the outlaws, the rebels, the ill-adjusted, and the outright monsters of Knoxville, Tennessee. They are a dark, dangerous brand of misfit, etched with ink, splattered with blood, and vilified by the town they call home. The only laws they follow are the ones set down in the club charter by their leather-clad forefathers.
But some outlaws have secrets they can’t even share with their club brothers. The Lean Dogs call him “Tango,” but once upon a time, Kevin Estes went by “Loverboy.” It’s a past his club could never understand, one that’s going to kill him.
Loverboy is the fifth full-length installment in the Dartmoor Series and is NOT a standalone. It handles sensitive, potentially-triggering subjects, and is intended for MATURE audiences only. (from Lauren Gilley's blog)(less)
Dirty Salvation by V. TheiaPreacher Man by V. TheiaAmerican Hellhound by Lauren GilleyRide Steady by Kristen AshleyFearless by Lauren Gilley
MC Romance with a HEA
65 books — 17 voters
Reaper's Property by Joanna WyldeUndeniable by Madeline SheehanMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyReaper's Legacy by Joanna WyldeNine Minutes by Beth Flynn
MC Romance
571 books — 1,129 voters

More lists with this book...

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky, and B*tchy ⚓️ Steamy Reads
All the stars.

Holy shit, Lauren Gilley.

THIS is why you are on my top read/must read author list.

description

If you haven't read Lauren Gilley yet, you are missing out; because this woman is a true storyteller.

description

In the "about me" sections scattered throughout various parts of the interwebs, it says Gilley "writes literary fiction which is sometimes mistaken for romance."

But I disagree.

And not because her stories are "romance" (although most of them contain at least a little bit of it) but because, in my op
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
5+++++ Brilliantly moving stars

photo balletheart_zpsjxj7nvwi.jpg

Not sure anything I could say would do this book justice, so I will keep it short. Lauren Gilley will always be a one click author for me, her writing just takes me on a journey with every page. This series has become a part of me and I feel as if the characters are close friends and that is due to the way Lauren writes.

Loverboy is Tangos story, it takes you through his horrific child/preteen years, how he met Aidan and the Teague family and how he became a Lean D
~IreneOust~

A million "I never thought." stars!

photo BOOK OF THE YEAR 2016_zpsksjtgqxk.jpg

The beauty of being a picky reader is that you are [almost] always guaranteed an enjoyable read. When it comes to Lauren Gilley's books, 'almost' doesn't even apply because this author manages to deliver such quality work with every single book she puts out that it makes me wonder why isn't EVERYONE [who appreciates quality writing] reading her.

If you are a fan of this series and have been following the Lean Dogs since the very beginning then, like me, you prob
Deborah
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

15th March 2018.

I’ve just done a re-read of this incredible series but despite the fact that I’ve read this book once I don’t think I can bring myself to read it again.
It’s brilliant, well written and emotional. Emotional doesn’t even begin to cover it, it’s heartbreaking and I don’t think I can put myself through that again.

Original review.

Difficult and emotional read.

To say I found this book difficult to read would be a huge understatement at 23% I put this book down and I wasn't sure I'd be
Elfina Renee
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I knew going in, Tango's story was going to be heartbreaking. You can't follow the series as closely as I have and not see the red flags. Holy shit I'd seen those flags a mile long, screaming "danger Will Robinson danger". And while his story punches a hole inside your chest, you also feel the healing balm of Whitney. Everything about her radiates strength, nurturing and love. She's one of the strongest heroines I've read. But this is Lauren Gilley a five star (more like ten) guaranteed read. Th ...more
Bev
This is one of those books that although was a must read, was one I kept on putting off because I knew I was going to struggle with it. And struggle I did - huge. And it was worth every second. It was heavy and really hard going at times witnessing what Tango endured and suffered at the hands of people that should have loved and nurtured him when he was just a vulnerable and innocent child. Gilley pulled no punches in getting his story across, but she did it so well. Even so, I still found mysel ...more
TeriLyn
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5+++ "I never thought." Stars

**This review may contain spoilers.**

Now that I'm done wiping the mascara tracks off my face from all the tears I'll try reviewing all the feels and beauty that is Loverboy. If you've been following the Dartmoor series you undoubtedly have tons of unanswered questions about the enigmatic, edgy, brooding Tango. The secrets and scars that lie beneath his surface will shock you, his survival will awe you, and his self-doubted yet fully realized capacity for love will le
Selene
Kevin "Tango" Estes was seven years old when he was kidnapped by his father and sold into slavery. Loverboy is his story.

photo IMG_3253_zpsmf5q8qa4.jpg

This book intertwined the past with the present and far exceeded the GRs rating available to describe it. Calling this a five-star read would only marginalize the flawless writing style and limitless character depth that LG specializes in. At the same time, this story was a bitter pill to swallow. Tango's agony-rich story was long awaited and exposed all of my nerve endings,
Lučka
4.5*

Honestly, I didn't want Tango getting his own book. I hoped his story would unfold on a side and he would get his HEA along the way. Not that I don't love Tango. I do. But his story was just too much for me. The heartbreaking past, the abuse, the whoring, mm, mfm, mff, bisexual love triangle, etc.
description

But I've made it through. Thank God! It was the most devastating in the series and though I felt uncomfortable at times and didn't feel the epic love between Whitney and Tango, I still loved it. I
*~* Susie
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely stunning 5 star read. Lauren Gilley is the master at emotional, heartwarming stories. I was excited and anxious to read Tango's story because I knew it would rip my heart out. And boy did it. Difficult to read at times, but worth every second.
Lisa
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tango Tango Tango.

Over the course of the Dartmoor series I have fallen in love with broken Tango who has quietly existed in the background of his rowdy brothers. We have been given snap shots and hints at the life he endured before Aidan, Ghost and Maggie saved him as a teen....but no amount of hinting could prepare the reader for the brutal truths.

There were moments in this story that I needed to put my book aside and take a deep breath, the subject matter was so confronting and deserved the tr
Maria11
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic tear jerking more the 5 stars

Everything I read from Ms. Gulley gets better and better!

This read is way more then 5 stars!

This is a heart wrenching love story. The author says it is not a love story, but I so beg to differ! It is a love story about how to love yourself so you can in turn love the beautiful people around you.

Life is tragic and there are such evil people out there I cried at work during some parts and I cried at the end. So emotional and touching. You can rise from the
Michelle [Helen Geek]
09/08/2016 -- 5 Tangled Stars

I'll try to put my review down later, but Tango's story was as wonderful as he deserved it to be. Our author did this tough story justice. Such talent. She did our fragile fella proud.

Happy Reading!
London Miller
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It shouldn't be a surprise by now that I'm utterly obsessed with anything Lauren writes, but this book. THIS BOOK has to be the most compelling, heart wrenching book I've read this year. I didn't think I would have a book that would top Fearless because of how much I adore Mercy, but Tango ... Tango made me feel. I understood in a way that I didn't think possible, and I loved and hated every single moment inside his head. I loved that I could see him finally, learn all the secrets he kept hidden ...more
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
4 stars. This was a really good book! This is Kev/Tango's story. We knew from the other books in the series that Kev had a history of drug addiction and of abuse as a child when he was a "dancing boy", but it is not fully explained until this book. It is hard to describe this book without some spoilers, so I'll mark them. Kev has hard a hard past. (view spoiler) ...more
Jan130
Nov 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: contemporary
1.5 stars. Eek! I can't believe I gave a Lauren Gilley book such a low score. I love her other MC books. But this one was just a bridge too far for me. It took me aaagggeesss to finish it. I had to take a big break before I was brave enough to finish it. But overall, nup, just too, too confronting for me.

For me this would have been a MUCH BETTER book if there was LESS graphic description/ depiction of what Tango and Ian went through. I just did not need to know that stuff in such detail. Ugh! Ma
Tracie Payne
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just wow. We have all been dying for Tango's story since we met him in Fearless. We are all protective over our Tango, knowing he has a dark past that plagues him and tortures him. But we had no idea how fucked up it really was. This book opens with a bang and it honestly doesn't let up the entire time. So many times I just said out loud "oh Kevin". So many times I had tears in my eyes when Aiden, Ghost, Mercy or Mags came on the scene. But what really got me was Ava and Camille. I had to stop a ...more
Dee Montoya
4.5 Stars*****

Toughest book I've read in a while but beautiful nonetheless.

The Lean Dogs MC brotherhood goes beyond their club. These men are truly a family and they love and support each other no matter what.

From reading previous books I knew that Tango's story was going to be hard to read. But I never expected it to be so horrific and yet written in such a way that was beautiful and so incredibly hopeful.

Mercy is my number one favorite brother. The more I read these books, the more I fall f
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a rough one... the storytelling wasn't as smooth as the previous stories...It was a bit understandable as the subject matter was tough... kid napping, abuse, rape, and coping with the aftermath by the main character. Still a good installment in the series. Still going strong in the MC series.
Mar
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh Tango.

What a story.

Heart breaking, gut wrenching, soul searching and AMAZING fucking story.

ps- Mercy is the baddest ass of all bad asses.
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Ahhh. God. Where to start with this one? I've rehashed this book over in my brain since I finished it 8 hours ago. I'll do my best to give you my thoughts.

First off--Lauren Gilley--phenomenal! She doesn't write a bad book. Fans have been clamoring for Tango's story and she did not disappoint.

Second---Although this is a part of an MC series, this one is not about the club operation. The Dogs are Tango's brothers and even closer, the Teagues are Tango's family. As a family, they support him unco
Hms
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I knew Tango's (a.k.a Kev) story would be a difficult one to read and I wasn't disappointed. The things he was forced to do and the things he did to save Whitney are unspeakable. Whitney, while young and a bit naive when it comes to the ways of evil, becomes the rock Tango needs. Mercy, with his own very dark and twisted psyche, becomes the most unlikely of therapists to Tango. Without Mercy, Ghost, Aidan and Whitney, Tango would not have survived. I had my doubts about Ian, Kev's former lover, ...more
Elizabeth (Liz)
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The very best book in this series so far!!! Heartbreaking and heart-mending. In the end, incredibly joyous and triumphant!!! Love, love, L-O-V-E it!!!!! <3 <3 <3
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
Really dark, dark stuff in this instalment of Dartmoor and that's saying something when you're following the exploits of an OMC. Great storytelling by Ms Gilley and although maybe not strictly realistic (view spoiler) hey this is fiction and a Happy Ever After is uplifting after all the darkness ...more
Paula
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: five-stars-2017
Wow. Just perfect.
Sparklybearsy¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»
It is not easy to get a 5 star rating out of me, practically impossible, even, but there's no other number for this book. The latest installment from the Dartmoor series, back with the Lean Dogs and it was Tango's story. It deals with a lot of really tough and raw subjects, not just for our main guy but secondary characters, too ( looking at you, Ian, you wonderful Brit! #TeamAlec )

I knew going into it from the little we knew of him, that it was going to be a difficult read. And it was. It hit
IGirasoliGialli
I have been waiting for this book since I read Fearless. There was something about Tango that called to me and I wanted - needed - to know his story. I knew that it wouldn't be normal or savory or even the fun escapism I try to find in all the books I read, but it didn't matter. This book was going to be IT.

And it was. It was everything I knew it would be - dark, uncomfortable, sad but also, hopeful and beautiful in a way that made all the horrendous crap of Tango's life make him a survivor who
Camilla *tactile seeker*
Mar 09, 2018 marked it as on-hold

I couldn't stop myself, I had to go on and spoil it and... CAMILLE! YAS! We're a bunch of hot and tough women and they couldn't have picked a better name for her!
So happy! I mean, Lauren Gilley managed to use my name twice in her series; if she doesn't love it, I don't know how else to explain it!
Now, it's also probably time for this: Image and video hosting by TinyPic
suzy
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Spoiler ...ish

Dam good book, this one has taken me out of my reading slump. I loved Tango's story, his life was awful and was ruined by the evil Miss Carla, well done Mercy for taking her out!!

I liked how Lauren Gilley dealt with Tango's addiction, his road to recovery was very well written. Tango had the love and emotional support from everyone who loved him, I'm so glad the club took his back. In previous books I really didn't like Ian, but I warmed to him in this book.

Would have liked more o
  • The Enforcer's Revenge (Untamed Hearts, #4)
  • A Gift of Time (Nine Minutes, #3)
  • Fathomless
  • Jett (Savage Saints MC, #3)
  • Undeserving (Undeniable, #5)
  • The Time in Between (Magdalene, #3)
  • The Gun Runner (Mafia Made, #1)
  • Gun Shy
  • Damnable Grace (Hades Hangmen, #5)
  • Hell or High Water (Four Horsemen MC #8)
  • Sinner's Revenge (Sinner's Creed, #2)
  • A Living Hell (Four Horsemen MC #9)
  • Illusions of Evil (Illusions Duet, #1)
  • Warped (Hell's Bastard, #2)
  • Ashes (Ignite, #3)
  • Temptation's Edge (Sons of Temptation, #2)
  • Crystal Whisperer (Spotless, #3)
  • Renegade (Devil's Cartel MC #1)
Writer of characters more interesting than herself: https://www.facebook.com/Lauren-Gille...

More about Lauren Gilley

Dartmoor (6 books)
  • Fearless (Dartmoor, #1)
  • Price of Angels (Dartmoor, #2)
  • The Skeleton King (Dartmoor, #3)
  • Secondhand Smoke (Dartmoor, #4)
  • American Hellhound (Dartmoor, #6)
“The world is full of terrible things. But there are beautiful things, too, and you’re one of them.” 8 likes
“Maybe ‘normal’ isn’t what you should be trying for. You’re too brave for normal.” 4 likes