Start by marking “The Sunshine and Biscotti Club” as Want to Read:
The Sunshine and Biscotti Club

The Sunshine and Biscotti Club

Moving to Italy to set up a baking club is a dream come true…

…until Libby catches her husband cheating just weeks before The Sunshine and Biscotti Club opens its doors.

With the first wave of guests set to arrive any day, Libby has no choice but to tie on her apron and get set to bake. But with a dash of sunshine and a sprinkling of old friends, Libby’s kitchen nightmar

Published May 19th 2016 by Carina

To ask other readers questions about The Sunshine and Biscotti Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sunshine and Biscotti Club

Start your review of The Sunshine and Biscotti Club
Kim
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, net-galley, 2016
This was a delightful summer read combining old friendships, hazy summer days, romance, renovating the Hotel Limoncello before it reopens to offer cooking holidays.
Libby finds out her husband has been cheating just before she is due to open her old family business. She calls on her group of friends from Uni days and they all arrive ready to paint and renew the hotel rooms and practice the classes Libby is going to offer.
Evie's marriage is feeling a little tired and she thinks the break may clear
Stacey
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a gorgeous, summery read by Jenny Oliver. This cover is so beautiful, it's definitely one of the reasons I wanted to read this story - as well as the name! It just makes you feel so warm inside just by looking at it! I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

One of the main things I enjoyed was getting to know the mix of friends that arrive to help Libby get her hotel (and The Sunshine and Biscotti Club) back on track. I loved the descriptions of each character and you really got a lovely feel of thei
Rachel Gilbey
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perfect summer reading in a nutshell, a story of friendship, a hotel renovation, broken hearts, new loves, the sunshine, and of course some delicious cookery. I started this when it was lovely and sunny outside, and couldn't put it down, it is easily my favourite book by Jenny Oliver, and if you like your chick lit warm hearted and summery then I'm sure it will become a firm favourite for you too.

The story alternates between the three leading ladies, Libby who is a food blogger and owner of the
Rea Cobb
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
The cover of The Sunshine and Biscotti Club will definitely entice you in if you are looking for a vibrant Summery read and the story it hold inside is a light, easy read perfect to pick up and put down on a lazy down around the pool.

Ultimately the storyline is about a group of friends who are reunited this Summer to help Libby renovate her baking school slash hotel ready to open to visitors from all over the world but along the way we find out each of them have their own relationship problems t
Christa Siddy
May 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book was such a light read that we were all annoyed by the shallowness of the characters and the lack of any development or depth.
Aura
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: chiclit, beach-read
Downloaded this ebook from Amazon for .99. I had high expectations for this book with such a beautiful and enticing title and cover. Unfortunately, I found that it was not as exciting as sunshine and biscotti in Italy seem to suggest. I finished it and in its defense it was a light easy read maybe for someone wanting to enjoy a trivial book set in Italy. It is definitely worth the .99 I paid. It is a quick read about friends who meet in Italy. They mingle, they bake, they drink as they supposedl ...more
Heather Withington
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is an easy read, with interesting characters but a fairly predictable plotline (which is one of the key enjoyment points of this type of book). PS I want my own Dex please.

It is an enjoyable read, with fun bits (although there is one sad bit that I did not see coming *sniffle*)

I loved the setting and the characters, and I really did enjoy it. However, the plot did tend to slow a little, meaning that I wasn't always engaged with the story.

Otherwise I loved it
Sara Eames
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent, well-written easy read - perfect for when you want a good story for a long journey. I was interested in the characters from page one and, although the outcomes are fairly predictable, it is still a lovely journey to reach the conclusion. The characters are well-written and the plot moves at a steady pace. All-in-all, an enjoyable read.
Agi
May 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-releases, 2016

I requested the book first thing from NetGalley because I had a feeling that it's winking at me, saying: read me! I just had a feeling it is just drawing me somehow, with its beautiful, sunny cover and lovely title, and well, it's by Jenny Oliver, whose books I've already read and loved.

Each chapter is told from the different character's point of view, and I liked it very much, as it gave us a great perspective and let us know their thoughts. Libby is a food blogger and owner of the Hotel Limonc
Zoe
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Intelligent, delightful, and charming!

This is a story about friendship, heartbreak, acceptance, forgiveness, love, and food.

The characters are fun-loving, dependable, flawed, and real. The plot is interesting and engaging. The writing is exquisite. And the prose is descriptive and witty.

To me, it was like sitting down to watch a reunion episode of Friends, but instead of the usual gang sitting around the Central Perk, this one had a new light-hearted bunch gathering in the lush countryside of I
Mandy Baggot
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyable holiday read. I loved getting to know the different mix of characters who were in Italy together, reuniting to help a friend for a multitude of reasons! The descriptions of the hotel, the surrounding area and those lemon groves made me long for a summer break of my own! Recommended!
Vaun Healey
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lots of love and fun.

A great story about a group of friends who accept an invitation for a work/play vacation from one of their own. Taking place in Italy. Libby has inherited an old, shabby hotel. I enjoyed the ambience and the interactions of the characters. A nice light read.
Karen wadey
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book right up to the final word. A group of friends get together after years apart to help Libby set up her hotel and cookschool in Tuscany. All the inter weaved relationships and stories makes you get involved. I like everyone except Jake(and your not supposed to like him). I will definetely be reading more.
Emma Crowley
Jul 23, 2016 rated it liked it
What a gorgeous cover the new book from Jenny Oliver, The Sunshine and Biscotti Club, has. It just screams read me now in the sunshine by the pool preferably in Italy as that is the location of choice for Libby Price’s hotel and food academy. Who wouldn’t want to be on that bike cycling through the glorious Italian countryside surrounded by lemon and olive groves as one makes their way to the hotel hoping for a good time and to indulge one’s love of cooking? Well that’s the idea anyway but perfe ...more
Nuria
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh please let there be a sequel! I am by no means ready for the awesomeness that is Jenny Oliver’s The Sunshine and Biscotti Club to be over. Not at all!

I picked up The Summerhouse by the Sea by Jenny Oliver at the beginning of this summer and I absolutely loved it. So naturally, I asked the author herself for further recommendations. And what she recommended was The Sunshine and Biscotti Club. I was hesitant at first because I don’t really like books with too many main characters. But yesterday
Carol
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Yawn....Welcome to Tuscany’s newest baking school….except that Jake has just left Libby, who needs to finish renovations on the Italian hotel she inherited but with little time left before tourist season. The solution: bring in the “old gang” to help her finished. This is great timing for Eve, whose husband has also suggested a break.
The old gang shows up; old alliances begin to reform, including tentative romances. Many knowing glances are exchanged; some skinny dipping ensues. This is all in
Gemma Harris
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This is story about a group of friends who had in reality drifted apart. No loner young, fun things, the friends congregate at Libby’s hotel the Limoncello in Italy to help her with the final refurbishments. Libby is a big name in the blogging world but in reality she’s actually falling apart and truthfully so are her friends.

The setting is portrayed beautifully and as I have a soft spot for Italy I delved in right away. As I said it was a very cute story but sometimes it was a little hard to b
Katey Easevoli
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I was going between three and four stars, but a few small editing errors brought me down to three. (On two occasions they used the wrong name of a character, and it really took me out of the story, which is a shame)
We follow along with the three main female characters and we learn about their friendships and relationships with their three male (former) neighbors. I think the author did a wonderful job entwining their past memories with current storyline, and despite having quite a few characters
Michelle
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I read this on the Kindle. Libby and her husband are renovating her aunt’s hotel, with part of it to become a baking club. She finds out that he is cheating on her, and he leaves. In desperation, to get ready before her first guests arrive, she calls on a group of old friends that have not been together for years, for various reasons. As Libby struggles to make things work, her friends also begin to work out their own personal issues. Perhaps it was the intermittent nature of how I read this nov ...more
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
It took me a little while to get into this book and when I did, I’m glad I continued to read this book. It was so sweet and I was really rooting for Libby and Dex. Not much of a romance novel but more of a book about friends coming together and helping build the Limoncello hotel. I wish I had a great group of friends like this book had. Made me realize that friendship is very important in your life.
Donna Simpson
Oct 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
I think I may just have not been in the right frame of mind for this book. Again, the answer to everyone's problems is finding the right guy. Your husband leaves you one day and you hook up with someone the next. Really? Not to mention that it's someone you know one of your friends is interested in? Seems like that a breach of girl code. Is it possible to be happy and single? Where is that book? Maybe I'm just projecting...
Gwen Kozlowski
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty good

This one took me a bit to connect with the main characters. At first I found them all a little bit annoying and self-centered. Once the book evolved it was a really great story about personal growth and adulthood. Of course it also made me want to buy a ramshackle hotel and move to the Tuscan countryside!
Krishna Puri
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it
A story about friendship how a group of friends have a chance meeting after years of their paths diverging and how their lives converge again. It’s a light read about baking, holiday, reunion, cherishing friendship and growing up. Some parts are a bit dragged hence the 3 stars
Ema
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This is an in between. I'd four star it if I were reading two years ago, but I think this is going to be a forgettable one for me despite its adorable setting and the absolutely heartwarming ending. I very much enjoyed this though, and a baking club at an Italian hotel is just delightful.
Janice Kramer
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sunshine and Biscotti

It was difficult to get into, so many characters, each with a long story behind then. But 1\2 way through, I felt a part of their lives and didn't want to put my book down or have the story to end. Read, get into it . . . and you will not be disappointed.
Katy
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Very sweet! I had a bit of a hard time getting into this book and remembering all the characters' back stories, but I really began to enjoy it about 50% through. It's not so much about Libby, but about her, her two friends, and their 5 guy friends/SOs.
Jon
Jun 08, 2017 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars for this cute story of old friends now grown up. Set in a lovely setting among a lake and an hotel.

I loved the characters and friendships renewed and old baggage each carry dumped out. A fun and short relaxing read.
Sue
May 05, 2020 rated it liked it
A good story
Sandra Richardson
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the book...the chapter when they first made cakes was so funny ...tears rolling down my face!
Alexia
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Yet another $1.99 kindle deal but this was a decent one- for fun. Good way to spend a beautiful summer day outside.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Lemon Tree Café (The Lemon Tree Cafe, #1-4)
  • The Heavenly Italian Ice Cream Shop
  • Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights
  • The Little Flower Shop by the Sea
  • The Bookshop on Rosemary Lane (Rosemary Lane #1)
  • One Hot Summer
  • The Mum Who Got Her Life Back
  • The Little Bakery on Rosemary Lane (Rosemary Lane #2)
  • Secrets and Seashells at Rainbow Bay
  • The Little Teashop of Lost and Found
  • Confetti at the Cornish Cafe (The Cornish Cafe series - #3)
  • Searching for Steven (Whitsborough Bay, #1)
  • Poppy's Recipe for Life
  • The Little Dreams of Lara Cliffe: Quick Reads 2020
  • Midnight Cactus
  • A Merry Christmas Wedding Mystery (Georgie Shaw, #4)
  • Murder at Catmmando Mountain (Georgie Shaw #1)
  • Ashley Crane Cozy Mystery Boxed Set
Jenny Oliver is the bestselling author of The Summerhouse by the Sea - the PERFECT book for your summer reading! Out May 18th.
Her book The Sunshine and Biscotti Club, set in sunny Tuscany, was nominated for the Best Contemporary Romantic Novel at the RONA awards.
Jenny wrote her first book on holiday when she was ten years old. Illustrated with cut-out supermodels from her sister's Vogue, it was