Start by marking “Ghostlight (Deadgirl #2)” as Want to Read:
Ghostlight (Deadgirl #2)

Ghostlight

(Deadgirl #2)

Transformed into a “phantom” by her own titanic will to live, Lucy must feed on the essence, memories, and emotions of others to keep herself solid. After defeating her Grim Reaper and learning that she could survive without hurting people, Lucy thought the madness was finally over.

Her cravings for essence under control, Lucy tries to live a normal life. Apparently you
ebook
Published May 16th 2016 by Curiosity Quills Press

To ask other readers questions about Ghostlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghostlight

Start your review of Ghostlight (Deadgirl #2)
Kristen Burns
4 Stars

Full Review:
*I received a free ecopy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

In my review of the first book in the series, I mentioned how I was bothered by the jealousy, the vanity, the high school drama, etc. But the great thing about this book was, even though those things were still there, they seemed to be in lesser quantities, and they just kind of faded out of my mind at some point as I got sucked into the story.

This book was more intense and emotional
Carrie (brightbeautifulthings)
I started this series in October based on a recommendation from Roberta at Offbeat YA, the queen of afterlife stories. I’m far behind on my series reading but still plan to see it through. I’m loving these new covers! There are spoilers ahead for Deadgirl. Trigger warnings: death, rape, torture, ableism.

Since killing her Reaper, Lucy Day has had months to adjust to her new (after)life as a phantom. She survives on the essence of objects to avoid hurting people with the help of her mentor, Puck.
☆Stephanie☆
You can also see this review @ http://teacherofya.tumblr.com

Title: Deadgirl: Ghostlight (Sequel to Deadgirl)

Author: B.C. Johnson

Publisher: Curiosity Quills, 2016

Genre: YA Fantasy, YA Paranormal

**I received a copy of this book free from NetGalley and the Publisher in exchange for an honest review**

My Review:

Johnson has taken me for a ride, and I loved every minute of it. His two novels, “Deadgirl” and “Deadgirl: Ghostlight” have been so entertaining that I got through them in a marathon

Kelly
Feb 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
I'm not opposed to the idea of horror novels for young adults, which I think is what this wants to be, but I do think it takes a lot of skill, and some smart decisions need to be made. I don't think a novel around a gang of teenage serial gang-rapists who video their assaults and rapes as they transition to snuff films is the sort of thing where "adult man writing as teen girl" works.
Roberta R. (Offbeat YA)
Excerpt from my review - originally published at Offbeat YA.

Pros: Main lead gets you hooked. Story has something in it for everyone: pain and fun, epic and normalcy (um, not so much), dating and acting, growing up and staying alive (sort of).
Cons: Some teen drama/angst. Almost-love-triangle with an additional complication. Pop culture references galore (some of them slightly out of the characters' reach IMO).
WARNING! Gang violence and almost rape. Teen sex (nothing overly graphic, and
Leticia
I received this book from the publisher Curiosity Quills Press in exchange for an honest review.

Warning! This isn’t a book I’d recommend to anyone under 17. There are tough topics in this book. Read at your own discretion.

When I first started to read this book, I was unaware it was actually a second novel. Finding that out definitely removed the feeling of “am I missing something here?” Ha.

I was utterly pulled in and rapt by this book. A few times I was called to do something and struggled to
Chelle
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Satisfying follow-up that expands the world around our plucky heroine Lucy, thrusting her into situations that prove that everything about her life-death-afterlife is part of something much bigger than herself. It's as funny as its predecessor, and at times incredibly moving. It's really satisfying to see how Lucy is growing (and she grows a lot, man) and the relationships with the people around her also grow and change and progress in ways that are organic, never forced for plot or drama. The ...more
Laurie Franco
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Back in 2012 I joined Goodreads at the recommendation of a PA of an author I liked. I'd emailed her to inquire about how to get ARC's and her PA responded and suggested Goodreads. One book that I received was from an author I'd never heard of before, but whose story sounded really good. It was a book called Deadgirl. I flew through the story and loved it! I also had no idea it had the potential to be a series. I saw Ghostlight on Netgalley and had a fan girl moment, and requested the book. I ...more
Montzalee Wittmann
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Deadgirl: Ghostlight by B.C. Johnson is book 2 in the series but can be read as a stand alone. Our gal of the story, Lucy, has died and come back to life somehow and now is a type of phantom that feeds on emotions. All of this was from book 1. Now she is trying to live a normal teenage life. The author does such a wonderful job of getting into the mind and speak of a teen girl, it was amazing! Come to find out, one of Lucy's friends is not human, there are people after her, there are serial ...more
Joyce
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is about a teenage girl Lucy Day who was killed in the prior book to this one and becomes a "phantom". She needs "essence" to keep herself from fading away. She is trying to live her life the best she can and some of her friends know about her situation. One of them Daphne, has abilities of her own. She is a "Ker" and can sense when someone is going to die. Daphne and Lucy go about trying to save people. But they don't realize that this will possibly kill them as well.

I got this book
Sharon Belcastro
Jun 05, 2016
Alisa Grossman
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Second book in series. Characters are interesting... loved the storyline! Not your typical vampire book. Easy to get lost in. Creative and funny!!!! Still amazed that book has female heroine and was written by a guy!! Like seriously well done!!!! Same feel as Morganville Vampire series. Enjoy!!
Kim
Lori Murray
Jun 02, 2016
Barbara White
Jun 04, 2016
B.C. Johnson lives in Southern California with his beautiful wife Gina, his fluffy/angry Corgi-mix Luna, and his destructive Viking sons Dash and Wyatt. He writes about snarky characters being snarky while supernatural things try to eat them. When he’s not playing video games, watching Marvel movies, or just generally being a ninth-level dork, he’s thinking about doing all that stuff. All of his ...more

Deadgirl (3 books)