Start by marking “Everyone's Happier Than You” as Want to Read:
Everyone's Happier Than You

Read Book* *Different edition

Everyone's Happier Than You

A collection of short poems from over the years, a handful of which have previously appeared either online or in places like Edgar Literary Review, Sow's Ear Poetry Review, Nerve Cowboy, and The Oregonian Newspaper.

Chapbook length: approximately 50 poems

Note: Some of these poems appear in The Cloud Seeders
Paperback, First, 54 pages
Published January 20th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Everyone's Happier Than You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyone's Happier Than You

Start your review of Everyone's Happier Than You
Christa Boisvert
i stumbled across this book of poems on my goodreads account & i am very glad i found it. i find it hard to find relatable poetry other than poets such as bukowski ect. jamie put together a short compilation of poems that were were strangely relatable (not all in detail but in my overall feel of the world hence everyone’s happier than you) & then order of the poems from beginning to end were just stunningly put together. highly recommend.
Heidi
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
James Zerndt has written a compilation of roughly about fifty short poems that expresses a range of emotions.

I rarely get the chance to read poetry. Mainly because I'm not sure what to read and where to find good poetry books that I can not only understand, but enjoy. I'm happy to say Mr. Zerndt has done a fine job with this read.

Some of the poems were a little challenging to understand and I had to read a couple of them twice. However, this did not deter my enjoyment at all. I am happy that I
Gina Andrews
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways, poetry
I thoroughly enjoyed this book of poetry. James Zerndt is a master wordsmith. From the short "Two Figures of Speech Walk into a Bar" to the longer poetry-prose "I Want to Write Something About The Airport" Zerndt shows why he is great.

Disclaimer:
I have to say
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway
So it is true
I am one who is happier than you
Carolyn
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully eclectic mix of poems about various subjects. Thoughtful, sometimes witty, and always insightful. I loved this book.
Abigail
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of poetry, especially those who like Ted Kooser for his homey feel
Shelves: 2018, poetry, giveaways
I would like to start by saying this collection of poetry pleasantly surprised me. Most collections of poetry I pick up these days are nothing more than a couple lines of vague advice about living your best life and moving on from the boy. Everyone's Happier Than You actually felt like a collection of poetry.
With subjects ranging from passing mothers to bacon, and a feeling of Midwest in most of the poems (something I particularly enjoyed being from the midwest originally myself), this collec
J.D. DeHart
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the pleasure of reading Jamie Zerndt's Everyone's Happier Than You following my reading of the novel Jerkwater. I found these poems to be entertaining and conversational from the very first page.

Sometimes Zerndt displays humor and other times these poems are meditations and reflections. I found "Fantasy Rejection Letter," for example, to be quite funny, while on the next page, "There It Is" reached back into description and meditation.

Each entry is worth a visit here, with some taking up o
Julie Witte
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deep, thick, warm.

I received a copy of this through GoodReads First Reads for my honest review. I gave this collection of poems 5 stars because I felt each one so deeply. Mr. Zerndt has a true gift of wrapping his poems around you like a blanket.
Rachel
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
Giveaway - Thank you for the opportunity to read this book!

A fine collection of poems of all sorts... funny, sad, whimsical, sarcastic, silly, some very personal and raw. I really enjoyed reading them, thank you!
Theresa Wade
A very nice collection of poems.
Alex
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I'm not normally a huge fan of poetry, especially in reading poetry like a book. However, this whole collection ran together very well. ...more
Ruby Mcalister
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite poetry book.

I keep coming back to this book. I have no words for feelings, but this book is worthy. Read and feel alive.
Jim Bennett
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I often begin a review by explaining that star counts reflect personal preferences and cultural background. While that is the case here, five stars was an easy decision. More on star counts at the end of this review.
As always, google anything you’re not 100% sure of. Zerndt is well-informed and wide-ranging. You’re in for some pleasant surprises in what seem to be innocent names and places.
To do a review, I read the entire book and make notes. Then I go back to poems I marked as special. This ti
Natasha
Leland Lee
Jillian Easton
Feb 04, 2016

• Infinity Squad
  • How to Draw Cute Stuff for Kids: A step by step Drawing Guide for Kids to Learn How to Draw 180 Cutie Stuff in 4 Easy Steps
  • All My Friends Are Still Dead
  • Celluloid
  • The Four Wives of the Sanibel Sunset Detective
  • The White Blouse (Hotel Horror)
  • Beautiful Odd: 9 little stories
  • The Witches Moon (Robert Budd Mystery #4)
  • The Mystery of the Missing Banker (Stafford Krieger Mystery Series Book 4)
  • Harmony: The Novel
  • The Grey Fairy Book
  • Madam Tulip and the Serpent's Tree (Madam Tulip #4)
  • Bangkok Warlock (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #1)
  • Dead, Down & Out
  • Bitten: My Unexpected Love Affair with Florida (Florida Quincentennial Book)
  • The Gallery of the Dead (Tropical Breeze #3)
  • A Sick And Twisted Coronavirus Christmas
  • Biomedical Self-Engineering 1
Jamie Zerndt is the author of THE CLOUD SEEDERS, THE KOREAN WORD FOR BUTTERFLY, and THE ROADRUNNER CAFE. His short story, "THIS JERKWATER LIFE", was recently chosen as an Editor's Pick in Amazon's Kindle Singles store. He received an MFA in Writing from Pacific University and now lives in Portland, Oregon, with his son.