Start by marking “Unquiet (Resilient Love #3)” as Want to Read:
Unquiet (Resilient Love #3)

Unquiet

(Resilient Love #3)

A Resilient Love Story

Loren Smith has been in love with Eliot Devlin almost his entire life. During their turbulent childhood and teen years, Loren didn’t always understand Eliot, and sometimes he could be a challenge, but Eliot was the only one to ever truly ease Loren’s deep loneliness and accept him. When Eliot’s increasingly erratic and self-destructive behavior culmin
Published January 22nd 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Unquiet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unquiet

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This book is BRUTAL.

Honest.

REAL.

Loren (Kai's best friend and one-time lover in book 2) and Eliot were childhood best friends. Loren has always loved Eliot.

But Eliot has rapid-cycling bipolar 1 disorder comorbid with anxiety. He self-medicates with alcohol and loses himself for days and weeks on end. He becomes possessed by demons and tries to take his own life.

"People like me better when I'm manic. And I like how I feel ... like I can do anything I want, be anything I want. Anything inste
Jan
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, favorites

What a heartbreaking journey!

I have nothing bad to say about this story.
The writing was captivating, the MC's were well crafted, the story was moving and felt extremely real. Besides, I found the mental illness approach respectful and beautifully done.

Now, my very personal 2 rambling cents:

This is one of those stories that made me put my hand on my heart
and truly think about everything I take for granted in life, making me feel guilty for not giving a single thought about them on a daily basis.
A
.Lili.
 photo tMzktCG3yGP7_zpsgmwjv2z6.gif

I am emotionally exhausted after reading this book. After reading the past two books in the series: Everything Changes and Signs of Life I knew this book would be angsty, but I was not prepared for the level of turmoil this book brought. This book is brutally honest and heartbreaking and to be frank, I almost DNF'ed it.

photo ff44c6c8-ed03-49ce-87af-7b0815bc06b7_zpsbmdjb7yh.jpg

Eliot and Loren have been best friends since childhood.They did everything together, but Loren always knew that Eliot was different. Eliot is bipolar; his moods go from hyper to
Shile
5++++++++ “Do you see the moon, Loren?” stars

“To stability. To strength and perseverance, and unconditional love.”

Damn! This book broke my heart.

description

My heart broke for Eliot and Loren. These two met when they were 6 years old and become best friends, then when they were 17, Eliot had a major breakdown, Loren did not know how to handle the situation and left. First forward 9 years later they met again and from there the struggle begin.

"Why do you keep me around, Loren? Why do you even care?"
"Be
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Consistent Stars

I’m truly impressed with this series as Hansen showcases tough topics and challenges, this time around focusing on mental illness and the havoc it can wreak on those involved.

Loren has loved Elliot since they were 6 years old, bedazzled by his energy and charm and quirkiness. Despite those attributes slowly evolving into something a lot more serious, Loren never thought they’d not be together. However, life is never predictable and Elliot’s illness forces these two apart at the
Lyn
Audio - 2 stars for a mostly subdued, emotionless, and at time stiff performance

Story - 5 stars for an unforgettable and enlightening read

I knew this would be an exhausting read, and I was going to pass on it. I’m so glad I didn’t. I appreciate that the author didn’t put any kind of fairy tale spin to it. She kept is so very real. People who deal with mental illness, and the people who stay in their lives loving and supporting them, have my upmost respect. I’m in awe!
Ele

“It’s easy to love them when they’re stable,” [...]
“And it’s when they’re not that they need us the most.”
“When it comes to bipolar disorder, love isn’t just a feeling. It’s an action word. It’s a fucking decision.”

This story did not let me take a breather. It's harsh and raw, start to finish. Not for the faint of heart.

I applaud the author, for not glossing over the details of mental illness, and for not shying away from the ugliness it can cause to a relationship, just to give the readers
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***5 Stars***

"It's easy to love them when they're stable, and it's when they're not that they need us the most.

When it comes to bipolar disorder, man, love isn't just a feeling. It's an action word. It's a fucking decision."

WOW!! I don't know what I can say about this book that hasn't already been said. It's such an honest portrayal of mental illness...from many perspectives. From the parent who loves their child dearly but is exhausted, to the lover who feels both helpless and hopeful...to t
Dalia
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disabilities, m-m

Loren Smith and Eliot Devlin have been best friends since the age of six. They were inseparable, until an unfortunate series of events in their senior year of high school caused them to break apart.

Nine years later they meet again. Loren pursued his childhood dream and now he's a police officer. Eliot, on the other hand, struggles with bipolar disorder and self-medicates himself with alcohol. It shatters Loren's heart to see the person he's always loved in such a bad state. He'll do eve
Ariana
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, made-me-cry
I finally did it. I've had this on my tbr for over a year and half. But this needed the right moment. And it finally arrived yesterday.
Once I finished this book, I took a deep breath and slept on it because I needed some distance.

Because this was incredibly intense and heart-breaking and beautiful.

I cried at the end. Not because of the end itself (it is all as good as it can be), but because life deals some people such a shitty hand. And if they want to have love and a life worth living, they h
Sheri
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

But can you see the moon??
*sigh*

This book has been on my "need to read NOW" list since I finished the final page of "Signs of Life", the second book in the Resilient Love series. Jeremy and Kai's story TORE ME UP...and I loved every torturous moment. I was a bit timid of this new couple's story because initially I wasn't a huge fan of Loren. He grew on me bit by bit, but it wasn't an instant connection between him and I. Silly Sheri. I should have known better. Miss Hansen didn't pull her punche
Karen
This one absolutely gutted me...

I don't think I've ever read a book where a couple deserved a 'happily ever after' more. "Unquiet" is the third book in Melanie Hansen's 'Resilient Love' series and I've enjoyed each of these stories so very much but this one...damn, it seriously broke my heart. It's one of the few books where I can honestly say I think I spent at least as much time crying as not. Sometimes it was happy tears...othertimes not so much.

We first met Loren in 'Signs of Life' book #
BWT (Belen)

I'm not going to lie - this story gutted me and I almost gave up listening several times. I had to walk away a couple of times and listen or read something else just to take a break. But it kept drawing me back because I couldn't stop thinking about the characters.

This is one of the best stories I've read where mental health is not demonized, or belittled, but rather almost tenderly explained. Eliot has rapid-cycling bipolar 1 disorder with hypersexuality compulsion.

Trigger Warning: Cheating
Jewel
4.5 Stars

I heard right. All the series angst is in this book. It was brutal and real and intense. I cannot imagine what it must be like to have to navigate the very uncertain waters of being bipolar. And I'm glad I don't have to.

Eliot and Loren met as children, when Eliot's family moved in next door to Loren. Loren was a lonely kid and he and Eliot were instant best friends and for the next 12 years they are nearly inseparable. They discover so many things together, including what it means to l
Jaime
5+ Stars -- This book is EXCELLENT!! RAW. EMOTIONAL. GRITTY. BRUTAL. HONEST

Melanie Hansen has outdone herself with the third installment in her "Resilient Love" series, Unquiet. This is a story I have been waiting for and to say it blew my fucking mind, would be an understatement. I have to warn you though, if you have depression or Bipolar disorder this book may have some very strong triggers, so please go into it knowing this and prepared.

Our MC Eliot and Loren met each other when they were
Tammy
Heart wrenching story full of angst, mistrust, self-blame, misunderstanding, mental instability and a-hell of a lot of PURE LOVE ❤. This book was the most heartbreaking in the series but it was also my favorite! It felt real and really made an impact for me and opened my eyes for people and family members going through one form or another of mental illness. Excellent exhausting high and low book but I’m so happy Loren got his true love back and in their own way had their hea ❤seeing the moon 🌚 🌕 ...more
Amanda
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 'tear jerker' stars

"Do you see the moon, Loren?"

I shouldn't have read this one while on flight. The person next to me must think I'm a wreck, or worst... suicidal.

description

This story is about two childhood friends that reconnect again later in their lives and one of them suffered from mental illness. Loren and Elliot are best friends since they are six years old. Even with Elliot weirdness, Loren feel such a strong kinship with the boy who lives next door.

"I would have fought a thousand Bobby LaMotte
Phee
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Don't really want to write a review for this one. To be honest, books that depict mental illness aren't easy to rate and review as personal opinion/experiences can have a huge effect on what you feel.
This one has left me feeling a bit deflated and in a low mood, despite it relatively happy outcome. I don't think trying to dissect my own thoughts would be good right now.
Perhaps I'll write something when I feel better.
Monica Vidal
*Author is a personal friend, so the ARC was provided by her. As perks of being her friend I get to read her books first, usually lots of versions of them, but this one I only read the full version after it was done.

Ok. Loren and Eliot. Sighs. Oh boy oh boy...this one is tough. Not tough as in "sad and angst-y", but tough as in sadly realistic. Eliot suffers from mental issues, he's bipolar, he suffers from depression, he struggles every single day and even though I have never dealt with anythi
Cadiva
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Melanie Hansen is without any doubt one of the finest authors I've read when it comes to portraying damaged men.

But that's not to say her men are broken, no they are as far from broken as they could be because each of them finds and keeps hold of hope and lives by the mantra of just for today.

This book is the finest of the three in this series because of the brutally honest way in which Eliot's struggle with mental illness is depicted.

Bipolar is a cruel and vicious diagnosis to have and it neve
Taylor Donovan
I went through so many emotions while reading this story. At points I found myself holding my breath, scared of what might come next.

Loved the realness of Eliot's condition and the effects same had on his and Loren's relationship. I believed in them as people and as a couple, and I really appreciate that Melanie Hansen didn't smear spunk from the magic penis all over our heroes to fix everything that's "wrong" with them.

If you're into realistic stories, go ahead and grab this one. :-)
Bev
***Audio Review***

Great narration from Michael Stellman. I loved his interpretation of The Mating of Michael by Eli Easton, and as soon as I saw he'd narrated this one, I was all over it. Such a shame the first 2 stories in the series were narrated by Robert Nieman, whose boring narrating unfortunately always leaves me feeling distinctly underwhelmed.

***Book Review***

Fabulously written by Ms Hansen. I cried for Eliot AND Loren, for the happy life that they'd had from the age of 6 before Eliot's
Alisa
I'm going to say right out the gate that my rating of this book probably is unfair. If I based it on the writing quality I would give it a 5 star. If I based in on my enjoyment of the book I would give it a 1 star. I'm going split the difference with a 3.

This story is brutal and takes a very realistic look at loving someone with a chronic, severe mental health issue. I would go so far as to say it's a love story but not a romance. If you're looking for a story with a touching hea this ain't it.
Lelyana
"When you walk away, I just pray you’ll be the one who comes back."

I know one Eliot in real life.

His life is not pretty.

This book is honestly brutal. And I had to put down and pause a few times to be able to continue. This is not a a simple romance book. This is, a life lesson. You need courage to read this one.

Because, I know. I've been there, and it's not pretty.
This book broke my heart, emotional like witnessing the moment of truth.
Sad, but at the same time, this is beautiful.
I couldn't
Pixie
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Pixie by: Elsa Bravante
Let me start this out by saying this book was not my cup of tea. Like at all. When I want anguish and despair I really mean like the whole will they or won’t they type. This book gave me sucky feels. It was a train wreck. It was brutal. I hated it.

BUT….well it was basically what Lenore & Elsa said it would be…a brutally honest depiction of being in a relationship with someone who was mentally ill. Eliot was never well in this book. He ranged from charmingly & interestingly unstable to “
Tina

This one was a ride to hell and back, and not an easy read.

Kudos to Melanie Hansen for tackling a challenging subject like bipolare disorder and write it believable.
Great Epilog, loved it.
Mandi Schreiner
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This is a difficult book for me to grade. Romance books can put you through hell, but at the end, you know there will be a happy ever after. This is definitely a romance book and the two men fall in love and are in love at the end. But the forever part - I'm worried. Melanie Hansen dives deeeeeeep into Bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety.

Loren and Eliot met in the first grade and became best friends. Eliot was always a little different - obsessed with the moon and sometimes having manic ide
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, m-m, romance, ebook
This book. There is one hell of an amazing love story here. Hansen has done a remarkable job building the foundation for Loren and Eliot. They meet as children. The boys are just six years old. The first fifty pages goes through their lives until high school graduation. Readers can easily see that these two are perfect for each other. Their feelings for each other is a tangible thing right there on the pages in front of you. There are numerous warning signs where Eliot and his problems are conce ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• MAXWELL 3: Love's Conviction (Phoenix Club, #15)
  • Beneath the Stain
  • Sebastian: The Complete Series
  • Heart
  • Patchwork Paradise
  • Special Forces: Soldiers Part I -Director's Cut
  • Vivaldi in the Dark (Vivaldi in the Dark, #1)
  • Hot Mess
  • Escaped (Little Boy Lost, #5)
  • The Story of Us
  • Block and Strike
  • The Dilemma (Sirius Wolves, #5)
  • The River Leith
  • The Flesh Cartel #19: Promise
  • Rocky Mountain Refuge
Melanie Hansen has spent time in Texas and Florida prisons…for work. She’s been in a room with a 17-year-old mass murderer who was also one of the most soft-spoken and polite teenagers she’s ever met. After a 13-year career as a court reporter, she can tell many stories both hilarious and heartbreaking.

She grew up with an Air Force dad, and ended up marrying a Navy man. After living and working al

Resilient Love (3 books)
  • Everything Changes (Resilient Love #1)
  • Signs of Life (Resilient Love #2)