Start by marking “The Other Side of Later” as Want to Read:
The Other Side of Later

The Other Side of Later

Julia Merina always thought her life would be simple - go to college, meet Mr. Right, find her dream job, and live happily ever after. But just shy of 25, she learns the hard way that life rarely goes according to plan.

Now, at age 28, Julia’s life revolves around her three year old son, Carson, her career at Oceanic Marketing, and her supportive family. After the turbulen
Kindle Edition, 2016, 268 pages
Published January 21st 2016 by D. K. Hamilton (first published March 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Other Side of Later, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Other Side of Later

booksofallkinds
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
THE OTHER SIDE OF LATER by D.K. Hamilton is a heartfelt, emotional story about family, friendship, and the fear that can sometimes surround love.

Julia learned the hard way that you should never let anyone take control of your life, and even though she is happy now with her gorgeous little boy, her supportive family, and her hard-earned career, she knows that she will never let down her guard when it comes to the opposite sex. But one rainy afternoon soon sets Julia on a new path, where she has
Karen Bobrow
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I admit that I bought this book by accident, thinking I was buying a book by another indie writer I was following on Twitter. However, this turned out to be a happily-ever-after accident. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it for anyone looking for a romance to read on a cold winter day.

Julia has trust issues resulting from her failed marriage. Although in a very successful marriage myself, I can identify with Julia's struggles to trust once again. After losing the trust
Asher Hollway
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After a disaster of a marriage resulting in Carson, an energetic toddler boy, Julia hasn't been on a date for several years. Add the chance meeting of an old school friend, Drew, and The Other Side of Later is born.

The Other Side of Later is a feel-good, happily ever after romance. The flashbacks from Julia's past marriage made the storyline more interesting and I was intrigued as to what or who made her past marriage fail. I liked that there was another romance going on besides the main one. I
Ashley
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for writing an honest review.

This book is a classic but complicated love story, which I really enjoyed. It revolves around the hectic life of single mom, Julia, who is juggling work and a young son on her own. She doesn’t have any time for love and also doesn’t feel like she needs it. She has shut herself off for so long that she doesn’t know how to feel when a guy from high school shows up into her life again, and he’s nothing like she remembers.
Micah
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julia is immediately likeable and relatable. While you don't know exactly what she's gone through until much later in the book, you get a sense of her strength right from the start. And how can you not fall for Drew? Seriously. He does everything right, and he sounds pretty nice to look at as well. I think the only thing I disliked about the book was lack of development with key side characters, Luke and Taylor. Though I hope that just means there will be a sequel.
Karen
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Refreshing...perfect for a summer day on the beach, by the pool, or just a leisurely relaxing day! Thoroughly enjoyable!
Jordan
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick and easy read! I really hope there's a sequel!
Sacha Valero
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Synopsis:

Julia Merina meets her dream guy in college and he sweeps her off her feet. Slowly, after they’re married his true nature of being a control freak and philanderer begin to surface. He leaves her as he admits he’s taken a reassignment across the country and that his long- time lover lives there too. Only after he leaves does Julia discover she’s pregnant.

Now a single mother with a career that’s taking off she’s out running one afternoon when a summer downpour causes her to seek refuge in
D.K. Hamilton
Mar 29, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Since this is my debut novel, I'm obviously a little bias so I won't be giving a rating or review. :)

Please visit my official website http://www.dkhamiltonauthor.com for frequent giveaways and posts about the inspiration for The Other Side of Later as well as updates and sneak peeks of the sequel as I write it.

Thanks for reading!
Elle
Feb 23, 2018
Kristy Stewart
Sep 12, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to visit my page! I'm so excited my debut novel, The Other Side of Later, is now available on Amazon!

While I graduated from college with a degree in engineering, by the time I was in my late 20s, I discovered my real passion is writing. I wrote The Other Side of Later over the course of a couple years late at night, on weekends, and during any minute I could spare.

I've b
“That’s the funny thing about life...you don’t know you’re missing something. Then when you get it, you don’t know what you’d do without it.” 2 likes
“The ideas and ideals that we have in our 18 year old heads when we graduate from high school are hardly realistic.” 1 likes