Start by marking “Untamed (House of Night, #4)” as Want to Read:
Untamed (House of Night, #4)

Untamed (House of Night #4)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  202,775 Ratings  ·  3,444 Reviews
Zoey Redbird's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested and shocking true intentions come to light, in this spellbinding fourth novel in the House of Night series.
Paperback, First Edition, 338 pages
Published September 23rd 2008 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Untamed, please sign up.
Devz Milady Aint that funny considering the person doing the slut-shaming i.e. Zoey is the only actual ho and slut ?
ilove123 It most was to do with zoey and her friends but I gathered a lot from this book it had more depth than just relationships she was trying to get to…moreIt most was to do with zoey and her friends but I gathered a lot from this book it had more depth than just relationships she was trying to get to know herself more and that is what it meant by untamed as she couldn't figure out how to free herself from her thoughts and she felt lost within herself. But that's just my point of view(less)
City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
27,169 books — 63,787 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeePride and Prejudice by Jane AustenTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Best Books Ever
52,111 books — 183,367 voters

More lists with this book...

Rhiana
Sep 25, 2008 rated it it was ok
I like the general story line and the characters, but the redundant writing is getting a little old. Constant vocabulary lessons from Damien, the author describes everyone over and over again, everything from their personalities to their day to day clothing choices. Everytime the Grandmother speaks she calls Zoey the Cherokee word for daughter and every single time the author explains that the word makes her feel safe. There is a whole lot of explaining and back story and description and really ...more
Bex
Apr 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Right off the bat, this is my favorite book of The House of Night series. Yes, it's only book 4, but it is fantastic. This book doesn't deal with Zoey's love life as much as the others have. I'm all for the ooey-gooey bits, but this one does well without her having a boy (or man) in her life. It focuses on Zoey coming into her own and she is beginning to portray the high priestess that she really is.

A new character, Stark, is introduced, but his part is just too short in this book, so I'm hopin
Sunsontops
Aug 10, 2009 rated it did not like it
I TOTALLY NEED TO VENT AT THE STUPIDITY/IDIOCY/AND OBVIOUS MENTAL ISSUES OF THE MAIN CHARACTER.

OK, honestly, what type of reaction would you expect from someone who used to be your boyfriend and CAUGHT you in the action of not only making out with someone, but down right naked in a freakin room at school doing the freak nasty to a teacher. LIKE REALLY, HAVE YOU NO SHAME OR BRAINS. THUS, THIS STUPID PARAGRAPH GETS ON MY NERVES.

'Erik looked at me. His blue eyes were absolutely expressionless, whic
Maria
Sep 29, 2008 rated it liked it
Ok, so I really hated the last book and I told myself I wasn't going to read anymore of this series, but I came across a cheap electronic version and I couldn't help myself. I am glad I did. This book was so much better than the previous ones, my only two complaints are: 1. too short!! and 2. I know this is targeted towards a young audience, but come on, does Zoe really need multiple love interests in every book!!!? And to make it worse, does she really have to fall "head over heels" for EVERY g ...more
Abby Ellis
Jul 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
I found the book so fucking annoying. Why is Zoey such a ho and a hypocrite? She and her friends call Aphrodite a ho when Zoey is a ho! I mean, she was dating Erik, Loren, and Heath. At the same time! Then she goes after Stark and when it's been two or three days she starts kissing up on him! What the hell?

The fact that she has to mention that Damien and Jack are gay and that Shaunee and Erin aren't twins gets on my nerves every time!

Then she gets all mad when Erik starts to call her a slut! Can
Arinda
Mar 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
Nikoleta
Jul 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Αυτό το βιβλίο μου άρεσε περισσότερο από τα προηγούμενα, καθώς οι χαρακτήρες μου φάνηκαν αρκετά πιο ώριμοι. Ειδικά όσον αφορά την πρωταγωνίστρια Ζόι, νομίζω ότι έγινε άλμα στις μεταξύ μας σχέσεις, εφόσον σταμάτησε να φλερτάρει με 452 άντρες ταυτόχρονα, για να ασχοληθεί με πιο σοβαρά θέματα, οπότε σταμάτησα να θέλω να περάσω από πάνω της με φορτηγο.
Ένα θέμα είχα μόνο, το βιβλίο είναι γεμάτο πολλές, περιττές συζητήσεις, που τραβάνε πολύ και νιώθω ότι δεν θα τελειώσουν ποτέ, άλλωστε αυτός είναι και
Courtney
Sep 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Twilight
Okay, even though I haven't been a teen for a couple of years (uhm, make that over a decade), I'm a HUGE fan of the House of Night series. (Rather obvious, considering I bought it on the date of its release) Marked, Betrayed and Chosen were superb! That said, I really enjoyed Untamed, but if I had to order the books according to preference - it'd be fourth on my list.

I eagerly await Hunted. And the twists and turns I anticipate (and can't even imagine) will result from the events in Untamed. (N
Cyna
Aug 18, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So when we last left Zoey, Erik had mercilessly slut-shamed Zoey until her friends abandoned her, Loren had died, and Neferet was evilly declaring war against humans for those murders that she totally didn’t do. Untamed picks up like a day or two later, with Zoey sulking because her friends are angry at her for not telling them things I can’t be fucked to remember. I think it was about Stevie Rae? Also possibly Loren? Anyway, the vital part is that Zoey’s adrift with only Aphrodite as an ally, w ...more
Jacey
Mar 08, 2009 rated it did not like it
It's a good thing these teen vampire dramas take only a couple of hours to read. I've read the first four of this series and each one made me vomit in my mouth just a little more. Seriously. I know, you're asking why I have read 4 if the first one made me throw up even just a little. Well, it's a funny thing, I'd rather stick a book out on the off chance that the ending makes the whole thing worth it, than never know if the ending made the whole thing worth it. Now mind you, the ending-making-a- ...more
Julie
Oct 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: vampire fans
Recommended to Julie by: Shannon
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

2.5 "Well, this is getting old" stars...

So much potential...

Things have gotten bad for Zoey Redbird in Untamed, book 4 of the House of Night series. In one week she has gone from having 3 boyfriends to none and from having a trusted group of friends to being an outcast.
From the cover:

"Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light and an ancient evil is awakened."
My thoughts...

Meh. Same ol', same ol' d
Alisa
Jun 15, 2009 rated it it was ok
What seems to bother me about this series is that as preoccupied with calling every other girl around her a "slut" or "ho" for the smallest things, Zoey sure does seem to be quite a bit of one herself. I mean seriously, she lost her virginity on the floor of the recreation hall in her school for God sake! To a grown man! And she cheated with him two other boyfriends! She is in no position to judge anyone.

What makes me even more annoyed is that she continues to call people "hos" and "sluts" even
Laura (Booksforbreakfast)
Aug 27, 2010 rated it did not like it
There isn't much to say about this novel other than it made me not want to finish the series. Zoe is such an annoying little putz that I just have the desire to slap some sense into her!

I felt like so much of the book was what happened in the previous novels that I was bored to tears. The book should've only been 200 or so pages without the BS. I don't have a desire to read more of this series so I'll leave it at that.

Also...all the love interests are laughable.
Christophe
Nov 30, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody
Recommended to Christophe by: I found the series on my own.
OK. So this book is horribly written. It seems a 12 yo wrote it. I think the other books in this series are pretty good and I was so excited when I ordered it from my local bookstore. I read the first 3 pages and almost throw up. I really don't want to finish the book at all. I understand that the authors of this book are not the best but they could have done a much better job writing this book.
Kristi
Sep 06, 2008 rated it liked it
The House of Night series is unlike any other vampire series I’ve read. I really enjoy the series and it’s interpretation of vampires. I’m especialy looking forward to reading the next novel.

I was disappointed in Untamed. After reading all of the previous novels and immensely enjoying them, Untamed fell short of the standard that had been set. Most of the novel was spent on explaining what happened in the previous three novels, and while I understand how that can be necessary, it took up valuab
Laura von Eden
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bücher
Auch im August geht es weiter mit der House of Night Reihe, daher habe ich auch diesen Monat wieder zu einem Teil gegriffen. Durch die lockere Sprache und die große Schrift komme ich in den Büchern immer recht schnell voran.

Der Sprachstil zieht sich wohl durch die gesamte Reihe und ist eher jugendlich gehalten. Die Welt um Zoey und das House of Night ist inzwischen gut bekannt und wir spinnen die Geschichte rund um den roten Faden weiter. Teil 4 knüpft wieder direkt an den Vorgänger an. Die Mach
BizarreLibrary
Jan 25, 2009 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Twilight readers with an edge!
Fangs for the Fantasy
Dec 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
This is the part where I have to pretend there’s a plot to summarise… due to the machinations of Cyna and Mavrynthia and Merriska and I am doomed to reading 4 of these books, in 4 weeks.

There is not enough booze in the world

Ok, Zoey is feeling isolated with her friends turning on her – which is a problem because have several prophecies. One that predicts the rising of a dark and terrible force – and one which predicts Zoey’s death if she is alone

She needs to rebuild some bridges quickly

There’s
Jodi
Nov 19, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
This is an audiobook I am reviewing for Sound Commentary (www.soundcommentary.com) which is why I ran through the first three books so quickly. When you read quickly. you miss a certain type of detail. In audio, you have to hear it all. Which is why it was so apparent that Aphrodite was modeled after Cordelia Chase (both Buffy and Angel versions.) This isn't a bad thing, merely obvious. I also think that the authors are having trouble remembering that it's been only 2 months since Zooey was mark ...more
Mindy
I really like where the plot is going, it is very interesting. I could do without the constant retelling of the other books.
Fuglsang
Jul 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
Charlotte Phillips
Dec 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I think we have all had that experience of feeling entirely and utterly alone in life, where our friends have turned against us because something has happened or we forgot to mention sometime to them. Its a horrid place to be in and its therefore a place that we can sympathize with. Zoey has a whole lot more things to go through with regards to this book, there are things happening that none of us would ever want to go through, and would never want to understand the feeling of needing to go thro ...more
Rebecca {Not reviewing at the moment}
'Nala hissed long and menacingly, staring back over my shoulder at the darkness surrounding the huge old oaks that were usually so familiar and welcoming. Not tonight. Tonight they housed monsters.'

(view spoiler)
Sam
Breathe in, breathe out.

I can't take it anymore. The terrible writing is giving me a head ache.
I hate the character Zoey, so much. She is whiny, pathetic and SERIOUSLY annoying!! Serves her right now that she has no boyfriends. In chosen she was all:OoooO! I've got 3 boyfriends drooling on me, blahblahablah.
and:
Oh i feel bad, I shouldn't be doing this to Erik but I love Loren oh and wait I get horny over heath!
She does not deserve Erik's forgiveness. Not one little bit and the fact that he ha
Jun 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who go to Sunnydale Highschool.
Shelves: 2009, crack, ya, vampires, p-c-cast
Jenny crack book and I don't care! It was good!

I feel like the first couple of books were wrapped up neatly in a bow by the end of the story. The last two are allowing things to remain open longer so that when you finish a book you are left wondering what will happen next. Sadly I am sure that is due to the publisher rather than the authors desire. (Wouldn't want to write a cliff hanger if you are only optioned for a single book.)

So this book and the last book have left me chomping to learn mor
Steven Naylor
Dec 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
I think I am done. Every review I have read for these books is right. I am still in the beginning of reading this book and I am seriously considering stopping. One thing for sure I know is that I will not be reading the rest of the series. I am really dissappointed because the idea behind the story is interesting. I just watched a video interview of the 2 authors though and that confirmed for me that I will no longer be reading the rest of the series. I was hoping that after writing a few books ...more
Brigid ✩ Cool Ninja Sharpshooter ✩
okay, i'm relieved. i almost didn't read this one, cuz the third one was getting kinda stupid. this was definitely better than the third one though. i thought zoey was being REALLY stupid in the third one. and she's still kind of a hypocrite ... i mean, she had three boyfriends at once, yet she's always like, "eww. aphrodite is such a ho." and i'm like "LOOK WHO'S TALKING." but anyway, it was much more interesting than the last one, and zoey is sort of getting her act back together, although she ...more
Bridget
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
HoN never disappoints!!
Allison ☾
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't really know what happened to the authors between the last book and this one, but whatever it was, I'm thankful for it. This book was the best one yet. I'll keep this short.

What I liked:

- Aphrodite and Darius
- Aphrodite and her new cat, Maleficent

"I slid into the backseat and after strapping on my seat belt looked up into the glaring eyes of Maleficent, who was stretched out across Aphrodite's chest and over her shoulder so that she could hang halfway over the seat and stare at me. "Uh,
Did u like Stark, Heath, Or Erik 132 552 Jul 09, 2018 09:22PM
Kiss, Slap, Kill. 39 198 Mar 07, 2016 10:25AM
Would you rather be a Blue fledgling or a Red fledgling? 19 71 Nov 15, 2014 06:03PM
Your favourite character? 13 38 Nov 07, 2014 06:37AM
Addicted to YA: Untamed 3 218 Sep 01, 2014 03:57AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add/combine 4 16 May 30, 2013 11:38AM
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3)
  • Vampireville (Vampire Kisses, #3)
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • Night World, No. 2 (Night World, #4-6)
  • Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
  • Eternal (Tantalize, #2)
  • Initiation (Vampire Beach, #2)
PC was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school, she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a #1 ...more
More about P.C. Cast

House of Night (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Marked (House of Night, #1)
  • Betrayed (House of Night, #2)
  • Chosen (House of Night, #3)
  • Hunted (House of Night, #5)
  • Tempted (House of Night, #6)
  • Burned (House of Night, #7)
  • Awakened (House of Night, #8)
  • Destined (House of Night, #9)
  • Hidden (House of Night, #10)
  • Revealed (House of Night, #11)
“Because you are the superhero fledgling. I’m just your more attractive sidekick. Oh, and the herd of nerds are your dorky minions.” 554 likes
“I should have kissed more than your hand...thought I'd have more time," he whispered between liquid, panting breaths. "...too late now."
I looked into his eyes and completely forgot the rest of the world. In that moment, all I knew was that I was holding Stark in my arms, and I was going to lose him very, very soon.”
422 likes