Start by marking “Olivia Stone and the Trouble With Trixies” as Want to Read:
Olivia Stone and the Trouble With Trixies

Olivia Stone and the Trouble With Trixies

Can a broken young girl help a guilt-ridden grotesque stop the monsters?

An Unprotected City
The Grotesques have been taken down from the roof of St. Giles Old Priory School. With the Guardians statue-trapped, there is no one left to protect Haven from the monsters.

Unexpected Heroes
Despite crippling injuries from a falling grotesque statue, twelve-year-old Olivia Stone finds
Published January 21st 2016 by Ifwg Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Olivia Stone and the Trouble With Trixies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Olivia Stone and the Trouble With Trixies

Start your review of Olivia Stone and the Trouble With Trixies
M.G. Bueno
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a great story that I can recommend to anyone who likes a fast-paced middle grade read.
It was an exciting read and at times I felt as though I had an adventure/sci fi movie playing out in my head.

The Trixies are a nasty group of characters that get out of hand and wreck havoc on the town because the forces that had held them in check are suddenly removed. It’s Olivia’s accidental involvement that gives hope to the one remaining ancient Guardian.

The dynamics of Olivia Stone’s group of f
Debra Clewer
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is aimed squarely at the middle-grade (or junior fiction) age level and I think it hits the mark. The story line keeps moving, and there is plenty of action and suspense to keep the reader interested and wanting to proceed to the next chapter, which of course, is the ultimate aim for the author. It sometimes even has elements of a junior Stephen King novel, without being too graphic for sensitive children.
It should appeal to confident readers; however, I believe that even children in t
Billy Buttons
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was entered and was a RED RIBBON WINNER in The 2016 Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:

Title: Olivia Stone and the Trouble with Trixies
Writing Style: 7/10
Content: 8/10
Cover: 8/10
Of the 15 readers:
10 would read another book by this author.
11 thought the cover was good or excellent.
8 felt it was easy to follow.
9 would recommend this story to another reader to try.
5 felt the autho
Rox Burkey
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Author Jeffery E Doherty adores storytelling with a vivid imagination perfect for children’s fantasy. Olivia Stone is an engaging character with all the determination of a 12-year-old on a mission. Helping Yip the grotesque that Olivia thought was a gargoyle is her mission against the trixies who are deceitful and evil. The trixies are deliciously evil with specific characteristics which make them plausible.

Olivia Stone learns she not only has magical powers, which she learns to control with th
Lisa
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Normally I don't read genres aimed at any age less than adult, but this book reminded me of how magical children's fantasy / horror can be.
The myth of trixies and grotesques was unlike anything I have ever read before, and the fast paced action kept me turning pages all the way to the end.
Jeffrey has a humorous style of writing that draws amusement from observations of his characters and their interactions with each other. The elements of gore were delightfully horrifying without being overly gr
J.J.
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well written and gripping. A true pager-turner.
Beth Donovan
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book !! I thought I would just read a few chapters but from the very 1 st chapter it had me wanting more . I couldn't put it down and had to read until the end . Can't wait for the second book teenagers will love this book ...more
Alexanderjames
Mar 02, 2016
Rain Blackmoore
marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Maria Kelly
marked it as to-read
May 01, 2018
Book Promotions: Sydney authors wanting to sell at Supanova 1 1 May 24, 2017 07:03AM
Jeffery E Doherty – (Bio)
I make up stuff, I’m arty and I’m a bit of a nerd.
I love telling stories. One of those stories starts with "No, when I was in the Wiggles they already had a Jeff so I had to use my middle name..." Whole bunches of kids at the school where I work believe I was once Eddie the Evil Wiggle. Writing stories down for others to read and enjoy is one of the most special thing any

News & Interviews