Start by marking “I've Got Your Back: Coaching Top Performers from Center Court to the Corner Office” as Want to Read:

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  67 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Like its bestselling predecessors Success Is a Choice by Rick Pitino, Winning Every Day by Lou Holtz, and The Winner Within by Pat Riley, Head Game will help you take your game from good to great—no matter what field you compete in.

Brad Gilbert was the fourth highest ranked tennis player in the world in 1989. He won twenty major tournaments and dominated many players who

Published September 2nd 2004 by Portfolio Hardcover

To ask other readers questions about I've Got Your Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I've Got Your Back

Earl Gray
One of the first coaching books I read. Gilbert is a master of setting the stage for the players he is coaching to do their absolute best work. His focus and concentration of them is remarkable, and the way he prepositions everything necessary for them to succeed is a model for everyone who works with people and wants to help them be remarkable, too.

Read this if you are a coach of any kind. Read it it you love athletics, competition, and especially the game of tennis. Gilbert tells the stories w
Carol
Jul 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Darned good, short, book for anyone who wants insight into the world of professional tennis, particularly Andre Agassi, but covering lots of other players as well. It combines personal experience with personal growth in facing the adversities of life, triumphing over them. It's a good book for anybody who wants to encourage themselves, or someone else to be all they can be. (Sounds like an Army commercial--doesn't it)
Javier
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
As a former college tennis player, I felt identified with all the advise Gilbert gives.
My main reason to give 4-stars to this book is the way he relates the tennis-court experience to other areas of professional life.
Alex Cates
Jun 14, 2016
Larry Chrispyn
rated it did not like it
Nov 18, 2013