Start by marking “Survival (Remnants, #13)” as Want to Read:
Survival (Remnants, #13)

Survival

(Remnants #13)

Tate is fighting for her life. Amelia, Duncan and Charlie are mysteriously transforming into slime creatures and they are desperate to "recycle" all of the living cells -- into their own bodies.

But Tate has something Amelia wants even more than cells. She'll manage to save her life by forging a strange alliance with these creatures.

Tate is haunted by a strange reoccurring
Mass Market Paperback, 156 pages
Published July 1st 2003 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Survival, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survival

Start your review of Survival (Remnants, #13)
Julie
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow, did I miss Tate. I had no idea how very much I missed Tate until I realised that here was a protagonist who was behaving relatively sensibly, who was at her wit's end but trying her best, who did reasonable and logical things when stuck in a terrible situation. A protagonist who is enjoyable to spend time with, and could carry the entire book by herself, almost completely sans the rest of the Remnants. (This really just reinforces to me that this series might have benefited from having 1 ...more
Mike
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not the best book in the series, but it's a big improvement over the last three. Goddamn, this series is weird.
Caitlin
Stephanie
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Before writing the full review below: Might even bump this up to 5 stars after I figure out my review. This is the solidity I want from a book/installment in a series. Twists, turns, characters being pragmatic and sensible, and really getting into their head :)

Full review:
That is definitely Tate on the cover! And those definitely look like cocoons of a sort….

Of all of the Remnants books, this one reads the most solid; I would almost go so far as to say that it gives off the vibe of being of the
Moxie
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is proof that good characters can carry even the most ridiculous plot. This book was by far my favorite out of all of the Remnants series. I don't care that the ending was clearly a rush job in order to complete the series, I don't care that it was a departure from equally-if-not-more important events, I actually ENJOYED this book, which is more than I can say for most of the series. The first book absolutely nailed the "we're all going to die and everything is terrible" tone, and ...more
Arlenne
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The things happening on this book are done for the sake of wrapping up the series yet it works and I believe this to be the best book in the series so far. This book is both hopeful and desolate, it was a beautiful balance(view spoiler)
Julie Decker
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Tate has had prophetic dreams about the future of Earth for a long time, but nobody's really paid much attention. But now that she's on this wandering ship with the folks who didn't get off on Earth, she's in trouble: Yago has gone insane, and she and everyone else is being stalked by a gestalt entity known as the Troika, who have turned into weird sentient slime and are coming for her cells. Her fight for survival is a beacon of greatness in this series as it spirals to a close.

I had a theory
Dexter
This was a pretty cool installation of the series. Tate's never been my favorite character, but it was still interesting. I was very surprised that I ended up liking Yago so much, and I'm not entirely sure the ending makes sense even though I kind of saw it coming. I think the last book in the series will really be what makes or breaks THIS one, as well as the series as a whole.
Swankivy
Aug 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Remnants #13 was awesome! It's all about Tate and her survival aboard the ship when four crazy "evolved" beings are trying to eat her. Let me just say there is a whole new meaning to "you are what you eat," and I have heard of multiple personalities but this is ridiculous.
Sami
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There have been so many twists and turns in this story, I can't believe it's still going. Tate's story was unbelievably sweet, but also very very sad. There's only one book left, and I'm not looking forward to the series I've been reading for 5 years to end.
Wendy
Mar 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
In this book we follow Tate as she is left alone on Mother when Yago and the Trioke take over and leave the other Remnants stranded on a destroyed Earth. Very interesting chapter and I can not wait to see how it all ends in the last book.
Mary
Mar 29, 2019
Jered Weber
May 17, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Moominpappa's Memoirs (The Moomins, #4)
  • Puputyttö
  • Tarinoita Muumilaaksosta
  • Written in the Stars: Constellations, Facts and Folklore for the Armchair Astronomer
  • The Moomins and the Great Flood (The Moomins, #1)
  • Tales from Moominvalley (The Moomins, #7)
  • Moominsummer Madness (The Moomins, #5)
  • Moominvalley in November (The Moomins, #9)
  • Who Will Comfort Toffle?
  • The Book About Moomin, Mymble and Little My
  • The Unwanted Guest
  • Den farliga resan
  • Muistojenlukija (Väki, #1)
  • Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip, Vol. 4
  • The Gold-Bug and Other Tales
  • Sylvie
  • The Hork-Bajir Chronicles (Animorphs Chronicles, #2)
  • Let's Talk About Love
Katherine Applegate is the author of The One and Only Ivan, winner of the 2013 Newbery Medal. Her novel Crenshaw spent over twenty weeks on the New York Times children's bestseller list, and her first middle-grade stand-alone novel, the award-winning Home of the Brave, continues to be included on state reading lists, summer reading lists, and class reading lists.

Katherine has written three picture

Remnants (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Mayflower Project (Remnants, #1)
  • Destination Unknown (Remnants, #2)
  • Them (Remnants, #3)
  • Nowhere Land (Remnants, #4)
  • Mutation (Remnants, #5)
  • Breakdown (Remnants, #6)
  • Isolation (Remnants, #7)
  • Mother, May I? (Remnants, #8)
  • No Place Like Home (Remnants, #9)
  • Lost and Found (Remnants, #10)