Start by marking “No Place Like Home (Remnants, #9)” as Want to Read:
No Place Like Home (Remnants, #9)

No Place Like Home

(Remnants #9)

The best-selling author of ANIMORPHS and EVERWORLD presents a fresh, exciting, and gritty new science-fiction series that combines a little 2001, a little Armageddon, and a whole lot of action!

The Remnants are on a mission to promote peace but the Blue Meanies have created a horrifying weapon, and the peacemakers are in grave danger. Yago's plan to rule has finally taken
Published November 1st 2002 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about No Place Like Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Place Like Home

Start your review of No Place Like Home (Remnants, #9)
Stephanie
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’m going to guess that is Jobs on the cover at last, gazing at the remains of Earth. Even though Earth is supposed to look like two celestial bodies crushed together, not like it has an entire chunk missing and empty.

After our three month time jump, stuff is still hitting the fan, even more so now that the Remnants have voted that there is “No place like home” – for better, or for worse. Billy is more or less at the helm, a Big Compromise had kept the humans, Meanies, and Riders at peace, and
Julie
Wow wow wow wow wow. Others had a pretty trepid reception to this book, but I think this may be my favourite so far? Because once again, the authors lob some grenades into the narrative and take it places I didn't expect. A mere 11 pages in, I basically screeched "WHAT THE FUCK???" and my jaw hit the floor. Which is really impressive for a book not even 200 pages long to evoke such strong shock and surprise in me!

War is brewing, with the repercussions of their Terrible Decisions in the previous
Caitlin
Arlenne
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
shit is getting serious yo
Julie Decker
Aug 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Yago and his army of worshipful Meanies are getting dangerous. Because Jobs was able to convince Billy to move the ship and return to whatever the shell of the Earth might be now, the Meanies are angry, and Yago's megalomaniacal tendencies are fueled by his alien followers. And yet another previously missing person appears, with revelations popping up about some Mayflower survivors hiding their mutated abilities. If they get to Earth at all, will they still be alive? Will they still be ...more
Dexter
While it's still not as good as the earlier books in the series, the ending still managed to be dramatic and intense enough to grab my attention.

The problem is that the characters are getting old. I'm tired of reading about 2Face being a jerk, tired of Yago being insane. I really wish Jobs, Mo'Steel, Edward, Billy, and Olga would go off and do something else, but I supposed their choices are limited.

But I understand why the plot of this book exists. It's necessary because of the world K.A.
Wendy
Mar 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Another wonderful chapter in the life of the Remnants. In this book, the Remnants have decided to head towards Earth, even though they are not sure what they will find when they get there, and it means breaking the Treaty with the other ship's tenants.

We meet a new Remnant, friend or foe, we don't find out till the end of the book. We also learn about some new mutations that our original Remnants have been hiding.

Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Paul Emily Ryan
Dec 28, 2014 rated it liked it
No Place Like Home by Katherine Applegate

Why I read it: Still reading Remnants.

Rating: 3/5

What I thought: I barely remember this book at all, but looking at Wikipedia, it's still more offputting oddness and a sense that this whole thing is just marking time. Which is kind of a shame because I'm pretty sure I did like this book when I read it.
Z
Oct 16, 2009 rated it liked it
A problem I'm beginning to realize is that I don't know how old most of the characters are. I default to thinking that they're adults if they weren't among the first few introduced, but I don't think that they actually are. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about having adults included at all. I've said this before, but I really think it messes with the dynamic a bit.
Mary
Sep 01, 2012 added it
OMG. Everything. Worms. All of it.
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ok-books
It's starting to get good again, I mean, I wonder what will happen with the Earth!
Corrinne
Jan 16, 2014
Ethan
May 14, 2014
Aranna Classefied
rated it did not like it
Aug 01, 2013
Slinkydreams
Nov 10, 2013

• Tarinoita Muumilaaksosta
  • Puputyttö
  • Moominpappa's Memoirs (The Moomins, #4)
  • Written in the Stars: Constellations, Facts and Folklore for the Armchair Astronomer
  • The Moomins and the Great Flood (The Moomins, #1)
  • Moominsummer Madness (The Moomins, #5)
  • Tales from Moominvalley (The Moomins, #7)
  • Moominvalley in November (The Moomins, #9)
  • Who Will Comfort Toffle?
  • The Unwanted Guest
  • Den farliga resan
  • The Book About Moomin, Mymble and Little My
  • Muistojenlukija (Väki, #1)
  • Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip, Vol. 4
  • Let's Talk About Love
  • The Gold-Bug and Other Tales
  • Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #14)
  • Pale Fire
Katherine Applegate is the author of The One and Only Ivan, winner of the 2013 Newbery Medal. Her novel Crenshaw spent over twenty weeks on the New York Times children's bestseller list, and her first middle-grade stand-alone novel, the award-winning Home of the Brave, continues to be included on state reading lists, summer reading lists, and class reading lists.

Katherine has written three picture

Remnants (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Mayflower Project (Remnants, #1)
  • Destination Unknown (Remnants, #2)
  • Them (Remnants, #3)
  • Nowhere Land (Remnants, #4)
  • Mutation (Remnants, #5)
  • Breakdown (Remnants, #6)
  • Isolation (Remnants, #7)
  • Mother, May I? (Remnants, #8)
  • Lost and Found (Remnants, #10)
  • Dream Storm (Remnants, #11)