Start by marking “Even If Not: Living, Loving, and Learning in the in Between” as Want to Read:

Even If Not: Living, Loving, and Learning in the in Between

If you find yourself in between one thing and another, changing from who you used to be into who you are becoming, how will you live in the messy, beautiful middle? And what if the middle pages hold storylines that wound and surprise? Is God with us on those pages, too?

In Even If Not, Kaitlyn Bouchillon invites you to let go of trying to figure out the ending of your story
Published February 23rd 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Even If Not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Even If Not

Ifeoma Samuel
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kaitlyn is a transparent and honest writer. I find this book challenging me to do better in my faith walk. She shares her deepest struggles, temptations and her choice to keep pressing forward even though odds may be against her.

Life is a choice, circumstances we face demand that we make a choice and that's it "Even If Not" my choice is for the Lord!

Kaitlyn includes powerful scriptures in this book that makes you pause and pray as you read on.

God Bless friend. You have inspired more people than
Krista Schnee
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever found yourself in those waiting periods of life, when there are no tragedies or triumphs, just the everyday routine of work and chores? Perhaps you wonder when your breakthrough might happen? Or how you will react if it never occurs? Many have found themselves in similar situations, asking questions of God that don't have any easy answers.

Kaitlyn Bouchillon, in her new book, Even If Not: Living, Loving, and Learning in the in Between, acknowledges these questions and provides some
Meagan Saia
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book spoke straight to my heart. I underlined passages over and over again that brought me comfort and hope. This book meets you right where you are in life. It is a book I will read over and over again to remind me there is always joy, even in the middle of struggles.
Katie M.  Reid
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
"Even If Not" is a book about being committed to the Lord even when, or if, the unexpected happens. Even if things don't go our way or our issues aren't resolved, He is faithful. Kaitlyn takes the reader on a journey to trust God more even if the hard places.
Rachelle Cobb
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've pre-ordered my paperback copy of this book because I so enjoyed the e-excerpts sent to me by the author! Can't wait to share here why I love the #EvenIfNotbook!
Kaitlyn Bouchillon
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorites
Even If Not is easily the best book I've ever written. It's also, of course, the only book I've written. So there's that.
Emerald Orbeta
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kaitlyn Bouchillon has written one of the most real, thought-provoking books I have ever read. Being a 22 year old recent college grad as well, I can very much relate to that feeling of being in the "in between." This can be a very confusing place, but Kaitlyn offers to be the person to share her life experiences first in hopes that we can benefit from what she has learned through her walk with the Lord. Even if Not is rooted in the word of God, and the multitude of scripture sprinkled throughou ...more
Jen
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Even If Not, by Kaitlyn E. Bouchillon, is an incredible tale of how God uses our whole lives for His glory, even those seasons we never imagined, and perhaps never even wanted. Kaitlyn weaves together stories from her own life into a beautiful, encouraging, uplifting book that digs deep and plants hope.

Like Kaitlyn, I encountered my own unexpected season of life, right after college. Rather than chasing the American Dream, God chose a different path for me. One that was exciting and unexpected..
Brandi
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I read "even if not" I wasn't sure what I was going to learn. I took it on a trip to read on the airplane. I so enjoyed the book that I read the entire thing on the airplane ride! Her reading is easy to understand, to the point and fluid for this simple girl to get. I enjoyed her words. I know that she is young, I took to her as my daughter is her age and the experience she had was heart wrenching. I enjoy Kaitlyn's style and her sense of humor and her wisdom for such a young thing! She is ...more
Marie
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have had the privilege of getting to know Kaitlyn through social media over the last year. She is a warm, intelligent lively woman, full of faith and consumed with the desire to please the Lord. This passion comes across on every page of "Even if Not."

Life never does end up the way we expect it to. Jobs are secured and lost. Friends come and go. Bodily health waxes and wanes. In the dark of night, when all pretense is stripped away, we wonder, "Can God really be trusted? Is He really here with
Laura Hix
Even If Not: Living, Loving, and Learning in the in Between

In Kaitlyn Bouchillon's debut book, she takes us to the place where we all need to go. What is YOUR STORY?
How will you write it?
Then will you be brave enough to tell it?

God gifts us with so many different gifts and talents we just have to dig deep and pull them out of our heart and let them flow.
We tell our story by living our lives the very best way we know. Even If Not, gives you the tools to use, that helps you write your story.

In ti
Amy
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My favorite quote from Kaitlyn comes from the introduction of her book. “God will come through, I promise you that. But you and I both know it deep down in our souls, whether we're ready to admit it or not: God is going to come through but it might not look like what we're hoping for.”

THAT. That is how I felt from day one of my 10 month old son's diagnosis of a brain tumor. I attempted a whole blog post about how I felt during that time, and later, read the INTRODUCTION of Kaitlyn's book and she
Beth
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've only read certain chapters of Even If Not. As part of the launch team the deal was that we'd get certain chapters. Of the chapters I read I found that the over arching theme "will I worship God even if not" drawn from the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in the book of Daniel in the Bible is consistent. Kaitlyn tells of her own life stories and how how she has learned to apply the practice of choosing to worship God "even if not."
I found her presentation to be interesting. Her challe
Jessica Barmer
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Even If Not is a book that meets you right where you are. Whatever season or whatever part of your story you find yourself in, you will see yourself in this book. Even If Not is a book that reminds us that our personal story is important and that we are loved by a God who is mighty. Kaitlyn Bouchillon reminds us that wherever we are in our story, wherever we are on the dash, we can trust the Author, because He writes a more beautiful story than we could ever imagine. Even If Not is a book that s ...more
Alyssa
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This will be one of those books that you will want to read ASAP. Kaitlyn has such a lyrical, poetic voice that reading through her book just feels cozy and pretty. She walks us through parts of her (young) life where she had to learn to trust God even if He didn't answer her prayers. We can trust God to have our best even when we don't know what that is. We can trust God even if He says no.

Beautiful, honest, and real Kaitlyn is an upcoming author to keep your eye on. This one is self pubbed but
Jordan
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So thankful for this book!! Kaitlyn so eloquently writes about what life looks like in the in-between stages of life, and that God is in those places, too. I've been at such a crazy crossroads of life lately, and her words were a balm to my wounds from the past year. It reminded me that even if life isn't what I thought or wanted it to be, God is still here and still working in this in-between phase of life. Even when it's hard to believe He's here, her words remind me that this ampersand life h ...more
Amy Kw
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book for me to read.
I tend to get caught up in the comparison trap, but this book had so many great reminders of just how much we each are loved. Whether we perceive our life impacting many or few or any number in between, Kaitlyn's reassurance that God cares for us right where we are is so well crafted. Wonderful examples and supporting testimony throughout the book reinforce that concept from beginning to end.
Highly recommended reading for anyone who is now, or ever has been
Hannah Duncan
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Even If Not is a beautiful book written by such a sweet friend of mine. Kaitlyn has such a love for the Lord and encourages everyone around her that each of their stories matters. Life in the "in between" can be confusing and frustrating, but Kaitlyn encourages her readers by sharing her own story to lean into God and his loving arms and trust that even if not, God is still so very good. I pray that so many people would find beauty in brokenness through her story and truly know for themselves ho ...more
Libby Hatfield rosengren
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book encourages me so much! We don't have the promise that everything is going to work out. In the middle of that unexpected event that changes your life we often feel so much pressure, guilt and shame to handle it better or not struggle. Even If Not is, to me, an encouragement to talk about what's happening in the middle of the unsettling "not ok" seasons of our life and let go of the pressure to be or do better. We need more books like this right now.
Ruth Anne
Shelves: 101-in-1001
I've officially finished the book and y'all, I don't know that I have the words that will actually describe just how much this book spoke to exactly where I am. Kaitlyn is honest and open in her writing which what helps the book just sink into your heart. She uses scripture and her own life experiences to communicate the timeless truth that "Even If Not, I will still worship and love you, Lord."
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kaitlyn's story is beautifully written and told from the heart of a humbled soul. She shares life's hard places and how she persevered with God's unending grace and love. Even if we do not get the things we hope and pray for God is still good. Kaitlyn's story oozes hope and love. I highly recommend it!
Kim Stewart
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kaitlynn is such a sweet writer and has so much wisdom to share in her new book. I’ve been a fan of her words for a while now and her passion or our Lord is contagious. I often get stuck in my ‘in between’ times but now have found the encouragement I will turn to time and again with her Even If Not book.
Kirsten Trambley
Feb 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Even If Not - though the first book by Kaitlyn Bouchillon - is not her first venture into the writing world. Kaitlyn proves herself as an established writer through her blog, and her book helps one to open up to life's questions and the mysteries that are being lived right now. Her words make it evident that she is a devoted follower of Christ, and I strongly suggest buying the book!
Madeline Osigian
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have only a handful of words to say about this book. It was truly beautiful and met me right where I am. I am almost hesitant to recommend it because I feel as if Kaitlyn was writing this to me. So amazing! Go get your hands on a copy, and grow in the Lord!
Terri
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Even If Not is a powerful book written by a brave and inspiring author, Kaitlyn Bouchillon! I found this novel to be a great reminder that things happen for a reason and to never give up hope. I recommend this novel to anyone that would like a positive and hopeful read!
Sarah Elmore
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love stories, and I know a good one when I see it. Kaitlyn writes with honesty and ease. I pray hearts are softened to her words and those that read along with us will know their story matters too.
Kim Bouchillon
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book ! Encouraging stories of how God can work in our lives in the middle of messy situations, reminding us that He is there and we are loved.
Jenna
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's going to take me a long time to process and then be able to explain how powerful this book is. Until then, I can only say one thing: read it.
Holley Hicks
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WONDERFUL book by Kaitlyn Bouchillon!! We all have as-yet unfulfilled desires and this book is all about loving Jesus "Even if Not"...
Susan Bricker
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Kaitlyn Bouchillon’s book “Even If Not” touched my heart and soul in so many ways. I loved her authentic and inspirational voice and her lyrical writing style. “Even If Not” explores various seasons of Kaitlyn’s life and how she found herself in Christ in new and unimaginable ways. She shares the in-between moments, the valleys of our seasons, and how we need to trust Jesus, even if not. Even if our prayers aren’t answered as we would have them, or if our lives aren’t what we had imagined for ou ...more
« previous 1 3 next »