Start by marking “I'm the Happiest” as Want to Read:
I'm the Happiest

I'm the Happiest

Celebrate your differences with Raccoon in I'm the Happiest. This charming book combines colourful illustrations with heartwarming narrative, each with its own unique message.
Published September 1st 2016 by QEB Publishing (first published July 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about I'm the Happiest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm the Happiest

Start your review of I'm the Happiest
Emma
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story would be good for FS and KS1 children and shows that whilst everyone is different and has different traits/talents, everyone can also be happy for each other rather than jealous as this is nicer for everyone. This could be used in circle time or PSHE where they could think of positive things about each other and what makes each other happy. It could also be used to look at habitats as there are all different kinds of animals in the story, children could look at where they come from ...more
Janet Squires
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m The Happiest by Anna Shuttlewood takes a gentle look at a group of animal friends who find themselves at odds when they begin competing with each other.

There’s no denying the obvious when Giraffe claims to be the tallest, but it doesn’t stop Hedgehog, Pig, Frog, Sheep, Leopard, and a host of others from experiencing a twinge of jealousy. Only Raccoon is happy for Giraffe. Soon each one is laying claim to a favorite quality: spikiest, prettiest, greenest, curliest, spottiest, and so on. But
Eriska
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I was asked what is a good book to teach children not to be overwhelmed with the advantages of other children? The answer is:

"I'm the Happiest" by Anna Shuttlewood

When all the animals are jealous of each other for things like being tallest or prettiest, but Raccoon is just happy that each of them has the gift they are born with. Can animals learn to get along and be happy for each other?

Very Good, I personally highly recommend this book! There are many positive things kids can take from the
LAWonder10
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a wonderfully positive little raccoon!

While may different animals boast and contend who is the best for whatever reasons, Raccoon is simply just happy for them!

This is a wonderful way to emphasize the importance of being happy, humble, and likable by allowing others to feel good about themselves . It also shows ways to avoid contention.

The the FUN, colorful illustrations are also done by this talented author.

I offer a solid Four Stars rating for this book.
*This was sent as a
Glenn
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm the happiest is a wonderful phase to teach our young ones. Always be positive and happy for others when they have an unique talent that you don't have. A teaching tool for everyone. This is a very wonderful story with outstanding pictures. A sure favorite in a child's library. The back page has instructions on the next steps. I think it's awesome to be able to expand beyond the story told. Anan Shuttlewood hat's off to you!

I was given this book from QEB Publishing for a honest review.
Carol Jen
Cute story where all the animals are jealous of each other for things like being "tallest" or "prettiest" and Racoon is always happy for each of them and their individual talents and it turns out he is happiest :-)

Kit
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute children's picture book about our best features and why everyone can be proud to be different.
Kylee
Nov 18, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an easy read for beginners. It has good competition in it and teaches kids to compromise, see the good in people, and learn to get along.
Rosie
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this Storytime series. Always a great go-to for storytime and classrooms read alouds. Great big colorful illustration and wonderful vocabulary. Good messages always. My kids love this series.
Darla
Nov 10, 2015
Taryn
Jul 08, 2015
Alistair Parker
im the fastest back home
Aparna Dubey
Dec 10, 2015
Hannah Best
Nov 07, 2018
Patricia McLaughlin
What is Raccoon's secret to happiness? Appreciation for diversity, difference, and dance.
Kassy Johns
Jul 27, 2017
Bec
Oct 09, 2018
Nickie
There is something unique about everyone. Although it doesn't have to be a visual characteristic.
Duane
Crystal Bensley
Dec 20, 2014
Nikola Nikolov
Oct 25, 2018

• How to Catch a Star (The Boy, #1)
  • Sidewalk Flowers
  • Ready Steady Rescue
  • The Spectacular City
  • Norman the Knight Gets a Fright
  • Splash!
  • The Pirates of Scurvy Sands (Jonny Duddle)
  • Love Is My Favourite Thing
  • The Crocodile Who Didn't like Water
  • Jungle Jamboree
  • Ebb and Flo and the Greedy Gulls
  • Frida Kahlo and the Bravest Girl in the World: Famous Artists and the Children Who Knew Them