Start by marking “Imagine A Forest: 45 Step by Step Lessons to Create Enchanting Folk Art” as Want to Read:
Imagine A Forest: 45 Step by Step Lessons to Create Enchanting Folk Art

Imagine A Forest: 45 Step by Step Lessons to Create Enchanting Folk Art

Learn to create whimsical folk art with Imagine a Forest!

Fine art is created for it's aesthetic, and while looks are important to some degree in the things you create, folk art allows you to relax and enjoy the art you are creating. Imagine a Forest contains 45 step-by-step tutorials that show you how to create charming folk art drawings. Learn the history of folk art to u
Published October 15th 2016 by Rock Point

To ask other readers questions about Imagine A Forest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Imagine A Forest

Start your review of Imagine A Forest: 45 Step by Step Lessons to Create Enchanting Folk Art
Lara
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been following Dinara Mirtalipova's stuff on Etsy (MirDinara) for a long time, but somehow missed until just now that she had this book out! It is beautiful and inspiring and shows you how to draw things in this sort of style, while at the same time encouraging readers to explore and try new ways of drawing and painting and to find your own style:

* Find that music that pleases your soul.
* Watch that movie you love for the 1,000,000th time.
* Read picture books from when you were little.
* Clo
Yara (The Narratologist)
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, art
The four-step tutorials are really only useful for those beginners who wouldn't be able to deduce the steps themselves by looking at the finished piece, but as an art book that shows off Mirtalipova's way with colour and patterns it is very inspiring.
Deborah
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book I will purchase. It's great for drawing practice!
Cait
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: illustrations
Phenomenal work. Honestly, 5 stars to Ms Dinara. The publishers just really need to step up their game on the unfortunate typos.
Joana
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Uma viagem ao universo da arte folclórica desta ilustradora. Através de motivos e exercícios simples entramos no seu estilo e encontramos uma espécie de mundo encantado onde gostaríamos de passar mais tempo. A linguagem descontraída e a familiaridade com que nos parece tratar são um aconchego extra nesta leitura. Agora só falta começar a desenhar! Para ler e reler e inspirar vezes sem conta. Adorei!
Jill
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Got this from an inter library loan, but now that I've looked it over... I want my own copy. It is SO beautiful, and she has printmaking projects too! <3 Everything about this is just well done. I'm going to reread the book soon. ...more
Erin
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Perhaps revisit this book after I have a stronger sense of my own style. I like the step-by-step element. It's just a very distinct style and I'd like to revisit the step-by-step instructions when I moreso have the ability to adapt the shapes within the context of my own style.
 Crystal
Beautiful, culturally-rich artwork presented in a variety of formats (painting, digital, stamping, etc.). There are some typos and other errors that basic proofreading should have prevented, but they do not detract from the artist's efforts.
Sam
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Beautiful book with inspiring and amazing illustrations. Would love to read it again when my art skills are more on par with this standard, or when I need some inspiration. Can't fully appreciate the book or make good use of it yet, but the time will come one day when I will. I just know it.
Alli Shoemaker
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I feel like this is the book depicting everything in my soul.
Trish
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, j, nonfiction
This is a cool book about making folk art.
Jessica
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous, inspirational, lyrical
Marilyn
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
So pretty. So inspiring.
So doable. Isn’t that great!
Kristenkhaleesi
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really love this book. She has inspired me to try my hand at drawing again. So I’m going to try some of her techniques that seem a bit simpler to me.
Esther Ní Dhonnacha
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book with very clear tutorials!
Laura Gibson
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book. The drawings are beautiful and timeless and gave me inspiration. I loved it and cannot wait for more for the author.
Kristin Shields
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully illustrated and informative book about folk art. I discovered this by following the author on Instagram. I'm so happy to add this to my collection of folk art inspiration.
Rebecca
Very inspiring! Kidlit folks may know this artist's work on the cover of Echo. She is on Instagram at @mirdinara. I especially love her "Note from the Author" on the last page:

"It's very easy these days to simply go on Pinterest in a search of artists to be inspired by. But at the end of the day, it's their inspiration that gets transferred onto your paper, not yours. To find yours, here's what you need TO NOT do:
-Search for art on style-driven websites.
-Look through trendy and cool magazines an
Julie
Apr 20, 2018
Jun 13, 2017
Raven
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this beautiful hard cover art book! Very nice quality, and the pictures inside are very inspirational. I can't wait to see more from the artist! I won a copy through Goodreads. This is probably my favorite win.
Margaret Blackwell
Kate
Jul 27, 2019
Andrea Waugh
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Her pictures are so beautiful and evocative.
Denise Ortakales
Jul 25, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• How to Draw Modern Florals: An Introduction to the Art of Flowers, Cacti, and More
  • The Witchcraft of Salem Village
  • DIY Watercolor Flowers: The Beginner's Guide to Flower Painting for Journal Pages, Handmade Stationery and More
  • By Hand: The Art of Modern Lettering
  • Women in Art: 50 Fearless Creatives Who Inspired the World
  • Cherokee America
  • Modern Calligraphy Workshop: The Creative Art of Pen, Brush and Chalk Lettering
  • The Joy of Watercolor: 40 Happy Lessons for Painting the World Around You
  • Here on Earth
  • Don't Breathe a Word
  • The Forgotten Room
  • The Ghost Orchid
  • The Disappearance of Emily Marr
  • The Peculiar Miracles of Antoinette Martin
  • Mend & Make Fabulous: Sewing Solutions & Fashionable Fixes
  • Botanical Line Drawing: Cactus & Succulent Edition: 200 Step-By-Step Illustrations
  • Fix Your Clothes
  • The Sewing Bible for Clothes Alterations: A Step-By-Step Practical Guide on How to Alter Clothes