Start by marking “Do Princesses and Super Heroes Hit the Trails?” as Want to Read:
Do Princesses and Super Heroes Hit the Trails?

Do Princesses and Super Heroes Hit the Trails?

Another fantastic and inspiring book from the author of the Do Princesses...? series! Join our favorite princess and her super hero companion as they explore the national parks and discover that the Great Outdoors hold a bounty of excitement and adventure!
Published October 15th 2016 by Muddy Boots

To ask other readers questions about Do Princesses and Super Heroes Hit the Trails?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Princesses and Super Heroes Hit the Trails?

Start your review of Do Princesses and Super Heroes Hit the Trails?
Storywraps
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This gem of a book is written in rhyme. The family decides to go exploring in the National Parks across the U.S.A. They pack their car to the max and the adventures begin.

"What can we do for an epic FUN day?
These National Parks seem like a good place to play.
Do you think we can get to every last park?
Somehow I doubt we'll be back before dark."

You, the reader, are invited to participate in their wanderlust as our favourite princess and her superhero brother learn about the "awesomeness" of natur
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is another great picture book in the "Do Princesses...." series by Carmela LaVigna Coyle. "Join our favorite princess and her super hero companion as they explore the national parks and discover that the Great Outdoors hold a bounty of excitement and adventure!"

This picture book has cute illustrations and rhyming words that lead us through various National Parks with the princess, her super-hero brother and their parents They visit 12 different parks such as Yellowstone, Denali, Glacier and
Kate Puleo Unger
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book came out just in time for the 100th anniversary of the National Parks System. It's a great read aloud for kids ages 3-5. It features a family looking for something fun to do. Each 2-page spread features a different National Park as well as a rhyming stanza highlighting a feature of the park. The message being that there are many parks and many things to discover.

The illustrations are really sweet. They depict a brother and sister exploring the parks with their parents. My favorite page
Samantha Bilodeau
When I saw this on NetGalley, I just had to request it, liking the cover and the title seemed like it would be cute. I am so glad that I did! This is a fun story about a family with a little girl and a little boy who go on adventures in various state parks. It's written in rhyme, and flows in a natural, but fun, way.

The illustrations are wonderful and a bit whimsical, with enough color and detail to keep the interest of even young children.

When I grabbed this, I hadn't realized that it was par
Jessica Rodrigues
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This fast-paced and beautifully illustrated tale serves as a quick who's-who of American national parks. Each park gets a two page spread with a quick line about what you could experience there. The illustrations highlight the different kinds of beauty you can experience in the US, including lush forests, snow-topped mountains, cacti, and more. This is sure to inspire wanderlust in children and adults alike.

I would recommend this for one-on-one reading and for group read-alouds.

I received this b
Penny lurkykitty
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, adventure, kids
I received an e-copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
This is a fantastic book that explores some of our more famous national parks. The illustrations are great and the descriptions of the parks are really fun. My six-year old really enjoyed it. This book would make a wonderful gift to children to celebrate the centenary of the National Parks, although it is not specifically a centenary item.
For some reason the e-copy did not lay out very well on my Kindle iPad app.
Sandra Guerfi
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
From the author who brought you Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots we have a new adventure where we find ourselves visiting the national parks of America. Being adventuresome is made better by having someone to share the wonderful discoveries that will be made. This is a good book for any families who plan on making such a trip themselves as it gives a good footing to start off with with your little explorers. If you liked the first book in this series than I would definitely recommend this one as ...more
Rowena
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fabulous book, my five-year-old and I had such a fun storytime! We just visited the endlessly glorious Glacier National Park last summer and loved "Going to the Sun" road. She was thrilled to read about it. I got nostalgic about Yosemite, which I last visited with her older siblings a decade ago! Can't wait to revisit some parks (Olympic National Park is a huge favorite) and embark on new adventures in others (here we come Acadia, Yellowstone and Denali!). Two thumbs way up :0)

(Note: I w
gina
Dec 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
The book wasn't a big hit for my son, and I can't quite articulate why I wasn't a fan either but it's possible it was just because of his age ( nearly three). I have recommended it to other moms of older kiddos though. It's a cute and fun book and if he were older I think he might have appreciated it more. I loved the little teddy bear and squirrels that make frequent appearances on the page, but I honestly didn't enjoy reading it very much. It felt super long and a drudgery to read every night. ...more
Ryan
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have loved this series since the first. I like the message to girls (and now to boys) that you can be a superhero or a princess and still do all the things you love to do. This book explores the National Parks. She they are chasing sunsets, and following lava flows. I really like the inclusion of something special at all the national parks, and the tidbits at the end. Good job once again.
Tara
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a picture book for kids about National Parks. With fun illustrations and rhyming words, the family takes you on an adventure through all of the National Parks. Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon and Acadia to name a few. This is both fun and informational and would be great to use for when taking kids to a national park. Could be a great gift just before a vacation.
Donna Maguire
I enjoyed this book, the images are lovely and bright, the layout is great it keeps attention too. The whole concept is good overall and its been put together well. I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review - 4 stars from me
Susan
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: misc-read
I won this book through Goodreads. Loved this story and the illustrations were beautiful. A fun read for children of all ages
Tweller83
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a cute picture book that has a map in the front showing the National Parks and includes many of those parks in the narative. The illustrations were fun and now I want to see Olympic, Great Smokey, Arcadia, and Glacier. I guess I didn't give it a 5 because I was hoping for a little more, even though it is a picture book. Still, very cute.

Around the Year in 52 books challenge: A book with a map - loved the map of the national parks in the front.
Pam
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Each page spread takes the family to a different National Park. Coyle shares something special about each. Brief informative text at the end of the book about each National Park visited.
Highly detailed illustrations bring the parks to life.
Marcie
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Maybe could pair with Evan Turks National Park book, but frankly it is so much better not sure I'd use this. Enpapers and back matter make me like this better than others in the series.
Clwseattle
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Do Princesses and Super Heroes Hit the Trails? is very cute with clever, catchy rhymes and engaging illustrations.
Devera Chandler
Nov 17, 2016
Alli
Apr 12, 2017
Carmela Coyle
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Apr 02, 2018
Aug 05, 2019

• Crave (Crave, #1)
  • Tales of Suspense: Hawkeye & the Winter Soldier
  • Help Wanted, Must Love Books
  • Elwood Bigfoot: Wanted: Birdie Friends!
  • Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring
  • Don't Feed the Coos!
  • Harleen
  • Shadow of the Batgirl
  • Be You!
  • No More Naps!: A Story for When You're Wide-Awake and Definitely NOT Tired
  • The Hike
  • Grumpy Monkey
  • Let Them Be Eaten By Bears: A Fearless Guide to Taking Our Kids Into the Great Outdoors
  • 50 Things to Do Before You Deliver: The First Time Moms Pregnancy Guide
  • Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild (Dog Man, #6)
  • Betty Crocker's Cookbook
  • Willow's Smile
  • Captain Monty Takes the Plunge
Carmela LaVigna Coyle's first book, Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots? is enjoyed by little princesses everywhere. And now there are several Do Princess titles to choose from. She writes from her studio in Colorado with a puppy on her lap, and beside a wall of glass "to better see the seasons."

Carmela wrote her first story, "Forget-Me-Not," when she was ten-years-old. She hasn't forgotten it... she

News & Interviews