Start by marking “Father Ten Boom, God's Man” as Want to Read:
Father Ten Boom, God's Man

Father Ten Boom, God's Man

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  70 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Published June 1st 1978 by Fleming H Revell Co

To ask other readers questions about Father Ten Boom, God's Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Father Ten Boom, God's Man

Alice
Feb 20, 2010 added it
Read this today while staying home from church with a sick child. After reading The Hiding Place recently, I really enjoyed reading this book that tells of Corrie Ten Boom's progenitors and of her father Casper's life. You can see how the Lord prepared her family from generations before for the work that she and her family would do years later for Jewish people. Her grandfather and father had a great love for the Jewish people and in 1844 her grandfather started weekly prayer meetings in their h ...more
Trace
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yet another book that I need to track down for my personal library! 5 star all the way.
Great account of the godly patriarch of the ten Boom family. Its no wonder that all of his children came to love the Lord... I need to read this over and over!
Dionne
Sep 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography, spiritual
Again, as I've said of Corrie's other books, anything written by Corrie Ten Boom is well worth reading. This one was particularly fascinating because you got to learn about her family history. Her ancestors prayed for the Jewish people not knowing that many years later Corrie, her father and sister would save Jews from certain death in the very same house that they had prayed in.

I enjoyed learning about a different time, culture and lifestyle. It was also amazing to see how much is the same, in
Ellen Janoski
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
You discover a very important reality regarding corrie ten boom's family. Their heart for God's chosen people began generations before her. This book allows you a deep insight into God preparing this family for a important purpose and a lasting testimony declaring God's faithfulness to His people.
Andy Hickman
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Deeply moving biography of the man who was an inspiration.

When visitors increased, and food and finances were low, Corrie's brother would express optimistic faith in God's provision, saying, "ENOUGH FOR TODAY, PROMISES FOR TOMORROW." - Corrie ten Boom, “God's Man, Father Ten Boom” (p.108).

“We must be so caref
Beth
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
So good! Good perspective on the spiritual heritage and faith of Corrie and Betsie's father, grand-father, and great grand-father that instilled in them a love for all people, and a deep abiding confidence in the sovereignty of God. Trust that truly nothing goes to waste in His economy.
Nothing like cramming for research paper sourcing to get a book read in a day!
Ellen
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my most favorite books. Corrie shares the history of her family a few generations back, how God had put it into her ancestor's hearts to love and protect the Jewish people from the rising tide of anti-Semitism, even in the church. Beautiful book!
Romaskruse
May 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Anything by Corrie Ten Boom is wonderful and this is no exception. Love reading about the example her father was to her and trying to glean bits of his godly wisdom through reading this book.
Jill Simm
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Much better than Tramp For The Lord.
Gigi
Mar 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
So inspirational! A MUST read just to see what others have overcome through faith. It really encourages you!
Jr
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Five Silent Years of Corrie ten Boom
  • Lillian Trasher: The Greatest Wonder in Egypt
  • Things as They Are: Mission Work in Southern India
  • Undaunted: One Man's Real-Life Journey from Unspeakable Memories to Unbelievable Grace
  • Corrie ten Boom (Heroes of the Faith)
  • Unseduced and Unshaken: The Place of Dignity in a Woman's Choices
  • Lessons from a Sheep Dog
  • Secondhand Jesus: Trading Rumors of God for a Firsthand Faith
  • Jesus Freaks: Stories of Revolutionaries Who Changed Their World: Fearing God, Not Man
  • Light in the Shadow of Jihad: The Struggle for Truth
  • C. T. Studd, Cricketer and Pioneer
  • To the Golden Shore: The Life of Adoniram Judson
  • No Longer a Slumdog: Bringing Hope to Children in Crisis
  • Amazing Grace in the Life of William Wilberforce
  • Paul: A Man of Grace and Grit (Great Lives from God's Word, #6)
  • Perspectives on the World Christian Movement: Reader
  • Heaven Taken by Storm: Showing the Holy Violence a Christian is to Put Forth in the Pursuit After Glory (Puritan Writings)
  • Wherever the River Runs: How a Forgotten People Renewed My Hope in the Gospel
Corrie ten Boom and her family were Christians who were active in social work in their home town of Haarlem, the Netherlands. During the Nazi occupation, they chose to act out their faith through peaceful resistance to the Nazis by active participation in the Dutch underground. They were hiding, feeding and transporting Jews and underground members hunted by the Gestapo out of the country. It is e ...more
More about Corrie ten Boom...
“We must be so careful that we do not refuse the cross that the Lord has given us to carry. Let us remember that our present sufferings serve to prepare us for entering into the Kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ.” 3 likes
“A well-known psychologist once said, 'When a child reaches his third birthday, his parents will have given him half of all that they will ever be able to give him in the way of education.” 2 likes