Start by marking “Dragon Bites (Stormwalker, #6)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Bites (Stormwalker, #6)

Dragon Bites

(Stormwalker #6)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  319 ratings  ·  52 reviews
While Janet and friends try to relax in Vegas, Janet discovers that one of Mick's old nemeses has called in a debt, which is bound to result in Mick's death. This is a problem for dragons, and Janet and Gabrielle have to convince Drake and Colby to assist them before it's too late.
ebook
Published March 20th 2018 by JA/AG

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Bites, please sign up.
Jennifer Ashley Yes, there will be an Audible edition, with the same narrator as the rest of the series. Also out on Amazon (and Nook, Kobo, iBooks, Google, and in…moreYes, there will be an Audible edition, with the same narrator as the rest of the series. Also out on Amazon (and Nook, Kobo, iBooks, Google, and in print).(less)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Dragon Bites (Stormwalker, #6)
Jennifer Ashley
It is out! Very thrilled that Dragon Bites (Stormwalker 6) is live and in the world! Hillary Huber is working on the audio, which will be out soon.
Amyiw
Aug 24, 2017 marked it as to-read
Release push back again to February 2018.

I read most of Jennifer Ashley's series and like them, they are usually 6 or 7 out of 10, though some of the books really rock and turn out a 9 or 10. This series, which I started very late, 2017, is my favorite and I would give it a 9. Only problem is the release dates. I think Ashley either really puts more thought into this series, or it is not on the top of her list. She puts out so many books yearly that the later seems like the better possibility.
Lynsey A
Mar 08, 2017 marked it as to-read
It has been sooo long since the release of the previous book I can barely recall what is going on in this world. I liked the books but not enough to do a re-read to get caught up with the story...will still read this but not as super excited about it as I was. Disappointment.
Ami
Unfortunately, this is my least favorite book of the Stormwalker series. While it's GREAT to be back with the whole gang -- as they're facing threat from Earth entity that plans to obliterate all abominations that walk the Earth -- I guess I feel uncomfortable reading perspectives from various characters (a lot from Gabrielle, a couple from Colby's and Mick's).

I like Gabrielle okay, and yeah, the developing romance of her and (view spoiler) is nice, but I'm not ready to
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Starting within a few to several weeks after the conclusion of the previous title, Dragon Bites opens with Janet and Maya heading to Vegas for a girls weekend. Gabrielle crashes the party and insists she come along, and soon the threesome find trouble. They uncover a supernatural fight club, where Mick is an unlikely participant. Powers blazing, Janet and Gabrielle fight to save Mick and unknowingly awaken an ancient power.

Dragon Bites is the next adventure for Mick and Janet; however the book
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.I have always been a fan of the Stormwalker series , especially when Janet and Nash butt heads. (I have a secret crush on Nash.) The releases have spread out now, only two books over the last five years. I suspect it has as much to do with no longer being traditionally published as it does the
Darcy
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it
It's been a long time since we got a new book, so I was looking forward to this one. When I learned it was going to be heavily focused on Gabrielle, I wasn't quite as excited to read it as I don't really care for her. Now that I'm done with the book I find I like Gabrielle a little bit more and can understand why she acted as she did at times. I also think the others will finally start to treat her like an adult instead of a child. Did she make some mistakes in this book, yes, but they weren't ...more
Kathy Davie
Sixth in the Stormwalker paranormal fantasy series and revolving around Janet Begay, half goddess, all stormwalker. The focus in this story is on Gabrielle, Janet's dangerous half-sister.

I’d really recommend reading this series from the start ( Stormwalker , 1), as Dragon Bites will have more meaning if you know more about the characters and what’s gone on in the past. And, in looking at my notes, it seems I’ve missed the previous two stories, so I am incomplete on events and what the core
Sheila Melo
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
FINAL DECISION: I was disappointed that this book focused on Gabrielle who I don't find as interesting a character as Janet. While I enjoyed the action and the plot, I couldn't get immersed in the characters with the shifting points of view.

THE STORY: Janet has come to Las Vegas for some girl time. She stumbles into a situation with her dragon boyfriend, Mick. In the process of rescuing him, Janet's sister, Gabrielle, ends up helping and triggering something really bad. Now Gabrielle is
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
The only reason this book took so long to read was because I sent 3 kids off to college and received some life changing news. My brain just couldn’t focus. Finally finished on my way home from Fl drop off for my son.

I so enjoyed the character development, and loved delving into Gabrielle’s story and HEA. I just mildly struggled with all the different points of view, and that could just be because I have so much on my mind. I’m so looking forward to more Mick & Janet and the rest of the
Nancy D   Miz-Firefly aka Sparky
To my way of thinking, Dragon Bites is a bait and switch.
It's a fun story, but I signed on for the further adventures of Janet and Mick.
This aint that kinda book.

For the most part this is Gabrielle's story. A character I don't care much for.
I like her a bit more now. But feel cheated because I didn't get what I wanted.
Barbara ★
I enjoyed returning to the Stormwalker world and was pleasantly surprised to find Janet's sister playing the lead and not Janet. Gabrielle is a bit of a brat to start but you could definitely see her maturing along the way. I enjoyed the small romance and hope to see more of that in future installments. I would also like to see Janet and Mick be center stage again. I am anxiously awaiting more in this series.
Diane Richards
May 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Not my favorite of the Stormwalker series. This is really Gabrielle’s story, with Janet and Mick having only supporting roles. Though it was nice to see Gabrielle grow up and begin to find her way, she is not as interesting a character as Janet, at least not to me. I hope the next book resumes it’s focus on Janet and Mick.
Teresa
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS - I like the different POVs - Colby, Gabrielle, Mick, and Janet. (view spoiler) ...more
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Long awaited return of Janet and the gang

Janet looks forward to a girls weekend in Vegas with Maya when little sister Gabrielle decides to tag along. Of course, nothing goes as planned and what happens in Vegas might try to spill over and destroy the world. I think that this is officially my favorite Stormwalker novel to date. I really enjoyed getting the story from multiple points of view and it was especially fun to get Gabrielle's take on things. I really like how she's grown as a character
Nov 20, 2019 rated it liked it
more like 3.75 stars!

this book was nice in that we got to explore more of gabrielle and colby's characters... this book felt like it was 70% of gabrielle/colby and 30% of janet/mick. that being said though it was nice knowing more about the former couple (makes me like them a bit more), the latter couple is still my favorite and so i wished there was more about them. i can appreciate that gabrielle is growing and comes from a harsh past, but there were so many times where i was straight up
Cheryl
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this story there several new story lines. Janet and Mick are still a couple and deal with all that comes their way. But now we have Gabrielle , Colby, Drake, and a few new characters. Janet’s father,Pete is finally getting married . We will have a few secrets revealed and as the action/ mystery continues. I like meeting new family members and therefore there are surprise for you. Sheriff Nash has such an awesome part in the books as he balances a lot of things out and is a come to the rescue ...more
Judi S.
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had a lot of fun with this one. Gabrielle is a pistol and having a book dedicated to her took us to a very different point of view in the Stormwalker series. I do believe Jennifer/Ashley had as much fun writing it, too.

The storyline is taking a new turn with a new entity coming into play. Not sure how this will go, but it gave Gabrielle the perfect springboard to enter fully into the series. It also gave Ashley (Jennifer) a new direction to go in to keep the series lively.

I've read other
Glenn Adams
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book takes some refreshing turns in the stormwalker saga, all of which were welcoming to me. In Dragon Bites, Janet's sister Gabrielle is brought forward as a main character. I've always liked her presence in the story, but she was always written as a side show. Book 6 allows Gabrielle take center stage and come into her own, so much so, you kind of wonder what life experience she had before that allowed here the journey into book 6. A bit of a gap, but I had no trouble embracing the new ...more
Lis
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review: This is the sixth book in the Stormwalker series and follows Janet, Maya and an unplanned sister Gabrielle on a girls trip to Vegas. Of course Janet can't have a normal fun trip of buffets, slots and male strippers... No crazy happens! So another battle against something worse than anything before yadda, yadda... This has multiple POVs and primarily Janet and Gabrielle, which really helps with Gabrielle character after being in her head. Not a lot of smexy moments, but we get to catch up ...more
Kerrie P
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best yet

What can I say about a novel that made me laugh and cry? Normally, I don't like books where the narrator changes from chapter to chapter, but here it was amazing. It added such depth to Gabrielle 's character. It makes you understand her and yearn for her to receive all the love and friendship she missed growing up. Coyote is as hilarious and mysterious as always. The Grandmother is such a woman of love, acceptance, and contradictions. I can't wait to read the next novel which I assume
Cherry Mischievous
My Thoughts:
The cover is not the best, but don't get discouraged by it because the inside is totally kick-ass! Even though the cover is apropos to the story.

The good news is, this is a good book. The bad news is, you have to get through several books to get here. Reading this series in order may not be a must, but, it gives you a better appreciation of the people and events that happens in this book.

I don't know if Colby is red in his dragon form but this image of a red dragon is sure
Marty Tool
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book assumes you know the history of Janet and the rest of characters, I liked that there wasn't a lot of history rehash here. It is told via multiple POV, each chapter is labeled. Gabrielle is actually the main character, and I enjoyed it very much reading her growth and character development as well as her self introspection. Catching up on many characters, and finding out more about Grandmother was fun, and Gabrielle' s paternity was alluded to also.
Fast paced save the world action takes
Laurla2
"i just want things the way they used to be."
"no, you don't. you want what you THINK you had."

"why were demons so often portrayed with pitchforks? i'd never seen a demon actually wield one. pitchforks are farm tools for lifting and spreading hay - maybe artists back in the day couldn't think of anything more evil than a symbol of backbreaking work."

"i screamed in frustration. all my life i'd been pushed and pulled, tugged between everyone i'd met - my parents who hadn't wanted me, my teachers
Susan
I was so excited to get this book. I love how this book centered more on Gabrielle and her abilities. I like that Gabrielle found that she has good inside her and can do things for herself without causing trouble.

The book has just the right amount of all the characters and their stories continue. I enjoyed reading about Janet's dad's wedding. It was great that Jane's family has taken Gabrielle in as their own and that she has fallen for a dragon just like her big sister.

Awesome ending and
Melindeeloo
3Plus stars - I enjoy revisiting this world. This time around it is a little bit odd though since there is quite a bit of head hopping: Mick, Janet, Gabrielle and at least one other dragon get first person POV threads. It makes sense that we see things from their eyes and are privy to their thoughts, but it took a bit of getting used to. There were points in the story where I felt that this was going to be a series wrapup, but no - and new characters were added.
Keira
This book brings the first change in perspective. We get to see into Mick, Colby and Gabrielle. Personally, I found there to be a bit too much on the Gabrielle side, I'm here for Janet and everyone else isn't as important. What I would have liked to see is a bit more from Mick ;) I love taking a peak in his head. In saying all of this, it was a decent book just not quite on par with its predecessors.
Dawn Cavenee
I was extremely excited to continue Mac and Janet’s story. Unfortunately this book is more about Janet’s sister. The story doesn’t flow smoothly and isn’t nearly as good as the rest of the books in this series. I was very disappointed and let down. I feel like the author has lost the wonderful crew backing her and may have experienced changes in editors, etc. Prior books in this series were absolutely beautiful!!
Michelle Graves
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! I can't believe Colby risking his heart and even possible death on her when he barely knew her. At least they had quite a bit in common. I don't quite understand the earth inity since it's constantly wanting 2 hurt everyone weither it's good or bad. It's crazy!! I don't quite understand where Titan fits in 2 them can't wait 4 more asap.
Colette
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Something New

As always a great story in the series. This time written from different character perspectives. I admit to really liking Gabrielle's developing insight into her own experiences. The maturation of her relationship with her sister and other characters.
SOS: Serious Over...: [September 2017] "Dragon Bites" Discussion 2 21 Sep 03, 2017 11:51AM

• Midnight Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #11)
  • Tiger Striped (Shifters Unbound #11.5)
  • Red Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #10)
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
  • A Shifter Christmas Carol (Shifters Unbound, #11.75)
  • Dark Queen (Jane Yellowrock, #12)
  • Hunter Hunted (Lizzie Grace, #3)
  • Dragon Blood (World of the Lupi, #14)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Wicked Wings (Lizzie Grace, #5)
  • Scissor Kisses (Ordinary Magic, #3.7)
  • Guardian of Darkness (Darkness, #7)
  • Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)
  • Brave the Tempest (Cassandra Palmer, #9)
  • Dragon Spawn (World of the Lupi, #13)
  • Slaying It (Chicagoland Vampires, #13.5)
  • Lionheart (Moonshadow, #3)
  • Guardian's Mate (Shifters Unbound, #9)
Allyson James writes paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and erotic romance (paranormal and futuristic). She is a nationally bestselling author, a multiple RITA nominee, an RT Award winner, and a Prism winner. She also writes romance (paranormal and historical) as Jennifer Ashley. See Allyson's website for current and upcoming books. See also Allyson's GoodReads bookshelves for all books under all ...more

Stormwalker (6 books)
  • Stormwalker (Stormwalker, #1)
  • Firewalker (Stormwalker, #2)
  • Shadow Walker (Stormwalker, #3)
  • Nightwalker (Stormwalker, #4)
  • Dreamwalker (Stormwalker, #5)