Start by marking “Lightning And Lace (Texas Legacy #3)” as Want to Read:
Lightning And Lace (Texas Legacy #3)

Lightning And Lace (Texas Legacy #3)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  336 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Bonnie Kahler, immersed in grief since losing her husband, attempts to rise from the ashes of mourning. Will love and faith give her the power to conquer the demons within and evils without? In an attempt to outrun his past, Preacher Travis Whitworth arrives in Kahlerville, incognito. When he stumbles across a dead body, suspicion falls on his shoulders. Is Travis in too d ...more
Published March 1st 2007 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about Lightning And Lace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lightning And Lace

Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. It was by far the best of the 3 in the series. I think I will change from a 4 to a 5. The story was put together very well. Did't see the end of Lester coming.
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the Texas Legacy three books. While it's not a requirement that you read the prior two, it does help if you have done so.

This is a wonderful Christian read that manages to pack several sermons within yet without being "preachy".

Everyone has things that they hope people will cease to remember or will never learn about.
"Hiding from the truth doesn't make it any less the truth."

And our two lead characters are just like us. The new preacher in town is hoping for a second chance sinc
Tamara Tilley
Apr 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: diann-mills, own
LIGHTNING AND LACE is the third novel in the Texas Legacy Series. It continues a few years after where Lanterns and Lace left off, focusing on the character of Bonnie Kahler. Now widowed, and dealing with depression and an unruly son, Bonnie has to dig deep to strengthen herself and her family before she loses them completely. With the help of the new pastor in town willing to help Zack deal with his father's death, Bonnie does what she can to keep her family together. The unwelcome advances of ...more
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this story is another Andrews story of Bonnie and her relationship with her children, God and in her community. Evil runs rampant with those that have not been punished with consequences of their actions and get off the first time, as they continue the pattern as they haven't changed. Children can have many secrets of things they have seen n heard and have difficulty in handling life...they need to see modeling behaviour of forgiveness, respect and goodness. The story of Zack and how grief of hi ...more
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A recent widow with a troubled son and being preyed upon by an evil man is the basis of a pretty good Western.
Then a new preacher who had a rough past tries to be a Godly example in his town, takes an interest in the troubled boy.
I like that the new preacher has a wooly face and baggy clothes. The congregation really has to look hard at his heart, because his outward appearance is off-putting.
He wins people over and even Bonnie begins to like him after a super rocky beginning.
Good easy read
May 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mills-diann
May 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
Christian Romance The heroine is so unlikeable through the first several chapters of this book that I couldn't get myself to finish the book. And having the hero look like a vagrant didn't help much either. But the thing that really sealed the deal for me was having two names for each kid. It's hard enough to remember characters in a book, but to have to remember the first and middle name? That's asking a bit much. Plus, it made he heroine seem pretentious.
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book made me so mad! But I loved it! The characters who were making bad decisions out of fear, and illogical thinking, made me want to scream! Yet, that happens every single day, people making irrational decisions because they are afraid. I thought it was good, and can't wait to read the last book in the series.
Sandy Duke
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Probably my favorite in this series. The author really lets us inside the heads of the characters to understand the inner struggles they are experiencing. She manages to clearly deal with topics such as forgiveness, repentance, salvation, and redemption with very little scripture, and non-preachy conversations, but rather shows us these concepts through the character's lives.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Jul 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faith-fiction
Bonnie's story is revealed! Her heart and family are broken after the death of her husband. She is working toward becoming the mother her children need. The new preacher in town enters her life on the wrong foot. After the second confrontation, Bonnie strives to befriend him and rein in her rebellious son.

Time Period: 1989
Location: Kahlerville, Texas, USA

Reviewed from a library copy.
Jun 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
It has a good story line that keeps you reading until the end. A good book that makes you feel good reading it with romance, without bad words and naughty sex. Christians can enjoy it without feeling quilty. Thanks to DiAnn Mills for such a good reading experiance.
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
I liked this conclusion. I loved seeing Bonnie grow up and stand up for herself. I love DiAnn Mills style and can't wait to read more books by her. She knows how to write interesting stories that also contain good messages.
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Interesting story line dealing with grief over the loss of a parent and spouse. Often that is dealt with on a superficial way but I found this plot was a lot more realistic and believable. Better than book 1 and 2 in the series.
Apr 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: young women
I loved this book because unlike other "Christian" romances, the main characters don't kiss until after they marry. It has a great story line too. A father dies, leaving his children and wife behind. A pastor moves to a different church hoping to forget about his past. I love a good story!
May 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Set in the late 1800's in texas, a small town is plagued by lies and deceit. How can the new preacher in the town help the town to come to God? I really liked this story, well written.
Paula Võ
Suspense isn't my thing, but it was detailed and written well. I just needed a change of scenery and plot a bit.
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Love this series.
Nov 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 of 3
Oct 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Very interesting book with some odd plot twists.
Mar 13, 2012
Jun 01, 2014
Oct 08, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 17, 2014 06:14PM
  • The Maverick (Men of the Saddle #3)
  • California Chances: Three Brothers Play the Role of Protector as Romance Develops (California Chances #1-3)
  • Calico Canyon (Lassoed in Texas, #2)
  • Unbridled Dreams
  • Loving Libby
  • The Bride Backfire (Prairie Promises, #2)
  • Colorado
  • New Mexico Sunrise: Faith and Love Hold Generations Together in Four Complete Novels
  • Kansas Home: Hearts Adrift Find a Place to Dwell in Four Romantic Stories
  • The Bounty Hunter's Bride
  • Leigh (Women of Ivy Manor, #3)
  • A Soldier's Family (Wings of Refuge, #2)
  • A Stitch in Time: Basket Stitch/Double Cross/Spider Web Rose/Double Running
  • Beloved Castaway (Fairweather Keys #1)
  • A Whisper of Danger (Treasures of the Heart #2)
  • From Italy with Love: Motivated by Letters, Four Women Travel to Italian Cities and Find Love (From Italy with Love #1)
DiAnn Mills is a bestselling author who believes her readers should expect an adventure. She combines unforgettable characters with unpredictable plots to create action-packed, suspense-filled novels.

Her titles have appeared on the CBA and ECPA bestseller lists; won two Christy Awards; and been finalists for the RITA, Daphne du Maurier, Inspirational Reader's Choice, and Carol Award contests. Fire
More about DiAnn Mills...

Texas Legacy (4 books)
  • Leather and Lace (Texas Legacy #1)
  • Lanterns and Lace (Texas Legacy #2)
  • A Texas Legacy Christmas (Texas Legacy #4)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dance with Me (Rice, Luanne)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
“I think the day is as beautiful as you and I choose.” 10 likes
“The world's full of men like him. They just have different names, different reasons to hurt folks.” 3 likes