Start by marking “Parallel (Mortisalian Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Parallel (Mortisalian Saga, #1)

Parallel

(Mortisalian Saga #1)

Cassandra Collier was only seventeen when her parents dumped her in a psychiatric ward. Seven years later, she still has no hope of leaving. Nothing’s changed. She still hears sounds that can’t possibly be real - sounds of war and brutal deaths that she can’t turn off. At least, not since his voice was silenced in her mind.

After a threat to her life becomes very real, Cass
Kindle Edition
Published March 14th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Parallel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parallel

Heather Ross
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Parallel, the latest piece of brilliance from the mind of L.J. Stock, is a novel that you won't want to put down. So if you plan to pick up a copy, don't expect to get anything done until you've finished. The hangover I've been nursing since I finished reading it is of the epic variety.

There is almost nothing that this book doesn't have: wonderful, well rounded and interesting characters, snappy dialogue, a world you will never want to leave, forbidden love that you just can't help pulling for,
Kristina
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How can i get to Mortisali?? That's what i thought when i finished this book.....really *looks around* ;) LJ created this beautiful world you just wanna be a part of, the characters are amazing! You will fall in love with each and every one of them! I just can say this: go read it and fall as much in love as i have with this beautifully written book..... I can't wait for the next book in this series!
Sue
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Day 1 WOW was the first word I said when I finished the book.I had nothing else that would make sense after the amazing book I had just read.
Day 2 I was in a complete Parallel haze all day at work and couldn't stop thinking about these characters and what they were doing.
DAY 3 My dreams I woke up from,I was in Mortisali.
I want to be in Mortisali with these characters.And I was with the way LJ Stock wrote this book.
I didn't want this story to ever end,I slowed down my reading in the last 20% hopp
Kathy Wideman
I will admit that it took me a bit to get into this book. But about half way through the book a was totally hooked. This book is about a girl names Cassandra. She has lived a life that is pretty bad so far. She is currently lives in a mental institution thanks to her father. She has heard these noises and sounds her whole life but has no clue if that means she is crazy or not. Sometimes she even sees the things she hears. But her whole life is about to change and she about to learn about her tru ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Parallel is the first book in the Mortisalian Saga, telling the story of Cass who is in a Psychiatric Hospital for what looks like the rest of her life. Cass hears noises when water is nearby, horrific sounds of war and people in torment. She has made the best of her life, but things are about to happen that change all that she has known, and all those she thought she could count on.

WOW! This is an amazing #Fantasy #Romance that is so much more! It is full of action, elements, danger, and yes, a
Valerie
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rooted in Greek mythology, this novel tells the story of Cassandra a water/fire nymph who’d spent her whole live being mentally tortured at the hands of a man whom she believed to be her father. Culminating in his sending her away to a mental asylum, Cassandra spends years believing herself to be crazy after having a supposed imaginary friend Damon in her early years, hearing screams of battle whenever she would step into water and finally an attempt on her own life. One night changes everything ...more
Amanda McCalip
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Parallel is the first book in the Mortisalian Saga and holy smokes it was absolutely everything I wanted and never knew I needed!

This is the story of Cass who is in a Psychiatric Hospital. This book started off and I absolutely swore there was zero way she would ever leave this place. She hears noises and can see things when water is nearby. She's about to be thrown for a loop in this story when everything she knows and thinks she knows changes.

This series is absolutely amazing. Parallel kept me
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I originally got Parallel as an ARC getting ready for the new release of Dishonored but I also found this book on Kindle Unlimited so why not let the author get a little something for the book. Parallel is the is the first book in the Mortisalian Saga.

Cassandra “Cass” Collier has been living in a mental hospital for the last 7 years. She has been hearing voices since she was a child. Cassandra’s life has been threatened and now she finds out that she isn’t crazy and never has been crazy.

Cass a
Kelly Kemmerly
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I agreed to read this ARC for an honest review.

Thank you for dropping me into this realm that teeters between what we assume and what we cannot deny. LJ Stock takes you into a fantasy of past and present, prophecy and fate, only to leave you guessing, hoping, and writhing to you last word. A must read tale for all who love fantasy romance.
Stacey Kelly (When Words Collide Blog)
The intricacies of the world L.J Stock has created in this mythological world is one that has been painted in words by a true artist. This book was a little harder to get into because of this but absolutely 100% worth it. I can not wait to see where this series goes.
Pam
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. What a creative idea to have two parallel dimensions , existing in different time periods with characters moving between the two. Well developed plot and characters. If you like the Cilmari series, you'll find this even better.
Lita Thomas
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Parallel (Mortisalian Saga Book 1) by L. J. Stock is the story of Cassandra a young lady who for the past 7 years has lived in a mental hospital. Since she was a little girl she has been hearing not only voices but a war plus she has an imaginary friend. She has had a hard life not only has she had to endure the noise and voices but a father that was mentally and emotionally abusive. Cassandra has gotten used to living in the hospital and is making the best of the situation until one night chang ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Drama, mystery, romance, parallel universe what else does a book need. This book had a little of everything to keep you bound to the pages. Everyone is different in life but Cassandra thought something was very different about her, her whole life she wonders if there was something wrong with her. This book was a page turner from beginning till the end. Damon was one of those characters that will draw you in and just when you want to slap him you start to love him.
Cassandra has been through a lot
Karyn
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Parallel was an incredible story filled with action, angst, tough decisions, heartbreak, and romance. I fell in love with the characters and the world they live in. This book was one that I took my time reading as I became immersed in the world of Mortisali. Once there I did not want to leave.

The characters were well defined and various important ones were introduced throughout the story. The author did a great job developing each of them. With the amount of important characters, it could have e
Charlie Matthews
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
To discover a novel that tugs and pulls you in from the very first page is tough. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, you cherish every moment of every page, each chapter and full stop..
L.J has a magnificent eye for detail and her creative mind knows no bounds.
Through every turn of the page I found myself engrossed, living the story through Cass' eyes as well as my own. I found myself running barefoot through plush fields, I swam in the bluest of rivers and I watched the sun rise and fall
Danielle Goodwin
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
L.J. Stock's "Parallel" is the amazing first tale in the Mortisalian Saga. I don't give out many straight 5-star reviews, so believe me when I say this book is awesome! It's a new adult fantasy romance. Sweet and powerful. The writing and descriptions are very intense. I love the mythology with the four elements and the translocation. All the makings for an amazing series. I can't wait to read #2 and I've already added more from this author to my TBR list!
Danielle Goodwin
Heidi Sturgess
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-books-read
The cover art is phenomenonal!!  I must be honest and say that, that  is what drew me in, in the first place!

Cassandra had a hard childhood in the sense that her parents were detached emotionally and the fact that she was different didn't help much. I fell in love with her as a child already especially with the relationship she shared with Damon
Lisa
Jul 02, 2019
Lindsey
Apr 14, 2016
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Parallel is the first book I have read by this author as well as the first book in the Mortisalian Saga. Cass was put into a mental facility by her parents at the age of 17. The book begins 7 years later with her still in the same hospital. She hears and see things, mostly war, through water. A nurse is dragging her through the hospital to the shower. What follows is a fantastical story filled with tales of the gods, mythical beings, other realms, battles and so much more. The story is extremely ...more
Jenny
Kimberly Caldwell
Apr 17, 2017
Kristan
May 28, 2019
L.J. Stock has always lived in a world of her own, continuously lost in her imagination. Whether in the forests that backed up to her home in Aberdeen when she was only six years old, the unique landscape of Singapore she discovered at eight, or the rolling woodlands that rolled up to Dartmoor during her teen years, there have always been new worlds to explore.

Now an adult living in Houston, Texa

Mortisalian Saga (3 books)
  • From The Shadows (The Mortisalian Saga, #2)
  • Dishonored (The Mortisalian Saga #3)